• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3DS Community Patch Notes v1.0.4 -- Engine Changes to DI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meloetta Star

Smash Rookie
NNID
Taruzard
3DS FC
3110-5198-0358
Thanks Thinkaman!
That seems pretty silly, though :p
I guess it just misses smaller characters.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
idk if its just me but it feel like range on meta knight's down air and up air have slightly increased range. it may be me just wanting this but did anyone else notice this? IMO thats what meta knight needs most.
Someone already posted that the range is the same, but the graphics are shorter and match the range better.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Also I saw that Mac's aerial side b is slower? But it isn't.
Sorry if the notes were unclear.

The completion time is the same. The horizontal travel speed is slower, resulting in less distance travelled. (Slightly.)

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Anybody got any quick test requests before I have to go off to sleep soon?

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Has someone tested true pivot?
See if maybe they gave invincibility frames to Explosive Punch or Nayru's Passion to match the defaults.

AyeYoDeji

Smash Rookie
NNID
AyeYoDeji
3DS FC
2337-5487-0135
Someone already posted that the range is the same, but the graphics are shorter and match the range better.
i understand that, i read the post. I just wanted to know if anyone tested it for themselves and noticed this.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Has someone tested true pivot?
See if maybe they gave invincibility frames to Explosive Punch or Nayru's Passion to match the defaults.
Perfect pivoting still in.
EJP still lacks invuln.
Don't have Nayru's Passion unlocked.

i understand that, i read the post. I just wanted to know if anyone tested it for themselves and noticed this.
Feels the same to me.

Last edited:

Zyrac

Smash Rookie
Signing up just to post this because why not:
I'm pretty sure Villager's up smash is in fact stronger now. I wrote on SmashWiki a while back that it KO'd at 145% (against Mario on FD in training), but I tried the same test on 1.04 and now it's more like 130%. Can someone with both versions please verify this?
Oh, and I know it's been said a bunch of times, but just to reinforce the point, slingshot damage has NOT changed.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
See many people saying KO punch meter maxed at ~80%. You guys gotta understand that there are 2 factors that go into the meter: one for taking damage and one for dishing out damage. In a match on average, the dishing out damage part counts for a fifth of the meter (small amount), which is why you supposedly max at 80%. If you take damage the entire match, the meter will max at 100%. Go to training mode and see for yourself.

Last edited:

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Signing up just to post this because why not:
I'm pretty sure Villager's up smash is in fact stronger now. I wrote on SmashWiki a while back that it KO'd at 145% (against Mario on FD in training), but I tried the same test on 1.04 and now it's more like 130%. Can someone with both versions please verify this?
Oh, and I know it's been said a bunch of times, but just to reinforce the point, slingshot damage has NOT changed.
First off, welcome to SmashBoards! Second, I heard that the damage you do in Training Mode is not the same as normal modes. You might want to retry that in solo (or group if you have a friend with one) to confirm that.

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Holy crap, would people PLEASE stop posting ever little impression they have that something vaguely--

Hm.

Oh.

It kills at 128% in 1.0.4, and 140% at 1.0.3.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

popsofctown

Smash Champion
First off, welcome to SmashBoards! Second, I heard that the damage you do in Training Mode is not the same as normal modes. You might want to retry that in solo (or group if you have a friend with one) to confirm that.
I think it's the same, there's just no stale queue or rage.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
It seems like with each patch Palutena gets less and less end lag, by the end of Smash 4's life span she's going to be Turbo Mode incarnate.

On a more serious note it's nice to see Shulk getting buffs, I still gotta practice with him but I'm waiting for Smash Wii-U before doing so.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
It seems like with each patch Palutena gets less and less end lag, by the end of Smash 4's life span she's going to be Turbo Mode incarnate.

On a more serious note it's nice to see Shulk getting buffs, I still gotta practice with him but I'm waiting for Smash Wii-U before doing so.
...this is the first patch that actually addresses balance, what are you talking about? Also she's already about as close to turbo mode as anyone gets in this game - hello Super Speed, hello Lightweight. Tilt buffs are a welcome change, they were easily among her worst attacks (yet ftilt hilariously remains unchanged) and are at least a tiny bit more useable now.

Last edited:

Ashton Grey

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2466-2016-9665
I'm not sure if it's been brought up yet, but has anyone noticed Charizard's Flare Blitz changed a little? I used to be able to power through most projectiles, but in particular I found Mario's Fireball stopping the Blitz and causing the explosion early.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I'm not sure if it's been brought up yet, but has anyone noticed Charizard's Flare Blitz changed a little? I used to be able to power through most projectiles, but in particular I found Mario's Fireball stopping the Blitz and causing the explosion early.
I am getting identical side-by-side behavior against Fireball and all of Samus's projectiles.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
...this is the first patch that actually addresses balance, what are you talking about? Also she's already about as close to turbo mode as anyone gets in this game - hello Super Speed, hello Lightweight. Tilt buffs are a welcome change, they were easily among her worst attacks (yet ftilt hilariously remains unchanged) and are at least a tiny bit more useable now.
The previous patches had balance changes, balancing may not have been the priority in the last few patches but they were certainly there. Also I was only making jokes about the Palutena thing.

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Really? I could've sworn Palutena felt a little faster after 1.0.3
There were absolutely zero gameplay changes to any character. This is why replays didn't break; it was exactly the same.

Dantarion's data dump also confirmed this.

Ace Turner

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3540-1026-7348
You can DACUS in sm4sh? lol what? who is DACUSing on their 3ds? lol what?

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
omg dacus confirmed, get hyped.

You guys tell me when Thinkaman will be done flipping his ****.

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
Aw, Mario and Sheik both nerfed! Those were two of my mains! At least Ganondorf, who I'm already better at than those two, got a buff.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
For Pac-Man it's not just that the fresh bair no longer sends it flying, it's that the hydrant in general is sturdier. It takes more hits to send it flying.

Also, Pac Man's upsmash has more ending lag :(

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
For :4megaman:

Hey can somebody with the ability to record frame data check these? they have been reported by several people, so we're trying to be scientific. Alternatively, if somebody can do a side by side video somehow, that'd work great too

Hypotheses:
Possibly less landing lag on fair (to be tested)
Possibly faster startup on dsmash (to be tested)

Frame data from previous releases (per @Doval 's thread on the MM board):

Flame Blast (Down Smash Attack)
Hit: 19
IASA: 79

Flame Sword (Forward Air Attack)
Hit: 9
IASA: 41
Landing lag (per the compendium): 19

Last edited:

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
For Pac-Man it's not just that the fresh bair no longer sends it flying, it's that the hydrant in general is sturdier. It takes more hits to send it flying.

Also, Pac Man's upsmash has more ending lag :(
"I think - can someone confirm?" Is what you should add after statements like these. Don't misinform the MANY readers who are reading this thread. Thank you

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Confirming Mario u-tilt nerf from 6.25 to 5.5. Confirming Mario Jab and b-throw are the same.

Hypotheses:
Possibly less landing lag on fair (to be tested)
Possibly faster startup on dsmash (to be tested)
Confirming that these are false, unchanged.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Confirming that Pac-Man u-smash does have more ending lag.

D-smash and f-smash do not.

Z3N1TH

Smash Cadet
NNID
MadZenith
3DS FC
4399-2206-0442
No changes found for Falcon at all?
That's pretty wild. But i guess he didn't have any glaring flaws or weaknesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom