• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 4BR Tier List v1.0 - Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
If sakurai nerfed the top tiers that greninja actually did well against but didn't touch sheik I will flip a table

:150:

Ninety

Smash Journeyman
So MK lost his ability to kill people at 40? World's smallest violin playing here.

CHIEf

Smash Rookie
Falco feels the same.

If he had less endlag on his jab 1 to combo into the buffed usmash that's all I could ask for.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Unless there were (significant) nerfs to :4sheik: and :4cloud2:, the list of characters able to challenge them just got even shorter. :urg:
Cloud uair does 12% rather than 13%, and limit charge takes 7 seconds rather than 6 (dunno if there's any changes to how much being hit/hitting your opponent charges it)

Sheik d-throw has more knockback growth (i'm like 99% sure anecdotally, will wait on dataminers before i confirm it though), basically she got the luigi treatment.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
am i the only one that's fine with limit cross slash? it's locked behind a meter that he can be forced to use on recovery, so it doesnt really bother me much...
It's still like a mini-Final Smash though. It's incredibly safe and can kill as low as 60-70%. Your typical Cloud is still probably going to get 3-4 limit breaks in a stock too so the chances of it playing a factor in the outcome of a match are still pretty high.

Megamang

Smash Lord
OMG, if they finally fixed it so shiek doesn't have a kill confirm, and actually 'has trouble killing', ill be super happy. Unless the bayo/cloud team gets stronger in the next few months, I predict more meta growth for characters not named Shiek.

also, if shiek can't get all her kills from d-throw anymore, I'll give it 5 minutes before a complaint comes out from Zero's twitter. <3

She might actually have a meaningful weakness now, which is really great for the meta. Anti developing a shiek and Nairo worrying about switching characters had me really worried, but all is well. Seriously guys, not to toot my own horn here but i've been saying it for a while, a meta where shiek can't just d-throw you till you die will be very nice.

Last edited:

Pyr

Smash Lord
Cloud uair does 12% rather than 13%, and limit charge takes 7 seconds rather than 6 (dunno if there's any changes to how much being hit/hitting your opponent charges it)

Sheik d-throw has more knockback growth (i'm like 99% sure anecdotally, will wait on dataminers before i confirm it though), basically she got the luigi treatment.
If the numbers are big enough, that'll be huge. Losing the 50/50 would actually hurt her since her flaws would start to actually matter!

Maybe she'll know Luigi's pain! =D

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace

Apparently :4sheik: F-throw was nerfed as well D:

Edit: Also :rosalina: is looking mighty scary now that :4metaknight::4sheik:(??) been nerfed.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
OMG, if they finally fixed it so shiek doesn't have a kill confirm, and actually 'has trouble killing', ill be super happy. Unless the bayo/cloud team gets stronger in the next few months, I predict more meta growth for characters not named Shiek.

also, if shiek can't get all her kills from d-throw anymore, I'll give it 5 minutes before a complaint comes out from Zero's twitter. <3

She might actually have a meaningful weakness now, which is really great for the meta. Anti developing a shiek and Nairo worrying about switching characters had me really worried, but all is well. Seriously guys, not to toot my own horn here but i've been saying it for a while, a meta where shiek can't just d-throw you till you die will be very nice.
And Zero switches to Cloud before EVO. :troll:

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
Pitty. I'd rather have it to where sheik loses needles, invincibility on vanish and bouncing fish, and a little lag on the startup of Fair than a lose on a kill confirm.

But whatevs,

Last edited:

Shady Shaymin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-3217-2048
Any changes to bayonetta's frame .0001 air dodge? No? Well then goodnight everyone. Rest in peace to jband, abadango, and all who put work into metaknight. Brawl misses you dearly.

Here's to all the up smash reads sheik mains now have to land just to close stocks. Good luck!

NairWizard

Somewhere
If those nerfs are real (though I'll be the last to subscribe to unconfirmed possible placebo effects), Sheik wouldn't just be worse, she'd actually kind of suck. We'd be looking at Cloud as #1 and Bayo or Rosa as #2, unless the damage nerfs to ZSS somehow amp her combo ability, which seems unlikely

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Did Sheik......get nerfed?

Greninja's relevancy just took a massive spike.

Praise be, Sakurai

:150:

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
GUYS.

MEWTWO'S WEIGHT GOT INCREASED.

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
Someone check Ike's bair. I think they nerfed it. It seems to have less knockback.

Megamang

Smash Lord
I think her Fair is 'iconic' now, or at least everyone is so used to it that changing it would really make the character feel different. But having no dthrow combos means innovation is necessary, or at the very least just going for the nair or ftilt kill confirm LOL. It was just Bs when you had to watch out for grabs, tilts and aerials... what do you even do then?

Also, https://twitter.com/TSMZeRo/status/709941721539481600

R3D3MON

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KeeHwang2010
It really sucks that my second favorite got nerfed...ROFL at everybody who says MK will have a more "diverse and interesting" meta because of the nerf. It's the Luigi crisis all over again :/

Time to buy Bayo and Cloud I guess.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
If those nerfs are real (though I'll be the last to subscribe to unconfirmed possible placebo effects), Sheik wouldn't just be worse, she'd actually kind of suck. We'd be looking at Cloud as #1 and Bayo or Rosa as #2, unless the damage nerfs to ZSS somehow amp her combo ability, which seems unlikely
Zero's vids seem to confirm these changes but her followups still exist it seems (no DI accounted for though).

Megamang

Smash Lord
R3D3MON R3D3MON we will see. Diddy did change to have a much more interesting meta. MK has more mobility, which usually means more options. This new uair could create better ledgeguarding opportunities. What if uair -> dair combos, or uair -> bair? Then you could edgeguard people for hitting a uair, that'd be cool.

Certainly cooler than having to hump the ledge the entire game, or lose your stocks for being the least bit aggressive.

Apparently Shiek's needles have less range and more endlag? Maybe im being trolled. That'd be too nice.

Last edited:

R3D3MON

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KeeHwang2010
Megamang Megamang
Sadly MK is not Diddy. I think it really isn't fair to compare the two characters because they play VERY differently with wildly different tools in their disposal. For example MK does not have a banana or Diddy's d-tilt, which all still setup into guranteed kills at proper %s. This comparison is similar to people who were comparing Luigi nerfs to Diddy nerfs. Please just don't. Diddy isn't Luigi.
EDIT: All the "new options" you listed already existed before the nerf. Check out famous MK guides or the MK board, they give you this information for free (or alternatively just watch any of the top MK players doing work).

Last edited:

CHIEf

Smash Rookie
Yeah Sheik needles have like Falco laser cooldown and less range. Crazy.

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
R3D3MON R3D3MON we will see. Diddy did change to have a much more interesting meta. MK has more mobility, which usually means more options. This new uair could create better ledgeguarding opportunities. What if uair -> dair combos, or uair -> bair? Then you could edgeguard people for hitting a uair, that'd be cool.

Certainly cooler than having to hump the ledge the entire game, or lose your stocks for being the least bit aggressive.

Apparently Shiek's needles have less range and more endlag? Maybe im being trolled. That'd be too nice.
Diddy 's also just plain more versatile and can be used in many different ways than MK. MK is now more of a turtler in my eyes

Ulevo

Smash Master
To those of you who do not properly understand the implications of this change to Meta Knight, which will be most of you, I'll spell it out.

The goal with this change was not to remove his death combo. He now has the potential to do it even more consistently. The goal was to give it an appropriate risk reward ratio. Now if Meta Knight wants to combo the opponent to death and he is close to the ledge, he needs to choose between suiciding or sealing the game with the remaining stock he has, or lose a stock or the game in the process.

Enjoy.

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
Needle Storm would've been fine if they just nerfed the Knockback Growth and startup a bit. Anybody agree?

Trifroze

all is cheese, all is jank
NNID
Trifroze
ZSS' side b still doesn't really kill, but it now has an edge over zair with the tip doing 1.5% more damage and being safe against Sheik's dash attack. Maybe this move has an actual use now! I've been waiting for this buff since I started using this character.

Bnb combo is still real and janky with rage, but dthrow seems to have been changed in some way other than the damage reduction (I presume knockback was adjusted to match the old one, maybe even increased a bit).

I swear her usmash is stronger now though. dataminers pls confirm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom