• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4th Generation (Pearl Diamond) Pokemon:Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathblazer

Smash Apprentice
commonyoshi said:
i never liked the pokemon contests, hope they dont take up valuable space to bring it back.
Me too. Well at least the Battle tents we're somewhat better than the contests.

Also I woudl ahve thought that this thread would be more active. Oh well.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
deathblazer said:
Me too. Well at least the Battle tents we're somewhat better than the contests.

Also I woudl ahve thought that this thread would be more active. Oh well.
sorry, there just isnt enough info. the game will probably come out by the time the tv show starts the new season. that's the way it has always been.

SuperChencho

Smash Ace
My two cents

So, does anybody know if Pearl and Diamond are compatible with all the GBA versions? The fact that can't trade between GBC and GBA Pokemon games also devastated me, but I'm glad that getting the whole collection is possible (albeit expensive) now.

I haven't even bought the GBA games... By the time the DS games come out, I'll be buying Ruby! To show you how far back I am, I recently bought Pokemon Stadium 2.

And what is the matter with Pokemon anyway? Consider how many Mario games has Nintendo released under the same pretense (rescue the princess). Sure, I want a better storyline, too, but it's the gameplay that matters, and that needs a respectable update. I hope Pokemon never dies!

By the way, the "Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon..." quote... Is that said by Lorelei or by Karen? I seriously remember Karen from G/S/C saying that stuff.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Yes the will be compatible with the GBA games and also the NGC games. And I'm also sure that it was Karen who said that ''Strong Pokémon, weak Pokémon'' but what has that to do with this topic?

SuperChencho

Smash Ace
Nothing at all. I was just pointing that out because some people were attributing that quote to Lorelei at the beginning of this thread.

~My two cents.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
commonyoshi said:
Where did you get this info? I know for a fact that there is no link cable attachment on the DS.
The official Nintendo magazine of the Benelux received that information in an interview with Satoshi. Apparently they will use the wireless connection you got with Fire Red/Leaf Green since the DS wireless connection. The exact details weren't given in that interview, but when I am at home I will search it out for you guys.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Here's what I think so far:

1: you can never have too many Pokemon

2: if you could transfer Pokemon from R/S to D/P, then breeding will be EVER so much more fun!

3: a new Pokemon game means that previously useless Pokemon (such as Sneasel) will have a chance to become finally useful, thanks to new moves, evolutions and such. This means that the metagame will be once again tweaked.

4: All non-GC Pokemon games past Gold and Silver have had infinite replay value for anyone who loves stats (that means me) so this newest game will be no exception.

5: if it's online, then it's going to be spectacular. But so far, Nintendo has only revealed that the wi-fi will be used...I just hope they'll make it online too.

6: it IS going to be spectacular. Nintendo has had a lot of chances to tweak the Pokemon formula for each game. While some people whine about how R/S weren't good, you can't deny that the battle system and metagame are just way better thanks to the natures, berries and other things that Nintendo has done to the game. Stuff the storyline, I play Pokemon simply for the training/battling aspect! I couldn't be bothered what Team Rocket wants to do to the Pokemon, I just want to beat them quickly so I can have access to the breeding cent...I mean, day care.

Things I'd like to see:

1: an evolution of Dunsparce WHOMG!!

2: with the DS's power, Nintendo could make the game much longer and involved to keep those storyline people happy.

3: customisable stuff, like being able to change your trainer's appearance or something

4: roles, like being able to start the game as a cooltrainer or a bug boy.

5: Nintendo needs to bring EV/IV values into the light and show just how complex Pokemon is to all those noobs who don't know anything about advanced play.

6: Tweak the contest system, and give contests a greater part in the game. Make 1 vs 1 contests so that contests can actually be considered a proper part of the game and not just a gimmick. That way, I can use Delcatty and say it's good. (this is most important)

7: more of those nice pathway choice evolutions like Polywrath/Politoed or Bellosom/Vileplume.

8: Some good grass types, some more good bug types, more good bug type moves, more good grass moves, more ghosts and ghost moves, more steel moves...just stuff like that.

9: online play.

10: uh...

yeah. Sadly, this is my most anticipated game at the moment. I'm really showing hardly any intrest in Zelda or even the Wii. (actually, I guess I am anticipating the Wii.)

Navajo117

Smash Rookie
Pokemon 4 Ever!

I don't care how old I get , I will never stop playing PKMN! I thought I would grow out of it when I was younger but I didn't. Pokemon is like a drug to me, once your hooked your hooked for life. :pikachu: :006: :003: :009:

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Navajo117 said:
I don't care how old I get , I will never stop playing PKMN! I thought I would grow out of it when I was younger but I didn't. Pokemon is like a drug to me, once your hooked your hooked for life. :pikachu: :006: :003: :009:
I second that notion.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
NESSBOUNDER said:
5: Nintendo needs to bring EV/IV values into the light and show just how complex Pokemon is to all those noobs who don't know anything about advanced play.
Couldn't agree more.

However, I have a feeling this gonna screw the metagame even more than the change from GSC to RSEFRLG. XD screwed it enough with Heal Bell Altaria/Articuno/Dragonite, Helping Hand Dusclops, and much more. 2v2 metagame was forever changed with HHclops + b00m T_T

SuperChencho

Smash Ace
What is EV/IV?

And online play would be the best thing ever. Gone are the days when I had to trade between my own games! You could simply use online to find people and trade with that person. And battle. Battle is important, too. You just don't see Pokemon gamers casually no more. They are too scared to come into the light of day.

And on the connection between the DS and the GBA games, I guess that would be possible with wireless, but FR/GL are the only games with that feature, so if you want a Hoenn or Ogre (Johto) Pokemon, you'll have to trade it to those GBA games first. And if they feature new Pokemon, battles between the two generations will be impossible. Remember what happened with RBY and GSC? Sure, you could trade, but you couldn't do battle if you had, for instance, a Red game and a Crystal game connected with a Link cable.

~My two cents

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
SuperChencho said:
What is EV/IV?
Effort value/Individual value. 2 of the 3 main factors in determining final stats. Google.

And I was under the impression that the wireless connection works on all versions that support GBA link cables. It's just a link cable without the cable part. I could be wrong of course...

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Kujirudo said:
The official Nintendo magazine of the Benelux received that information in an interview with Satoshi. Apparently they will use the wireless connection you got with Fire Red/Leaf Green since the DS wireless connection. The exact details weren't given in that interview, but when I am at home I will search it out for you guys.
Unfortunately, we cant use the DS wireless abilities as a substitute for that that thing that came with LG or FR. But maybe they will add it to the diamond and pearl. On a side note, there was talk about a Blue and Red Journey Pokemon game for the DS at the E3 thing. Any news on that?

SuperChencho

Smash Ace
My two cents

commonyoshi said:
On a side note, there was talk about a Blue and Red Journey Pokemon game for the DS at the E3 thing. Any news on that?

What? Then what was the whole point of re-releasing FR and GL on the GBA? Are these the exact same games as the original GameBoy games?

deathblazer

Smash Apprentice
commonyoshi said:
On a side note, there was talk about a Blue and Red Journey Pokemon game for the DS at the E3 thing. Any news on that?
You mean Mysterious Dungeon Red & Blue. Yeah it's coming to NA September 18, 2006.

Oh and D/P is coming out in Japan this fall.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/
You can see a new pokemon on this screen shot. It looks cute, I guess. And the supposedly fire starter is also there. In the water! This isn't official or anything. I dunno. Another new pokemon. Those aren't cutely drawn mantine. It's the baby form as proved by the link below.

http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/character.html
Another baby pokemon? The parrot looks cool though. By cool, I mean ugly.

http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/trailer.html
Heehee. Look at him go. Actual movie footage too.

I hope these links work. This blue guy may be the new Mew of the Diamon/ Pearl era.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
These Pokémon have already been announced. The 'red fire type' you saw in the water was Buizeru and it is a water type. The baby Pokémon is Tamanta, the baby form of Mantine and the bird is Perappu, a flying type. The other Pokémon you saw is Manafi, that is the legendary Pokémon of this game we think.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
You should all check this out Info on the new pokedex (pokemon weight comparasons), poketech (it has a clock, so guess what..... ;)) and other things (appearance diferenses between genders)

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Ahahaha. Differences between genders.:chuckle: And I'm sorry Master WGS. I didn't know it was posted before. At least I got movie footage. I dont think that has been posted yet.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
It's quite cool, the difference between male and female. And the new weight system makes it even more realistisc: You can now really imagine how heavy a Pokémon is beside it's height.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
The so called legendaries remind me of gundam. And the other picture is just too blury. This game is set to release in Japan this fall. The area is called Shin-ou. "Shin" which means ultimate hardness and "ou" means ultimate circular shape. I think... Wether the people on this site are immature and how they take the words ultimate hardness and ultimate circular shape remain unknown. laff.

mewtwo479

Smash Cadet
Mic_128 said:
In the 7th pokemon movie (about Deoxys and Rayquaza) a NEW pokemon was revealed! Info is from Serebii.net

Gombe
(It won't show the pic, but click the link to see it)
Known Details
Type: Normal
Evolution: Snorlax
Known Appearences: Movie 7: Visitor Of the Space Fissure
Known Traits: It is known to scrounge for food, even in Trash Cans

It has been confirmed that this does evolve into Snorlax.

Also!

LUCARIO:Wave-guiding pokemon.
Type: Steel/Fighting

Manula:Sharp Claw pokemon
Type: Ice/Dark (Most likely)
Evolves from Sneasel

Usohachii:Bonzai pokemon
Type: Rock (Most likely)
Evolves into Sudowoodo

Manene: Mime pokemon
Type: Unknown
Posible pre-evolution of Mr Mime

here are the amerecain names gombe=munchlax lucario=same manyula=weavile usohachii=bonsly manene= mimejr. P.S.mime jr. evolves into mr. mime and is psycic type. :item9: :item9: :item9: :item9: :item9:

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Yo. You all should check out Serebii now for updates on D/P. The legenadaries are Diaruga(Diamond) and Parukia(Pearl). Apparently, they hold mastery over Time and Space, respectively. The three others are Cherimu(grass type), Pachirisu(electric squirrel, Pika-wannabe), and Dorapion(Dark/Poison YES!). They don't appear to be starters, just three random pokes in the game. Of the three, Cherimu and Dorapion have VERY interesting abilities and moves... Should be something to see once September 28 (the official Japanese release date) rolls around.

smashman90

Smash Lord
I wish that they would do something new like having all of the lands (Kanto,Johto, etc.) and all of the pokemon in just one game cartridge because it is like wasting money just to get another game boy advance or ds just to trade from one game to another.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Munchlax digivolves into Snorlax. And they dont put region into one game because it would probably take too long and because it would be boring for those who have already played those games.
PS. Hugable squirrel.:) Nice to see a cute pokemon again. Most of the new ones were ugly.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Attacks like thunder punch are physical? What?! Most of the damage coming from a thunderpunch is the electric shock, not he actual punch. How lame. More advantage to skarmory.

ilabb

Smash Apprentice
commonyoshi said:
Attacks like thunder punch are physical? What?! Most of the damage coming from a thunderpunch is the electric shock, not he actual punch. How lame. More advantage to skarmory.
Apparently GameFreak disagrees with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom