• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 4BR Tier List v1.0 - Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
You can't say ganon has 'no results' when there's ganons in a ton of different region's PRs. Vex & GTB dominated their region with ganon, Opana is starting to make waves in NY, Ray Kalm does well in a very tough region, Adom got 33rd at Beast, etc.
But remember, everyone ignores anything good Ganondorf can do.

Next Post will be about Samus and People Underrating Her.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Palutena is one of the cases where moderate mobility buffs would create a large difference, mainly because of dthrow to uair but obviously for general offense/evasiveness and for chaining other aerials into each other as well.

I'd be surprised if she doesn't get the Ike/Mewtwo treatment eventually considering how slow and laggy all her tilts and smashes are for example, how her specials aren't the most functional ones in the cast and how she hasn't been doing well on higher level either. Nothing about her moveset shouts "abusive" and whatever database the team uses for balance changes is probably in line with that thought.

They have been buffing her fair without touching her smashes, which might be foreshadowing at least the Ike treatment, although she'd probably benefit more from the Mewtwo one.
I mean, Palutena was kinda supposed to be the poster character for custom specials. I always felt like she was designed with moves like Super Speed and Lightweight in mind, and her default move set being "bad" on purpose as a way to get people to use customs.

Lightweight already kinda does what you mentioned there, improving her mobility and letting her do more follow ups.

Last edited:

BunbUn129

Smash Ace
Like seriously, come on. Stop discrediting players and their characters, especially when they are doing good. I feel pretty confident that there are no 70-30 or 100-0 MU's in this game. Worst I could say would 65-35. Most characters have a good shot against each other. This game isn't perfect, but it's pretty close for the most part to balanced.
Saying there are no MU's worse than 65-35 is delusional. Meta Knight himself had a large number of hard counter 70-30 or worse MU's, many of which were floaties due to their physics ****ing them over against uairs (Rosa) and their generally slow recoveries (Luigi, Kirby). Meta Knight still has such advantageous MU's against Rosa and other floaties because uairs still work, and you could argue that these have actually gotten more favorable for him with the fair buff. His heavyweight MU's were easily 70-30 because all of them turned into punching bags. Bayonetta carries this on, and hard counters a large number of characters, particularly larger-sized characters.

While this is no longer the case, Sheik had a long list of 70-30's and more prior to the nerf, one of them being a top tier ffs.

Nobie mentioned Little Mac, and it's safe to say he loses many MU's 70-30 or worse due to his horrid recovery and overall disadvantage state. Off the top of my head, these are MU's that are very possibly 70-30 or more one-sided:

:4metaknight: vs floaties, particularly :rosalina:, and an honorable mention to :4littlemac: for getting paid to die offstage
:rosalina: vs :4ness:
:4cloud2: vs :4wario2::rosalina:
:4bayonetta: vs anyone big and with bad landing options :4bowser::4dedede::4dk:

To name a few. I mean, it's not Brawl where you had the beauty that was :popo:vs:ganondorf:, but there are some miserable MU's still.

Last edited:

Zelder

Smash Journeyman
And before people assume this is a dig on Smash 4 or a mark against it, most fighting games, even modern ones, have a couple of 70-30/blow up matches. Hell, any game that has a grappler archetype and a zoner archetype probably has a 70-30 at least (eyyyy O. Sagat vs Zangief don't hurt em baby). It's just the nature of making a fighting game with varying characters and varying tools.

Last edited:

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
70-30 definitely exists and Bayo herself could probably count the number she has on at least one hand. Make no mistake, this game still has blow out match ups.
There is no way you can try fighting a competent Bayonetta as certain characters and say that there aren't blowout matchups in this game. There are definitely 70-30s without Bayo, but I'm not sure if anyone outside of her has MUs that are more lopsided than that. I doubt Ganon-Bayo would ever be remotely decent simply because I don't think Bullet Climax is getting nerfed soon, and that move is insanely bad for Ganon while not being that much of an issue for most chars. Wizkick can beat it at midrange, but it's still not that scary, while Bayo's ability to punish after baiting it out is, and will be as long as her design is combo-based.
:4bayonetta: vs anyone big and with bad landing options :4bowser::4dedede::4dk:
D3 almost certainly loses 30-70 or worse. DK I don't know. Bowser doesn't do too badly, since he does respectably well in neutral thanks to Tough Guy ignoring Bullet Climax, and Bayonetta's physics make her pretty vulnerable to his throw combos. Disadvantage is bad news for him as always, but his strengths elsewhere are very effective in this MU, and give him a decent shot at winning. Charizard I'd guess is either 35-65 or 40-60 against her, as he has the right tools and mobility to actually play the MU, but doesn't punish as hard as Bowser and is a big target. If he can DI out of ceiling combos and punish with Fly with any degree of reliability that could help, but I haven't really labbed that stuff.

BunbUn129

Smash Ace
Smash has varying play styles; each character has their own physics and properties; and there are mechanics that each character can take advantage of to varying degrees of success. There are so many variables in play that neither nor the developers can be aware of. When you bring all these play styles together, and put them in an environment with game mechanics that favor certain play styles more than others, you are bound to get a lot of hard counters.

Smash's focus on movement and its more platforming-based design gives an advantage to faster characters, and this shows in all the tier lists in every game: the farther you go down, the slower the characters get (though there are exceptions like Falco in Melee and Brawl). It's also a reason why a character like Meta Knight, who received heavy nerfs to his array of neutral options (AC fair, Nado, dair camping, d tilt), still has a good neutral game in Smash 4, because the game rewards him for the simple fact that he has good movement.

The removal of exploits like chain-grabbing and edge-hogging do serve to balance the game and these play styles, but so long as different play styles exist in the first place, there is never going to be a Smash game--or any fighting game--that doesn't have one-sided MU's.

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
I'ma discredit the wins of all mid and especially low tier characters by saying they benefit a lot more from the MU inexperience of their opponents than people playing high tiers and the like. Cause it's true.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Like seriously, come on. Stop discrediting players and their characters, especially when they are doing good. I feel pretty confident that there are no 70-30 or 100-0 MU's in this game. Worst I could say would 65-35. Most characters have a good shot against each other. This game isn't perfect, but it's pretty close for the most part to balanced.
Ryu vs Falco

Your move homie.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Try Wario vs Cloud if you think there are no 3/7 matchups in this game.

TTTTTsd TTTTTsd

OK, let's be real for a moment here. Which ten characters are actually legitimtately worse than Doctor Mario? Don't forget that between the first time Doc started to get some positive attention, two patches have dropped that buffed Bowser, Robin, Marth, Lucina and Charizard among the characters that are in competition here.
Also, enjoy arguing with the mains of the characters you bring up because chances are that they'll have the same attitude that most players have: "I understand some characters *have* to be bottom 10 but certainly not mine!" I don't know who I'd put in bottom 10 to keep Doc out of there, Doc *is* pretty bad and sub mid-tier.

:059:

BunbUn129

Smash Ace
Try Wario vs Cloud if you think there are no 3/7 matchups in this game.

TTTTTsd TTTTTsd

OK, let's be real for a moment here. Which ten characters are actually legitimtately worse than Doctor Mario? Don't forget that between the first time Doc started to get some positive attention, two patches have dropped that buffed Bowser, Robin, Marth, Lucina and Charizard among the characters that are in competition here.
Also, enjoy arguing with the mains of the characters you bring up because chances are that they'll have the same attitude that most players have: "I understand some characters *have* to be bottom 10 but certainly not mine!" I don't know who I'd put in bottom 10 to keep Doc out of there, Doc *is* pretty bad and sub mid-tier.

Well for sure :4jigglypuff::4ganondorf::4dedede::4zelda: are all worse. :4feroy: is very likely there. :4falco: is in bottom 10 in my opinion; he has a similar playstyle to Doc, and both suffer from poor mobility. However, Doc gets more reward with actual kill confirms, though this advantage is offset by his worse recovery, so it's hard to tell who's worse. So that's 6 other than Doc in bottom 10.

Last edited:

MistressRemilia

Smash Journeyman
The thing about Doc is not so much about theory: I understand why you may want to place him in Bottom 10 ( That's still kind of absurd to think that just because of buffs, some previously bottom 5 charas are suddenly better than a character with Mario's frame data & a very strong kill confirm & a niche in the metagame )

Practice is what puts Doc outside of Bottom 10.
Many contenders for Bottom 10 never had the chance to even show they were able to do something, especially not counterpicking. Doc has been the secondary of Nairo to earn him a win vs the best Pikachu in the world: Esam, as well as the secondary of Koolaid, which he uses for some rough matchups & has wins over Dungan, who's a good Fox.
Doc has a proven niche as possible counterpick for some characters, it's not hard to see how some matchups could also be very doable for Doc. ( Mario, Villager & Ness are the main characters that come in my mind )
That alone should be enough to put above a few characters who may be in theory more solid than him, but never had the chance to prove it at a strong enough level: I can actually think of a decent amount of characters.
That being said, with the recent buffs to a good amount of the cast & his inability to be solo-mained due to how some other matchups are extremely bad for him, Doc won't reach any higher than Bottom 20 or so, but he's still decent.

The "buff stigma" is extremely annoying, characters may have received significants buffs that have strengthened their pros, but they may be still as flawed as ever, which ultimately may not let them do any better in most matchups due to said struggle, and consequently remaining at around the same spot.

Also, when did Shulk stopped being Bottom 10? May i remind of his weak exposure? Of his repeated failures to show any kind of capacity in competitive Smash 4 right now? Theory's a thing, but it shouldn't derive us from the truth: Shulk so far hasn't done much aside from being dropped by good players who were unable to do much with this character.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Ganonthebeast isn't even 18, he's like 15 or 16? of course he isn't flying anywhere.

:150:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Well for sure :4jigglypuff::4ganondorf::4dedede::4zelda: are all worse. :4feroy: is very likely there. :4falco: is in bottom 10 in my opinion; he has a similar playstyle to Doc, and both suffer from poor mobility. However, Doc gets more reward with actual kill confirms, though this advantage is offset by his worse recovery, so it's hard to tell who's worse. So that's 6 other than Doc in bottom 10.
I'm pretty sure that Roy isn't Bottom 10 in my opinion ( Totally not biased /s) Especially when you look at the Roy result thread where Neath do extremely well in France and is 11Th in the french PR where Top-tiers are everywhere

inb4 : ''Little scene'' ''Not relevant''

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
@Ghebwiththecrazytildestuff (how tf do I tag you) Chars worse than Doc? I'll bite. Mind you it's all opinion and I really don't care about having to argue with the mains of whatever character because I'd be more than happy to be convinced otherwise. Here goes....

Ganon, Roy, Zelda, Puff, D3, Falco. (Hell pretty much anyone in that tier you slapped him in bar Samus. Maybe even Little Mac, dunno bout that though.)

Not 10 but I think that's a satisfactory number. Lumping him in with characters like Zelda is incredibly misleading and I do think that's actually understating what the character has. All of the characters in that same area you put him in would just die to have grab kill confirms on a lot of the most relevant characters in the game (including Bayonetta, ZSS, Sheik (who got even easier with a wider window thanks to the weight nerfs) and ZSS). Look at everything he's surrounded with there and tell me his MUs against the relevant chars bar like, Sonic and Rosa aren't just better. (I don't think Samus should be in that group either btw but I want more data.)

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I find it interesting that people accept Link to be much worse than Toon Link but think Dr.Mario isn't too far from Mario. The former both lack the mobility of the latter as their main downside in comparison.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I find it interesting that people accept Link to be much worse than Toon Link but think Dr.Mario isn't too far from Mario. The former both lack the mobility of the latter as their main downside in comparison.
I think a large deal of it is the bomb play differences, general bomb differences, and the fact that both Mario and Doc have ridiculously nutty frame data (with Doc's being slightly worse only because of Dair, but all of his moves bar Dair, Nair and Uair are objectively better than Mario's anyways so it offsets itself). Link's frame data is kinda bleh and I mean his mobility isn't astoundingly terrible but Doc is carried pretty hard by his moveset tbh.

I should also point out that outside of Nair, Doc's moves either have the same if not MORE active frames than Mario (this is partially why his Bair is so amazing outside of the extended clean hit duration vs. Mario)

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Nvm

Last edited:

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Again....People don't know what they think they do....so trying to convince those who don't even play/have any knowledge of Link....good luck.

But yea the mobility difference is one of the few things, because does Link not have essentially the same kill confirms Tink does off bombs, but because he is a lot slower it's much harder to do? Just curious

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
That's the wonderful thing with this smash game.

There so much little gap between the Middle/Low/Bottom character that i think you can't really class them. And that's a good thing. Even if the Top/High tiers are still better and have better toolkit, the Middle/Low/Botton still have a chance.

In Melee the gap is big, like REALLY BIG which is why when a low-tier hero beat Just a middle/high tiers the crowd is hype.

When in Smash 4 people won't be this surprised because there isn't a technicaly a BAD character.

So at the end of the day we just look at the result and make a tiers list.

Last edited:

Ninety

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure that Roy isn't Bottom 10 in my opinion ( Totally not biased /s) Especially when you look at the Roy result thread where Neath do extremely well in France and is 11Th in the french PR where Top-tiers are everywhere

Interesting. Do you have any tournament sets from him? I'd like to see some top-level Roy play.

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
Again....People don't know what they think they do....so trying to convince those who don't even play/have any knowledge of Link....good luck.

But yea the mobility difference is one of the few things, because does Link not have essentially the same kill confirms Tink does off bombs, but because he is a lot slower it's much harder to do? Just curious
Yes. In fact, I think Link's bombs are better.

Last edited:

MistressRemilia

Smash Journeyman
Pretty much been the contrary for me.
We accept that Mario's a top tier while we're MidLow at the very best. What we can't let happen is people considering us nearly as bad as the likes of characters considered unviable despite:
- Almost the entirety of our moveset, since it's Mario's.
- People praising superheavies once they get those wonderful kill confirm? Guess what, Doc has one on half of the top tiers, and floaties open up such things as Jab mixups becoming true confirms, so it's not that bad on the other side.
- With so little exposure, we've accomplished a decent amount of things: Enough to prove that we had good matchups vs characters that actually matter & are used & may give trouble to YOUR main.

We're seriously not asking for much: just not be thrown with the unviables because while we can't be solid on our own w/out a secondary, we're worth using vs some top tiers. There's probably a bit of bias in what i'm saying, but you'd prob feel the same if you dedicated yourself to a character who's been neglected for months until Top/Semi-Top level players showed pretty much why he's worth using after all, and we're back to that neglection.

BunbUn129

Smash Ace

This pretty much goes back to the "someone has to be bottom tier" reasoning. While I'm sure Roy does have some results (considering someone like Ganon does), his theory is bad. Little Mac is considered bottom 15, and for largely the same reasons as Roy--poor disadvantage thanks to being combo food with a lack of landing options and a poor recovery, so going by this, I think it is safe to say Roy is bottom 10, but at the higher end of it. But, hey, Smash 4 bottom 10 isn't as bad a Melee or Brawl bottom 10...

The same applies to Falco. He has some results but bad theory.

Last edited:

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Who says that? Most people think Mario is high tier and Doc is low-mid, which is probably about right. The only thing at play here is Link's low tier stigma, when he isn't really one. Both of them have around 15 or so chars worse than them imo, namely :4bowserjr::4charizard::4dedede::4duckhunt::4falco::4ganondorf::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4littlemac::4lucina::4palutena::4feroy::4samus::4shulk::4zelda:. (Most of these characters I don't actually think are that bad so it shouldn't be taken as a slight)

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
This pretty much goes back to the "someone has to be bottom tier" reasoning. While I'm sure Roy does have some results (considering someone like Ganon does), his theory is bad. Little Mac is considered bottom 15, and for largely the same reasons as Roy--poor disadvantage thanks to being combo food with a lack of landing options and a poor recovery, so going by this, I think it is safe to say Roy is bottom 10, but at the higher end of it. But, hey, Smash 4 bottom 10 isn't as bad a Melee or Brawl bottom 10...

The same applies to Falco. He has some results but bad theory.
But then we have another problem.
When somebody want to actively enter the scene to win, they will look to the better character, or high tier in the tiers list. But then at this moment the metagame of other character kind of freeze because nobody want to play them, and it's sad, especialy in a game like Smash4 where the gap between each tiers is small, But this gap might grow because of the freezing metagame of certain character thanks to the player wanting to play the highest tiers.
( I especialy think of :4lucas:and:4bowserjr:)

But sometime miracle can happen :4mewtwo:

BunbUn129

Smash Ace
But then we have another problem.
When somebody want to actively enter the scene to win, they will look to the better character, or high tier in the tiers list. But then at this moment the metagame of other character kind of freeze because nobody want to play them, and it's sad, especialy in a game like Smash4 where the gap between each tiers is small, But this gap might grow because of the freezing metagame of certain character thanks to the player wanting to play the highest tiers.
( I especialy think of :4lucas:and:4bowserjr:)

But sometime miracle can happen :4mewtwo:
Well, I guess that's a sad reality of tier lists. But of course there are characters who break this rule and explode into the higher tiers (:4metaknight::4mewtwo:).

It should be noted that players don't just look at a tier placement and decide; play style preference also matters. I couldn't play :4sheik: pre-patch as well as MK despite her being better, and that's because that play style didn't suit me. But then this brings up another point: multiple characters share the same play style, and of course, some will rank higher than others, so there's often little reason to play a low-tier when a high-tier has that same play style you're looking for.
That sadly hurts a lot of characters, including :4feroy:: you want a fast, combo-centric swordsman? MK is better. You want a long-ranged swordsman? Cloud and Ike are there, along with most other swordsmen. You want a hard-hitting swordsman? Well, Cloud and Ike are there again.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Well, I guess that's a sad reality of tier lists. But of course there are characters who break this rule and explode into the higher tiers (:4metaknight::4mewtwo:).

It should be noted that players don't just look at a tier placement and decide; play style preference also matters. I couldn't play :4sheik: pre-patch as well as MK despite her being better, and that's because that play style didn't suit me. But then this brings up another point: multiple characters share the same play style, and of course, some will rank higher than others, so there's often little reason to play a low-tier when a high-tier has that same play style you're looking for.
That sadly hurts a lot of characters, including :4feroy:: you want a fast, combo-centric swordsman? MK is better. You want a long-ranged swordsman? Cloud and Ike are there, along with most other swordsmen. You want a hard-hitting swordsman? Well, Cloud and Ike are there again.
I guess that when you played 3 year of melee with :roymelee: , :4feroy: can't feel like a bottom tier.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~

I'm not going to argue with people about D3 being bottom 10. In fact, I agree emphatically. I just disagree with the notion of him scraping the absolute bottom of the barrel (i.e. belonging in his own tier of bad with like, 4 other characters). Results and theory kind of support this atm.

Course, this more has to do with how the list we have is currently structured with fifty bajillion segments, but I digress.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I honestly just didn't bother to differentiate between tiers past a certain point. The thing I posted was really just a rough draft, if I actually made a "real" tier list [which is something I'd consider pretentious and won't do anytime soon] I'd probably break **** down into dozens of tiers.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Look, I was going to argue that Samus is nowhere near low or bottom tier due to the buffs she had that make her a threat to even high tiers and top tiers (*cough*Cloud*cough*), but that'll have to be saved for later.

Who says that? Most people think Mario is high tier and Doc is low-mid, which is probably about right. The only thing at play here is Link's low tier stigma, when he isn't really one. Both of them have around 15 or so chars worse than them imo, namely :4bowserjr::4charizard::4dedede::4duckhunt::4falco::4ganondorf::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4littlemac::4lucina::4palutena::4feroy::4samus::4shulk::4zelda:. (Most of these characters I don't actually think are that bad so it shouldn't be taken as a slight)
Link definitely has a lot of characters he definitely surpasses, up to the point where he should be considered a middle tier. However, your thoughts of Falco and Samus being worse than him are indefinitely incorrect; Samus can be worse than him in the MU, but overall, Samus is better than Link, and Falco is probably around the same placement as Link. However, Link is most likely a lower middle tier character who can be around the 28th to 33rd positions, whereas I believe Samus would be around 23rd to 27th and Falco around 29th to 35th. I'll have to explain later when I'm at home and can do an in-depth of Samus, Link and Falco, who all three I main the most out of my 10 primaries.

R3D3MON

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KeeHwang2010
While I do agree Luigi is not high tier, I wouldn't say he is doing super badly.

Mr. CC went toe to toe with VoiD's Sheik before the nerfs in a set (And probably a few other times IIRC). F-air and needles were a pain for Luigi back then. And both got nerfed.

Didn't J. Miller got Top 3 in a regional?

Mr. CC had also topped Top 32 in major tourneys before 1.1.5. (25th IIRC)

Not gonna argue about his bad MUs tho. He has plenty. But a lot of those are rare in actual tourneys and none of them are actually 'ban this ****' type of MU. His problem actually lies in lack of representation. We only have Mr. CC who is doing serious work with him in major tourneys. The rest all don't travel.

Also, his results were nothing to brag about after APEX (After the hype ended). Just throwing that out because I practically see NOBODY but Mr. CC actually placing afterwards. So his results didn't exactly fall off a cliff, more like his results were lacking to begin with.
I think Sheik is still a bad MU for Luigi because of her dominance in Luigi, and her ability to still wall Luigi out with Needles and f-air. Luigi just cannot contest with those moves :/

Actually I don't think Luigi has too many problems with representation. Besides Con Con there is Poke, Boss, DMG James, and others (I have no idea if Shel and LOE1 still play Luigi or dropped him for other characters. Can someone clarify?). Of course Con Con is likely by far the best Luigi, but other high level Luigis do exist and they do travel. For example at the most recent U.S. national (Pound VI), there were DMG James and Boss in attendance. The results, however, were rather disappointing: Boss drowned in pools and James got 25th, which is not really something to write home about (especially for a character that is still considered to have "multitude of options and a potent grab game" by many people in the community and this thread). Luigi got outplaced by characters like Megaman and Marth, who are both considered to be worse than Luigi by many people.

I think J.Miller got top 2 actually, being beaten by Ixis (Sonic Main who is currently power-ranked #1 in London). And yea, Con Con got 25th at EVO 2015 IIRC.

I agree that his results were lacking from the start. Too many characters that can shut him down in neutral means his grab threat becomes significantly less threatening. Even at Apex his top placements were 17th (J.Miller using only Luigi) and 13th (False dual-maining Luigi and Sheik at that time). Results were lackluster from the beginning, and because of the nerf results are even worse at all levels of gameplay (especially mid and high).

Sakurai please fix this character.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I guess. I have some link in my bookmark. He's really fun to see!

No disrespect to this man Neath....

But ol boy was blocking moves that were legit like -10 on shield or worse and ROLLING AWAY.

What in the actual ****?

R3D3MON

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KeeHwang2010
Y2Kay Y2Kay
Then why did they even nerf him in the first place. They probably should have thought about actual compensation for the character.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Y2Kay Y2Kay
Then why did they even nerf him in the first place. They probably should have thought about actual compensation for the character.
Luigi just isn't that great now. He's average with exploitable flaws. He's got strengths and he has weaknesses.

R3D3MON

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KeeHwang2010
Y2Kay Y2Kay
It's not like these same weaknesses existed pre-patch...oh wait.

Last edited:

BunbUn129

Smash Ace
I mean, I don't think Luigi deserved easy-bake KO set-ups; and none of the nerfed characters have been properly compensated. That's the point of a nerf: to make a character worse by removing a degrading element in their moveset, and the devs aren't going to fully compensate someone like Luigi, Diddy, Sheik etc. The compensation buffs that have been given are more of "lol sorry about that, take this." MK's 4 frame lag reduction on fair is significant, but it ain't no game-changer, and it isn't gonna make up for a nerf to the single best punish in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom