• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

7/26 Gigabits Melee - Thank you Sir may I have another?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i played some melee a few days ago

it was fun. i sucked *** in it, but doc was still pretty fun to play. although he felt as akward as a stranger

still like brawl more than melee though

Laijin

Smash Hero
Melee is too hard for most people who like brawl more.
You actually have to try in melee. In brawl, everything is pretty much done for you.
Sweetspotting? Don't worry about it.
Oh no. You got knocked off the ledge. Don't worry though! You'll come back most likely. ;]
Huh? Whats that? You can't combo to well? Well don't worry too much about that, just hit and run or camp. ;]

AfroQT

Smash Master
You actually have to try in melee. In brawl, everything is pretty much done for you.
Oh no. You got knocked off the ledge. Don't worry though! You'll come back most likely. ;]
Huh? Whats that? You can't combo to well? Well don't worry too much about that, just hit and run or camp. ;]
Did you lose? Post on the forums and cry about it!

Gmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL
And you still don't win.

Galuda

Smash Cadet
i cry too sometimes, i think last time was 6 years old.

Zoro

Smash Champion
(insert generic zoro post about melee being better than brawl)

but yeah man

Im ready for another melee tourney i cant wait for july.

July is melee month

Ive been practicing non stop melee for the last few weeks
I d ont care about brawl at all
like tonight is a box fest before gigs and its brawl
but we will all play melee mostly even hiroshi plays melee more now.

yet i still own noobs with ganon in brawl...duno why
Just a warning
noobs will get owned by ganon
so if u get owned by ganon....u know whatsup

Zoro

Smash Champion
Noobs dont know what to do

Pros immediately change depending on the situation

so we will see whos noob and whos pro

I am the noob tester

Gindler

Smash Champion
Ummmm, I actually have to sweetspot now in brawl. New Fair spike = no more approach and no more guaranteed meteor so as far as me and spiking Melee I don't have to try and brawl I do. I couldn't wavedash (effectively), or L cancel everytime so that limited my already low skill. and comboing = easier in brawl, for me anyway :laugh: But yeah I'm a melee noobity noob.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Did you lose? Post on the forums and cry about it!
Lose? In Brawl?
Sorry tournaments take so long that I actually lose interest in playing an already not so exciting game about 12 hours in.

And you still don't win.
See above

i cry too sometimes, i think last time was 6 years old.
Aww. How cute.

Ummmm, I actually have to sweetspot now in brawl. New Fair spike = no more approach and no more guaranteed meteor so as far as me and spiking Melee I don't have to try and brawl I do. I couldn't wavedash (effectively), or L cancel everytime so that limited my already low skill. and comboing = easier in brawl, for me anyway :laugh: But yeah I'm a melee noobity noob.
Practicing helps.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Yoshi is'nt that bad.
He has good match ups like...
uhh..
Kirby..
and..
Kirby.
And in melee he was good against like..Pichu and Kirby(not even Mewtwo :[) :O
See, Yoshi was better in melee.

cultofrubik

Smash Journeyman
So after the July Tournament, I expect to have an August Melee tournament. And then a September Melee tournament. Then an October one. Then a November one. A December one...

[hmmmm... I wonder where I'm going with this]

lol laijin. so truu about yoshi

AfroQT

Smash Master
Lose? In Brawl?
Sorry tournaments take so long that I actually lose interest in playing an already not so exciting game about 12 hours in.

That doesnt cover the fact that all you do is lose, and then complain about it on the forums.

or make negative shout outs, LOL

Gindler

Smash Champion
Yoshi is'nt that bad.
He has good match ups like...
uhh..
Kirby..
and..
Kirby.
And in melee he was good against like..Pichu and Kirby(not even Mewtwo :[) :O
See, Yoshi was better in melee.
True he's not that bad.
There are rumors of him having an advantage on snake too so that's always nice, so that'd be a whopping two.
Melee I've been practicing my fox whoopin' so i'm hoping that helps out a bit.

Ha, yeah I lose in brawl (a decent amount) but don't just think melee's better because of it. I actually think brawl's better, I mean 35 characters!!! 64 is still the best though

Laijin

Smash Hero
That doesnt cover the fact that all you do is lose, and then complain about it on the forums.

or make negative shout outs, LOL
lol.
When do I ever complain about losing?
Quit making **** up. LOL.

True he's not that bad.
There are rumors of him having an advantage on snake too so that's always nice, so that'd be a whopping two.
Melee I've been practicing my fox whoopin' so i'm hoping that helps out a bit.

Ha, yeah I lose in brawl (a decent amount) but don't just think melee's better because of it. I actually think brawl's better, I mean 35 characters!!! 64 is still the best though
That is kinda true. His match up against Snake is'nt so bad.
Fox is god.

More characters don't mean better gameplay(Ex. Tekken 4. lol).
More characters usually mean less balance(Ex. MvC2. So uhh..how many characters are actually playable in tournaments? 5? 6? out of how many? lol).
64 was extremely broken. But at least it was more fun than brawl. I dunno. I just don't have fun playing Brawl. I used to when the game came out, but that quickly faded away as I kept playing it. Why chose to play brawl when I can play games that are actually fun to me. :O Thats just my opinion.

AfroQT

Smash Master
lol.
When do I ever complain about losing?
Quit making **** up. LOL.
You complain about losing everytime you lose? LOL you've done nothing but complain about brawl since you got stomped at gigabits. Get outta here no one likes you.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Geez afro, I know your speaking nothing but the truth but try to be more sympathetic =P

2 boxes of mini muffins? those mini bites at publix? OMG, they're like my favorite buy 1 get 1 free thing and publix does that like every other week with those.

Zoro

Smash Champion
yep i owned alot of noobs yesterday with ganon

metaknight how the **** u lose to ganon with metaknight?
noob tester

I like how not even a third of the people goin to brawl gigs will show up to melee gigs because they suck and have no desire to get better, when they can just play brawl and tornado spam and **** and win with the easiest tactics ever and win more money playing it than melee.Hell if i hated myself enough to put myself through the torture of playing this already ridiculously boring game with a ridiculously easy and boring character, i would too.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Geez afro, I know your speaking nothing but the truth but try to be more sympathetic =P

2 boxes of mini muffins? those mini bites at publix? OMG, they're like my favorite buy 1 get 1 free thing and publix does that like every other week with those.
its hard to be sympathic to someone that does nothing but complain all the time non stop. Then tries to demean other people that DO play brawl.

And he didnt give you a "negative shoutout", that post was the epitome of fail.

AfroQT

Smash Master
yep i owned alot of noobs yesterday with ganon

metaknight how the **** u lose to ganon with metaknight?
noob tester

I like how not even a third of the people goin to brawl gigs will show up to melee gigs because they suck and have no desire to get better, when they can just play brawl and tornado spam and **** and win with the easiest tactics ever and win more money playing it than melee.Hell if i hated myself enough to put myself through the torture of playing this already ridiculously boring game with a ridiculously easy and boring character, i would too.
I want to get better at melee, i like melee alot ( i do like brawl more though). But at this point, putting lots of time into the game is 100% pointless (for anything other then friendlies). I have no chance of beating people that have been playing for 2 to 3 years. I dont have a chance at beating people that've been playing for 1 year.

Its like that for Guilty Gear tourneys to (and it will be like that for brawl tourneys as well).

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Yoshi counters Meta Knight

- Yoshi's egg toss goes through tornado
- Yoshi's egg roll* either goes through or clanks w/ tornado
- Yoshi's tongue (neutral B, not grab) outprioritizes tornado
- Yoshi can chain grab metaknight at any % across a level
- Yoshi's midair jump armor protects from gimps

*side B, not his ****

spider_sense

Smash Champion
I want to get better at melee, i like melee alot ( i do like brawl more though). But at this point, putting lots of time into the game is 100% pointless (for anything other then friendlies). I have no chance of beating people that have been playing for 2 to 3 years. I dont have a chance at beating people that've been playing for 1 year.

Its like that for Guilty Gear tourneys to (and it will be like that for brawl tourneys as well).
Stop being so negative Afro! Under the right supervision and from the right people, it can take you at least 2-3 months to get really good at melee, but you'd have to play good people. Hell..dude, I'll train you. Make you a beast in Brawl AND Melee. :laugh:

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
Afro with that mindset how would anyone get better at a game/sport that others have been playing years longer than them???

You shouldn't self defeat yourself!!!

Now if your reason is because there is no point in training to get better at a game that is pretty much dead (competitively), then I'd understand!!!

:)

:colorful:

Top Bottom