• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4th Generation (Pearl Diamond) Pokemon:Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake(reborn)

Smash Rookie
I want a reason to play the next pokemon not just have a basic storyline which seems to have been repeted from the very begining. Pokemon has to many limitations and not enough deatail the idea has so much pertential aswell. If they are going to stick to 2d graphics, make it long and detailed.

Higher levels I'd like to see up to level 200(or higher that might be taking it to far) But be funny to see. Just a reason to play instead of the horrible repetition the game has to offer. Thats what made red and blue so good it was fresh at the time. Invent some new ideas nintendo dont just do the same old thing.
More activites more things you can do. It better go online or there will be trouble.

Make it appeal to a bigger audience instead of having in mind kids like pikachu because it's cute. (Jokes)"Raising pokemon is fun when you sit there versing the elite 4 over and over again. Give reason to play or atleast make the elite 4 get stronger and pay out more and more each time you verse them. Thats what I mean with limitations, bring night and day.
Make it rain have seasons.

Anyway.
Lets just hope they Keep pokemon fresh and dont screw un the next generation.

Old slogan"gotta catch them all"
PFFFT, New slogan"You cant catch them all"

What do you guys want in the next pokemon, Or what would you like to see improved?
Because For one I dont wanta see toaster pokemon. It just seems all you guys are concernd with is fixing stats and such.

dragontamr27

Smash Rookie
alright srry im 2 lazy to read all of that, so that seed guy is obviosly the pre form of the tree thing right?and the sneazel with a mohawk?is that an evo?
ohh and by the way,if u think there making to many pokemon,take a look at the 1100 varieties of digimon.over 1100 i meant.also digimon come in varieties like color and eye type,and just plain type so really there r over 3000. :chuckle:

KiraYamato

Smash Journeyman
I would like to be able to catch them all WITHOUT having to go to some stupid nintendo event to get some special item or something like that. I would just like there to be every pokemon within the two versions. I would like if it were just that much easier. Is that too much to ask for the next generation of pokemon games?

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
I hope personalities will be changeable (via berries, items, etc..) and EVs (if they still will exist) will be a visible stat. Oh and make Fire/Grass types better plz. :-(

Mewtwo is #1

Smash Lord
Ouch 2007? That seems a little late, but none the less....it's possible. Anyway, hopefully this game will come out earlier than this.

On a side note, I find it odd that Rukario is fighting and steel. I would have expected it to be part psychic...mainly from the way he looks and also how he has that "ball of energy" which you usually see psychic types using.

Mewtwo is #1

Smash Lord
Is it totally confirmed that Rukario is steel+fighting? Are you sure it's not steel/fighting plus psychic? Ahh, what do I know, it's probably one of those Poke'mon that has a pseudo-type added to it, much like Psyduck/Golduck appears to be a pseudo psychic type.

Mewtwo is #1

Smash Lord
As long as Mewtwo is included in Diamond and Pearl, I'll be happy. What would be awesome is if you could play as Mewtwo in that Blue/Red dungeon Poke'mon game.

KLSmash

Smash Ace
dragontamr27 said:
alright srry im 2 lazy to read all of that, so that seed guy is obviosly the pre form of the tree thing right?and the sneazel with a mohawk?is that an evo?
ohh and by the way,if u think there making to many pokemon,take a look at the 1100 varieties of digimon.over 1100 i meant.also digimon come in varieties like color and eye type,and just plain type so really there r over 3000.
No one plays with Digimon. This is a Pokémon thread. And please spell your words accurately. You misspelled: obviously, sneasel, and are. You have places where periods are suppose to be and everytime you type a word after a period or comma, leave a space ! Don't they teach you anything in school ... *sigh *

THE RED SPARROW said:
Oh and make Fire/Grass types better plz. :-(
I agree. Fire types always sucked except maybe for a short wave of Bellyzards... :006:

Mewtwo_is_#1 said:
Is it totally confirmed that Rukario is steel+fighting? Are you sure it's not steel/fighting plus psychic? Ahh, what do I know, it's probably one of those Poke'mon that has a pseudo-type added to it, much like Psyduck/Golduck appears to be a pseudo psychic type.
I believe it has been confirmed that Rukario is steel+fighting. Pseudo psychic? You mean a Pokémon that appears to be psychic, but isn't :confused: ?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Exactly. Like Psyduck and Golduck.

And Digimon was just rediculous. For example, Augamon, Dark agumon, Toy Augamon, were all "different" digimon, despite looking very much the same.

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
KLSmash said:

I agree. Fire types always sucked except maybe for a short wave of Bellyzards... :006:

What's worse Bellyzard wasn't good because it was Fire type, which is the problem. Most Fire types have high ATK and mediocre SP.ATK which is moronic IMO. why Gamefreak why?!!!! :mad:

Abhorsen

Smash Cadet
Ah finally, after reading all that I thought I should say a few things...

The one thing that has stood out to me the most is Rukario... WRONG!!! The confirmed english name is LUCARIO! Rukario is the japanese name and yet people still say Rukario as it is the english name, well it's not. Alright some people here are gonna ask for my source or whatever so i'm giving it:
http://www.pokebeach.com/index.php?start_from=5&ucat=&archive=&subaction=&id=&
There's a big fat paragraph right there confirming it. Please use the correct name...

Now on to the Sneasel stuff. People who thought Sneasel was good...well... too bad. Sneasel was never good. It was Dark/Ice yes and they gave it a HORRIBLE special attack. It may have an above-average attack, good speed but it also has a terrible defence and HP base stat. It may be fast but if it's not powerful enough then it will be OHKO'ed very easily. Since the move tutors came in Sneasel became ever so slightly more popular with moves like Sword Dance, Counter and Reflect just to name a few. Yet, these still werent enough to save Sneasel. Manula on the other hand will be better just for the fact that it's an evolution. Hopefully it will get base stat increases in Defence and HP which will make it much more playable. And yes, Dark type is a Special Attack these days.

For those who keep complaining, well stop. If you dont like Pokemon and yet still cry on about "there's too many... they annoy me... Nintendo are gonna lose money, etc" well dont come and post here. I still wonder why on Earth you did post here in the first place when you dont like Pokemon.

I'm also an anti-Uber player. Ubers were solely created to unbalance the game otherwise everything would be playable (and no, I have no source). I refuse to play Ubers cause they are plainly broken and require almost no skill at all in using them. Just slap on the standard moveset and you have a killing machine, which is just sad IMO. If people play Uber it means only about 15 pokemon out of 386 are actually playable since the rest stand no chance. Blissey is the same, everyone just whores on it cause it's Uber-like broken too. If you are a skilled player then you will know the right things to play. Amateurs use Ubers (I will get told off for this but it's the truth).

Finally let out some steam with that. Alright, anyone wanting to start a debate on one of those topics, please PM me or reply to me here and i'll add you onto MSN asap :)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Calm down about "Rukario". I don't know about anyone else, but I get my poke news from Serebii. If they didnt mention it, I didn't know about it. I'll edit the name now. I don't like it though...too much like Ludicolo.

And Sneasel always sucked.

Abhorsen

Smash Cadet
Dont worry, im calm now :p I only thought I should have mentioned it cause I didnt see anyone here say the name Lucario and from that paragraph you can see why many Serebii people dont know the name Lucario. Serebii is hopeless with TCG stuff so the best site to go for with that is Pokebeach for sure. Pokebeach normally get D/P info quickly too. I only go to Serebii since they have the best pokedex around that I can find otherwise I dont really go there that much.

Yeh, Sneasel did always suck. I really hope they make Manula better and please get rid of the Ice part in it. At least make Manula Dark/Fighting or something which actually suits its character.

FireKP1

Smash Lord
Mic_128 said:
Calm down about "Rukario". I don't know about anyone else, but I get my poke news from Serebii. If they didnt mention it, I didn't know about it. I'll edit the name now. I don't like it though...too much like Ludicolo.

And Sneasel always sucked.
"Bumps for contiuned posting"

I also get my poke news from serebii.net. Anyhow Serebii.net finally claims that Lucario is the english name for Rukario. I've never been a big fan of Sneasel that mcuh but let's hope that it's evolved form Manulya is better. Manyula's and Manene's english names are unknown at this point but let's hope we get them soon. And finally information on a new pokemon appearing in the 9th movie and probalay Pearl and Diamond will be released in a Coro Coro issue on the 14th or 16th I think.

fire link

Smash Cadet
i just cant wait till pokemon Pearl and Diamond come out for the ds and the 8th movie.i just cant want to see the new cool pokemon .can you update the info for me thanks.

FireKP1

Smash Lord
I heard somewhere that Coro Coro will be coming out with more info next month. And since D/P is coming out sometime in 2006 over in Japan you should know that we're expecting it to come otu here around late 2006 - Early 2007.

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
Abhorsen said:
Yeh, Sneasel did always suck. I really hope they make Manula better and please get rid of the Ice part in it. At least make Manula Dark/Fighting or something which actually suits its character.
Unlikely but whatever.

If anything I want to see a Dark/Poison or Dark/Ground type. :cool:

fire link

Smash Cadet
well i just cant wait till pokemon peal comes out when any of you get any updates on the game plz tell me

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I think this is my first post in here.. O_o

In my oh so humble opinion the pokemon games both handheld and console are not very good anymore. I was going to pass on D/P but I may buy the game just for this guy.

FireKP1

Smash Lord
Chill said:
I think this is my first post in here.. O_o

In my oh so humble opinion the pokemon games both handheld and console are not very good anymore. I was going to pass on D/P but I may buy the game just for this guy.

Yeah he's one of newest 3 pokemon. But we don't know hardly anything about him. We don't even know his US name yet!

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
unfortunately, most of the new pokemon dont seem to be as cool as the old r/b s/g ones anymore. the one on top looks pretty awesome though. i dont care if he's totally weak, i'd take a butterfree over a stupid regice anyday. hopefully in pearl, team rocket will go cray and KILL all the pokemon noone likes, like dustox.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Mic_128 said:
Exactly. Like Psyduck and Golduck.

And Digimon was just rediculous. For example, Augamon, Dark agumon, Toy Augamon, were all "different" digimon, despite looking very much the same.
Digimon was awesome! i might get modded for this but I'll say it anyways. U sir, r a duffus.

FunkMaster

Smash Journeyman
salamence was intense. no more baby pokemon. baby pokemon are foolish. aaaaalllllllll fools.
yeah. they should bring back all those events that happened on different days/times of the week in gold&silver. which R/S and LG/FR compleately ignored. no.

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
FunkMaster said:
salamence was intense. no more baby pokemon. baby pokemon are foolish. aaaaalllllllll fools.
yeah. they should bring back all those events that happened on different days/times of the week in gold&silver. which R/S and LG/FR compleately ignored. no.

Yo R/S was just a poor man's Pokemon IMO. They left out so many of the elements that made G/S a masterpiece and added in poor gimmicks. This is coming from someone who likes R/S BTW.

Rickety

Peace and Love
Yeah, I was shocked when I realized RuSa didn't have Real Time (Day/Night, Days of the Week, etc.) and even more so when I found out i couldn't transfer my Color and metals. It put me off so much that I stopped playing pokemon. My little cousin convinced me to play Sapphire after I went to Pokemon Rocks San Diego and got an EON ticket. I slowly got hooked, and practically exploded with joy when FRLG came out. good times. So much so that I reserved emerald and continue to play it whenever i have time.

I hope DP brings back: Days of the week, Day/Night, and the skateboard! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom