• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2GG 3.5 CSULB Sponsor by NOS UMVC3!

baka4moé

Smash Champion
hype hype :)

hope there's a good turnout for this, i'll be bringing a couple newbie friends, i hope this'll be fun!

Lovage

Smash Hero
does anyone in 818 need a ride to this? i'm taking the 101 to the 405 south so if you're along the 101 before the 405 i can get you ezzzz

Charoo

Smash Champion
I'm letting u guys know right now that doubles sign up ends at 12:30pm no matter what. No one will be added to the registration cause it already ended. You also gotta be there in person to sign up for doubles, no phone in

JDM

Smash Champion
Summary: Ekoli brags about stealing your $20.

Never lend money to anybody.

Charoo

Smash Champion
This is in Room 41 and not room 40. It is in the same building and almost right next door to it!

baka4moé

Smash Champion
so so so so so so

i need a teammate.....

yeah.......

preferably someone that i know reasonably well, lol, but it's not too big a deal i guess.

Charoo

Smash Champion
what baka said. Same building, just the room next door

Lot 6 is still the best to park at.

Charoo

Smash Champion
RESULT

1: Lucky Mango (Lucky Mango)
2: S2J LOVAGE
3: macd zhu
4: fly baka
5: Eddy Mexico Bimbo (Eddy Mexico Bimbo)
5: Jkun Spark
7: Combo fest thunderbolt buddha (Combo fest stab)

Singles

1: Mango
2: lovage
3: Lucky
4: fly Amanita
5: s2j
5: Eddy Mexico
7: Wes
7: macd
9: combo fest
9: thunderbolt buddha
9: Connor
9: spark
13: Fist
13: baka4moe
13: bimbo
13: anto

D

Deleted member

lucky getting 3rd is a joke

mad salty we didn't play lol, probably woulda beat me though

LuCKy

Smash Master
if you mean that is in i shouldve gotten second johnny

then yes its a joke lol you lucky ******* oscar. we both played like **** in winners but jesus o mighty i was playing slow in losers. cant wait to **** you up next time

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
shoutouts
johnny - I got u next time for sureeeee
Fly - Applied math sounds cool
Mccain - thanks for the ride, it was definitely not the average tournament lol
Mango - what a qt
Alex - lets play next time bro
joey - thanks for the ONE friendly lol
connor - i got u next time homie, cool to see you again tho
dan - close matches, please stop taking so long to ban/cp
wes - ggs and stuff
paul - good stuff in teams
anto - you are a punk,jk-ish
jason - sup lol
michael - the hot new falcon on the scene
champ - making two ranked players play 1st round losers, when there are 5 unranked players is kinda eh. Not that it matters in the long run though
eddy/bimbo/fist - awesome that you guys came up from mexico. Look forward to seeing y'all again

D

Deleted member

yesterday was honestly the best shot u had lol, was on break for a month

have fun losing to me for the rest of your life!!!!!!!

baka4moé

Smash Champion
1: Mango - nice job lol. we need to talk more =p
2: lovage - good **** again oscar, glad to see you doing so well lately
3: Lucky - nice job beating fly, you'll **** up oscar next time lol
4: fly Amanita - thanks for teaming with me, i had a fun time, hope you did too..
5: s2j - bend over *****
5: Eddy Mexico - you are one of the nicest guys i've met in smash. nice job with your strong performance, and sorry for being so bummed about that early SD...
7: Wes - come on time dude, and you cheated me out of my dollar. also i miss teaming with you :(
7: macd - youll get eddie next time! :)
9: combo fest - nice seeing you again, playing u in teams was fun and funnny
9: thunderbolt buddha - ggs, i'll get you next time, it took me a bit too long to get used to ur style =p. my biggest regret actually is that the set wasnt recorded, now i cant see what i did wrong.. oh also fyi i asked champ to let us play each other, it's not really his fault hehe
9: Connor - haha ur a pretty cool guy, nice seeing u going to tourneys again. that one friendly was ****
9: spark - we didnt really talk at all haha, but i still love ur falcon
13: Fist - didnt really talk either, but thanks for making it out here
13: baka4moe - smash is so much of a mental ordeal omg wtf
13: bimbo - nice seeing u again, nice friendlies. u almost always counterpicked chars and stages to whatever i chose tho...
13: anto - nice seeing you too, i hope my samus lived up to your expectations LOL
ZHU! - we didn't really talk much, and i'd like to talk to you/play you next time we see each other, you seem pretty nice and i feel like i'd learn a lot from you. sorry for not asking you to play after i got eliminated, i was pretty out of it..

To be honest this was probably one of my worst tournament experiences ever, but I did learn some valuable things, and looking back I'm still glad I entered. Next time, next time.

Lovage

Smash Hero
yo w/e joey

just bring it

-

edit: kinda surprised at 16 person turnout, 818/san diego where you at?

Charoo

Smash Champion
stab, I don't seed the bracket, the panelist do. So let them know so they are aware of it

baka4moé

Smash Champion
actually, i think there were more than 16 people there, but some didnt enter because they saw how more than half of the people entering were from the top 10 XD

Charoo

Smash Champion
Quick poll

Would u guys rather have $3 entry fee or $5 entry fee for singles & doubles?

I'm lowering the entry fee for ssf4, cs2, and ah3 to $3 so I'm just asking around to see.

Lovage

Smash Hero
reducing the entry fee by 2 dollars will have literally no impact on turnout except maybe discouraging top players from going lol

baka4moé

Smash Champion
hmm well ive talked to a few people that ive played at these tournies before, and when i told them to enter, they either said 5 bucks was too much (cause they felt they would lose right away) or were intimidated by the fraction of entrants that were well-known.

but what oscar said about potentially deterring good players is true though, so idk. meh...

what was the reasoning behind reducing the prices for the other games? that might help clear some things up.

Charoo

Smash Champion
small community or very low entrant (avg. of 8 people or less). So it's to promote more people to enter and try the game out cause it's cheaper to enter

cs2 and ah3 also have low entry fee usually too. Like $3 haha

Eddy 007

Smash Apprentice
OMG i won the raffle, next step Las Vegas!

I had lots of fun in the event, thanks to everyone who was there and make this possible. :)
I dont think i can stop playing this game. :reverse:

LuCKy

Smash Master
me n mango are both for 5 dollar entry

its been that way since i was 15 and getting 4 stocked by mikeY lol

baka4moé

Smash Champion
by when will we know who get the free entry? just wondering, since i'm not sure if the registration fee will increase after a while (or maybe that's just the venue fee that increases? idk..)

Charoo

Smash Champion
"tell them to pay the venue fee online, and in the comments section to make a note about winning the free entry. Up to two free events of their choice. let me know who the winner is so i can cross check it with who ever it is. and tell them to email me at genesisdbr@gmail.com after they pay the venue fee online.

june 30ths is the cut off for registration so you have until then" - Boback

So, I'm making my June 18th tourney the LAST free giveaway entry chance.

Razor-Heart

Smash Rookie
Contact me please I am very interested!

Hello, I am a very avid player of brawl, AND DAMN GOOD TOO haha but I want to start entering tournies and stuff asap. This one here at CSULB really gets my interest but what I need are just a few more details. Would anyone care to e-mail me personally at R3D_M4NTIZ@yahoo.com. My questions regard where and when these tournaments are held what part of campus primarily, if I have to RSVP before hand, any fees that are required, such as parking etc and other stuff. what should i bring, what is required to actually enter you know stuff of that nature GET AT ME PLEASE ';..;' -Razor

Top Bottom