• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4th Generation (Pearl Diamond) Pokemon:Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
What's interesting to me is that Pochama (and subsequent evolutions) at this moment have the potential to completely replace my old standby Water Pokemon, Blastoise.

xzakcorex

Smash Journeyman
I actually might pick the penguin unless it becomes a Flying-type (somehow. that wouldn't make sense).
It wouldn't surprise me if he WAS part flying. Doduo, Dodrio, and Delibird all represent flightless birds yet are still Flying-type. Personaly, I think "Bird-type" would be a better description than "Flying," but then that just sounds silly. :p

Dr.ROC

Smash Apprentice
Things I want to be in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl or are confirmed already:

1.Wifi, awsome online battles with favorite teams of pokemon w/ voicechat

2.Greater sense of time Morning, daytime, afternoon, evening, and night.

3.Ability to register your own height and weight to compare yourself to pokemon.

4.New Pokemon and abilities, new twists to the storyline, including TEAM GALAXY!

5.The new pokedex or "Poke'tchi" can act as a calculator, breeding/daycare center monitor, and a type chart.

6.New cool starter pokemon as well as cool legendaries, Diaruga and Parukia!

7.Ability to catch all the pokemon on one game no more bs. *

8.Im gonna get the grass type poke'mon he is the coolest by far! *

-everything by wikipedia
*=stuff I want but hasn't been confirmed yet.............. NOW!!!! oops not yet either maybe........................Now! Oh forget it.

D

Deleted member

I hope these games can re-capture my interest in Pokémon. I liked Pokémon as a kid, but it’s begun to feel incredibly samey over the past years.

Maybe Nintendo could add a few things to appeal to older players (but not necessarily drive-bys and topless women :)). I wouldn't mind seeing more of the more powerful beasts, and less of that annoying Pikachu and co.

*sigh* I still remember my Rex, a level 100 (non-cheated) Tyranitar on Gold. Before I was a fool and got the game lost somewhere.

BTW, the starters look midly interesting. Especially the grass one:

Here's hoping he/she/it evolves into something like this:

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I just thought of an idea. Maybe there should be a place where you do both sides of a pokebattle. Kinda like playing chess by yourself. It would be like Pokemon Stadium except you could also choose the movesets and EVs. This way, if you have trouble taking out a suicune, or whatever, you could practice all you want.

Skywalker

Space Jump
http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/ said:
# They are set in a region different to Kanto, Johto & Hoenn but contains old Pokémon aswell as the new ones and is called Shinou. In which you start in Futaba Town. The Professor is called Nanakamado
Yay, a different region. It'd be nice if the player could travel back to Johto, as that is the region that has yet to be reexplored.
# You are capable of transferring your hard trained Pokémon from Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed & LeafGreen to these games after certain criterea have been met in Diamond & Pearl
I restarted Ruby and lost FireRed, so I honestly hope every Pokemon will be available in Diamond/Pearl. Despite that, I wouldn't mind having some exclusive to Diamond, and some exclusive to Pearl.
# There will be many new Pokémon including new Pre-evolutions and Evolutions of Old Pokémon. Currently 5 are known
Honestly, I'm not really looking forward to that, as non of the baby Pokemon are related to my favorites.:laugh:
# DP will use the DS's Wireless Capabilities and allow for up to 16 Players to be linked at once in a Union Room style situation
Not bad, I guess.
# There will be no new Pokémon types but new type combinations such as Steel/Fighting
Yay! I want ghost/psychic and dark/psychic to come alive!
# Day/Night Feature makes a welcome return
Nintendo made a stupid descision by not including the Day/Night feature in RS, so maybe there can be additional times like sunset, sunrise, and maybe even weather conditions!
# The Pokédex now features a weight comparison feature. The height and weight comparisons allow you to put your own height and weight in and compare with the Pokémon
Good thing that I'm not obese!:laugh:
# The Watch acts as a PokéNav called Pokétchi and has over 20 Features: Time Management, Monitoring of Pokémon in the Breeding Center, Type Chart and many more
Hmm, that sounds interesting.
# Voice Chat over Nintendo WiFi Connection
It would probably integrate the friend code system, which is both a good and bad thing.
# Linkable with Pokémon Battle Revolution
"Gotta Trade 'em All". Boo!
# The Pokémon Sprites vary between Male & Female Pokémon. Different patterns are on the different genders aswell as bigger or smaller features or even missing features. For example Wooper's Antenna is smaller on the female version as seen below
Yay! Blaziken may look even more like a badass when male!

I fell off the Pokemon bandwagon after RS, so PD may bring me back as a Pokemon fanboy.

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
I wonder if that Fire monkey will through flaming mounds of **** at his opponents. LMAO!

Anyways I hope they fix the ridiculously stupid EV and IV system so that raising pokemon to become more "competitive battle-friendly" won't be so difficult.

Dorapion and that Electabuzz evolution look pimp!:cool:

Dr.ROC

Smash Apprentice
The only thing I care about now is that they mix uo the types so that battling will be more fun and unpredictable.

Dark_Doc23

Smash Rookie
In reference to the starters the game I'd love to have a fire monkey...Hikozaru all the way for me

Dr.ROC

Smash Apprentice
Sooooooooooooooooooo anything new concerning maybe a realease date for the game in america. So far I've got nothing, anyone else?

Dr.ROC

Smash Apprentice
OMG lets get off the negative vibe about brawl not coming out for a year. Its painful to my eyes to read it. Also about D/P not coming out until forever either. Instead, lets do what this thread was made for, speculation about the games. I'll start, the grass starter is going to be the best one and have the coolest final evolution so boo-yah to all of you who are going to pic fire and water over a turtle with a tree growing outta its head. Outta its head! Thats gotta be the coolest thing ever! There is no contest between them. Out of its head!

Dark_Doc23

Smash Rookie
OMG lets get off the negative vibe about brawl not coming out for a year. Its painful to my eyes to read it. Also about D/P not coming out until forever either. Instead, lets do what this thread was made for, speculation about the games. I'll start, the grass starter is going to be the best one and have the coolest final evolution so boo-yah to all of you who are going to pic fire and water over a turtle with a tree growing outta its head. Outta its head! Thats gotta be the coolest thing ever! There is no contest between them. Out of its head!
Like i said before, Hikozaru is the one you're gonna want

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Some new news on Ru/Sa/Fr/Lg/Em trading.

First, you don't trade, you transfer. You can transfer 6 pokes a day. The Status screen shows what date you transfered the pokemon. After you transfer the pokemon, you have to go to a park and then re-catch them.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
So... Will they have the same trainer IDs? How about level? What happens if we kill it? So many questions. Edit: Final question. What the fizzle were they thinking?!:mad:

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
News on www.serebii.net, 2 new Pokémon have been spotted on a calendar. They're not 100% confirmed, but because it's official merchandise they probally will be real:

Another cat Pokémon. I think this is a totally new Pokémon since I don't see anything resembling to Meowth/Persian/Skitty/Delcatty. Probally he will have the move Bounce since he has that twisted tail(Just like Grumpig).

Now this one looks bloody familiar. Pre-evolution of Chansey, anyone?

Also, Bandai released more sets of merchandise wich probally revealed Diaruga's and Parukai's type (The 2 Pokémon on the Diamon and Pearl gameboxes). The merchandise group called Diaruga has Steel Pokémon, the merchandise group called Parukai has Water Pokémon. This isn't 100% confirmed since some merchandise groups still say that Tamanta is a Water-only type and Perappu a Flying-only type.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Don't pokemon who evolve from pre-evo's have stronger stars? (IE A Pika which came fom a Pichu instead of just a wild Pika) If so Blissy just got Buffed. :/

Lame, lame, lame to both.

Battle Fire

Smash Rookie
has anyone noticed that perrappu or that music note pokemon looks as if it is a pre-evolved form of ho-oh.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Maybe they did the transfer thing because of the clone glitch in emerald, who wants to catch the exacly same(same IV´s EV`s everything) pokémon more than one time and it will if people copy shinys only make the D/P shinys(387>) more exclusive than the 1-386

Scorchgid

Smash Cadet
but wat do you think of the extra futers on the ds the the game is going to have i think you will lbe able to move you cariter with ythe touch screeen and you willl be able to select your move via the touch screeen during a battel i have a feeling there will be 450 pokemon in total maby 452 after the specials as well

Scorchgid

Smash Cadet
i think there will be 452 pokemon in total and you will be able to move you cariter with the touch screen and be able to selected move in battel

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Well, the transfer system seems...uh...gimmicky and unnecessary. What's the point of having to capture my (amazingly cool) Blastoise with a Park Ball? I know that Park Balls have 100% capture rate, but c'mon! Blastoise will probably be hard to find in the park. Same with my Gengar, Jolteon, and Blaziken. Meh, I'll play on weekends when I have a few hours to burn.

Scorchgid

Smash Cadet
Well, the transfer system seems...uh...gimmicky and unnecessary. What's the point of having to capture my (amazingly cool) Blastoise with a Park Ball? I know that Park Balls have 100% capture rate, but c'mon! Blastoise will probably be hard to find in the park. Same with my Gengar, Jolteon, and Blaziken. Meh, I'll play on weekends when I have a few hours to burn.
what r you on about you can't catch blastoes in the sarfie park its completely unreal and i thinkyou will b able to use the bouttons i mean they have that in all games aprt from metroid prime hunters which is incredalbly hard to use

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
what r you on about you can't catch blastoes in the sarfie park its completely unreal and i thinkyou will b able to use the bouttons i mean they have that in all games aprt from metroid prime hunters which is incredalbly hard to use
I wasn't talking about the Safari Zone. If I transfer my Blastoise to D/P, it won't magically appear in my game. I'd have to catch it in some Park in the game.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Loads of news on www.serebii.net (The site is working again). 10 new Pokémon have been confirmed including a pre-evolved form of Roselia. There is some info about the 1th gymleader, there are 2 new Pokéballs, Diaruga and Pakurai their types have been confirmed and there is also some information about connectivity. If I would have some time, I would post it for you but I'm quite busy right now. So go and look at the site for yourself.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Some look stupid, but some look rather cool. And looks like Brock's finally leaving the show.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Yes, I like the new male character. And the girl doesn't look that bad either.

I agree with that some look really stupid. Korinku has weird eyes, Tatetopsu has a WAY too big head, Minomucchi looks like some kind of walking bush and Masukippa looks really weird. But some are cool; I like Mukkuru, Bippa and Zugaidosu (Yes my prayers have been heard, a dinosaur class^^)

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
When the pokemon start looking like stuff I've come up with, it's not looking very good. At least May and Max are gone. Brock sucked too. Misty was alright, I guess. Terry and Todd were bland but at least they weren't annoying.

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
Unconventional is a very awesome trait, I'm sure any pokemon that has it will have to be balanced in some way.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Bad news for you commmonyoshi. Serebii.net reports that probally only May and Max will be replaced with the new female character. Brock is staying. Nothing is known about the guy we saw earlier, but I think this will probally be a new rival (from Ash or the new female character).

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Wow those pokemon look like crap. You're right commonyoshi those look like some fan made pokemon and bad ones at that.

Stinkoman

Smash Apprentice
Fourth generation? NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I thought for sure that after the Hoenn series, Ash was going to come down with a terminal cancer(which would explain his not-aging) and the last episode would be he dies and pikachu crys so much and then shoots himself in the head. BUT NO! THEY HAVE TO HAVE MORE AND MORE POKEMON! WWWWWHHHHHYYYYYYYYY!??!?!?!!?
But seriously. Evolves into Mr. Mime? Mr. Mime was gay to begin with. What the hell kind of pokemon is a "Mr."? I thought it was called Mime Jr. though. But whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom