• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6/27/09 A Fused Brawl!!! -Port St. Lucie, FL presented by Fusion Gaming

Smash_Brothah

Smash Cadet
yeah, i cried as i was leaving cuz i was pissed/upset at the situation..

i only ever get upset to the point of crying when i feel helpless, and have been treated unfairly. Its a family issue i had growing up with mean older brothers.
thats cool dude we all can get like that sometimes i know wat it's like my bros (NOT SMASH BROS they don't get it they think it's just some "stupid ***'" game) are jerks too...

All thats important is that you guys had fun i'm glad you guys came, it was cool to play with some hardcore dudes to teach us some stuff for once ill let some people know about the rules you guys use mebee next time they'll do it the way you guys say

glad you guys had fun i hope you guys come back!!!!:bee:

Smash_Brothah

Smash Cadet
Double Elimination According to WIKIPEDIA:

The championship finals of a double elimination tournament is usually set up to be a possible two games. The rationale is that since the tournament is indeed double elimination, it is unfair to have the Winners' Bracket champion eliminated with its first loss. Therefore, while the Winners' Bracket champion needs to beat the Losers' Bracket champion only once to win the tournament, the Losers' Bracket champion must beat the Winners' Bracket champion twice.

I just dont want you guys thinking WE'RE the weird ones, when we've all been going to competitions that are double elimination for literally 5-10 years, and this is just how things are ran.
i dunno about wikipedia its pretty well known they have a bias against the smash community...

i've been playing in a lot of different states before i moved here from tuscon arizona all the way to tacoma, philly, LA and they never played it that way before.

but like i said it could be just a regional thing like those card games in ff8 (sweet game btw)

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
doubtful, seeing as most of us have gone to national tournies, tournies where people from all over the country and canada have attended, using the rules we have been discussing.

some odd 300 people show each time, usually more..

oh and guess what

Metaknight is allowed, and everyone has fun.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
okay i think i get what you guys are sayin you have to lose 2 sets of matches at the end of the finals to lose so thats like 6 wins overall?
In a way, yes. The player from Winners has to be beaten in two sets, while Losers only needs to be beaten in one, since he already lost a set prior to grand finals.

I've never heard of that rule really everyone around here (i've played with my friends we have some tournys around here) maybe it's just a regional thing, since you guys are used too different rules.
It's not just a regional thing. Any PROPER Double Elimination tourny is run the way we are explaining it.

that makes sense i guess but the first guy lost pretty badly anyway so I don't think it would have made much of a difference. It's just a game so it's all cool guys :)
You know very little. Shut up and actually take a day to go through the forums. Maybe you'll learn something.

:093:

Smash_Brothah

Smash Cadet
In a way, yes. The player from Winners has to be beaten in two sets, while Losers only needs to be beaten in one, since he already lost a set prior to grand finals.

It's not just a regional thing. Any PROPER Double Elimination tourny is run the way we are explaining it.

You know very little. Shut up and actually take a day to go through the forums. Maybe you'll learn something.

im not defending these guys it just seems like some guys didnt TRY to have fun and most of them spent the whole time complaing

and you don't need to be mean, just cause we disagree doesn't mean we have to get hostile about it

(how do you post in purple like that btw?_)

also some of the guys there were bein pretty disrepectful to some of the staff i'm not sure how their used to talking to people at some of the tournies but they would have made my mom blush :embarrass

nevershootme

Smash Master
if I did come to this tourney and went and face this problem...

I'd rather sit outside this venue and watch paint dry while being smacked in the head with a frying pan

edit: points to DC's post on sitting outside having rock paper scissors tournament, that's watching paint dry on the floor

Smash_Brothah

Smash Cadet
i'm just trying to say that a tourny is what you make of it and if you come in with a bad attitude ("battitude lol ) like some guys then of course you wont have a good time...

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
They didn't come in with a bad attitude, it happened because the tournament was bad...thus causing the bad attitude. Don't make it act like it is their fault...

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Just to clear up some things...

We did not have fun.

We did not enjoy ourselves.

We will not come back.
i have to agree (times 5)...smashing is fun...when there is no money on the line then it becomes competition like the above stated...u dont put money on the line to lose...once...really sorry david that happened, u got jewed horribly. good thing afro got ur back man...

to the TO:
ur hand sanitizer was awesome...everything else :\ well all i could say is if u want to introduce urself to the smash community as a GOOD TO then pls follow correct rules and FOLLOW THEM to broaden the current smashing community into the competitive scene...we like our monies thank u very much o.o

@Johners. Beginners
practice makes perfect. know as much or more than your opponent or u will lose. being predictible is actually a bad thing. got grabbed? good u deserve it if u LET URSELF get grabbed. seriously major lol's xD

tourney rating out of the possible 100 pts------0 pts...cuase? no friendlies means no fun matches no fun matches equals you get my point...

Smash_Brothah

Smash Cadet
i was there dude, everyone was having a good time lots of smiling everyone hanging out talkin and stuff and then these guys showed up and it was a total buzzkill cause they kept goin on about gross websites and carrying on and stuff all my friends and me just came to have a good time and maybe win some money. i think you guys are making too big a deal of it not everyone plays like its the olympics (but i wouldnt be good enough for a smash olympics anyway). ::chuckle::

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i goto tournies for friendlies, to make myself better, to be known : <, i wanted to play tommy g so badly but he couldnt because he didnt enter singles...friendlies are what makes this game fun...if there were no friendlies...we all be punching tvs and smashing controllers : < this game is way too serious...LOL xD but of course not as serious as serious cat o.o

edit: im only disturbed at david's loss...if he wasnt jewed out id say the tourney was...adequate :\...still all about friendlies son!!

Smash_Brothah

Smash Cadet
i goto tournies for friendlies, to make myself better, to be known : <, i wanted to play tommy g so badly but he couldnt because he didnt enter singles...friendlies are what makes this game fun...if there were no friendlies...we all be punching tvs and smashing controllers : < this game is way too serious...LOL xD but of course not as serious as serious cat o.o

edit: im only disturbed at david's loss...if he wasnt jewed out id say the tourney was...adequate :\...still all about friendlies son!!

i thought some of those guys there were gonna punch a tv or somethin from the looks of it! calm down fellas its jjust a game!!

edit2: jewed thats not cool (more racism??):(

DFEAR

Smash Hero
more like gambling xD...money match 100$ any takers? if i lose ill shoot u lol xD

@the jewed thing...sorry natural habit i blame my actual jewish friend for influencing this.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
The fact that friendlies were not allowed in this tourny makes it horribad. Combine that with the terrible TO and you got a very bad tourny. You prolly had fun at the tourny, but players that actually are good and wanted to get better didn't.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
The fact that friendlies were not allowed in this tourny makes it horribad. Combine that with the terrible TO and you got a very bad tourny. You prolly had fun at the tourny, but players that actually are good and wanted to get better didn't.

amen...i did learn alot from playing afro, i always do whether its at nexus or random *** friendlies(yea we snuck it in so what xD) he taught me alot without realising it (in tourney set)...get at me next time afro ill show u some moves ull be like AWWWWWEEEE'n about o.o

BTW POST RESULTS WITH BRACKETS...JUSTIN riddle)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! man i betted on u to place 1st!!! WHOS GONNA PAY FOR MY BET NOW ARGH!!!

Smash_Brothah

Smash Cadet

well i guess its cause they wanted to keep the confusion down they didn't want people who wrent competing to get mixed up with who was losing and i think there were plenty of good players at the tourny i think some guys came in the with a superioritty comples like they were too good to be there or somethin it was kinda off puttin to have to play with guys who thought they were doing you a favor by playin you or something,. there was one guy there who kept yelling at people during the matches... def distracting not cool... also i expected more of the guys who came to be older... it seemed like a lot of little kids came to play and got pretty cranky. also i'm pretty good, don't make it seem like you guys were so much better...

nevershootme

Smash Master
if you wish to see a real tourney host do stuff right, come to either Afro's or FIU Yasumicon (Anime con) within the 2 week range.

you guys do need to fix the mistakes, that's what communities are for, you need to ask what's needed to be done right.

Smash_Brothah

Smash Cadet
if you wish to see a real tourney host do stuff right, come to either Afro's or FIU Yasumicon (Anime con) within the 2 week range.

you guys do need to fix the mistakes, that's what communities are for, you need to ask what's needed to be done right.
your right I think next time they should try doing age brackests to weed out the little ones :p

DFEAR

Smash Hero
your right I think next time they should try doing age brackests to weed out the little ones :p
um...no...whos to say a 14yr old cant beat a 21yr old? ive seen it done and it has been done...fair o.o look at esam when he started melee...way too pro taking that **** from when he was a caterpie!

Smash_Brothah

Smash Cadet
um...no...whos to say a 14yr old cant beat a 21yr old? ive seen it done and it has been done...fair o.o look at esam when he started melee...way too pro taking that **** from when he was a caterpie!
i dunno i don't think you can be that good... your body changes as you get older... you get smarter your reflexes get better,you can stayy out later so you don't have to worry about you parents (or dumb bros!) i just dont think anyone can say a 14 yer old can stack up gainst 21 year olds... its just not physically possible... its proven by science, just check any text book... i'm not saying their not good, its just that they can't stand up to the big boys... :laugh: they should have seperate leagues like the NBA and the WNBA no one is saying the ladies arent great they are all awesome (better than me at basketball for sure lol!) but it should be seperate and equal....

DFEAR

Smash Hero
>_> im sorry but esam at age 13 was kicking *** AND chewing bubble gum against TOP fl melee players...if he can do it so can others im sorry : <

Snowflaco

Smash Cadet
Keep the thread Alive ... :) Fusion Gaming and the rest of the people here tonight have been laughing at you all for hours .... lol if you want to play friendlys go home and play ..... KEEP POSTING FELLAS :)

Smash_Brothah

Smash Cadet
Keep the thread Alive ... :) Fusion Gaming and the rest of the people here tonight have been laughing at you all for hours .... lol if you want to play friendlys go home and play ..... KEEP POSTING FELLAS :)
hey man you dunt need to troll... we're all smash bros here :)

Top Bottom