• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 4BR Tier List V3 - Competitive Insight & Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
@PK Bash minor nitpick but tier placement has nothing to do with how good or bad an mu is. Rosa, a top tier is said to lose to MK, a high tier. Diddy was previously said to lose to Olimar, Luigi and Megaman who are high/mid tiers and Kirby, a low tier does well vs Fox, a top tier. Seeing as how Sm4sh mus tend to be subjective, a more concrete example would be ICies from Brawl, 2nd best in that game, losing to Peach, a high-mid tier character.

As for Bayo's OoS game, she has one of the fastest OoS options in the game in her f4 Witch Twist which combos like crazy if it hits, has nice range and doesn't leave her in helpless, allowing her to double jump, ABK, dABK, any aerial, Witch Time, a second Witch Twist etc. Also has an f4 jumpsquat. I believe the only offensive OoS options that are faster than Witch Twist are :4drmario::4mario:f3 SJP :4littlemac:f3 Rising Uppercut :4pacman:f1 Trampoline. There's some stuff like windboxes and intangibility that are faster and there's some moves that are also f4 such as :4miibrawl: Piston Punch and :4zss: Boost Kick. Note that all of these options leave the user in helpless while Witch Twist doesn't.

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Looking at the tournament tracker thread results. Well..you can say what you want about Bayo not winning majors. But Bayo mains for the most part have been just killing it at so many of these smaller weeklies and regionals. That is likey the reason why Bayo's overall results have overtaken Cloud to be #1 recently

Btw I feel that using that argument to say Bayo is not at-least top-5 or overatted is pretty obsolete at this point. By the same logic Post-Patch Sheik has not won any majors. Or even Cloud when used solo. Yet thet are still considered top 5 by just about everyone.

Last edited:

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
I know I'm optimistic about Ness but I think this is a bit exaggerated lol.
Even matchup is a fair assessment though. But I think even if Ness had a better recovery, him being her "hardest matchup" would still be reaching a bit. Ness is lower high tier at best (prob mid tier). Bayo is top 3 free.
*edit: in response to Krysco Krysco (does it tag you if I edit in after?) point being there are surely better characters with better tools than Ness to make the matchup harder. Ness has good tools and I can see the case for winning the MU but nothing he has should be overwhelming Bayo at any point in the match.

"Awful recovery" isn't that much of a mu decider for a couple of reasons. One, it means little if said character is supposedly so dominant in the MU; Cloud and Fox are the best examples. If Ness was actually Bayo's worse MU, we're looking at a theoretical +2 minimum, a bad recovery by itself would not suddenly make that even.

Two, it's null and void if nobody is ever gimping him.

Which none of you do.

---
P Pyrover (and everyone really because I've seen this exaggerated often in this thread) Ness' grab game does not allow him to "ignore" Witch Time all match. Competent Bayos are perfectly capable of playing anti-grab. If Ness is just looking for grabs all match he will lose.
I don't take fault with anything else you have said though apart from the retreating fair thing because that isn't really true. I would disagree with the "Bayo does more damage than Ness" as well because on average, Ness' damage output will match it and he needs less hits to match it. A lot of these are good points and actually explain why Ness' matchups aren't as awful as some people seem to think because most of these are universally applicable. (Replace "Afterburner Kick" with something else like "Bouncing Fish" for example and that sentence about up air punishes is valid for more MUs than just Bayonetta.)
---

Please elaborate on this bit if you get a chance. I think I know what you're getting at but I'm not entirely convinced this statement is true, so convince me.
I get the reward off of Witch Twist is potentially huge and it can be used to escape pressure but not sure if that is enough. I dunno about other characters but I know Ness can apply very effective shield pressure without getting hit by a Witch Twist OoS and her other OoS options aren't that great. Witch Twist is a great move and all and being able to do it out of shield is very good I know, but I can't see it carrying her OoS game to such levels.
But hey I've been wrong before. Am I forgetting something important?

No you didn't, but he took the time out of his day to give you a decent and reasonably detailed answer to what you did ask for. I hope you appreciate that.
Tier placement isn't a deciding factor on matchups. And "Worst Matchup" doesn't have to mean +2, it could mean +1. For instance, Sheik's worst matchup, Rosa, is just -1 for Sheik but it's still her worst matchup.

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
That's how it always goes. "X character has no losing MUs!" Always gotta sit back and wait on it.

On a separate note, I thought Bayonetta was supposed to be the best edgeguarding character in the game. Why is ZeRo's Diddy (and ESAM's Pikachu) the only two characters that consistently edgeguard Cloud?
Because many Smash 4 players are scared of going off stage for whatever reason.

JB333

Smash Apprentice
Umebura 27 is tonight (23:00 EST). Featuring many notable players, such as:

KEN :4sonic:
Kirihara :rosalina:
LG | Abadango :4mewtwo::4metaknight:
Choco :4zss:
DNG | Kameme :4megaman::4sheik:
DNG | Nietono :4sheik::4diddy:
Tsu- :4lucario:
T :4link:
SHI-G | 9B :4bayonetta:
Takera:4ryu:
Umeki :4peach:
Raito :4duckhunt:
Eim :4sheik:
Earth :4corrinf::4pit:
Fuwa :4marth:
Edge :4diddy:

Pools: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...DztXYOdRKfBgPRJOrIpnTQoDo/edit#gid=2094335614
Stream: twitch.tv/shi_gaming
A thing I'd like to mention is that // is registered for this tournament. He's a :4littlemac: main who is a wifi monster and one of the best Macs in the world. He wins a lot of online Japanese tournaments and I'm pretty sure this is his first big offline tournament (at least to my knowledge). Wouldn't be surprised if he had a big run tonight.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Because many Smash 4 players are scared of going off stage for whatever reason.
You know why that is? Because a good deal of characters die if they mess up an offstage edgeguard, and because you can get reverse edgeguarded.
The worse your recovery is (whether it's slow, linear, not that high, etc), the easier it is to edgeguard you, but even still it can be difficult.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
You know why that is? Because a good deal of characters die if they mess up an offstage edgeguard, and because you can get reverse edgeguarded.
The worse your recovery is (whether it's slow, linear, not that high, etc), the easier it is to edgeguard you, but even still it can be difficult.
On top of that, if you mess up and lose a stock, that's half of your stocks right there. I notice that people tend to be safer and remain on stage if they're on their second stock as a result.

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
Strong players tend to play it safe when faced with an unfamiliar situation. The more knowledge players have of edgeguarding, the more likely they'll go out there. It's why the Abadango vs. Dabuz match from Apex 2015 is so infamous. Had they 2017 knowledge of their characters, it probably would've played out differently (never mind that Aba probably wouldn't have used Pac-Man).

Illuminose

Smash Ace
i'm convinced that the bayo ness mu will develop much like the bayo luigi mu, in the sense that when bayos learn how to play a defensive neutral properly against ness, abusing his linear approach options, and abuse his poor recovery/disadvantage state, people won't question that bayo has an advantage in that matchup. i'm positive bayo wins that mu, though not by much. almost every top bayo matchup chart says she has a slight advantage, and the ness players seem split between even and slight disadvantage. it's an interesting matchup because ness can tack on damage really fast, and actually has a semi-relevant advantage state against bayo as well as oos options to counteract some of her typical pressure. although ness isn't packing tons of rage, his moves have the advantage of trading and often winning if bayo misuses or overextends with an aerial option. ness also has back throw to punish laggy special landings, a very consistent punish option that leads to kills at high percent. witch time is generally not that good against ness because he has hard punishes for witch time, limiting one of bayo's more absurd tools.

still, there's a few major points that people don't seem to understand about the matchup. for one, bayonetta wins neutral, a fact some people here really don't seem to get. ness doesn't have good approach options to counteract a bayo playing around his limited options efficiently, and he's not really going to keep bayo out either. someone mentioned retreating fair - this option can certainly be whiff punished, and is far from an efficient answer unless the bayonetta player is just haphazardly spamming back air (which many mid/high level bayos do, so i'm not surprised that people would think this is what bayo neutral is). it's typically not difficult for bayo to wait and react to ness's option, and there tends to be little risk if she anticipates the wrong option or whiffs her punish. this is a mu where, if the bayo player wants to, they can literally just not get hit for extended periods of time without too much the ness can do about it.

bayonetta has a perhaps even more relevant advantage state because edgeguards will (or at least should) frequently lead to death if the bayo player executes properly. ness's disadvantage in general is notably worse than bayo's, as there's a difference between adding damage with pkt and killing off traps on typical landing options. P Pyrover mentioned that ness is not very susceptible to ko combos off the top, and i have to say that i just don't see it. ness isn't much more or less susceptible to bayo ladder combos than the average character. i think ness's grab may also be overrated in this matchup, and grabs in general, because bayonetta is very capable of playing anti-grab.

at civil war, 9b beat fow 3-1 without doing half of what i said. he landed a pretty lucky edgeguard stock 1 of game 1 and then did not go for any optimized edgeguards all set until the last stock of game 4. in this set, he won 2/3 games on smashville, ness's best stage by far. he basically won by playing fundamental patient bayo, waiting out fow's approach options and punishing accordingly. he didn't even really camp except for one part of the game in game 4; he just played a patient neutral. since people here care about results, i also decided to investigate other examples of bayo vs ness at top level (salem has no relevant sets against ness, which is why he isn't mentioned).

- captain zack lost a set against fow at zero saga last year, and won a set against great gonzales at royal flush.
- 9b, in addition to his set against fow, played a set against taranito in august of last year, which he lost, as well as a set against masa that he won.
- ikep has played 2 sets against taranito and a set each against masa and gakuto, all of which he has won.
- jk has traded sets with fow (might be negative overall, i didn't endeavor to check every bracket) and won most of his sets against bestness, additionally defeating shaky last weekend. he has also lost a set to nakat's ness.
- nakat has set wins over saj and jk, as well as a set loss against saj
- great gonzales has a set win over pink fresh

just pointing out that the results of this matchup are mixed, probably a slight edge on the part of bayo, though there's limited data from which to draw these conclusions.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
The more knowledge players have of edgeguarding, the more likely they'll go out there.
THIS.
This is why ZeRo's almost never loses to Cloud (or at least, it's one reason), and it's why you only see ZeRo going for dair or dtilt against Cloud. Did we see ZeRo trying to edgeguard Prince Ramen, or Tsu? Not really, because he's not as knowledgeable in edgeguarding them. Besides, why edgeguard when you're the ultimate ledgetrapper?

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Nitpick: ZeRo *did*edgeguard Tsu- once he realized what he was doing.
:196:
True. But I'd like to extend on that by saying that what he was doing was fighting a character whose recovery is difficult to control and easy to take advantage of. Thus he immediately opted to let Tsu come back and just punish that due to the lag, as it was a lot easier than edgeguarding.

Pyrover

Smash Cadet
P Pyrover mentioned that ness is not very susceptible to ko combos off the top, and i have to say that i just don't see it. ness isn't much more or less susceptible to bayo ladder combos than the average character. i think ness's grab may also be overrated in this matchup, and grabs in general, because bayonetta is very capable of playing anti-grab.
Obviously Bayo can still make the ladders and carries work, as she can with any character, but Ness is generally more difficult to complete the combo on. He has an incredibly good aerial drift that lets him weave around wherever he wants when he's DIing properly. His good air dodge gets him out of scenarios where her combos aren't perfect but catch most characters anyway. Being floaty and kind of light means that he gets hit farther away in general. Following his DI is possible, but it's a lot easier to mess up in practice. Might not sound that way on paper, but when Bayo is dragging me around the air, I find it's not as hard to mix up my escape attempts as it is with say, Robin or Wii Fit.

I exaggerated his grab game a bit, admittedly, but it is still an advantage. Bayo can play anti-grab all day, but she's eventually going to get caught. Good Ness players get the grab. He also has other combo starters, which are more reliable when she's busy worrying about that grab of his, and is therefore less likely to Witch Time.

If Bayo can perfect her edgeguards against Ness, then the matchup could shift into her favor. However, the risk associated with chasing him off stage and his big aerial hitboxes lead me to believe that that won't happen, at least not anytime soon.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
So Abadango won Umebura 27 using :4bayonetta: almost (or entirely?) exclusively during the entire tournament from what I'm reading. He notably reset the bracket and won in Grand Finals against Kirihara who had sent him to Losers.

With the only notable outliers being Ranai, Komorikiri and Taiheita in an otherwise frontloaded Japanese tournament, that seems like a pretty big deal. Considering we were talking the other day about top professionals dabbling with her to mixed results and several people dismissing the fact, I get the feeling people aren't taking the trend as seriously as it should.

Last edited:

Galaxeon

Smash Cadet
Umebura 27:

1st) LG l Abadango :4bayonetta:
2nd) Kirihara :rosalina:
3rd) Choco :4zss:
4th) Tsu :4lucario::4ryu:
5th) Earth :4pit::4corrin::4darkpit:
5th) takera :4ryu:
7th) DNG l Kameme :4megaman::4cloud:
7th) KEN :4sonic:
9th) Mao :4cloud:
9th) bAhuto :4mario:
9th) SHIG l 9B :4bayonetta:
9th) Raito :4duckhunt:
13th) DNG l Nietono :4sheik:
13th) Kishiru :4pikachu:
13th) Edge :4diddy:
13th) Lea :4greninja:
17th) Onpu :4zelda:
17th) Gackt :4ness:
17th) Shu :4sheik::4bayonetta:
17th) T :4link::4corrin:
17th) Rotsuku :4yoshi:
17th) Kisha :4bowser::4megaman:
17th) RSZ l Umeki :4peach:
17th) Rattsu :4greninja:

Last edited:

Guido65

Smash Apprentice
Umebura 27:

17th) T :4link:
According to T's twitter he went corrin one time in pools and went everything else with link. I'm 100% sure he is going to practice corrin for KEN since he's not patient vs sonic as link(this matchup requires a lot of patience to win and really isn't bad as long as you ban FD).

Last edited:

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Umebura 27:

17th) T :4link:
Filling out the rest of top 32:

25th: Rain :4cloud2:
25th: FILIP :4mario:
25th: Yoshiaiki :4villager:
25th: KaPMk :4metaknight:
25th: Nicorin :4link:
25th: Nyanko :4sheik:
25th: SHIG l Aiba :4yoshi:
25th: Shky :4zss:

Were any of Onpu's matches streamed?

dakotaisgreat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MegaSkarner XLR
I'd like to try and get some discussion going about a character I don't see talked about very much in here.

What is it that's holding Wario back? I think as long as this game has been out he has steadily become less and less of a threat and just keeps dropping on the tier list. He's small, maneuverable, and heavy with great recovery, a good command grab, a kill throw, a Mario Bros up smash, obviously his Waft, but.. that's about it.

Anyone have any insight about the direction of the Wario metagame? Is he suffering from lack of representation or just lack of being a good character? ZeRo has said that as long as you dodge the Waft, you really shouldn't be losing to Wario. I agree with this, but I've never played a good Wario and I've only ever seen like, three people play him in tournament. Those three people were also no name randoms at locals so I really doubt they are going to break out and do some amazing things with the character. (Not to offend anyone, they would probably beat me if I played them.)

Since I listed some of his strengths, I guess I'll throw out some weaknesses. He seems to have no range. His down and forward smash pretty much suck. He has no combo throw. His best move is something that comes out once a set and can be blocked/dodged, and the fact that waft is his best move also seems like kind of a problem to me. Not one of Wario's attacks or moves really stands out to me as super amazing. He kind of just has a bunch of "meh" moves.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
I'd like to try and get some discussion going about a character I don't see talked about very much in here.

What is it that's holding Wario back? I think as long as this game has been out he has steadily become less and less of a threat and just keeps dropping on the tier list. He's small, maneuverable, and heavy with great recovery, a good command grab, a kill throw, a Mario Bros up smash, obviously his Waft, but.. that's about it.

Anyone have any insight about the direction of the Wario metagame? Is he suffering from lack of representation or just lack of being a good character? ZeRo has said that as long as you dodge the Waft, you really shouldn't be losing to Wario. I agree with this, but I've never played a good Wario and I've only ever seen like, three people play him in tournament. Those three people were also no name randoms at locals so I really doubt they are going to break out and do some amazing things with the character. (Not to offend anyone, they would probably beat me if I played them.)

Since I listed some of his strengths, I guess I'll throw out some weaknesses. He seems to have no range. His down and forward smash pretty much suck. He has no combo throw. His best move is something that comes out once a set and can be blocked/dodged, and the fact that waft is his best move also seems like kind of a problem to me. Not one of Wario's attacks or moves really stands out to me as super amazing. He kind of just has a bunch of "meh" moves.
Wario's problem is he plays like a character that was designed for the neutral game and literally nothing else.

He's like a better version of Jigglypuff that's still not good enough.

PGH_Chrispy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Geliaron
Onpu pulling weight, I wish that match against Lea had been streamed. Still, the people he won against (and the game he took of 9B) shows some promise for even the lowest characters in this game.

Routa

Smash Lord
Wario has many issues. He can't get in, his kill options outside Waft are mediocre at best, his damage output is weak, he lacks mobility to make up his poor range etc.
The lack of Wario rep has to do with people getting tired of the character. Why play a character that has loosing MU against almost every top tier (Rosa and Mario are the only MUs where he doesnt get overkilled), requires you to play very campy and be doomed if you mess up the Waft kill? Basically not only do you have to play very campy, but you also need to outplay your opponent in every area and execute everything perfectly just to get small reward. It is very draining Many Wario players have dropped him due to thous reasons.

Does he still have some use? Well kinda. He is still one of the worst MUs for Lucario ("If you have trouble with Lucario just pick Wario" -Reflex) and he does decently against Rosa. In doubles he is decent support who has really good team combo setups. Add to that he is one of the best stock tanks in game.

In the end Wario just got unlucky with the patch changes and addition of DLC.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
When I talk about Gren players, and the smash community in general, about using their movement options as a defensive tool instead of shielding, this is what I mean.

And people still shield on the ledge while Rosalina is offstage lmaooo

:150:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
These six players are not on the PGR, but according to Juddy, they are top 50 on the X factor list

Ikep:4bayonetta2:
Trela:4ryu:
Tyrant:4metaknight::4diddy:
SuperGirlKels:4sonic:
Some:4greninja:
Zenyou:4mario:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Filling out the rest of top 32:

25th: Rain :4cloud2:
25th: FILIP :4mario:
25th: Yoshiaiki :4villager:
25th: KaPMk :4metaknight:
25th: Nicorin :4link:
25th: Nyanko :4sheik:
25th: SHIG l Aiba :4yoshi:
25th: Shky :4zss:

Were any of Onpu's matches streamed?
Onpu was on stream vs Fuwa in pools (which he won) and vs Zaki as Laken mentioned.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
When I talk about Gren players, and the smash community in general, about using their movement options as a defensive tool instead of shielding, this is what I mean.

And people still shield on the ledge while Rosalina is offstage lmaooo

:150:
That was disgusting lol

NairWizard

Somewhere
For the majority of players in this thread and elsewhere, what's holding you back from being a high-level player is your inability to distinguish "I should shield" moments from "I should move" moments. Knowing when to move back vs. when to shield vs. when to jump is the most important skill for being high level in this game (top level is another matter entirely). But it's not as simple as just using movement options, it's also about conditioning. When you're short hopping a lot you're sending a message to your opponent. You need to read that message and then read your opponent's response to that message; that's how you get one step ahead.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
So Abadango won Umebura 27 using :4bayonetta: almost (or entirely?) exclusively during the entire tournament from what I'm reading. He notably reset the bracket and won in Grand Finals against Kirihara who had sent him to Losers.

With the only notable outliers being Ranai, Komorikiri and Taiheita in an otherwise frontloaded Japanese tournament, that seems like a pretty big deal. Considering we were talking the other day about top professionals dabbling with her to mixed results and several people dismissing the fact, I get the feeling people aren't taking the trend as seriously as it should.
So is it time to ban her already and stop the flood of complaints?
:196:

Pyrover

Smash Cadet
Wario suffers from being one of the most misunderstood characters on the roster. People view him as centering entirely around the Waft, and while he can be played that way, it's not optimal. The Waft is a trump card and the ultimate comeback factor, ensuring that he isn't out of the game until he's dead. That doesn't mean you should play just around that.

Wario possesses excellent mobility, high survivability, and some really solid buttons. The thing that makes him interesting is that rather than having a truly cohesive moveset, Wario has a set of tools that leave him with good options in virtually any situation. Need an antiair? Up Tilt will beat even Cloud's dair. Need a kill throw? F-Throw is the second strongest in the game. Need a ledgetrap? His long lasting dair and command grab have you covered. Need a safe grounded poke? D-tilt is safe and combos into grab until very late percentages.

No, he doesn't get any throw combos, but he does have attacks that combo into his throws, which net him free damage and positioning. He's a character that wants to keep resetting the neutral while controlling positioning. He dances at the edge of your range and then uses his amazing air speed to punish you for pushing buttons. He doesn't lose because he misses with the Waft, he just has to play honestly from there.

The character lacks in very few areas. He racks up damage with bike setups and ledgetraps/edge guards. He kills with F-tilt, Up-Smash, F-Throw, Bair, Dair at ledge, and obviously the Waft. He has great aerial mobility as well as a burst option with Bike that both defends him from projectiles and creates a big active hitbox. He ledge guards and edgetraps with d-tilt, bike, his command grab, dash attack, lasting dair, and the threat of his kill throw. He also lives forever with his high weight and awesome recovery.

Now, obviously he has some flaws, primarily in a lack of range. More so than any other character, Wario has to know his matchups, because knowing how his weird moves interact with everyone else is imperative to doing anything, and that's a learning curve that kills most interest in the character, as well as his reputation for being over centralized around one move. Gluttony gets excellent results with Wario over in Europe, and has taken sets off respectable players like Fatality and Kameme, so clearly the character has something going for him. He needs good, dedicated representation at big events to rise up the tier list, but speaking strictly in theory, he has all the tools to be a high tier.

The-Technique

Smash Ace
NNID
luckysharm
I don't agree with Wario having bad damage output either, when you watch Gluttony he gets all these crazy footstool combos, sometimes getting Waft finishers off of them. I feel like whenever people talk about Wario here they treat him like he's a low tier, and I just don't see it.

Last edited:

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
I can't tell if Glutonny makes Wario look better than he actually is or if Glutonny's the only one that brings out what Wario's truly capable of.

Also, whatever happened to Reflex? I haven't heard from him at all since, like, TBH6.

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Well unless you are using Bayonetta, where you
I can't tell if Glutonny makes Wario look better than he actually is or if Glutonny's the only one that brings out what Wario's truly capable of.
So a Raito with Duck Hunt situation then? heh heh

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I find Wario having a lack of a combo throw to not even be an issue. His fthrow does 12% and while that's his kill throw that you likely don't want to stale, his uthrow does 11% total and leaves the opponent above you where you can trap their landings. Granted, I have no idea how laggy that throw is, how high it sends or how good Wario's ability to trap landings is, I don't use the character but as someone who uses Mewtwo, I have no problem getting grab after grab after grab. His fthrow does 13% total. Add in pummels for extra damage and at higher percents, when certain characters can di fthrow to minimize the damage, I then go for dthrow for mix ups and at even higher percents, bthrow and uthrow start killing.

Getting 11-12% per grab isn't bad. It may not be a Mario dthrow utilt uair string but it's better than what Marcina gets off raw grabs.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
Also, whatever happened to Reflex? I haven't heard from him at all since, like, TBH6.
He placed 25th at Momocon a month ago. Got 3-0'd by Salem in WF Pools and then 3-0 eliminated by Hyper.

Envoy of Chaos

Smash Ace

From what I heard Reflex doesn't go to alot because he doesn't enjoy the game anymore.

Wario is a solid mid tier character. He's great at defense and keep away and yes he can kill without Waft (although it's a lot harder) but his main struggle is killing when waft isn't active. Like I said it's not like he can't without it but you don't have to fear too much when your at high percentages against a wantless Wario.

He's not a bad character he just doesn't have super strong tools like characters higher up than him to really be anything but a middle of the line mid tier. I think Gluttony makes him look better than he is. One thing Wario will always have is apparently solidly beating Lucario so there is that.

ArnoldPalmer

Smash Apprentice
Getting 11-12% per grab isn't bad. It may not be a Mario dthrow utilt uair string but it's better than what Marcina gets off raw grabs.
Marcina's grab isn't really a fair comparison though. Sure they don't do that much damage with their throws but they have an easier time landing grabs, get low % grab combos (occasionally 50/50s at kill percent for Marth), and put you offstage or at the ledge with their fthrow. They might not work well with other characters kits but they're perfect for Marcina

Rizen

Smash Legend
:4wario2:'s possibly the biggest victim of the power creep and DLC. I feel like he doesn't deserve to be a low tier and it's better to have a larger mid tier than needlessly throw characters down because there are better characters. A big mid tier feels right.

However I would support a borderline tier for characters like :4dk:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom