• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6/21/2008 GIGABITS - Bawling for a Brawling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Hungrybox, we really need people to register before gigs, that's why were offering a free FAST1 tshirt to anyone who does.

If you wait till after gigs, not only will you not get the tshirt, you wont get my love. :(
This should be enough reason for anyone. I knew it was a good idea to register.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
About the clubs thing Zoro said...

I have a boyfriend and I still go to clubs and drink and dance...
then again, I go with my gay friend, and we dance with each other.
So I guess it's different that I'm grinding up on him? Since he's a raging homosexual?
Besides, all my guy friends agree that he's gorgeous anyways, so it's more like humping a flat chested girl.
I only dance with girls or gay men. I only go to gay clubs. Straight clubs suck. True story.

Gindler

Smash Champion
I wouldnt know
and i live in orlando

I never understood the purpose of clubs
I had this convo with someone who goes to clubs alot

"....like....wheres the smash?
or even call of duty or halo or something?..What do u do there?"

random clubbah
"we dance and drink and stuff"

Me
"I can do that in my house for free"
i dont drink or dance anyway

rC
"but can you do it with other people?"

Me
"Yes"

RC
"What about the music , u dont have a dj."

Me
"I got Itunes and a very good surround system, plus ive never heard of a club that played metal"

RC
"there are alot of hot chicks / guys there"

Me

"but..i have a gf...."

RC
"well what if u didnt!?"

Me
"I dont think i would wanna go out with a girl that gets humped by 3000 other guys and i doubt shed change her lifestyle for me, so what benefit would hooking up there actually bring me"

RC
"your a ****in nerd"

Me
"ok"

Not saying clubs are gay cuz im sure they are fun or whatever but i personally dont understand the big deal. lol
Wow, you make drinking and clubbing seem like a waster of many and not really fun or worth the time. Glad to see that we're on the same page.

Kudos to those of you that make it fun, I'm just not a big fan of dimly lit (makes everyone look better) loud places where you can't hear yourself think let alone the people talking that you might wanna "hook up" with, and yeah grinding isn't exactly the funnest thing in the world or at least not when I don't know the person. and no alcoholic drink in the history of the world can beat out a cherry coke. Must be one of those lifestyles that I just can't comprehend *shrugs*

and as far as fast goes...I'll register if my stupid student load ever comes in, otherwise I'll have to use that money for stuff like...food :ohwell:

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
-siiiigh- why are so many of you such depressing idiots?

and speaking of Sam ginger, ooooooooooh gettin my pants REAAAAAL tight

nohomo

Zoro

Smash Champion
About the clubs thing Zoro said...

I have a boyfriend and I still go to clubs and drink and dance...
then again, I go with my gay friend, and we dance with each other.
So I guess it's different that I'm grinding up on him? Since he's a raging homosexual?
Besides, all my guy friends agree that he's gorgeous anyways, so it's more like humping a flat chested girl.
I only dance with girls or gay men. I only go to gay clubs. Straight clubs suck. True story.
Thats cool for you then

I dont want to mess with raging homos so i dont wanna go to a gay club.

And like i said its personal opinions

My gf marin would love to go to a club to dance and **** cuz thats what she does, shes way too outgoing.I insult her for being that way lol, We arnt compatible at all. Im just the type of person that likes doing things with friends i actually know. Doing something i actually like to do.

Alot of people call me boring :ohwell:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
im not really a clubs person, but I did go to pleasure island once with my friends and that was fun as hell. I dont think i'd have that much fun going alone

so, about the tourney saturday

cant wait. i played like hot garbage all day yesterday (hrnut is my witness), but thats good cause i think its all out of my system now.

PEOPLE BRING SETUPS. LETS TRY TO FINISH THIS GIGS IN A SOMEWHAT REASONABLE TIME

Ill probably bring 2 TVs and 1 Wii myself (one of the tvs is alittle small, but its fine for singles). Ill probably coerce hrnut to bring a tv and/or a wii too

oh, and the rest of GSM better show up to this tourney, unlike lan odyssey (im looking at you raef, pink, abscent, polmex)

Marin.

Smash Journeyman
Thats cool for you then

My gf marin would love to go to a club to dance and **** cuz thats what she does, shes way too outgoing.I insult her for being that way lol, We arnt compatible at all. Im just the type of person that likes doing things with friends i actually know. Doing something i actually like to do.

lol OD Zoro you make sounds like dying to go, when its really not that way at all.
i would really much prefer a smash fest or a hang out day with Wato any day.

FACT: Smash > Clubs

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
um, my girl loves going to the club. she's jamaican, so they learn to dance at like age 3. And yes we bump and grind, as we're both center4ed in the hip hop community, btw, we dont drink or smoke or anything when we're there so that isnt a factor. We just dance. and its fun.

to zoro: you said you can just do that stuff at home? i think thats kind of a dumb thing to say. You can go and watch a movie at your house and make your own popcorn, but people still go to the movies. Its all the extra things you get out of it, just not the movies. And although you can have a big screen and good surround sound it wont compare to a movie theatre. Just like your music and surround sound wont compare to a club. And, you cant recreate the atmosphere of a club in your house, well you can i guess, but its not that easy.

-hiro

Finch

Smash Lord
Why are there people that don't drink? This always confuses me. I've had wine every sunday since first grade. I love Catholicism. Also drinking and hooking up is fun I'm just not big on dancing so I go to parties instead.

Marin.

Smash Journeyman
to zoro: you said you can just do that stuff at home? i think thats kind of a dumb thing to say. You can go and watch a movie at your house and make your own popcorn, but people still go to the movies. Its all the extra things you get out of it, just not the movies. And although you can have a big screen and good surround sound it wont compare to a movie theatre. Just like your music and surround sound wont compare to a club. And, you cant recreate the atmosphere of a club in your house, well you can i guess, but its not that easy.

-hiro
Just leave him alone
remember last Sat. at dennys hiroshi:
ur "disagreeing with him" again lol

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
lol OD Zoro you make sounds like dying to go, when its really not that way at all.
i would really much prefer a smash fest or a hang out day with Wato any day.

FACT: Smash > Clubs
ANd WATO would rather hang out with you as well. and smash does beat the clubs lol. Just think about it. The excitement of a major melee tornament. :)

Thats cool for you then

Your not boring man. Apple bee's was too good man. we shall do it again! Ive been to both types of clubs due to allthe kinds of friends i have but its not for me. i dont see myself dancing. But i bet you can see Ray dancing :laugh:.

um, my girl loves going to the club. she's jamaican, so they learn to dance at like age 3. And yes we bump and grind, as we're both center4ed in the hip hop community, btw, we dont drink or smoke or anything when we're there so that isnt a factor. We just dance. and its fun.

-hiro
Toya wants me to go to the club with her oneday so i guess that will happen sooner or later. but some of those things idrather do at home myself. But i know if its with friends its soo much better. If random people come or i met them i ether dont like them right away cause of stupidity or cockyness or i just want them to burn.:laugh: like those 2 girls at Wendys that one day. *sigh*

Gindler

Smash Champion
It's bad for you?...lol. Being underage?...that's still a law? But I think the answer you're looking for isssss, because we're "boring" as some would say.

I will admit that pleasure Island can be fun at times (as someone stated earlier). The time traveling clubs (as i like to call them) are always fun. and I do have a club session cassette with some good music on it (90s club music though). So yeah they're not all bad. Just if I owned a club i'd definetly change a few things :laugh:

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
I mixed the two together... you know clubs and smash.

I heard that jim jones joint.... it was called BRAWWLLINNNNNN. at the club.... seriously.

we stay fly, no lie... we brawling.......

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I mixed the two together... you know clubs and smash.

I heard that jim jones joint.... it was called BRAWWLLINNNNNN. at the club.... seriously.

we stay fly, no lie... we brawling.......
i think i just threw up in my mouth alittle

Gingerr

Smash Lord
It's just a to each their own situation.
As much as I love hanging out and playing video games all day with the bf and co. I also enjoy going to shows, and going out to movies, and going to clubs and partying and drinking and stuff.

Doing those things reminds me that I'm a normal person with normal interests, not just "hay guise lets play sum vidya gamezzz"

Ryan doesn't drink or smoke, I do both, he doesn't like going to clubs and dancing, I do, I guess that that counts as "incompatable", then we're as doomed as it gets, but it makes splitting up my groups of friends and interests that much easier. My gay friend doesn't wanna sit around and play smash, and my boyfriend doesn't wanna go drink at a club, different days, different adventures.

p.s. Marin let's go to a club together lol

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Speaking of Ryans.

Anyone who's name is Ryan, Louis, Will, or Mike should register for FAST1 today!

:( please <3

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
Speaking of Ryans.

Anyone who's name is Ryan, Louis, Will, or Mike should register for FAST1 today!

:( please <3
i'll have to wait a lil longer till i know forsure i can get those days off.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
(Colin on Rx's account)

I could maybe house you...

Would it be for Friday or Saturday or Sunday or what?

Zoro

Smash Champion

-hiro
I go to the movies because the screen is huge and the sound is better
Same situation tho, if i had a big *** screen and the movie was immediately sent to my house on opening day, hell yeah id do it at home.
i could easily recreate the atmosphere of a club in my house.
turn the lights off, blast the music, turn on a little flashing light(forgot what its called)
In fact i can do a one up on that one and allow sex.Instead of pseudo sex ( aka grindin), yeah you can compare the movies to a club but its still irrelevant because i dont like hiphop, or rock, or indie, or electronica or any type of music that they would have to offer.

To finch-
It tastes nasty
not naaaastee.....just nasty
Ive been to alot of social gatherings with alcohol and weed and not once have i even thought about trying it. Im not afraid, and im not straightedge or anything. I just dont understand the purpose, and im the type of person that doesnt do anything unless it benefits me or has a logical purpose. Id rather have some mountain dew or chocolate milk or something. i uno man.

I love how smash talk turns into club drinking talk lol.

KMAY

Smash Apprentice
I am going, and it is going to be my first tournament! well in person anyways, time to put all my Wifi playing skills, and see how bad they translate to person lol

Gindler

Smash Champion
Doing those things reminds me that I'm a normal person with normal interests, not just "hay guise lets play sum vidya gamezzz"
That stung, I enjoy playing video games but they take up make 5% or my life max. Oh wellz, guess that's the consequence for being "straight edge" (gah I HATE that term :laugh:)

Does a guy going to a club with a lesbian friend have the same effect as a girl going to the club with a gay friend?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
yea i talk about my c0ck. not my fault you have no c0ck
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn puberty is a *****

man this thread turned weird in a hurry

dont feel bad zoro. alcohol is an acquired taste, meaning you have to go through months of it tasting bad before it actually tasts decent enough that you dont have to be hogtied just to drink. Never smoked anything before, so cant comment on that one. I mean, im already black on the outside, i dont wanna be black on the inside too

on a related note, anyone tried that samuel adams summer ale? that stuff is delicious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom