• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3/28/09 GIGABITS - A Smashing Good Brawl

nevershootme

Smash Master
mickey. i don't care who you are, but after your actions occured during gigs im banning u from watching any videos i upload. your sonic is not as entertaining as malcolm

there is one video of kith vs polmex, but it's deep within the live stream taht was recorded and lasts for 3 hours... i still can't figure out how to extract it

Deadweight

Smash Ace
there is one video of kith vs polmex, but it's deep within the live stream taht was recorded and lasts for 3 hours... i still can't figure out how to extract it
Have the stream run on your desktop and use a screen recorder ^__^ The quality would be the poops but its better than nothing

Mickey69

Smash Apprentice
mickey. i don't care who you are, but after your actions occured during gigs im banning u from watching any videos i upload. your sonic is not as entertaining as malcolm
what actions exactly are you referring to? Because if you're another ignorant person whos judging me right off the bat, believing false rumors and treating someone who you know nothing about like an ******* for a reason that all you know NEVER HAPPENED (which is true, it never happened) then you're just another fool. This goes for everybody, people who don't know me are attacking me for something I never did. You guys think I'm just being cocky saying how you hate my attitude, yo I wouldn't have an attitude if people didn't come at me like ***** for something that I never did. Its the dummest thing I've ever heard, trying to blame me for a mistake either Big Lou made (maybe not reporting his win) or the TOs fault (maybe he put the wrong thing down) but its not my fault (why the **** would I report my loss when its not my responsibility) all I know is I lost twice then they called me up a 3rd time 20 minutes later so **** I'm not gonna deny a match. Coming to find out hey the second loss didn't count because I'm in the wrong bracket. The person who started this ******** rumor needs to kill his self and the people falsely accusing me has to hop off my **** and stop hatin on me for something I never did... I don't want to see anymore people attackin me about this **** anymore...

Umby

Smash Master
The problem then, Mickey, comes from the fact that you KNEW you weren't supposed to be in another match, but didn't say anything. Even if someone else, like the TOs, fucked up with the bracket reports, you're still at fault for not coming forth about the matter. I can't say that you intentionally messed up the brackets to try to place higher, but you did make it look like you were intending to get over on people who were probably more deserving of the placing you took. BigLou beat several people in loser's, who all went home afterwards. Who's to say they might not have been able to go a bit further were they to match off against you? That's the real problem behind this.

OverLade

Smash Hero
The problem then, Mickey, comes from the fact that you KNEW you weren't supposed to be in another match, but didn't say anything. Even if someone else, like the TOs, fucked up with the bracket reports, you're still at fault for not coming forth about the matter. I can't say that you intentionally messed up the brackets to try to place higher, but you did make it look like you were intending to get over on people who were probably more deserving of the placing you took. BigLou beat several people in loser's, who all went home afterwards. Who's to say they might not have been able to go a bit further were they to match off against you? That's the real problem behind this.
Quoted as the motha****in truth.

Gindler

Smash Champion
what actions exactly are you referring to? Because if you're another ignorant person whos judging me right off the bat, believing false rumors and treating someone who you know nothing about like an ******* for a reason that all you know NEVER HAPPENED (which is true, it never happened) then you're just another fool. This goes for everybody, people who don't know me are attacking me for something I never did. You guys think I'm just being cocky saying how you hate my attitude, yo I wouldn't have an attitude if people didn't come at me like ***** for something that I never did. Its the dummest thing I've ever heard, trying to blame me for a mistake either Big Lou made (maybe not reporting his win) or the TOs fault (maybe he put the wrong thing down) but its not my fault (why the **** would I report my loss when its not my responsibility) all I know is I lost twice then they called me up a 3rd time 20 minutes later so **** I'm not gonna deny a match. Coming to find out hey the second loss didn't count because I'm in the wrong bracket. The person who started this ******** rumor needs to kill his self and the people falsely accusing me has to hop off my **** and stop hatin on me for something I never did... I don't want to see anymore people attackin me about this **** anymore...

To be fair, I only read the second part. But no one should ever be compared with malcolm's sonic, it's just TOO amazing

He coulda been easily confused, I try not to remember my losses much. But I woulda remembered after enough times getting desimated

Mickey69

Smash Apprentice
BigLou beat several people in loser's, who all went home afterwards. Who's to say they might not have been able to go a bit further were they to match off against you? That's the real problem behind this.
right but I didn't know at that point, and by the 3rd time time I was called up that was when they stopped us because of realization that it was the wrong match-up. you can't blame me for that. I thought I was out the whole time!

Umby

Smash Master
right but I didn't know at that point
All good and well, but that doesn't excuse the situation in pools. Things were fixed, but the situation gave you precedence for "messing things up". When that hit the actual brackets, it's natural that people were going to be angry, regardless of whether you knew or not.

Rayku

Smash Lord
two losses is not hard to count, Mickey. If it is,

Bam. That's how many times you have to lose in order to be kicked out of a double elimination tournament.

Mickey69

Smash Apprentice
two losses is not hard to count, Mickey. If it is,

Bam. That's how many times you have to lose in order to be kicked out of a double elimination tournament.
very tru which is why after I lost twice I thought I was out and jus stayed for friendlies then they called me up again and then stopped it. so where exactly are you going here?

CO18

Smash Hero
You can't blame mickey for playing if they called him again, who wouldn't and if he didn't report wrong what was all this ruckus about the tos made a mistake lol @ arguing in last 20 pages being pointless.

Rayku

Smash Lord
I'm saying, Mickey, that if you had just questioned it as soon as you thought you were out, all of this would have been avoided. I'm not blaming you in particular, but it WAS inadvertently your fault. Seriously, just saying something along the lines of:

"Hey guys I'm sorry that anything happened, even if I don't think it was my fault in the longrun. It was partially my fault, but I'll try not to let something stupid like that happen again."

That would have gotten pretty much everyone off your back. Anyone still on your back would be seen as "the worse person" because you had apologized for something that wasn't even completely your fault, making you the bigger man. It doesn't take that much effort to say "I'm sorry," especially if it'll cause a LOT of avoided strife. And even if it's NOT your fault, which I don't think it was, you're being blamed for it, so just saying that would be beneficial.

Mickey69

Smash Apprentice
I'm saying, Mickey, that if you had just questioned it as soon as you thought you were out, all of this would have been avoided. I'm not blaming you in particular, but it WAS inadvertently your fault. Seriously, just saying something along the lines of:

"Hey guys I'm sorry that anything happened, even if I don't think it was my fault in the longrun. It was partially my fault, but I'll try not to let something stupid like that happen again."

That would have gotten pretty much everyone off your back. Anyone still on your back would be seen as "the worse person" because you had apologized for something that wasn't even completely your fault, making you the bigger man. It doesn't take that much effort to say "I'm sorry," especially if it'll cause a LOT of avoided strife. And even if it's NOT your fault, which I don't think it was, you're being blamed for it, so just saying that would be beneficial.
if I would have questioned what? So when I lose twice its my job to question im out? How do you expect someone to react when they think you lied about a loss? How you think I was feelin when the whole time I was playin ppl are cherring for me to lose? you cant blame me for that, of course ima be defensive because its something I never did.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Just so people can stop with this.........
For future reference. Report to a TO when you win (always been this way, but some people still don't realize it I guess), and TOs make sure you put people in the appropriate bracket.

done, BAM!

Umby

Smash Master
if I would have questioned what? So when I lose twice its my job to question im out? How do you expect someone to react when they think you lied about a loss? How you think I was feelin when the whole time I was playin ppl are cherring for me to lose? you cant blame me for that, of course ima be defensive because its something I never did.
1) Yes, if you've lost twice in a DOUBLE ELIMINATION tournament, and somehow you get thrown into a 3rd match, it IS your job to question what the hell is going on. You could accidentally be playing someone else's match, and admitting that you KNEW you lost twice doesn't make the situation better.

2) When you play a 3rd match after you've lost twice, and admit that you knew about it, of course people are going to think you deceived someone in some way. Being silent on the matter is the same as not telling the truth. Not telling the truth is often perceived as lying. Ergo people WILL think you are lying if you don't say something.

3) People are going to want people to lose when you've done something like this and talk a lot of shit besides. It's nice to be defensive when that happens, but then again, you can't blame everyone else for hating you for your actions. Even now, you believe you're completely innocent from having disrupted the tournament in some kind of way, when clearly that's wrong. Like Rayku said, admitting you made a mistake and apologizing would have been enough to get most people of your back, but instead you're offering fallible logic in explaining why you don't deserve any of this mess.

Mickey69

Smash Apprentice
You can't blame mickey for playing if they called him again, who wouldn't and if he didn't report wrong what was all this ruckus about the tos made a mistake lol @ arguing in last 20 pages being pointless.
What he said, 1. you can't blame me if they called me up I'm sure I'm not the only person who'd play if they were called. 2. Even if I said something nothing would have changed because on the exact match they stopped us because they found out the match-up was wrong (which was when I realized). 3. when they were flaming me and would have said sorry on the forums wouldnt that be admitting to lieing about my loss??? For the last time its not my fault.

Masky

Smash Master
FULL RESULTS

Brackets: http://gigabitslan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1871
(You will have to register on their forums to download the results)

I hope I did this right, something's weird with SheerMadness because he suddenly magically appears on the singles brackets out of nowhere. Also I think some people may have substituted for others (like I know DBS and MrFTW substituted for some Naples players) but don't remember so please let me know, and I wasn't sure about all the characters

Singles Results: (out of 140 entrants)

1. Seibrik (MK/DDD?)
2. CO18 (DDD)
3. Reflex (Pokemon Trainer/Wario)
4. Hungrybox (DDD)
5. Gmoney (Wario)
5. Petey (MK)
7. Lambchops (Snake)
7. Nick Riddle (ZSS)
9. GDX (Diddy Kong)
9. Biglou (Luigi)
9. SheerMadness (Kirby)
9. Mero (MK)
13. Basic Sausage (DDD/Diddy Kong)
13. Kismet2 (Falco/?)
13. Masky (Wario/Pikachu)
13. Chaz (Marth/MK?)
17. Zelda_Master_Timmy (Marth) (left early)
17. Fuct
17. wonderbread (MK)
17. mickey (Sonic)
17. SheikSSBM (Luigi/?)
17. zom~b (ROB)
17. serg (Bowser)
17. 8-bit (Snake/MK/Olimar)
25. radiX (Snake/MK)
25. Lio (Toon Link)
25. dewdadash (DDD)
25. Ryo (Ike)
25. Bonesaw (MK)
25. iRise (ROB/Wario/?)

Doubles Results: (out of 50 teams)

1. Snake Training Facility (Chops and Seibrik) (Snake + MK) $408
2. Inui Sucks Huge Donkers (Rx- and BigLou) (MK + Luigi) $204
3. Personally, I Prefer Your Mom(Reflex and Kismet) (Wario/PT/Lucas/??? + Falco/Wario) $102
4. M2K was here(Co18 + BasicSausage) (DDD + DDD)
5. I don't care (iRiZe + Mero) (ROB/Wario + MK)
5. hitemup
7. Solemn Judgement (LadyLegion + Kyon) (Zelda + Peach)
7. MANGAR1 Holds 7 Jugs of Milk (Gmoney + Lio) (Wario + Toon Link/MK)
9. Get Graped (Masky + Wonderbread) (Wario/Pikachu + MK)
9. 2 Guys 1 Button (kith + serg) (PT + bowser)
9. Double Dutch Rudder (8-Bit + Bonesaw) (Snake/MK + MK)
9. Will Smith and Jamie Fox (HRnut + XYZ) (Snake/MK/? + G&W)
13. God and Angel (Ryo + CrazieCuban) (Ike + Pit)
13. O. P. Ness (Novabound + Ryka) (G&W + MK)
13. Reva (Emowolf + F-18) (Wolf/G&W + Snake)
13. Dancing With Swords (Chaz + Danny) (Marth/MK + Pit)

Deadweight

Smash Ace
like seriously, you cannot even rewind or fast forward the video with any flv players i've tried... you're forced to sit for the full 3 hours. i don't even think the video converters would work
Think you misunderstoood me ^__^
Dont try converting it....
Let the streamed video play. (note try to get it as large as possible)
Re-record it with a screen recorder ^_________^
Then youll have a 3 hour vid you can rewind/fastforward through.
Kinda like a screen shot except its a video ^__^

Edit:
Balls >___> Id hoped I went the furthest with RoB DAMMNMNNNN YOUUUUU ZOMMMMM~~~~BBBBB!!!!! (/jk <3<3)

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
2. inuisucks (???) Big Lou + Rx- , Luigi and MK
3. personally I prefer your mom (???) Reflex and Kismet2, probably Lucas and Wario most the tournament? That would be my guess.

Top Bottom