• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

7734 Vids :: DK vs. Alot of people now up! Melee 2

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
You do know about the 10 move memory right? The game only remembers your last 10 moves, the it gets erased off the list. So if you bair 6 times, then tilt 6 more, then your bairs get their power back for killing ^.^

And sorry about that, go ahead and message me when you are on next time, or just make a room with our tag in your comment box. We'll join.

&**Put 7734 sucks or something stupid**&

Antichrist

Smash Cadet
After watching the first few matches, i was disappointed at the lack of skill shown by both players. I mean, suiciding just about each other your lives isent much
i think we should all commit suicide

I never over reacted...and what are you trying to say? That I don't have a social life because sometimes I play in tournaments? Dude, I'm in ****ing high school. I play sports, I'm popular, I'm hanging out with friends just about everyday. I have way more of a social life than any of you 20 year olds who still play video games. Look, if you have such an exciting social life, why the hell are you wasting your time arguing over some senseless ****? Honestly, ask yourself that.
dood, you're way too popular for me, i cant handle the pressure! you're a organized sport player! with lots of friends! ****! you really make me want to kill myself for sucking so bad

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Anti Christ, just go ****ing kill yourself, you suck.

No one challenged. JMEX ignored me XD Cmon now guys, I'm looking for good DK's too, cuz apparently the one I'm playing isn't that good.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Might've wanted to save that post for 2 weeks from now.

.... post count ftw I guess...

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Dude, we live in Texas, so we don't have to do WiFi if you are close. Where do you live? *cough*Say Dallas*cough*

Right now Brawl is temp out of order. Give it a few minutes, we'll be back on to play Kalm XD XD

We should be playing all night to, if 7734 leaves Gears of War XD Oh, check these epic sigs!:

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
No, he is not. He actually uses the fair as something other than edgeguard. That's such a noob move.
dude, i use fair a lot. it is actually bad as an edge guard, bair and dair are better for that. full hop fair, fair under platforms, and returning to stage fairs (to take out any would-be gimpers) are all way better uses for it than edge guard.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Fair ian't bad as an edge guard but it shouldn't always be used. Mixing it up between Dair Bair and Fair is what keeps the opponent nervous.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Whenever 7734 lands a hit, I always remind him thats a "Noob move" XD

Good games Leprechaun drunk ^.^

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
7734: Awesome DK fights, a lot of those were really close! The edge battles had me really nervous, those were intense lol, I only got one replay of us I think, I need to see if that was on it. I really need to get my Bair as good as yours, you had me covered with it for about 80% one fight.

DM1: Yeah that was certainly what I needed to see in a Peach. A lot of your attacks threw me off big time, especially you aerials canceled into jabs, I couldn't find an opening to grab! And that was messed up when you used Raddish and pulled out a randon Bo-Bomb instead, that made me drop an F bomb.

Anyways, what did you guys think of my Toon Link? Hes my official secondary at the moment but I think he could easily become my main. When I get my sound adapter up for my comp we need to get a bunch of long fight replays.

Smash Journeyman
7734: Awesome DK fights, a lot of those were really close! The edge battles had me really nervous, those were intense lol, I only got one replay of us I think, I need to see if that was on it. I really need to get my Bair as good as yours, you had me covered with it for about 80% one fight.

DM1: Yeah that was certainly what I needed to see in a Peach. A lot of your attacks threw me off big time, especially you aerials canceled into jabs, I couldn't find an opening to grab! And that was messed up when you used Raddish and pulled out a randon Bo-Bomb instead, that made me drop an F bomb.

Anyways, what did you guys think of my Toon Link? Hes my official secondary at the moment but I think he could easily become my main. When I get my sound adapter up for my comp we need to get a bunch of long fight replays.
Yeah good matches man. I think I need to slow down when I play you. My aggressive habits leave me open for punishment. Your T.link is good. You definately got the right idea. You should play my roommate 666. His T.link is pretty broke. I can barely beat him with my DK.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Yeah I saw some of the videos of him. I think his Bomb Metagame is a bit more developed than mine. I actually think he uses them a bit too much though when his foe is at higher percents, he needs to focus more on getting in the killing blow.

A lot of my DK strategy is conservative, I like to use his first attack safely. Thats why I approach with tilts more and wait to counter, and after I have a chance I put on a lot of pressure until the opponent and I spread out again. You really need to work Hand Slap into your game though, it opens up a lot more chances to force an opponent to jump and hit them with a Bair, especially when they're on the ledge. If you turn your back to them and Hand Slap, you can cancel it into a Bair with good timing since they have just about no choice but to jump.

Antichrist

Smash Cadet

i want some of that toon link ^_^, and im roommates with 7734

Antichrist

Smash Cadet
Yeah I saw some of the videos of him. I think his Bomb Metagame is a bit more developed than mine. I actually think he uses them a bit too much though when his foe is at higher percents, he needs to focus more on getting in the killing blow.

A lot of my DK strategy is conservative, I like to use his first attack safely. Thats why I approach with tilts more and wait to counter, and after I have a chance I put on a lot of pressure until the opponent and I spread out again. You really need to work Hand Slap into your game though, it opens up a lot more chances to force an opponent to jump and hit them with a Bair, especially when they're on the ledge. If you turn your back to them and Hand Slap, you can cancel it into a Bair with good timing since they have just about no choice but to jump.
im a ***** for f tilts as a kill move at high percentage, i guess i keep throwing bombs because theyre so easy to combo off of, theres no bad time for bombs in my game i guess ^_^

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
One of the things I like best about Toon Link is that you use so many different moves to get the opponents % up, he often has many options to KO with. I know for a fact that I've KO'd an opponent with every single one of Toon Link's aerials. All of his smash attacks KO well (his Fsmash has a % range though, when it gets too high you can KO easily) his Utilt KOs well too.

Overall Toon Link is one of the best balanced characters in the game, when you add in his decent weight and ridiculous recovery.

I wanted to fight last night but you were occupied. I've got little experience vs a Toon Link but if I do as well as I do against 7734's DK simply because I know how to use DK then I think we can have some close matches. If nothing else I want to learn some more bomb tricks lol.

By the way if you guys are all together and online with me I'm up for any spontaneous team matches. I loooove team battles.

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the tips. very good advice. I really should start playing conservative. I have good combo abilities, but very few openings. But I am a little confused about the handslap.... I speak in technical terms and know nothing of this handslap you speak of! Do you mean f-tilt? Just a little confused.

heh yeah i had a lot of fun and learned a lot.
You catch on quick... And I love your taunts! They remind me of... well, our taunts. Very controversial, offensive and sometimes completly random! Great job!

By the way if you guys are all together and online with me I'm up for any spontaneous team matches. I loooove team battles.

Very little are we all together at the same time. Mainly cause I work a hellacious schedule and go to school full time. 666 goes to school too but is nocturnal, so we have completely opposite sleep schedules. DM1 is always here. HE WONT LEAVE!!!

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
**** you...

I'm establishing my social career, that's how I like to think of it. And we are together around 5-6, before we all wake up or go to sleep. I fit both of there schedules, I don't sleep.

btw, get your AIM Kalm, so we can arrange some stuff.

Also, your TL was pretty decent, I saw alot of DK like qualities in him though XD (Which is fine, I learned to play Peach from watching a TL and a DK, hence the spamming and the aggressive)

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I thought DM1 was a girl!? O.o
Yeah my DKness shines through all my characters lol. Bair! Bair! Bair! By handslap I mean his DownB. I got you with the DownB a good couple of times per match, it does impressive damage and can be hard to work around when you're already afraid of DK's metagame.

I finally started getting used to Peach, and got a few more grabs in. My Toon Linkness was a bit off today though sadly, I fought a laggy fight just before you guys and I think it completely threw off my mojo. I was also feeling lazy, hence the lack of projectiles xD. You finally used someone else besides Peach, which is the first time either you or 7734 switched from a main. I guess it was good timing too for me to go to Ike, which ended up being a little onesided?? If I had to guess I'd say you haven't fought a very skilled Ike before, you reacted poorly to a lot of my attacks. Either that or you just dont know much about Snake and Marth lol.

I currently don't have any IM whatsoever, but I guess I'm going to finally get one since I joined these forums and everyone uses them. I don't know what I should get though, can I have AIM without having AOL alltogether? Cuz I hate it as far as a browser goes.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
I thought you were fat with short hair, but your myspace proved me wrong XD

I just picked up Snake last night, and I don't play marth at all. My real Secondary is ZSS, and my other Secondary is MK. I'm just trying to pick up all the top tiers at the moment ^.^

But Peach is my girl, gotta stick with her.

Smash Journeyman
I thought DM1 was a girl!? O.o
Yes!

By handslap I mean his DownB. I got you with the DownB a good couple of times per match, it does impressive damage and can be hard to work around when you're already afraid of DK's metagame.
O.k. I should use more of that. I played this dude cyphus that owned me with that move. He kept getting me with it while I was on the edge.

which is the first time either you or 7734 switched from a main.
I play ******** when I switch. In melee I could, but it takes me too long to adapt in brawl.

can I have AIM without having AOL alltogether? Cuz I hate it as far as a browser goes.
Yes you can. Just download it. I used to hate instant messagers too. I use it for smash purposes now though.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Well, I was going to say he sucks, but I guess I ****ed that up...

But hey, + 1 post count points, right?

Anyways, Kalm, we need teams ftw.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Any of you guys east coast?
I'm kinda looking for someone to play.
I couldn't do it immediately, because I'd have to set it up at a friends house, but lemme know if anyone's interested.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
We are on the west, or south, or north, or something that's not east. But we'll play you either way.

Smashanomicon ftw!

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
It's too bad WiFi sucks cause I'd love to play you. Between having an HD tv, a wavebird, and playing online the button lag absolutely destroys me.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
It's too bad WiFi sucks cause I'd love to play you. Between having an HD tv, a wavebird, and playing online the button lag absolutely destroys me.
I wish they made online lagless like Mario Kart is. :(

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Eastern Maryland.
Ganon, I go to school out in Indiana though, so if there's ever a tournament in the midwest area, I'd totally face you.
My wifi blows horrendously though, so that's kinda out.
I just really have yet to play someone that can beat my dk. I want to really bad though!

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Mario Kart plays on a different mechanic than Brawl. It has just as much lag as Brawl but because the game is a racing game the lag can be handled in a more beneficial way. Brawl had to either deal with slowed screens and button lag, or deal with character teleporting everywhere, like you can see in Mario Kart from time to time. Teleporting in Mario Kart isn't that big a deal, but if that mechanic was allowed in Brawl then the Wifi play would be 100% useless.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Mario Kart plays on a different mechanic than Brawl. It has just as much lag as Brawl but because the game is a racing game the lag can be handled in a more beneficial way. Brawl had to either deal with slowed screens and button lag, or deal with character teleporting everywhere, like you can see in Mario Kart from time to time. Teleporting in Mario Kart isn't that big a deal, but if that mechanic was allowed in Brawl then the Wifi play would be 100% useless.
I suppose your right. :(

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
We have 64 friends, and for some reason never someone to play other then Dave. Kalm, and everyone else we've added, you must play brawl more. Immedietly!

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I delete people from my friends list very regularly, basically if I don't recall seeing them in the past 2 weeks to a month I delete them. This keeps my list of 60 people fresh enoug to the point where I almost always have someone to fight at any given moment, I constantly add people and get rid of those I seldom see.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
I don't know how you can see people at all. You never play. Jerk. XD

Nah, I was just really tired at 3 in the morning, and no one was playing...

Top Bottom