• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6-4 Matchup 27: - November 30th, 2013 - Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
you guys should just have a digimon rumble arena 2 side event, then there would be more interest from hamilton. hamilton has canadas best palmon and patamon.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
LoL yeah the infinites are so broken.
Too bad they don't work on puff, peach, or marth D:
Handoff kills all three given ample space.

Given that vs Marth your grab's lead in is probably off a tech chase created by hitting a d-smash or similar (unless the Marth sucks) or the result of some gay thing you did to pressure him when he was holding the edge, I think a death grab is reasonable. Marth is relatively weak on the led ge. I'd say with maybe 2 good decisions with your throw after like 20-30%, it is reasonable to death grab Marth. The fact that he's so easy to edgeguard helps too.

Peach is lame. Puff is also lame, but her ****ty techs makes fair decent.

Gonna be here. Let's see how I can do.

HammerTime

Smash Journeyman
Handoff kills all three given ample space.

Given that vs Marth your grab's lead in is probably off a tech chase created by hitting a d-smash or similar (unless the Marth sucks) or the result of some gay thing you did to pressure him when he was holding the edge, I think a death grab is reasonable. Marth is relatively weak on the led ge. I'd say with maybe 2 good decisions with your throw after like 20-30%, it is reasonable to death grab Marth. The fact that he's so easy to edgeguard helps too.

Peach is lame. Puff is also lame, but her ****ty techs makes fair decent.

Gonna be here. Let's see how I can do.

Holy crap this post was from such a long time ago. My opinions vs marth and puff have completely changed since then. Peach is still gay though

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
You exert no threat vs Peach (with any char, not just ICs) so she gets free reign to turnip up and establish her perfect float stance and thus you give her free stage control. All the time. Of course she's gay. I'd find Falco gay if I just let him shoot lasers to get stage contr-- oh wait, god damn it.

Windrose

Smash Lord
what if IC player holds down when getting down smashed and release at right time so he gets sent in same direction as nana, reducing the amount of separation caused by peach downsmash?

dbattleground

Smash Rookie
Dbattleground.com is the newest place for leagues and players to post and find tournaments in their area. We feature multiple calendars arranged by state making it ALOT easier to find tournaments relevant to you. Plus, we help promote through our FB Fan page and Twitter account.

I invite you to visit our page and check us out so that YOU CAN SEE YOUR UPCOMING EVENT THAT RECENTLY POSTED TO OUR CALENDAR.

D

Deleted member

Will there be any brawl for cash or just melee? I play a mean game of ganon and would love to play you guys in brawl lol. And yes I am serious, I main ganondorf.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
There are brawl tournaments dude. And you just missed pretty much the only mixed tournent that will happen this year, today. Look for the GTA brawl thread/smash in downtown thread for brawl.

D

Deleted member

I couldn't find it ): could you kindly link me there?

And 100% this tourney is happening on Start Date: June 22nd, 2013 12:00 pm?

I've never attended a tournament before, forgive me. I just don't want to take a 2 hour bus ride and then the tourney not even be there

idea

Smash Master
Unless it gets changed (which would be posted in here), yes, June 22. BUT this tournament is only Melee. And occasionally Project M. But never Brawl :p

unknown522

Some guy
it's first come-first serve for the free parking in front of the venue, but it almost never fills up (if someone decides to block the entrance, then just ask them to move). If it is actually full, there is $6 parking behind the venue

ManoxMano

Smash Journeyman
makes sense but i went to an A+C smashfest once and the venue fee was 5$ or a can of soup or something, so it changes up on tourny days?

Top Bottom