• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 4BR Tier List v1.0 - Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

juddy96

Smash Lord
Captain Zack :4bayonetta: is on a tear at TGC 8. He's defeated Angbad, GrimTurtle, 8BitMan, and Megafox and made his way into the top 4.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
This is a hilariously bizarre sentence to read when you don't have any context.
My man it's hilarious with context.

After the US and Mexico finished their crew battle, Hyuga had the (great) idea of having both teams bash open a Donald Trump piñata as the grand finale.

After the piñata bust open, Void scrambled to the ground to grab candy like an ecstatic ten year old.

That's when the foot struck, and Void's hand was wounded, possibly leading to him getting 17th at a tourney he usually gets top 8 in.

lol.

:150:

jespoke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jespoke
When you tagged me I assumed it was a very belated response to my comment that you called Game & Watch "good" or that a Game & Watch had done something notable. I'm glad it was the latter.

From what I know Game & Watch loses to Sheik primarily because she can camp with needles and generally keep him in a bad position with her frame data. The KOing aspect may honestly fall in Game & Watch's favor now after Sheik's nerfs and both characters are difficult to edgeguard. If VoiD had a hand injury that probably had some impact. Additionally, from what I know of VoiD he's a pretty aggressive player which doesn't work too well against Game & Watch.

Too bad the matches weren't streamed, I would have loved to see them.
According to the commentators it ended with Void ahead all game 3.... into 9

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
2GGT KTAR Saga announced - week after EVO, featuring most/all of Tristate's best in SoCal.

CEO
EVO
KTAR Saga
Umebara SAT
Smash Con
The Big House 6

next few months are loaded

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
As of now who do you guys see as some of the more "unexplored/undderrated" characters in the game rn? Like who do you think ppl underplay and such

kaz99

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
KAZ#306
Switch FC
SW-3846-9922-7779
So since when has Duck Hunt 3-0'd people. He's probably one of these underrated/unexplored characters

Last edited:

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
Here we go again

A character does something.

Unexplored/underrated.

Let's ignore the fact that JPN thinks extremely highly of Duck Hunt, and has for the longest time.

outfoxd

Smash Ace
NNID
outfoxd
A duck hunt kill throw is an extended toss into a floating can.

Also its a pain in the butt picking options when the character covers multiple ones with independent hitboxes.

kaz99

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
KAZ#306
Switch FC
SW-3846-9922-7779
Here we go again

A character does something.

Unexplored/underrated.

Let's ignore the fact that JPN thinks extremely highly of Duck Hunt, and has for the longest time.
Yes but he is still underrated in the west....or at least by ESAM

outfoxd

Smash Ace
NNID
outfoxd
Duck Hunt has to win a national before he's considered mid tier i suppose.

Edit: I'm only surprised because I thought DH was Hips secondary.

Last edited:

kaz99

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
KAZ#306
Switch FC
SW-3846-9922-7779
Since when is ESAM the person we turn to for a list.

Oh yeah

Never.
And since when have I said that? Duck Hunt has usually been underrated by American players, and even in this thread I remember people saying that he was "bottom 5". People will focus on Duck Hunt's many flaws, but not on any of his strengths. He's definitely a low tier, but not garbage.

Last edited:

R3D3MON

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KeeHwang2010
outfoxd outfoxd
From what I understand I think he dual-mains Olimar and Duck Hunt. You can see past videos of his tournament runs in youtube (search them in the 2ggaming channel).

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Rosalina is there to keep Ryu in check, for sure.
What a beautiful game we have.

Ryu's current meta doesn't have means of knocking Luma off stage reliably, and Luma snuffs a lot of Ryu's neutral out completely. The fact that Rosa can be at 50% and ryu at 150% and both are at last hit scenarios still allow Ryu to keep up (and is just a universal consideration in all of his match ups)
However, Rosa with out Luma honestly gets steam rolled by Ryu, likely harder than Cloud can.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay

Smog Frog

Smash Lord
Rosalina is there to keep Ryu in check, for sure.
What a beautiful game we have.

Ryu's current meta doesn't have means of knocking Luma off stage reliably, and Luma snuffs a lot of Ryu's neutral out completely. The fact that Rosa can be at 50% and ryu at 150% and both are at last hit scenarios still allow Ryu to keep up (and is just a universal consideration in all of his match ups)
However, Rosa with out Luma honestly gets steam rolled by Ryu, likely harder than Cloud can.

:4ryu: uthrow can get rid of luma

he has a really good dash grab

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
And since when have I said that? Duck Hunt has usually been underrated by American players, and even in this thread I remember people saying that he was "bottom 5". People will focus on Duck Hunt's many flaws, but not on any of his strengths. He's definitely a low tier, but not garbage.
Even Zelda has a handful of legitimately good tools and can do some work.

I don't think anyone in this game is true trash outside of Jigglypuff.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's because Georgia/Texas and Florida are the main scenes. Louisiana goes to Texas, MS has legit nothing, Tennessee goes to Georgia, and Alabama goes to FL/Georgia tournaments.
Not quite. It's only very far south Alabama that travels to Florida tournaments, really. The rest of AL sticks mostly to mid and northern AL tournaments, sometimes traveling to closer GA tournaments (Atlanta) for regionals, and sometimes going up to close Tennessee tournaments (mostly only regionals). At the in-state monthlies (around 4 or 5 of them in mid + north AL) we get numbers nearing 70-80 on a good day, with tournaments averaging around 40-50 entrants.

Last edited:

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
Yo Bman1k?

I played him at a regional here in MS during top 8. Good **** to him.

sedrf

Smash Journeyman
Like smashboard sis any better. Duck hunt isn't that great but he is perfectly usable,but people like to circlejerk about esam and stuff like that.

Piipp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZebraJammiez
3DS FC
2681-1864-8125
Speaking of the southeast region, Brawlman 1K is one of Memphis' best players. The best IMO.

:150:
Oh dude he definitely is the best. Jester is like 1 - 6 in sets against Brawlman. Bman has won every orl he's been to. ORLs 10 - 15. Unfortunately, as of now he isn't a Memphis player. He went back home in MS for a little while.

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
False says he is done with Sheik, then says he intends to focus on Marth. Brings the Sheik anyway. Beats ESAM.

Impressive! I don't think he can get rid of his Sheik haha. It's done so much for him and continues to do so. Hoping to see good placings from him this summer; he's one of Tristate's finest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom