• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6-4 Matchup 27: - November 30th, 2013 - Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Cyan_

Smash Lord
you need to come to tournies more. i see potential in you young one :p

inb4 someone mentions my attendance
sadly, i cant make this one too :(

but thanks. you're still at Guelph for school right? thats kinda near Waterloo so maybe we can play sometime

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
i'll come to one. eventually.

in the near future.

just watch lol

oh ya cyan i'm still at guelph but i rarely go to 'loo anymore cuz after josh got inactive, the others rarely post on their 'loo boards and don't keep in touch with me so i haven't played them (aside from impulse) in forever

HammerTime

Smash Journeyman
I've been thinking about dropping my Luigi completely (since pretty much all of his matchups are worse than ICs and therefore I have no use for him any more) and instead pick up a new secondary character.

Any suggestions from the people who have an idea of what my play style is like?

Hatcrab Zombie

Smash Cadet
A little irrelevant since I was playing sheik but most of my thoughts while playing you were similar to "Oh f*** no he grabbed me again"

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I've been thinking about dropping my Luigi completely (since pretty much all of his matchups are worse than ICs and therefore I have no use for him any more) and instead pick up a new secondary character.

Any suggestions from the people who have an idea of what my play style is like?
It's kind of a rite of passage for an ICs to learn a fake Sheik secondary and then drop her to continue developing their ICs to a higher level so consider Mewtwo. Mewtwo likes to wavedash, ICs like to wavedash, should be a perfect fit.

HammerTime

Smash Journeyman
It's kind of a rite of passage for an ICs to learn a fake Sheik secondary and then drop her to continue developing their ICs to a higher level so consider Mewtwo. Mewtwo likes to wavedash, ICs like to wavedash, should be a perfect fit.
I was thinking someone a little more viable then Mewtwo, hence why I'm dropping Luigi lol. Sheik sounds like a good idea though

unknown522

Some guy
Sheik. Definitely.

If you want to learn a spacie, then that's good.

Jiggs, if you don't like being combo'd and like to end stocks quickly sometimes (somewhat recommend). She'll probably be frustrating to play

Marth, if you like walling people (I don't really recommend him for you).

:phone:

_eternal

Smash Apprentice
Oh yeah, Sheik covers Peach and Marth so that might work. Also, when I was playing Hatcrab and Guru I remember thinking that Sheik is kinda like ICs so it's good to hear that they're similar and I wasn't just imagining things. I guess they have the same kind of ground movement and emphasis on killing with grabs.

G U R U

Smash Lord
It was great seeing everyone again. Gonna try my best to come for the next few months before the Canadian arctic season kicks in and I don't want to go anywhere for anything lol.

I believe this picture is appropriate.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Oh yeah, Sheik covers Peach and Marth so that might work. Also, when I was playing Hatcrab and Guru I remember thinking that Sheik is kinda like ICs so it's good to hear that they're similar and I wasn't just imagining things. I guess they have the same kind of ground movement and emphasis on killing with grabs.
Honestly, you're picking up Sheik for Peach and perhaps some random low & mid tiers (the ones that do decently vs ICs) if you don't know the matchup. Going Sheik vs Marth is a waste if your ICs is good because almost every Marth sucks at that matchup.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
My dad wants to have a garage sale this day. I'll probably leave once everything is set up but with how long the bus takes I hope I can make it in time

:phone:

Cyan_

Smash Lord
might make it to this

i would go back from waterloo to visit my parents only to leave to play videogames. def worth it tho

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
TO BE HONEST

Attendance lists in events where nobody pre-registers have kind of been incredibly unreliable in the past

I will be taking MMs with my Mario at this

1-3 bux. Amount MMed determines how many games each person has to win. 1 dollar = first to 1. 2 dollars = first to 2. Etc.

CanaDair

Smash Rookie
Kirbykaze i really look forward to seeing you play in this tournament, and since you have been to all the other monthlies, may i ask, how many people should we expect to be competing in the brackets, both profession and amateur, and on another note, what qualifies someone to participate in the amateur bracket?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Looks like I'm making money by screwing around with handymen. Is it Wednesday already?

CanaDair the only requirement for qualifying for amateur bracket is that you're totally unranked within the region (or your region, if you're coming in from OOC). You can also enter if you missed the cut-off into the pro-bracket from pools. Amateur bracket usually has between 8 and 16 entrants.

Top Bottom