• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 4BR Tier List v1.0 - Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

NairWizard

Somewhere
There won't be any more patches, they said. Final update, they said. This is the game we have to work with, they said.

HA.

Sorry but I need my moment (God do I love patches).

@Emblem Lord

*proudly accepts the SolidProphet title at this time*

*cough*

Ahem, on a more relevant note, the changes to Corrin seem to make his combos flow better. Not sure what the point of reducing Cloud's up-air by 1% damage really was, when the problem was Limit side-b all along.

Last edited:

Greward

Smash Lord
Thank you development team for stopping the dlc carnage before it started

(if they actually nerfed the right things which doesn't usually happen lol)

Nysyr

Smash Journeyman
I think people saying that Lucario vs Sheik is anywhere near even are really only getting this idea in their heads because Lucario mains are so few and far between that you never really get to Lab against the character. You could ask the Lucario boards, but most of them seem to believe the match is probably somewhere in the neighborhood of -1.5. If you play against or as him enough you begin to see how easy his kit is to read.

He relies entirely on you falling for Mix-Ups and baits, but when you see them enough it gets much easier to not fall for them.

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
we should have a Viking funeral in Metaknight's memory

also zss apparently got less damage on uair and nair

Last edited:

ARISTOS

Smash Ace
That MK nerf seems hella damaging.

Looks like balance changes aren't quite done yet. Interested to see how it plays out.

Should have begged Abadango not to do it in front of Sakurai, lol

EDIT: Pugwest is saying :4zss: Nair and Uair got 2% dmg reductions; that's insane lol

Last edited:

NotLiquid

Smash Lord

Welp

Looks like Abadango's gonna start looking for a new character now

Last edited:

Nysyr

Smash Journeyman
we should have a Viking funeral in Metaknight's memory

also zss apparently got less damage on uair and nair
If thats true, it could either make the chains not work, or it could be insanely better at comboing now like what happened with Captain Falcon's uair.....

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Er... did something happen? Why is everybody crying about Metaknight all of a sudden?

Uair sends characters at a horizontal angle now so the ladder of death is useless apparently.

Shame he was my favorite top tier...

Lol at Aba dropping him in an instant. Like at least wait more than a few minutes before making that big of a decision (unless he goes back to PAC/Wario then by all means)

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
uair angle was changed to be far more horizontal so ladder kills are essentially impossible

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
So it's true then? I don't have access to Smash 4 right now... MK's uair got a nerf? It no longer sends upwards?

Edit: oops, ninja'd... Oh well, I bet he's still fun to play. Maybe something new arises from this?

Last edited:

Trifroze

all is cheese, all is jank
NNID
Trifroze
ZSS got nerfed harder than Diddy in 1.0.6, unless this is universal for all top tiers I'm going to be quite mad.

Nair does 2% less, uair does 2% less, dthrow does 2% less. However, side b got buffed, maybe smashes too, gotta see further.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Well, looks like Meta Knight's meta is gonna have to develop in different directions now which is interesting/sad (depending on your viewpoint.)

I wonder if he got any buffs as well to help him a bit at least?

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
What on earth did they do to Meta Knight's up-air...
Funny ain't it?

Abadango takes Niconico Tokaigi with Meta Knight, an event Sakurai was at

Next patch, Meta Knight is pining for the fjords

Last edited:

Nysyr

Smash Journeyman
ZSS got nerfed harder than Diddy in 1.0.6, unless this is universal for all top tiers I'm going to be quite mad.

Nair does 2% less, uair does 2% less, dthrow does 2% less. However, side b got buffed, maybe smashes too, gotta see further.
Apart from damage, does it look like they had any angle changes? If you could check if Uair still auto chains into itself, or if they can airdodge now that would be something. I'd imagine this was very specifically to stop the ladder combo, and the safety of nair.

Ouch.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Well, looks like Meta Knight's meta is gonna have to develop in different directions now which is interesting/sad (depending on your viewpoint.)

I wonder if he got any buffs as well to help him a bit at least?
Kinda sad actually, when Luigi's D throw to cyclone nerf happened, people said "oh the Luigi Meta will develop differently now and become more interesting"

Instead it came to a stagnant halt and hasn't moved barely an inch since.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
Sakurai has yet again blessed Ike... indirectly through top tier nerfs, but I'll take it.

Smog Frog

Smash Lord
am i the only one that's fine with limit cross slash? it's locked behind a meter that he can be forced to use on recovery, so it doesnt really bother me much...

Shady Shaymin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-3217-2048
Mk's zero to death was just too much for Sakurai. I hope he watches some bayo replays on his lovely vacation as well.

nannerham

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nannerham
Someone check charizard good lord they shaved some frames off of his aerials

fair 12%->13% sweetspot 11%->12% sourspot
bair 15%-> 16%

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom