• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 4BR Tier List v1.0 - Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oh hey. Here's all the Sheik stuff:

Sheik:Dsmash kbg155->165
Fair def hitboxZpos 3.5 ->2.5
Fair hitboxZpos3.5 ->2.5
Fthrow°70->72
FthrowKBG65->79
Dthrow°80->77
DthrowKBG75-> 90

SUPER interested in the Fair Z-axis placements. Does this mean people can just straight up outrange Sheik Fair now?

DblCrest

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DblCrest
3DS FC
0018-2708-3882
Id rather lose to a character in M2's body than the same character in Sonics' body. M2 also is bigger, doesn't say 'YOURE TOO SLOW' in the most punchable voice ever, have music that his fans like way too much, is lighter, doesn't have spindash BS for confirms that do way too much (he has confirms, but off of non mobile priority balls), and isn't a blue ball of ****.
Music is the only thing some of the crazy fans can agree on is good throughout most of the games. So don't be like that Megamang -3-

Anyway as exciting as the new patches are. Shouldn't dreams and nightmares concerning them be in another thread(Along with complaints haha) or does it count towards the competitive discussion? :o

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
This new Mewtwo is literally pre-patch Sonic

Runs around fast with kill throws and a stupid powerful up-smash

People will start complaining soon lol.
Meanwhile on the mew2 boards

we did it guys! mission complete! we got that weight buff!

:150:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I have to say, I may be bad, but I'm struggling a bit to get that Duck Hunt kill I posted earlier. The FAF doesn't feel like there's nearly enough time to act quick enough. If it's incorrect somehow, I'm sorry to be the false hype man. That said, it was confirmed that Duck Hunt got SOME kind of change this patch.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
If Shuriken outranges Needles now, it means Elthunder outranges Needles now. So Robin has that and Thoron going at least.

Levin Fair can also contest Sheik's aerials, Wind Jab still kills, if the rumored 50/50 nerf is substantial Robin gets that much more rage to slam Sheik with a Levin hit, etc.

Who knows, if Robin can avoid being overwhelmed, this MU could legit be a true head-to-head fight.

Really curious on how the Zamus nerfs affect the MU though.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
This love triangle between me, greninja, and mewtwo just got A LOT more complicated..............

I can't tell who is better anymore.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Oh hey. Here's all the Sheik stuff:

Sheik:Dsmash kbg155->165
Fair def hitboxZpos 3.5 ->2.5
Fair hitboxZpos3.5 ->2.5
Fthrow°70->72
FthrowKBG65->79
Dthrow°80->77
DthrowKBG75-> 90

SUPER interested in the Fair Z-axis placements. Does this mean people can just straight up outrange Sheik Fair now?
Whoa if this is real this is pretty huge.

I really need to know how that affects the 50/50

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
So apparently Rosalina can't Grav Pull PK Thunder anymore? Dabuz says so on Twitter, about to test now. Kind of a nerf to Rosa in a way.

Edit: Nah forget it. My test was faulty and Dabuz is wrong. Would be super weird.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Shulk vs Sheik just got a whole lot easier with the Fair and Needle changes.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
So apparently Rosalina can't Grav Pull PK Thunder anymore? Dabuz says so on Twitter, about to test now. Kind of a nerf to Rosa in a way.

Edit: Yeah I just tested it, you can't steal PK Thunder. Gonna test with Pocket too now that I think about it.
WAIT WHAT

BUT THE GAME TELLS YOU TO DO THIS IN A HINT

EDIT: I just stole it, not sure what you're talking about.

Last edited:

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace

Edit: Yeah I just tested it, you can't steal PK Thunder. Gonna test with Pocket too now that I think about it.
That seems...odd. Is it only during it's usual temporary invincibility or is it completely unable to snatch it anymore?

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Sakurai is trying to remove gatekeepers from the game

MK, ZSS, and Sheik all used to counter Mewtwo.......not anymore

bend over for your new top tier mewtwo

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300

Edit edit: RIP Pocket doesn't seem to work either. Testing against Lucas too, just to be sure.

Edit edit edit: Okay you CAN take Lucas's still. What is this nonsense?
You can still steal Ness's PK Thunder. Just tested. Maybe the absorbtion range was affected somehow?

EDIT: Either that, or Dabuz is just trolling. *shrugs*

Last edited:

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
If Shuriken outranges Needles now, it means Elthunder outranges Needles now. So Robin has that and Thoron going at least.

Levin Fair can also contest Sheik's aerials, Wind Jab still kills, if the rumored 50/50 nerf is substantial Robin gets that much more rage to slam Sheik with a Levin hit, etc.

Who knows, if Robin can avoid being overwhelmed, this MU could legit be a true head-to-head fight.

Really curious on how the Zamus nerfs affect the MU though.
No need, Sheik has been overnerfed already. I doubt if people will play her anymore; less range on fair, weaker needles, and no more 50/50s and worse forward throw. I guess people like killing off characters; only question is, will MK be viable enough at top level, Abadango apparently dropped him for Rosa already. Although I do hope Sheik can maintain, it's looking pretty grim, I mean no kill reliable kill set up off of grab in a game with rage and weakened options on top of that >.>. I am now a Roaalina main. I sure do hope I am wrong about Sheik. Shaya thoughts on Sheik ATM?

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
That's what I get for testing stuff/believing in tweets. Ignore me foreverrrrrrrr

But these Sheik nerfs seem significant. She still has needles and fair, but I don't think it will be enough to keep her above water from the silly reward of Bayonetta and incredible neutral and kill power of Cloud. ZSS is also hit, but I'll hold my tongue until I knwo more. It's a good day to be a Rosalina player, though. Interesting patch so far.

Shoutouts to Samus for getting some love! You guys deserve it and then some.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I can confirm that they did NOT remove the Bowser Jr. kartless wall tech glitch this patch. Bummer.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
No need, Sheik has been overnerfed already. I doubt if people will play her anymore; less range on fair, weaker needles, and no more 50/50s and worse forward throw. I guess people like killing off characters; only question is, will MK be viable enough at top level, Abadango apparently dropped him for Rosa already. Although I do hope Sheik can maintain, it's looking pretty grim, I mean no kill reliable kill set up off of grab in a game with rage and weakened options on top of that >.>. I am now a Roaalina main. I sure do hope I am wrong about Sheik. Shaya thoughts on Sheik ATM?
TBH a drop in sheik usage is litterally all greninja needs to become truly viable, greninja's future looks bright too

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Can't wait to see what Void is gonna do with patched Sheik. He was never reliant on the 50-50 or needle camping anyways.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I tested a variety of vertical and horizontal ranges for Rosa down-b and found no changes. That doesn't eliminate the possibility Ness' upb got changed somehow, though.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Might as well confirm that MALLC's are still in. Yeah, never getting removed.

Also, seemingly no Shulk buffs. Ah well, there's always hope for the Ike treatment in the future since patches are still around.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The nerfs to Sheik, ZSS, and Metaknight could be huge for obvious reasons. ZSS alone was a giant gatekeeper for nearly all the heavyweights in the game so characters like Ike and DK could develop to become stand alone viable if the impact is as great as people are currently implying they will be.

Reapers

Smash Rookie
I wonder how dominant Cloud will be. Sure, he got nerfed, but so did nearly everyone around him (to what extent, I'm not sure). Nerf to Finishing Touch sucks but Limit Cross Slash is still there untouched and will the 1% damage reduction to his up air really affect him that much? I'm both dreading and looking forward as to what will happen with him.
That reminds me, I'm guessing Bayonetta is left untouched?

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
How can Rosalina be the best when Cloud still sh*tstomps her?

Also Corrin nerfs got me some kind of salty. If what I'm seeing is true (ground speed nerfs), I'm legit mad. Character wasn't top tier, didn't even break out at a major yet. I was just getting into playing him too.

P.S. Sheik is still top tier :)
And VoiD is the best kind of top tier main. What a champ.

Last edited:

Trifroze

all is cheese, all is jank
NNID
Trifroze
So apparently these are all the ZSS nerfs if I'm reading the notes right:

Uair damage: 8% to 6.5%
Uair KBG: 110 to 125

Nair damage: 10% to 8%
Nair KBG(?): 80 to 96
Nair horizontal range(?): 6.0 to 5.7

Active frames on all grabs reduced by 4 frames at the tip

Dthrow second hit damage: 5% to 3%
Dthrow BKB: 100 to 90
Dthrow KBG: 25 to 60 (basically Luigi'd)

Bthrow second hit damage: 4% to 6%
Bthrow BKB: 70 to 72
Bthrow KBG: 60 to 45

Side b little hits: 0.8% to 1.2%
Side b final hit: 6% to 7.5%

Literal Diddy treatment. Uair got objectively worse, dthrow got objectively worse, nair got weaker but better at comboing, all grabs got worse, bthrow seems pretty irrelevant and side b might have a use now.

Last edited:

predator_21476

Smash Apprentice
NNID
predator_21476
How can Rosalina be the best when Cloud still sh*tstomps her?

Also Corrin nerfs got me some kind of salty. If what I'm seeing is true (ground speed nerfs), I'm legit mad. Character wasn't top tier, didn't even break out at a major yet. I was just getting into playing him too.

P.S. Sheik is still top tier :)
And VoiD is the best kind of top tier main. What a champ.
The ground speed nerfs are true at least for the run speed anyways. They just aren't that big. Ike runs slightly faster now. Who did she have a similar walk speed to?

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Rosa and Mario were left untouched too, things are looking good for them. M2's new dash speed might open up more combos and become even deadlier.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Friendly reminder that a drop in Sheik usage is only good news for Cloud =).

This patch is very....interesting.
Cloud's changes are minimal for Singles.
Sure, Uair is not +1 on shield anymore, Limit takes a bit longer and LCS got a tiny KBG reduction, but the overall character seems about as strong.
With two of the queens getting noticeably worse and him not having trouble against the third, he now might be a force to be reckoned with (though the newest queen is kind of a problem for him and everyone else).
:196:

Aife

Smash Apprentice
The ground speed nerfs are true. They just aren't that big. Ike runs slightly faster now. Who did she have a similar walk speed to?
So Corrin got speed nerfs huh?
I don't really know how that makes sense but, its irrelevant i guess, its manageable...Still feel weird about it though, it was the most awkward thing about her while first picking her up. Gonna be even more jarring going from DP to her.

Samus's new morph ball thing is god damn amazing though. Not even talking about possibilities here, I just wanna use it...Damn. sdjfjksdfkjs

Ifeelsoawkwardinthisthread,butIdecidedtocommentanyway

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Personally I think Cloud got hit pretty hard by the Limit Break nerf. Also Up Air is weaker and doesnt kill as early as it used to. Cloud is still good but he did get slapped from this patch

FSLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FSLink
Apparently it wasn't clear to some of you that Dabuz was trolling:
https://twitter.com/_DabuzSensei/status/709961918648348673

Also Duck Hunt had a "kill confirm" with dthrow to uair at high percents. It's existed for awhile. It doesn't work with any sort of DI. Someone "discovered" it last patch too lol

But it appears he did receive changes. Someone said he got his smash attacks kill power buffed slightly. If they fixed the hitboxes on fsmash I'll take it as good enough.

Last edited:

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
Even with the 1% uair nerf on Cloud. The frame data and disjoint still makes his uair one of the best ones in the game if the not the best. The move was (and still kinda is) busted and merits the nerf. The Shiek nerfs are the biggest buff Cloud could ask for. Aside from her, I don't think Cloud has any -1 MUs now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom