• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6/21/2008 GIGABITS - Bawling for a Brawling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finch

Smash Lord
Man I wanna change my avatar, but it wouldn't feel right since I've had this one since I made this account!!!

:colorful:
lol you don't even know who that is. Just change it so it's not so lame. You use :colorful: in every post so it's not like we won't know who you are.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
yea im pretty sure ill be there for doubles with skrach

sheer is also going, i think hes teaming with colin

EDIT: hey Rx can u do me the favor of bringing your screwdriver for the GC controllers I need to fix my controller... Thanks bahdy.

Zoro

Smash Champion
well thats not really true

your mom is just really logical and understanding

alot of parents dont care what you say its always gonna be no.

like mine

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Hey Rx-, I wanna borrow your screwdriver, too. I've taken apart mine and my doubles partners controller for painting and I can only get the screws so tight (since I'm not using the correct screwdriver, like a baller), so if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to just tighten up the screws on both controllers :)

Zoro

Smash Champion
Triwing screwdrivers are frikin hard to find

I havnt see any at any hardware store
I tried to use a regular philips but the smallest possible size, It kinda works but strips the screws super easily.

I bought 2 from china one i needed in a hurry so i bought it for 10 dollars like a dumass and it never showed up. The other one i shipped it free mail so it only cost me 99 cents but i got it a month later.

That was when i attempted to mod my wii which failed btw. I ended up spending 50 on a modchip 17 on screwdrivers , 20 on a soldering iron and 5 on solder and when i modded it, I did a horrible job and broke a ribbon cable. I called a repair shop and it took a month for them to get it back to me and all they did was switch out the harddrive with a new one and that cost me 140. Which is pretty good because it costs 140 just to buy a new harddrive and a mod chip costs like 50 so they gave me the mod chip for free basically.This is all without counting the amount for shipping the wii.
So i didnt even use the mod chip i bought in the first place.

What a waste of money lol but thats what i get for thinking i can do everything myself.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
?_? I certainly didn't have trouble like that with my controller. It's hard to get the screws un done with the screwdriver I used, but they aren't stripped (thank god), I'd just like to use the right screwdriver for tightening them more, because I have absolutely no upper body strength and I want things to be easy for once >.>

Gingerr

Smash Lord
?_? oh no ?_?
I WILL BE THERE THIS TIME.
I AM TAKING TEAMS.
I guess my partner is going to help with that, too.
j/k I'm not good

Gingerr

Smash Lord
It's a good idea, so you don't get paint on all of the buttons and stuff, it's just easier if you take them apart, it makes clean up a lot easier.

I wouldn't suggest just anyone go ahead and grab some random paint and paint your controller. I have a ton of experience with painting resin models, other models, and just painting in general >.> That's the only reason I'm any sort of confident about painting mine, or my friends.

Zoro

Smash Champion
?_? I certainly didn't have trouble like that with my controller. It's hard to get the screws un done with the screwdriver I used, but they aren't stripped (thank god), I'd just like to use the right screwdriver for tightening them more, because I have absolutely no upper body strength and I want things to be easy for once >.>
the wiis screws are easier to strip for some reason because i use the normal phillips for my controller too. Also there is a specific kind of spray paint you should use gindler if u paint ur controller i dont know what it is i think its krylon, plastic?? Vericz and bluray know all about that ****.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Ah, true. I've seen a few good paintjobs (that kid with the aqua blue one) and some horrible ones (the kid that looked like he held it by the wire and dipped it into neon green paint).

Ah, spray paint would make everything faster but I don't know how I'd do it without covering up where it says nintendo gamecube guess I'll have to google or yahoo answers...like a computer geek. oh and kids, never forget to paint the plug in thingy (no idea what it's "official" name is) to match or you'll look silly.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Ah, true. I've seen a few good paintjobs (that kid with the aqua blue one) and some horrible ones (the kid that looked like he held it by the wire and dipped it into neon green paint).

Ah, spray paint would make everything faster but I don't know how I'd do it without covering up where it says nintendo gamecube guess I'll have to google or yahoo answers...like a computer geek. oh and kids, never forget to paint the plug in thingy (no idea what it's "official" name is) to match or you'll look silly.
Many, many, many, many coats of paint, especially if you're doing a light color (half of my controller is white now, and the one I'm painting now is all yellow). Like seriously, it takes so many coats of paint.

Also, I use acrylic model paint and I actually apply by brush. I've heard a lot of people be like "oh my.." about that because apparently that's not how you're "supposed" to do it, but then people see mine and they're like "Oh, that actually turned out really nicely."

For real though, I'm on coat number 4 for my friends controller, and I'm no where near done yet, I usually crank out about 2-3 coats a day, take about 3 days to finish...except I'm out of yellow paint now and I need to get some asap!

Rofl at the bolded part, btw. Of course you can't forget that! Mine is red, like the top half of my controller :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom