• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6/21/08 MELEE-FC QUEST: South Bend, IN Replacing the Ohio Circuit Event!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
sliq isn't good at brawl

if he was he'd come and get 1rst and not john about driving distances

lololololol?

also

everyone should bring extra money to MM me

KishSquared

Smash Master
Again, the reason there's a one-day notice is because that this is a replacement for a tournament that was just canceled last night -_-

Also, I'll try and get Tim to change the first post. Blue Blade is right, look for Day Rd, not Edison (Day becomes Edison).

_kSo_

Smash Master
If you guys were to change it to BRAWL, you'd have to come up with a new acronym to go for it, since MELEE stood for Misunderstood Enthusiasts Living Extraordinary Existence.

EDIT: Oh and Tim, not to confuse our out-of-towners, there is no light for Edison on Capital, it would most likely be Day Rd. that you'd want people to take a right on.
theres no reason to change it to brawl since melee>>>brawl anyway lolololololol

RDK

Smash Hero
Again, the reason there's a one-day notice is because that this is a replacement for a tournament that was just canceled last night -_-
I thought the title was changed to Melee because it was going to be a Melee tournament instead of a Brawl tournament like originally planned. v_v

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It's Brawl, pretty easy to see just by looking at the neutral stages list.

RDK

Smash Hero
one day notice arg
It's not a one-day notice. It's replacing the Ohio Enter the Fray circuit tourney that has been announce for weeks.

And Ankoku, I posted the link to the original tourney's thread in the Michigan topic. You're telling me you didn't see it? :rolleyes:

KishSquared

Smash Master
Minor directions update: For those coming from N/W/E, Day Rd does NOT dead-end into Grape. Watch for the IHOP, Logan's Roadhouse, and Borders and you'll know that you're almost there. The directions themselves are fine otherwise.

See everyone tomorrow!

Impp

Smash Ace
*sigh*, guess I'm going to Indiana today, if we don't make it on time, add Impp and Steve to the doubles bracket, I'll call in case you miss this. I'm bringing a T.V, btw, but don't own a Wii.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
*sigh*, guess I'm going to Indiana today, if we don't make it on time, add Impp and Steve to the doubles bracket, I'll call in case you miss this. I'm bringing a T.V, btw, but don't own a Wii.
I'll bring my wii, then.

Impp

Smash Ace
on my way to the gas station while filling up my tank to make the trip from cleveland ohio to this tournament i had decided to go play rockband and then go to cedar point im sorry to say i will not be attending this. FYI... i got a 90% on vocals on expert on weezer while playing guitar on medium...i am a beast :) Now off to cedar point!

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
Ok so my partner flaked on me appearantly, so ill need a teamate should i have money for both events when i get there, NOJ is once again winging it which im sure non of you are surprised. running a lil late so if u could start doubles at 12:30 or 1 that would b sweet otherwise ima just do singles, proly lose and john FOREVER
n e ways hope i make it down there c ya guys lata

RDK

Smash Hero
Ok so my partner flaked on me appearantly, so ill need a teamate should i have money for both events when i get there, NOJ is once again winging it which im sure non of you are surprised. running a lil late so if u could start doubles at 12:30 or 1 that would b sweet otherwise ima just do singles, proly lose and john FOREVER
n e ways hope i make it down there c ya guys lata
If by some miracle I make it before doubles starts, I'll team with you Juntah, but it's looking pretty grim right now. When I do get there, I have MM's up the but, and I wanted to play a few friendlies with Kish and Overswarm, and there's still singles to worry about.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm trying to work it out with the guys at work to come up for singles. There's a good chance we won't play, but we'll try to come out and watch for a few hours anyways.

If we make it, it'll be about 4pm or so.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
this tournament ended with a battle between a bowser and a robot o_o

awesome tournament ^_^

No one was easy here

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
OS did you win?

Also, what was the turnout?

results thread?

crashboards has been down most of the day, so i'm guessing thats why we haven't seen results yet.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Great tournament. I was a big fan of the stage strike system and the worksheets that made the process much quicker and easier than expected.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
*is ashamed*
kishes, I'm extremely thankful you guys went out on a limb and hosted on such short notice, this has been a really shifty past week or so for me and my family and while I can't possibly ask you guys to forgive me, I hope you'll understand that I wouldn't have cancelled unless **** really hit the fan like it did. More arose from the neighbor bull**** and if anyone must know you can ask me via pm/aim

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
GGs guys.

I'll be ready to go in the next tournament, just went through a little rough spot.... Be ready for the next one cause my game is going to be stepped up to the max. :lick:

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Anyone want to help me fill this in? I assumed mains didn't change from last tournament.

TOURNAMENT: Melee-FC Quest
LINK: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=177239
DATE: June 21, 2008
LOCALE: Midwest
ENTRANTS: ?
ENTRY: $15.00
RESULTS:
1 Overswarm (R.O.B.)
2 Kishsquared (Bowser)
3 Joshu (King DeDeDe)
4 Tink (Wario)
5 Kel (Metaknight/Fox)
5 Iggy (Metaknight)

KishSquared

Smash Master
Izmo has full results and will no doubt post them once Smashboards stabilizes itself. There were 22 singles entrants and 10 teams. Overswarm used Snake twice in the finals, not sure about anywhere else.

Fear teh Bowsar.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Awesome brawls, cant wait for the results. I seriosuly believe I got better by playing with all u guys, so looking forward to the next one.

Top Bottom