• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 4BR Tier List v1.0 - Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
9b was the strongest ice climbers player in brawl.

He doesn't count. It just proves he jives better with a character with easier death conversions.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I just want to point out something that has been bugging me for a while.

Is about Oppression vs Explosion.

I think a lot of people were okay with 1.1.4> Sheik because she was an oppressive character, she limited your options and was on your face all the time, but winning against a decent Sheik required doing the right thing like finding gaps in neutral, avoiding the 50-50, etc.
Oppression is harder to detect for the average player, since they are always running to the opponent; they get outplayed with superior tools, know the risks of an uphill battle and acknowledge they lost to a better character.

Bayonetta is not nearly as oppressive, her neutral is actually bad in comparison with the other Top Tiers; the thing is that she has an explosive gameplan, exactly the opposite as the Sheik case: she does the right things a couple of times, she wins; players might feel like their effort is wasted because they won the neutral and still don't win. I mean, I can see where they come from.
Explosion is so glaring and obvious that everyone can see it. Whether or not she fought an uphill battle against superior tools (because hers are not stellar), her ways of flipping the tables so quickly is so unconventional that it might strike people as "broken", when they're supposed to balance her weaknesses. She does need tweaks to be truly balanced, but most people's own ideas to do this tweaking shows how they want to fit her into Smash conventions taking away her explosiveness, rather than keep the character's ideal and adjust it.

Just a slight rant, might elaborate more on the matter later, right now I need to attend my own tournament.

btw, I really liked the comparison of Bayonetta and Melee Jigglypuff.
:196:

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If Ranai keeps playing the way he's been recently (apparently he's distracted with SFV?), his odds of making it far enough to have a rematch seem slim. Hopefully he can get back into shape by the summer.
I've noticed that he's had less success because Bayo and Cloud are arguably bad match ups too and are fairly common at top levels of play. Bayo's a headache and the only edge that Villager has in this match up is the prospect of killing stupidly early with hard reads. Cloud is almost everything Villager has a hard time with rolled into one character. Range. Check. Ways to quickly get in. Check. Ways to totally negate Villager's camping. Check. Hard punish options on whiffed attacks/grabs. Check. Not having to respect Villager's landing options? Check. Early edgeguarding and possible gimps are the only things keeping this match up from being a total blow out.

Last edited:

Trifroze

all is cheese, all is jank
NNID
Trifroze
Pre 1.1.5 Sheik was dumber than anything in this game right now. If she did have any weaknesses it was killing at later percents than most characters, but her neutral and damage output made it effectively not matter. Neutral is the gateway that leads to other gamestates, and why would you not rather have a broken character with an exploitable neutral than a broken character with an abusive one? Abusive neutral carries a character much further than an abusive advantage.

Komorikiri won a tournament with Bayo so early because no one knew how to play against the character, and now most people do know. If Bayo's neutral was amazing instead of her advantage, it wouldn't matter whether you knew how to play against her or not when you can't ****ing do anything, as was the case when playing versus pre 1.1.5 Sheik. It wasn't any less annoying, and I'm not saying Bayo isn't good (could be the best in the game), but she's certainly not as good as Sheik was before the latest patch and if you think she is you might need to remove the nostalgia goggles or wait for something new to be discovered.

Also something that I don't think was mentioned regarding Bayo's weaknesses is that her burst is garbage. Bad ground speed, bad rolls, bad dash grab, bad dash attack, bad rising aerials, and ABK is unsafe. There's nothing to be afraid of from Bayonetta at midrange, so you can pressure her without experiencing much pressure yourself with anyone that has decent range or burst.

Last edited:

Megamang

Smash Lord
I'd think if he was traveling to the US to play, he'd get in pretty good fighting shape to not waste the trip. I mean, visiting the US is a cool thing on its own, but ya don't want to drown in pools.

EDIT: Something I rarely see top level Bayonettas abuse is Witch Time. She may not have good burst, but you can't safely pressure her either unless you can shoot from out of WT range. She misses, you get a good minute or less of solid pressure. Maybe because its 'lame' or something, but top players mostly succeed without Witch Time. The threat of WTime alone makes it super scary to do anything 'safe pressure' wise, but of course the top characters all have crazy good neutral tools to partly change this.

What happens if Diddy's nana gets Witch Timed?

Last edited:

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
At least Falcon, ZSS, Sheik, Mac, Sonic and possibly Pikachu all have decent or better punishes that are between 29-32 frames from half an FD across. Not sure about projectiles but I'd imagine Samus' CS for instance isn't fast enough considering the startup in addition to the travel time.
I mean it really doesn't matter and it's nitpicky, but if Samus' CS isn't fast enough to punish Bayo's side b, then none of those characters except maybe Sonic, Pika, and Sheik could possibly punish CS, since they definitely don't have punish moves half the length of FD in less time than CS considering CS' very fast travel speed compared to the other charge moves other than Thoron/needles. If you think about it, if CS travels significantly faster than the characters you listed can run, then regardless of CS' startup, it's physically impossible for them to punish across the stage faster than CS. Even QA is slower. These characters aren't going to have faster cross stage punishes than CS/SS/AS/probably even Shadowball because that's one of the design purposes of those projectiles.

I think all the characters you listed can punish her landing, but I'm saying that if they can, Samus definitely can. And WFT, Lucario, Robin, etc.

Bayo's side b landing after Witch Twist isn't strictly ~27 frames either. It's as fast as the player can react to the direction Bayo dABKs, and then chasing/firing projectile after her startup to catch her landing (but we all know it isn't all that easy to do that).

Edit: Nvm, for half the stage everything I just said was wrong... Travel speed wouldn't make up the difference of startup time until we're looking at longer distances, compared to Little Mac, Bouncing Fish, etc. Regardless, CS hits Bayo during landing from half stage no problem.

Last edited:

Charoite

Smash Journeyman
Witch time post-nerf is not spammable, there is a reason why top levels bayos only use the move when the opponent is at very high percent or when they use for survivability, bayo doesn't want to stale WT becuase it loses it's purpose as a punishing tool and fear tool, in fact i think grounded Witch Twist does better the job at both.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Any match up people are looking forward to at EVO? I'm hoping for a rematch between Ranai and Zero because it was one of the best sets competitive Smash 4 has seen so far. I feel like Ranai would have beat Zero at Genesis if it weren't for Sheik's 50-50's because it felt like most of the matches came down to that. Now that Shiek doesn't have those and is lighter, I think the match up could be in Ranai's favor.
That's exactly how I felt about his set against Dabuz: the dthrow 50-50s played a huge role.
What happens if Diddy's nana gets Witch Timed?
The same thing that happens with any close range projectile. *insert oddshot of MVD at 0% throwing a banana at Bayo, getting WT'd and 0-deathed*

Pre 1.1.5 Sheik was dumber than anything in this game right now. If she did have any weaknesses it was killing at later percents than most characters, but her neutral and damage output made it effectively not matter. Neutral is the gateway that leads to other gamestates, and why would you not rather have a broken character with an exploitable neutral than a broken character with an abusive one? Abusive neutral carries a character much further than an abusive advantage.

Komorikiri won a tournament with Bayo so early because no one knew how to play against the character, and now most people do know. If Bayo's neutral was amazing instead of her advantage, it wouldn't matter whether you knew how to play against her or not when you can't ****ing do anything, as was the case when playing versus pre 1.1.5 Sheik. It wasn't any less annoying, and I'm not saying Bayo isn't good (could be the best in the game), but she's certainly not as good as Sheik was before the latest patch and if you think she is you might need to remove the nostalgia goggles or wait for something new to be discovered.

Also something that I don't think was mentioned regarding Bayo's weaknesses is that her burst is garbage. Bad ground speed, bad rolls, bad dash grab, bad dash attack, bad rising aerials, and ABK is unsafe. There's nothing to be afraid of from Bayonetta at midrange, so you can pressure her without experiencing much pressure yourself with anyone that has decent range or burst.
Yeah, to the average viewer, having a godlike neutral isn't as blatantly strong as having long, drawn out combos that deal a lot of damage or lead to death. To the average player that knows what they're doing, an oppressive neutral is much more obvious and painful. And people get upset about Bayonetta starting her combo chain and getting KOs at fairly low percents, but when ZSS gets a Nair or Bthrow into Flip Kick spike to KO at ~40%, it happens in the blink of an eye so there isn't as much time to get mad, yknow?
And I was gonna say pre-nerf Diddy was dumber, but I see you said "in the game right now" so yeah.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Someone's gonna need to post the results of Albion soon, but Cyve vs Badr in GFs with Ho bowing out at 3rd, Ixis out at 4th, Magi and S1 out at 5th (or S1 might have gone out at 7th actually).

:4ness: vs :4sonic: is bad and you should feel bad for letting that MU happen. :p Oh but everyone's busy being upset about Bayo but man Ixis counterplayed S1 hard.

Last edited:

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
While I don't give a **** about the Bayonetta argument. Why people suddenly say that she's not broken or not
Top 5?
We already know that she have a lot of issues and that she have A LOT AND A LOT of top 8 result (we even had data if I'm not wrong) The only gatekeeper that don't let her win major are the habitual top player. And even them have some problem to beat her.

Also for anybody asking "why ryo play Roui th3 ph1r3?" He did say in the roy social that he will play roy seriously, that he love roy like ike and corrin and that we will see nore from him.

which lead to my next question.

Anybody know if he used Roy/corrin until trela or not?
Yea I used Roy quite a few times in tourney.

Djent

Smash Champion
This would explain why she loses to :4megaman:, along with the fact that he has a much better grab than the other mid-range zoners. Those two things combined seem to make life hard for her.

Come to think of it, I'd like to see someone try :4miigun: in that matchup.

MistressRemilia

Smash Journeyman
Albion Top 16

1st: :Badr (:4bayonetta2::4diddy:) Lost to cyve
2nd cyve (:4diddy::4mewtwo::4bayonetta:) Lost to Badr twice
3rd: Ho ( :4bayonetta::4sheik:) Lost to Badr twice
4th: IxisNaugus (:4sonic:) Lost to Badr twice
5th: Magi (:4bowserjr::4cloud2:) Lost to cyve & IxisNaugus
5th: SevereCalamari (:4bayonetta:) Lost to Ω & Ho
7th: AfroSmash (:4samus:) Lost to Meru & SevereCalamari
7th: S1 (:4ness:) Lost to SevereCalamari & IxisNaugus
9th: Meru (:4peach::4zelda:) Lost to cyve & SevereCalamari
9th: PlasticPoptart (:4pit:) Lost to LuLLo & S1
9th: LoNgu0w (:4rob::4cloud2:) Lost to Magi & IxisNaugus
9th: Ω (:rosalina:) Lost to Magi & AfroSmash
13th: Willz (:4falcon:) Lost to S1 & SevereCalamari
13th: Kibzu~ (:4pit::4sheik:) Lost to IxisNaugus & AfroSmash
13th: Jezo (:4bayonetta2:) Lost to Yikarur & LoNgu0w
13th: Patrino (:4fox:) Lost to IxisNaugus & PlasticPoptart

Bowser Jr's not dead, at least not yet.
Please don't turn this into a Bayo pointless debate because there was 5 Bayos in Top 16, shouldn't be done here.
All i'll say is that, compared to other Bayonettas, Badr kind of exploited how Smash rewards button press by using Witch Time more than usual but usually in situations we'd consider free. Many players fell into that, and the consequence wasn't pretty, given Bayonetta's nature of doing super strong combos.

Last edited:

Mister M

Smash Apprentice
Someone's gonna need to post the results of Albion soon, but Cyve vs Badr in GFs with Ho bowing out at 3rd, Ixis out at 4th, Magi and S1 out at 5th (or S1 might have gone out at 7th actually).

:4ness: vs :4sonic: is bad and you should feel bad for letting that MU happen. :p Oh but everyone's busy being upset about Bayo but man Ixis counterplayed S1 hard.
That match up was tough. Everything is on Ness to read how sonic will approach AND exit his hit and runs.

S1 went Mario in the last match but it wasn't enough. Aparently Mario v Sonic is still in Sonics favour

Also it may be worth mentioning that Ho used Rosa and Rob to take two games off Severe Calamari's Bayonetta.

Last edited:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Please don't turn this into a Bayo pointless debate because there was 4 Bayos in Top 16.
Established fact #1: Bayonetta dominates mid- and high-mid level play;
Established fact #2: The amount of high-level players at european tournaments is low, mid- and high-mid level play reigns surpreme;

Conclusion: The results are not surprising and don't tell us anything we didn't know before.

:059:

Illuminose

Smash Ace
So, on a weekend with possibly the lowest possible chance of Bayo winning a tournament (no Japanese tour, no tour w/ Salem), a player who wasn't even top 5 in his country's PR with Diddy Kong and got 33rd at BEAST wins a tournament with some of Europe's top talent in attendance. What's even more significant is that he beat the best Diddy Kong and Sonic players in Europe, both matchups that are often considered probably Bayonetta's only disadvantageous matchups. Furthermore, each player in the top 3 used Bayonetta at least to some extent (two of them almost exclusively) alongside one other Bayonetta in top 8 and another in top 16.

TIL Bayo doesn't carry anyone

ARISTOS

Smash Ace
So, on a weekend with possibly the lowest possible chance of Bayo winning a tournament (no Japanese tour, no tour w/ Salem), a player who wasn't even top 5 in his country's PR with Diddy Kong and got 33rd at BEAST wins a tournament with some of Europe's top talent in attendance. What's even more significant is that he beat the best Diddy Kong and Sonic players in Europe, both matchups that are often considered probably Bayonetta's only disadvantageous matchups. Furthermore, each player in the top 3 used Bayonetta at least to some extent (two of them almost exclusively) alongside one other Bayonetta in top 8 and another in top 16.

TIL Bayo doesn't carry anyone
Here is your answer

Established fact #1: Bayonetta dominates mid- and high-mid level play;
Established fact #2: The amount of high-level players at european tournaments is low, mid- and high-mid level play reigns surpreme;

Conclusion: The results are not surprising and don't tell us anything we didn't know before.

Routa

Smash Lord
Is it just mii (as in "me") or did many of the Bayonetta mains use extremely unsafe options in neutral? I mean what I saw was a lot and I mean A LOT of moves that you should not throw out being thrown out.

Also Afro Smash's Samus was a thing of beauty. You rarely see such a graceful play from a Samus.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
we didn't talk much about NEW FISH but it was also a large regional that Larry Lurr won, also MVD finally didn't buster (he got 3rd)

AxelVDP

Smash Apprentice
if you want to talk **** about how bayonetta is OP and her players being carried there's an appropriate thread just for you, PLEASE do not bring that nonsense here
saying that someone placed high JUST because he was "being carried" by bayonetta sounds completely disrespectful towards her entire playerbase, I don't care if that's true or not (on some level it obviously is, if you pick a top tier who needs a lot of matchup knowledge to be fought against you are bound to perform better, that's, like, every top tier basically) or if it's a good or bad thing (which you should discuss in that other topic), posting it like that brings nothing but unwarranted hate to the table

sorry for going off topic but I kinda got triggered

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Soft-ban or not, she does have the overall strongest playerbase of any character by quite a bit right now and she's not winning major tournaments outside of a local level.
I think Sheik and Diddy have arguably better representation.

"---" indicates a possible separation between top and high/high-ish level play (not top/high for the characters' metagame, but my interpretation of "skill": decision making, dexterity, experience, and mindset). Not ordered. Maybe some of these players belong in the "top" group or the "high" group. Maybe some don't belong on the list at all. It's likely I missed some too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I tried to include anyone possibly notable for each of these chars. Incoming name searches.

-------------------Sheik-------------------
Mr R
Void
Zero
K9
Edge
Rain
Vinnie
--------------
False
Eim
Paseriman
Aki
Trevonte
Karna
Yoh
------------------Diddy--------------------
MVD
Cyve
Zero
Zinoto
Nietono
Tyrant (Secondary)
K9 (Secondary)
--------------
Dainosuke(?)
Angel Cortes
Jtails
Chrim foish
---------------Bayonetta---------------
9b
Salem
Shu
Nyanko
Komorikiri (not his "main" AFAIK)
--------------
Tyroy
Pink Fresh
[Are there any other high/top level bayonetta players?]

And for comparison, a group I consider myself fairly knowledgeable about.

---------------Rosalina---------------
Dabuz
Falln
Atelier
--------------
Kirihara (inactive)
Rayquaza (inactive)
Aphro

That's it. Like Bayonetta, she's another character that dominates mid & low-high level play. Lots of similarities to Snake, and you see where he started and ended on the tier lists.

These are all the events Bayonetta has won in Japan on 1.1.5. (Thanks to Djent Djent for the complilation) At a glance, Sumabato 9 and Karisuma 6 seem notable, though I guess technically "locals". She hasn't won anything notable in the U.S. AFAIK- then again, her top level representation in the U.S. is severely lacking.
Sumabato 9 (04/09/2016)
1) 9B :4bayonetta: (undefeated)
2) Nasubi :4wario2::4mario: (lost to 9B twice)
3) Atelier :rosalina: (lost to 9B and Nasubi)
4) Earth :4pit: (lost to Nasubi and Atelier)
5) HIKARU :4dk: (lost to Earth and Atelier)
5) Tea :4pacman::4bayonetta2: (lost to Earth twice)
7) Kie :4peach: (lost to ikep and HIKARU)
7) ikep :4bayonetta2: (lost to Atelier and Tea)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Karisuma 6 (04/03/2016)
1) 9B :4bayonetta: (lost to Taiheita)
2) Taiheita :4lucas: (lost to 9B twice)
3) Atelier :rosalina: (lost to Taiheita twice)
4) SH :4fox: (lost to Taiheita and Atelier)
5) Fuwa :4marth: (lost to Earth and Atelier)
5) HIKARU :4dk::4bowser: (lost to 9B and SH)

Hirosuma 3 (03/20/2016)
1) ikep :4bayonetta2: (lost to Nasubi)
2) Nasubi :4wario2::4mario: (lost to ikep twice)
3) 9B :4bayonetta: (lost to Ri-ma and ikep)
4) Ri-ma :4tlink: (lost to ikep and 9B)
5) FILIP :4mario: (lost to Nasubi and 9B)
5) Lagnel :4cloud2::4zss: (lost to Zoma and Ri-ma)

Shulla-bra VI (03/19/2016)
1) Hiro :4bayonetta: (undefeated)
2) Shuton :4olimar::4corrinf: (lost to Hiro twice)
3) FILIP :4mario: (lost to HIDE and Shuton)
4) Ri-ma :4tlink: (lost to Hiro and FILIP)
5) HIDE :4sonic: (lost to Shuton and Ri-ma)
5) Ken :4ganondorf: (lost to Hiro and FILIP)

Last edited:

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
Rebirth VII Top 16

1st Pulse | Zinoto :4diddy:
2nd Vinnie :4sheik:
3rd Ksev :4fox:
4th UR | Ned :4cloud2::4diddy:
5th Pulse| Loe1 :4luigi::4diddy:
5th Ge0 :4diddy:
7th DKWill :4dk:
7th GG | Nom :4corrinf:
9th Mikey Lenetia :4peach:
9th Adorable Knight :4luigi:
9th D1cks :4tlink:
9th Nero :4pikachu:
13th Viev :4zss:
13th MJG :4villagerf:
13th Fatyblob :4samus:
13th Rickles :4cloud2::4ganondorf:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
-Villager continues to net iffy results. As far as I know, Kept has the best among the character in the last month.
-LingLing, Mikey, Meru, and SlayerZ all in separate Top 16s.
-Luigi doing pretty well. Elegant, Adorable, ConCon, and Loe all netting results.

Diddy is the clear winner this weekend, by the way

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
I think Sheik and Diddy have arguably better representation.

"---" indicates a possible separation between top and high/high-ish level play (not top/high for the characters' metagame, but my interpretation of "skill": decision making, dexterity, experience, and mindset). Not ordered. Maybe some of these players belong in the "top" group or the "high" group. Maybe some don't belong on the list at all. It's likely I missed some too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I tried to include anyone possibly notable for each of these chars. Incoming name searches.

-------------------Sheik-------------------
Mr R
Void
Zero
K9
Edge
Rain
Vinnie
--------------
False
Eim
Paseriman
Aki
Trevonte
Karna
Yoh
------------------Diddy--------------------
MVD
Cyve
Zero
Zinoto
Nietono
Tyrant (Secondary)
K9 (Secondary)
--------------
Dainosuke(?)
Angel Cortes
Jtails
Chrim foish
---------------Bayonetta---------------
9b
Salem
Shu
Nyanko
Komorikiri (not his "main" AFAIK)
--------------
Tyroy
Pink Fresh
[Are there any other high/top level bayonetta players?]

And for comparison, a group I consider myself fairly knowledgeable about.

---------------Rosalina---------------
Dabuz
Falln
Atelier
--------------
Kirihara (inactive)
Rayquaza (inactive)
Aphro

That's it. Like Bayonetta, she's another character that dominates mid & low-high level play. Lots of similarities to Snake, and you see where he started and ended on the tier lists.

These are all the events Bayonetta has won in Japan on 1.1.5. (Thanks to Djent Djent for the complilation) At a glance, Sumabato 9 and Karisuma 6 seem notable. She hasn't won anything notable in the U.S. AFAIK- then again, her representation in the U.S. is lacking.
Sumabato 9 (04/09/2016)
1) 9B :4bayonetta: (undefeated)
2) Nasubi :4wario2::4mario: (lost to 9B twice)
3) Atelier :rosalina: (lost to 9B and Nasubi)
4) Earth :4pit: (lost to Nasubi and Atelier)
5) HIKARU :4dk: (lost to Earth and Atelier)
5) Tea :4pacman::4bayonetta2: (lost to Earth twice)
7) Kie :4peach: (lost to ikep and HIKARU)
7) ikep :4bayonetta2: (lost to Atelier and Tea)

Karisuma 6 (04/03/2016)
1) 9B :4bayonetta: (lost to Taiheita)
2) Taiheita :4lucas: (lost to 9B twice)
3) Atelier :rosalina: (lost to Taiheita twice)
4) SH :4fox: (lost to Taiheita and Atelier)
5) Fuwa :4marth: (lost to Earth and Atelier)
5) HIKARU :4dk::4bowser: (lost to 9B and SH)

Hirosuma 3 (03/20/2016)
1) ikep :4bayonetta2: (lost to Nasubi)
2) Nasubi :4wario2::4mario: (lost to ikep twice)
3) 9B :4bayonetta: (lost to Ri-ma and ikep)
4) Ri-ma :4tlink: (lost to ikep and 9B)
5) FILIP :4mario: (lost to Nasubi and 9B)
5) Lagnel :4cloud2::4zss: (lost to Zoma and Ri-ma)

Shulla-bra VI (03/19/2016)
1) Hiro :4bayonetta: (undefeated)
2) Shuton :4olimar::4corrinf: (lost to Hiro twice)
3) FILIP :4mario: (lost to HIDE and Shuton)
4) Ri-ma :4tlink: (lost to Hiro and FILIP)
5) HIDE :4sonic: (lost to Shuton and Ri-ma)
5) Ken :4ganondorf: (lost to Hiro and FILIP)
For Bayonetta, there's RiotLettuce (pretty dominant in FL now besides MVD), Saj (win over Nairo at Pound), Wonf (wins over Leo and top Mexican player), Rain (I heard he picked her up but IDK how much he's used Bayo), Ikep (maybe?), and a lot of strong European players seem to play her in some capacity (cyve, Rydle, Ho, Badr, Griffith, etc.) but she's kind of a pocket pick for some of them. Pretty sure my list isn't comprehensive, juddy96 juddy96 would undoubtedly be the most qualified individual to compile a list like this.

I'd really like to see more Japanese events (she seems to have slumped there recently) since the soft ban doesn't apply there. I'd also like to see how Riot performs OoP, since he seems like the next upstart Bayonetta that starts taking top players out of nowhere. She seems far more dominant right now in Europe compared to NA and Japan.

juddy96

Smash Lord
Some of the more prominent Bayo's in the USA are Tyroy (Chicago), Pink Fresh (MD/VA), Aphro (SoCal), Saj (Florida), Riot (Florida), Gadiel (Georgia), JK (Vegas), AeroLink (Texas), GrimTurtle (Texas), NinjaLink (Tristate). Most of the players were already pretty well known in their regions, with the exception of JK who literally came out of nowhere to now be 5th on the Vegas PR. All of these players have placed highly in their regions with Bayo, and you can find vods on youtube quite easily of them.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Is there link to the stream that hosted Play Mor? It had 139 entrants and has a few noteworthy people so I'm tempted to catalog it.

Illuminose

Smash Ace
Some more...complete lists I guess? re DanGR DanGR
Sheik
Mr. R
ZeRo
Void
Edge
Rain
Vinnie
-------
K9
Eim
Aki
Cacogen
False
Trevonte
Paseriman (secondary)
Diddy Kong
ZeRo
Zinoto
Nietono
Ryuji
Angel Cortes
MVD
cyve
Phogos
-----
K9 (secondary)
Tyrant (secondary)
Josh
Zex (secondary)
DJ Fliphop
Lycan
Bayonetta
9B
Salem
Shu
Nyanko
-----
ikep
Badr
tyroy
Aphro
Pink Fresh
Komorikiri
Saj
Griffith
NinjaLink
Rydle
RiotLettuce
Wonf
Trevonte
Gluttony (secondary)
Ho
cyve (secondary)
JK
My general conclusion is that Bayonetta has a lot more high level representatives than Sheik or Diddy, but fewer top level representatives. This really shows the impact of the so-caled soft ban imn the states imo. She is getting big victories and placings in Japan and Europe, but her top level representation in the US is lacking because top players aren't using her.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Diddy showing a pretty convincing case for the number one spot in the meta.

HoSmash4

Smash Ace
Bayo is OP fam!

ye I agree bayo dominates mid-high level play really hard and no top reps atm but that still isn't ok. I still think the top bayonettas are lacking something atm respectively and she is still not ok.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Rebirth VII Top 16

Who did DKWill lose to?
-Villager continues to net iffy results. As far as I know, Kept has the best among the character in the last month.
-LingLing, Mikey, Meru, and SlayerZ all in separate Top 16s.
-Luigi doing pretty well. Elegant, Adorable, ConCon, and Loe all netting results.

Diddy is the clear winner this weekend, by the way
Fox is also a winner this weekend, with Larry Lurr getting 1st at New Fish (Beating Ally) and Xzax getting 5th.

Ryu also is a winner because of Trela

juddy96

Smash Lord
Is there link to the stream that hosted Play Mor? It had 139 entrants and has a few noteworthy people so I'm tempted to catalog it.
There was no stream for that event. I can find out t16 characters pretty easily tho. What other events did u catalog this weekend?

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Dudes that win major **** lately:

:4bayonetta::4diddy: :4fox: :4megaman: :4mewtwo: :4ryu: :4sonic:

Dudes that do not win major **** lately:

:4cloud2: :rosalina:

Sorry that I'm late, but I fixed this for you.

Rebirth VII Top 16

I see a little Ganondorf just happened to sneak his way into that. Now if he can start getting into more top 16s at a frequent pace, he'd stick out like a sore thumb saying, "I'm not Bottom Tier, guys!"

Appledees

Smash Apprentice
Except its not solo Ganon so its not that big of a deal

that and ganon is still bad lol

juddy96

Smash Lord
Ok so I just got the characters confirmed by Master Raven

1) Riot :4bayonetta::4dk:
2) Josh :4diddy:
3) NickRiddle :4zss::4bowser:
4) Dath :4robinf:
5) Myran :4olimar:
5) DJ Jack :4ryu:
7) 8BitMan :4rob:
7) Master Raven :4sheik:
9) Seibrik :4cloud2:
9) True Blue :4sonic:
9) TrueDimentioKirby :4bayonetta:
9) Snorley :4wario2:
13) Son :4lucas:
13) Leo Heart :4mewtwo:
13) Yung Zootie :4rob:
13) Tremendo Dude :4shulk:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Fox is also a winner this weekend, with Larry Lurr getting 1st at New Fish (Beating Ally) and Xzax getting 5th.
Fox usually has this one weekend each month where a few of his mains attend big tournaments at the same time. Last month had Sodrek, Megafox and Larry winning a tournament each and SH placing well, this time you have Larry winning, Ksev take 3rd and Xzax place well. I think he places pretty consistently as 4th or 5th on these rankings that Das Koopa Das Koopa works on each month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom