• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6/23/2007 - GIGABITS - Let's all Smash Together

Pritch

Smash Lord
Pritch, where the F were you!
We always get the kid with the glasses who gets in the way and doesn't even play smash, but no Pritch? Insta-fail :(

And Melbourne is about an hour south of Orlando! Where are you guys staying?
I'm in panama city now, not jacksonville. Mapquest that drive :(.

Actually, I was planning on being there anyways, using a trip to jacksonville to visit some people as a convenient excuse. Unfortunately, what was supposed to be a fairly minor brake pad replacement on my car kept getting unfortunate complications (only one of which actually had to do with the car :dizzy:), thus, I sat on my a$$ all weekend instead of getting valuable practice for FC.

H@wK

Smash Ace
San Juan P.R. PKMN D/P FC - 4940 2077 9502
Pritch, where the F were you!
We always get the kid with the glasses who gets in the way and doesn't even play smash, but no Pritch? Insta-fail :(

And Melbourne is about an hour south of Orlando! Where are you guys staying?
I'm staying in Waterford East, and my friends are close to were Gigabits took place. But they are going back to PR this Thursday, and I'm going back on July 2.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
All this hatin' on my partner, what the hell. Hungry Box, you have to not get grabbed. Which is stupid advice, but basically a grab = death with Dark Sonic. And most Marths in general. If you get grabbed, DI as far away as possible if you're in the upper percents. At lower percents I usually take a tipper to the face if I try DIing away :(. Mute City is always a good counterpick, but other than that I don't really know what to tell you. I hate playing Marth too.

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
O.0 my 13th place is so underserved (easy bracket) I see a whole bunch of people better than me below.

Namely vericz who dominated me in a MM.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
Dark Sonic can hold it down, team match against you guys was good. Heart was racing the whole time.
Although he ignored my request of playing a set with him twice. :(

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
learn to duck under grabs and rest. it will give you a lot more space and the marth will back off unless he likes getting rested. also approach with ffnair. it does wonders. nair is one of jiggz best moves. don't believe me? watch some recent vids of king ****** shu's sheik with nair.

TedBoosley

Smash Ace
****ing Dark Sonic is pissing me off........versing him again for the 4th time....

the fact that jiggs just can't beat a marth of the same level just aggravates me.

Dude, suck it up. Zoro is a much better player than you, and he's been matched up against me four times also, between Gigabits and INet. HE HAS NEVER WON, and yet he does not come onto the boards and John like a moron. Hell, it's your second post, and you're already getting flamed for saying dumb ****, so maybe you should rethink your attitude toward smash tournaments.

And as a player of both Jigglypuff AND Marth, here's my insight on this matchup: At my first tournament (Second to last Gigs of 06'), I played only Jigglypuff. I did pretty good, considering it was my first tournament, but then Dark Falchion ***** my face off in the third round. I thought: 'man, Jigglypuff has a few REALLY bad matchups.' So what did I do? Did I come on the board and whine like a little girl? No. I picked up another, higher tier character that picks up some of Jigglypuff's weaknesses as a secondary main; Marth.

So, rather than come here and talk **** to a player so god**** nice he would have given me a free POUND2 singles pass had I went, adapt and get better, don't cry that it's too hard.

Same goes to you, Mooney.

P.S. Zoro *****

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
Dude, suck it up. Zoro is a much better player than you, and he's been matched up against me four times also, between Gigabits and INet. HE HAS NEVER WON, and yet he does not come onto the boards and John like a moron. Hell, it's your second post, and you're already getting flamed for saying dumb ****, so maybe you should rethink your attitude toward smash tournaments.

And as a player of both Jigglypuff AND Marth, here's my insight on this matchup: At my first tournament (Second to last Gigs of 06'), I played only Jigglypuff. I did pretty good, considering it was my first tournament, but then Dark Falchion ***** my face off in the third round. I thought: 'man, Jigglypuff has a few REALLY bad matchups.' So what did I do? Did I come on the board and whine like a little girl? No. I picked up another, higher tier character that picks up some of Jigglypuff's weaknesses as a secondary main; Marth.

So, rather than come here and talk **** to a player so god**** nice he would have given me a free POUND2 singles pass had I went, adapt and get better, don't cry that it's too hard.

P.S. Zoro *****

****! Don't make Ted mad or he'll go crazy on your arse :lick:

Raistlin

Smash Lord
no

dark sonic can go **** himself.

idc what anyone says i will say it to him personaly.

i hate his gutz >:O

fo rizzo on dat hizzo shizzo u dizzo?
What'd he ever do, **** you in Smash? Plenty of people have done that to me, I don't hold against them. Kind of stupid to hate someone for being better than you.

Keep in mind he was willing to let you have his extra singles pass for Pound 2. But if you want to go on being a prick, whatever.

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
Man, I still wish I could have gotten some matches in with that Ness from PR. Coulda traded strats or something :/
Hehe, you should have asked, I don't bite :p

As H@wk said, Aeon and I are going back to PR on Thursday.
I didn't do bad, which I thought I was going to do so, being my first tournament outside of PR, then again, I did ok or good.

Zoro

Smash Champion

P.S. Zoro *****
Tru
I only lose because of my own inability to play jiggs/marth. Dont hate on someone cuz they beat you bad in smash(stolen!!!).

vericz

Smash Champion
O.0 my 13th place is so underserved (easy bracket) I see a whole bunch of people better than me below.

Namely vericz who dominated me in a MM.
Good job on the placing, I would have done better I was just off my game during the tournament.

And about losing and hating someone, it's ********. The fact that you lose to them should make you want to play them more and improve your game, complaining about a loss and not fixing does nothing. Using Zoro as an example again, he decided to play Ray more so he can get better at playing vs jiggs, that shows he wants to get better.

STEP UP YOUR GAME!!

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
no

dark sonic can go **** himself.

idc what anyone says i will say it to him personaly.

i hate his gutz >:O

fo rizzo on dat hizzo shizzo u dizzo?
You can't hate Dark Sonic, that guys too cool/humble. He barely talks.....

And thans to xYz :).

Raistlin

Smash Lord
You're an idiot. Money Match at the next Gigabits, b****. I'll take you down with my little pink fluff ball to defend my friend.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Man, all this hate on Dark Sonic is ridiculous. DS is an awesome guy and just because he beats you, you shouldn't get all upset. He's in my crew, and whenever he beats me, I don't get mad at him, I get mad at Marth... so don't hate the player, hate the character... or something.

And I second Raistlin's idea... I'll money match you w/ Zelda or something (who, by the way, is in Brawl, which is the best news I've heard in months)

Top Bottom