• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2B Automatizes!

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman
Quick question in regards to the Nier universe..
A)Is it worth playing the Drakengard games?
B) So Nier Automata continues from an alternative ending in the original Nier. If we get a Nier 3, do you think it'll take place after a certain alternative ending?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
B) So Nier Automata continues from an alternative ending in the original Nier. If we get a Nier 3, do you think it'll take place after a certain alternative ending?
A) Depends. They really are clunky games and age hasn't done much to improve them. They are worth experiencing, but perhaps not via direct gameplay if you're okay with a lot of jank.
B) I believe it will either follow an ending or be a prequel game ala Drakengard 3.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
A) Playing Drakengard 1 may be hard because it is quite dated, being a 2003 PS2 game. I still recommend playing it because it is one of Yoko Taro's first forays into video games to represent his wonderful philosophy that shouldn't be missed! It may get repetitive to play the game because it's basically a worse Dynasty Warriors but the Ace Combat-like dragon flight missions are where the real fun is at! NieR comes from an alternate "joke" ending of Drakengard 1.

I wouldn't recommend Drakengard 2 if you're specifically looking for Yoko Taro's charm because he didn't have any creative input in that game so I'd say skip it unless you want to expand your knowledge of the world of Drakengard.

Drakengard 3 for PS3 is more action and combo-oriented and focused with smaller environments to travel around. The game has framerate issues being a poorly optimized game but if you can get past that, it is tons more fun to play than Drakengard 1. Ironically, the dragon flight missions were less fun for me than the original. You will despise the final boss of the last ending, even moreso than Drakengard 1's, just warning you now.

As for if they are actually worth playing, I think so. I actually abstained from play NieR:Automata to play the rest of Yoko Taro's games first so I could get a better feel for what his games are about and why he had such a cult following from fans. Take note, before NieR:Automata, his games were, at the very least, mediocre in terms of gameplay but Drakengard and NieR are more renowned for their story and themes so that is what you would be playing them for.

I cannot answer B because I have not finished NieR:Automata yet.

Last edited:

Ricksaw

Smash Cadet
So anyone saw the nier automata X final Fantasy 14 trailer already? 2P makes a lot of appearance and 9S is briefly seen, but not 2B, so i have some theories:
1. This is after route B and after the all out Yorha vs machine war, and they are making this somehow canon into to the automata universe and 9S and 2P were teleported to that universe.
2. 2B might be greatly relevant to the story so they did not want to show her yet.
3. 2B might be making an appearance in another game maybe? Not counting soulcalibur in which she did not receive any backstory or any kind of lore at all; maybe super smash ultimate?

This is obviously pure speculation and theory from my part obviously. Also because of tekken creator kind of crushing the possibilities of a lot of characters being probably implemented in smash gives more chances of 2B probably making her debut in Smash right?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I usually don't support characters unless I've played their games but I think I'll make an exception with 2B. I've been wanting to play Automata for a long time now and from what I've seen and heard about it I think 2B would be a great fit for Smash.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Edit: Please ignore this. Read the post below this one to get the entire moveset.

Here's my take on a 2B moveset. Her unique character gimmick is that her side special is simply a dash (called Agression Shift in Soul Calibur) that allows various follow-up attacks by inputting the A or B buttons and directional inputs (neutral, up, down, or side). Thus, her side B dash gives her 8 additional attack follow-ups. Overall, she is a highly fun yet technical character with various attacks for many situations. I'm throwing in the entire kitchen sink. This is as true to character as it gets; there are references galore!

Neutral Special: Pod fire. By pressing the B button, 2B uses her pod to fire three weak pellets across the screen. They have no knockback. If you continue to press the button, the pellets continue to fire. However, when you hold down the button instead of pressing it, 2B charges and fires an aimable laser beam instead.

Side special: Aggression Shift. In Nier Automata, it's the move where she zips around after holding the dodge button. In Smash, it's a dash that allows her to perform various follow-up special attacks. On it's own, it's good for maneuvering around the stage. After using two follow-ups, there's a 25 second cooldown. Below is each follow-up attack. It's a lot, so I'll put it in a spoiler tag:

Wire (Side-B follow-up)

By pressing side B again, 2B shoots out a wire that pulls her closer to the opponent. Doubles as a tether recovery.

Bomb (Neutral B follow-up)

By pressing neutral B after side special, 2B throws out two explosive projectiles from her pod.

Missile (Up-B follow-up)

2B quickly launches herself upwards with her pod. Can be angled. Can be used as a stage recovery.

Slow Field (Down-B follow-up)

2B shoots a gravity field in front of her that lasts 8 seconds. It slows down players in its range. Deals no damage.

Blade (Neutral A follow-up)

By pressing neutral A after side special, 2B uses a spinning blade attack that first hits behind her, then rotates around and hits in front of her.

Hammer (side-A Follow-up)

By pressing side-A after side special, 2B throws out a slow yet powerful hammer attack with great range. It can meteor-smash opponents by the ledge.

Spear (Down-A follow-up)

By pressing down-A after side special, 2B uses a spear attack that hits in both directions. The top of the spear has a sweetspot that briefly pins down enemies, so it's best to use on airborne opponents.

Wave (up-A follow-up)

While performed on the ground, 2B jumps in the air and throws out a projectile with a shockwave. The further away from the center of the projectile, the less damage it deals to opponents. While performing the move in the air, 2B only leaps in the air diagonally and doesn't throw out the projectile.

Down special: Angler Stance (Aww, yeeeah!): Press it to make 2B sit down on a holographic chair. Doubles as a taunt. Press B again to throw out the pod and wrangle up some poor fool. Basically, you throw opponents with your futuristic fishing rod, Isabelle style.

Dash attack

Forward Throw: This

Back throw: 2B throws the opponent behind her and fires a missile from her pod.

Forward Tilt: 2B pokes the opponent with her spear. Can be chained up to three times. Each time slightly propels 2B forward.

Down air: This downward sword thrust. Or maybe this, but her skirt defies gravity this time.

Up taunt: Flashlight. 2B flickers her pod's lights on/off. If used repeatedly on AI opponents under level 9, it aggros them.

Side Taunt: Scanner.

2B's pod scans the ground. There's a 1/42 chance he'll find a weak recovery item you can pull (that heals %1) or leave for your opponent, and he'll say "Item detected" (Did I not say the entire kitchen sink?!)

Down taunt: She pets her pod and he says "affinity increased".

Miscellaneous: Perfect Dodge

If timed properly, 2B has an after-image dodge that functions similarly to Bayonetta's 'Bat Within'.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a way to fit her coolest attack in the whole game because that'd just be broken lol. It's like a dash attack/D-smash/up-B/projectile all rolled into one move. Edit: Nevermind. Yo girl found a way, like Drake and Josh! It's in my continuation post below.

I'm on a phone and this is taking forever, so I'll post the rest later. The rest of her A moves, tilts, aerials, and smash attacks incorporate her gauntlet, katana, and long sword. Her throws involve her grounded finishing attacks. I think you get the gist. For the most part, my interpretation of her moveset adds her entire arsenal, pod programs and all. I want her to be flashy and feel powerful. Yet I want her to be balanced as well.

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Here's my take on a 2B moveset. Her unique character gimmick is that her side special is simply a dash (called Agression Shift in Soul Calibur) that allows various follow-up attacks by inputting the A or B buttons and directional inputs (neutral, up, down, or side). Thus, her side B dash gives her 8 additional attack follow-ups. Overall, she is a highly fun yet technical character with various attacks for many situations. I'm throwing in the entire kitchen sink. This is as true to character as it gets; there are references galore!

Neutral Special: Pod fire. By pressing the B button, 2B uses her pod to fire three weak pellets across the screen. They have no knockback. If you continue to press the button, the pellets continue to fire. However, when you hold down the button instead of pressing it, 2B charges and fires an aimable laser beam instead.

Side special: Aggression Shift. In Nier Automata, it's the move where she zips around after holding the dodge button. In Smash, it's a dash that allows her to perform various follow-up special attacks. On it's own, it's good for maneuvering around the stage. After using two follow-ups, there's a 25 second cooldown. Below is each follow-up attack. It's a lot, so I'll put it in a spoiler tag:

Wire (Side-B follow-up)

By pressing side B again, 2B shoots out a wire that pulls her closer to the opponent. Doubles as a tether recovery.

By pressing neutral B after side special, 2B throws out two explosive projectiles from her pod.

Missile (Up-B follow-up)

2B quickly launches herself upwards with her pod. Can be angled. Can be used as a stage recovery.

2B shoots a gravity field in front of her that lasts 8 seconds. It slows down players in its range. Deals no damage.

By pressing neutral A after side special, 2B uses a spinning blade attack that first hits behind her, then rotates around and hits in front of her.

By pressing side-A after side special, 2B throws out a slow yet powerful hammer attack with great range. It can meteor-smash opponents by the ledge.

Spear (Down-A follow-up)

By pressing down-A after side special, 2B uses a spear attack that hits in both directions. The top of the spear has a sweetspot that briefly pins down enemies, so it's best to use on airborne opponents.

Wave (up-A follow-up)

While performed on the ground, 2B jumps in the air and throws out a projectile with a shockwave. The further away from the center of the projectile, the less damage it deals to opponents. While performing the move in the air, 2B only leaps in the air diagonally and doesn't throw out the projectile.

Down special: Angler Stance (Aww, yeeeah!): Press it to make 2B sit down on a holographic chair. Doubles as a taunt. Press B again to throw out the pod and wrangle up some poor fool. Basically, you throw opponents with your futuristic fishing rod, Isabelle style.

Dash attack

Forward Tilt: 2B pokes the opponent with her spear. Can be chained up to three times. Each time slightly propels 2B forward.

Down air: This downward sword thrust.

Up taunt: Flashlight. 2B flickers her pod's lights on/off. If used repeatedly on AI opponents under level 9, it aggros them.

2B's pod scans the ground. There's a 1/42 chance he'll find a weak recovery item you can pull (that heals %1) or leave for your opponent, and he'll say "Item detected" (Did I not say the entire kitchen sink?!)

Down taunt: She pets her pod and he says "affinity increased.

If timed properly, 2B has an after-image dodge that functions similarly to Bayonetta's 'Bat Within'.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a way to fit her coolest attack in the whole game because that'd just be broken lol. It's like a dash attack/D-smash/up-B/projectile all rolled into one move.

I'm on a phone and this is taking forever, so I'll post the rest later. The rest of her A moves, tilts, aerials, and smash attacks incorporate her gauntlet, katana, and long sword. Her throws involve her grounded finishing attacks. I think you get the gist. For the most part, my interpretation of her moveset adds her entire arsenal, pod programs and all. I want her to be flashy and feel powerful. Yet I want her to be balanced as well.
Broke: your idea for Aggression Shift
Woke: your idea for Angler Stance
Bespoke: your idea for Flashlight

In all seriousness I'd expect a character from a game developed by PlatinumGames to be this technical, so it would feel real appropriate.

I've only played NieR: Automata, and I didn't 100% it or anything so I never got to find Iron Will, but I think as a nod to NieR 1 and the Drakengard games that it should show up in some way in 2B's moveset. That said I'm posting this before you're done with all her normals so you may already be on top of that :p

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
Right? Flashlight would be a Sakurai tier easter egg, if I do say so myself.

The different collectable weapons in Nier Automata are mostly cosmetic (aside from minor stat changes). Their significance is the stories you unlock by upgrading them. If anything, they can change her weapons' appearance based on the palette swap you pick. E.g. the Type-03 sword on a Kaine themed palette swap.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
Okay, I merged this post with the one above and organized it. It took two posts since I typed on a phone. Here's the final version:

Wire (Side-B follow-up)

Missile (Up-B follow-up)

By pressing neutral A after side special, 2B uses a spinning blade attack that first hits behind her, then rotates around and hits in front of her. Time the hit rotation for combo extensions.

Spear (Down-A follow-up)

Wave (up-A follow-up)

Up-special: 2B uses her longsword to thrust herself in the air. Like Witch Twist, the ground version sends her in the air, and let's her continue her assault from there. Unlike Witch Twitch, it can't be used again in the air if it was performed on the ground.

Final Smash: Yorha flight unit. 2B uses her Volt pod program. If it hits, she then throws out this attack and vanishes. Cue cinematic cutscene of 2B flying around and blasting the place in her mecha.

Down taunt: She pets her pod and he says "affinity increased".

Walking animation:

Idle animations:

Changes depending on if she's unarmed or not. If she's not holding any weapons, she'll simply stretch/yawn.

Otherwise, she'll twirl those puppies around:

Dash attack

Up Tilt: 2B slashes the opponent with her katana in an upward motion. At low percentages, she can usually follow-up with a jump into an aerial attack.

Down Tilt: When held, 2B gets on her knees and spins around with her katana like so. The held version hits in both directions but isn't very fast. When pressed, she throws out a rapid crouching kick forward on the ground.

Jab: The rapid jab version (holding the A button) involves 2B pummeling with her combat bracers. Conversely, pressing the A button 3 times is her standard katana slash combo.

Smash attack:

Although very stylish, 2B impractically spins around with her longsword. Very slow but has good range. For balancing purposes, it only hits in front of her. Pressing it again gives her a second spin like so. Pray you don't get hit by it. When fully charged, 2B also throws the sword at you.

Up Smash: 2B twirls her spear around a couple of times kinda fast. Like Link and Metaknight's up-smash, it's a multi-hitting attack. It'll look like this except she doesn't glide forward.

D-Smash: 2B spins with her longsword in a circular motion. I'm noticing a pattern here... Obviously, PlatinumGames knows that spinning is awesome lol. When fully charged, 2B throws the sword at you.

Neutral Air: Pod spin kick. 2B holds onto her pod and performs a spin kick. I can't find an image of this, but it's very reminiscent of Jak and Daxter. If you continue to hold down the A button after the attack, 2B grabs the pod and slowly descends to the ground. It slightly elevates her midair, so it doubles as a third jump.

Back Air: She lunges at you with her combat bracers kinda like at the end of this combo.

Forward Air: She slashes forward with her katana. Can be used up to three times consecutively.

Up Air: 2B stabs directly above her with her spear.

Down air: This downward sword thrust. Or maybe this, but her skirt defies gravity this time.

Back Throw: 2B throws the opponent behind her and fires a missile from her pod.

Down Throw: Mirage.

2B briefly vanishes while rapidly slashing the opponent. Briefly has i-frames on start-up.

Up throw: Yeet heel.

2B kicks opponents upward into the stratosphere. Is a kill throw when opponents are at high percentages.

Her shield break animation mirrors her self-destruct recovery animation (except her skirt doesn't blow up):

Victory animation: Glory to Mankind.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
I mean, her merchandise is even referred to as 2P on the official store, so there shouldn't have been any doubt lol.

Anyway, if we also got songs from the original Nier that didn't get remixed in Automata, I hope Blu-bird is one of them. Imagine a Ganondorf mirror match with this playing in the background:

Last edited:

Abade

Smash Apprentice
Here's something familiar on that Final Fantasy XIV NieR: Automata crossover.

Abade

Smash Apprentice
Have you found 2B or 9S or A2 anywhere?
Watch the video from my previous post for one answer.

For 2B,
When you finish the Dark Apocalypse raid, there's some more quests that take you back into the raid zone solo to explore, there's a room that's not marked on the map littered with 2B corpses. It has yet to be explained. I don't think A2 appeared yet, but supposedly there are three parts to this so we have to wait for A2 to smack 9S again.

Ricksaw

Smash Cadet
Watch the video from my previous post for one answer.

For 2B,
When you finish the Dark Apocalypse raid, there's some more quests that take you back into the raid zone solo to explore, there's a room that's not marked on the map littered with 2B corpses. It has yet to be explained. I don't think A2 appeared yet, but supposedly there are three parts to this so we have to wait for A2 to smack 9S again.
So 9S does appear then, i hope A2 kills him again (:.

Pallex

Smash Journeyman
YoRHa: Dark Aporcalypse full playthrough:

The Copied Factory : 18:01
1st Boss : 19:40
2nd Boss : 29:56
3rd Boss : 47:20
4th Boss : 1:05:33
An Ancient Dispute : 1:26:09
(Support Anogg) Tails, You Lose : 1:27:33
Collection Data Archives : 1:41:25

- The Machine Lifeform head flying off after blowing up the door to enter with 2P seems to be a reference to Emil's first on-screen appearance in NieR Automata at the Commercial Facility in the Shopping Mall Ruins.
- 2P waking up is similar to 2B waking up after the events of the Abandoned Factory of the prologue of NieR: Automata.

- There's one new track, "Weight of the World (Prelude)". Devola and Popola's song, "Song of the Ancients" plays for two boss fights and A2's theme, "Bipolar Nightmare" plays for the Engels boss fight.
- Two new bosses that weren't in NieR Automata.

- The only characters from Final Fantasy XIV universe that were involved are dwarves and the player character, Warrior of Light.

- In short, the main story is basically about helping 2P to clean machine lifeforms in "Copied Factory". She malfunctioned afterwards and will get repaired. It ends with a cliffhanger.
https://i.imgur.com/QgHh5ub.png
- The air outside factory is filled with white particles. Possibly a reference to White Chlorination Syndrome.
https://i.imgur.com/3vskr7c.png
- The final boss is 9S, taking control of several machine lifeforms. He's wants to kill 2P for unknown reasons.
There's a reference to the final fight at The Tower in NieR Automata:
https://i.imgur.com/tIooZwz.png

- When the player gets back to the factory after the final boss, there's a room filled with corpses of 2B models for unknown reasons. Besides, possibly psychological warfare.
https://i.imgur.com/lG0sU9L.png

- The players and the dwarves took 9S afterward in secret. They still keep it a secret from 2P and the pod.
https://i.imgur.com/KrTcPYc.png

Data archives from the Final Fantasy XIV:

https://firesanctuary.com/yorha-dark-apocalypse-archives/

Ricksaw

Smash Cadet
YoRHa: Dark Aporcalypse full playthrough:

The Copied Factory : 18:01
1st Boss : 19:40
2nd Boss : 29:56
3rd Boss : 47:20
4th Boss : 1:05:33
An Ancient Dispute : 1:26:09
(Support Anogg) Tails, You Lose : 1:27:33
Collection Data Archives : 1:41:25

- The Machine Lifeform head flying off after blowing up the door to enter with 2P seems to be a reference to Emil's first on-screen appearance in NieR Automata at the Commercial Facility in the Shopping Mall Ruins.
- 2P waking up is similar to 2B waking up after the events of the Abandoned Factory of the prologue of NieR: Automata.

- There's one new track, "Weight of the World (Prelude)". Devola and Popola's song, "Song of the Ancients" plays for two boss fights and A2's theme, "Bipolar Nightmare" plays for the Engels boss fight.
- Two new bosses that weren't in NieR Automata.

- The only characters from Final Fantasy XIV universe that were involved are dwarves and the player character, Warrior of Light.

- In short, the main story is basically about helping 2P to clean machine lifeforms in "Copied Factory". She malfunctioned afterwards and will get repaired. It ends with a cliffhanger.
https://i.imgur.com/QgHh5ub.png
- The air outside factory is filled with white particles. Possibly a reference to White Chlorination Syndrome.
https://i.imgur.com/3vskr7c.png
- The final boss is 9S, taking control of several machine lifeforms. He's wants to kill 2P for unknown reasons.
There's a reference to the final fight at The Tower in NieR Automata:
https://i.imgur.com/tIooZwz.png

- When the player gets back to the factory after the final boss, there's a room filled with corpses of 2B models for unknown reasons. Besides, possibly psychological warfare.
https://i.imgur.com/lG0sU9L.png

- The players and the dwarves took 9S afterward in secret. They still keep it a secret from 2P and the pod.
https://i.imgur.com/KrTcPYc.png

Data archives from the Final Fantasy XIV:

https://firesanctuary.com/yorha-dark-apocalypse-archives/
Whats the name of the pod that 2P uses? And does 9S has pod 142 with him or 042?

KatKit

Smash Lord
I don't own FFXIV and I haven't played the expansion, but outside of that, 9S's pod is actually 153. If it appeared, it'd most likely be her or 042.

I don't know if 2P has an official pod of her own, but I always referred to hers as 024. Visually, she's basically a palette swap, so the number that represents 'True Color' (24-bit) in computing is very fitting. It's also the same numbers as 2B's pod, just swapped around and yes, please don't make a 420 joke.

Anyway, I've come across a lot of 2B fan art online, but my personal favorite (and my headcanon explanation for why she isn't in Smash yet) is this.

Last edited:

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
With Sakurai's recent comment in Terry's livestream about Mai Shiranui not being in Smash Ultimate because it's "for good boys and girls of all ages", do you guys think this negatively affects 2B's chances of being in Smash?

Matadormon

Smash Apprentice
With Sakurai's recent comment in Terry's livestream about Mai Shiranui not being in Smash Ultimate because it's "for good boys and girls of all ages", do you guys think this negatively affects 2B's chances of being in Smash?
To be honest, no. Only thing they need to do to 2B is putting a black void under her clothes just like what Peach, Daisy and Rosaline have. 2B's boobs are not necessarily an issue, because Bayonetta (in her Bayo 1 outfit) you can see Bayo's cleavage there.

NineS

Smash Lord

Not one bit. As risque as some people may consider 2B to be, she is nowhere Mai's level. 2B getting in likely wouldn't affect the rating like Mai would, as she's only just about as bad as Palutena/Corrin/Bayonetta etc. with the most she shows being leg.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
It will not affect 2B but I'm worried about A2, who is one tattered cloth away from being stark naked in principle. lmao

In any event, I'm more inclined towards Emil, 9S, and mainly A2, but I can rally behind 2B so sign me up.

Now to piggyback off of the above move list, here's my interpretation of A2's theoretical dissimilarities to 2B. I would really like to attempt this for 9S also but he's going to take more effort so maybe another time.

A2 is exactly like 2B with the exception of her down special, dodge animation, taunts, and side special. The manner in which she fights is more powerful, arrogant, and aggressive than 2B. With the exception of her neutral special, A2 does not have Pod Program attacks, but she is technical in her own special ways~

Down special: Berserk Mode

Tapping it gives A2 a mighty damage boost to her attacks, in exchange for 15% of her health and making it easier to launch her off of the stage. The self-inflicted damage slowly accumulates over time.

When you hold down the button instead of tapping it, however, A2 explodes and it injures nearby opponents upon activation.

The downside is that holding it takes a while to activate and leaves you susceptible. As a visual indicator, A2's body glows red the total duration that Berserk Mode is triggered. Functionally, the move is like activating Arsene on command, at the cost of your health. Berserk Mode has a 25 second cooldown period when it deactivates before you can initiate it once more.

Side special: Evade Boost

Unlike 2B's dash, A2's is slower and deals damage. When used while Berserk Mode is activated, A2 is less visible, only leaving behind a red blur. The dash is also faster if A2 is in Beserk Mode.

Taunts: In addition to using her down special, you can interrupt any of A2's attacks with a taunt to initiate Berserk Mode. All of A2's taunts work online because they are integral to her move list and where her true strength lies. Precisely, this betch not only has attack into taunt true combos, but it is her blueprint - her very stratagem. A2 is all about getting inside of your opponent's head. She is mind games personified. Is she going to keep dishing out combos or stop in the middle of one to taunt and level up in the process? You never know.

When she dodges, she turns invisible like Mewtwo.

That's it.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
Now to piggyback off of the above move list
Thief! Jk...

The concept is like Ryu and Ken to the extreme, so I'm down. 2B gets most of the love but 9S/A2 semi clones would be awesome.

Personally, I would've changed a couple of A moves and her final smash, but I like the taunt cancel thing.

I'm worried about A2, who is one tattered cloth away from being stark naked in principal. lmao
Hmmm... at least there are a number of ways that the censors can interpret it. She looks fully clothed at a glance, albeit scrappy and disheveled. Basically like she's wearing a camisole, gloves, shorts etc. that are ripped in certain spots. On the other hand, the reason A2 doesn't show much skin is because the darkened areas that look like clothing are the panels beneath what functioned as her skin. In other words, she is beyond nude because we're staring at her dermis. It's pretty brutal, but not super grotesque though because she's a robot that just needs maintenance. Which begs the question: How strict are they when it comes to robots with blatantly non-human features? What measure is a non-human? To us, A2 is less real looking than the other androids because of her exposed robotic parts, but in-universe she's the reverse. How detached are we to look at someone so wounded the entire time? Darn this game is deep. I wasn't even going to respond because it felt weird typing about nakey robots.

Personally, I was more focused on 2B, so I didn't give the topic much thought. D:

Last edited:

Pallex

Smash Journeyman
Thief! Jk...

The concept is like Ryu and Ken to the extreme, so I'm down. 2B gets most of the love but 9S/A2 semi clones would be awesome.

Personally, I would've changed a couple of A moves and her final smash, but I like the taunt cancel thing.

Hmmm... at least there are a number of ways that the censors can interpret it. She looks fully clothed at a glance, albeit scrappy and disheveled. Basically like she's wearing a camisole, gloves, shorts etc. that are ripped in certain spots. On the other hand, the reason A2 doesn't show much skin is because the darkened areas that look like clothing are the panels beneath what functioned as her skin. In other words, she is beyond nude because we're staring at her dermis. It's pretty brutal, but not super grotesque though because she's a robot that just needs maintenance. Which begs the question: How strict are they when it comes to robots with blatantly non-human features? What measure is a non-human? To us, A2 is less real looking than the other androids because of her exposed robotic parts, but in-universe she's the reverse. How detached are we to look at someone so wounded the entire time? Darn this game is deep. I wasn't even going to respond because it felt weird typing about nakey robots.

Personally, I was more focused on 2B, so I didn't give the topic much thought. D:
Everyone is fine with characters like Kirby or Jigglypuff being butt naked. :4pacman::troll::kirby::pikachu:

Last edited:

Night Gale

Smash Ace
2B gets most of the love but 9S/A2 semi clones would be awesome.

A2 was built first btw. Therefore, 2B would be the clone.

I wish, but A2 is my most wished-for of the trio with 9S being a very close second. Imagine if we got all three. Sheeeeit.

Everyone is fine with characters like Kirby or Jigglypuff being butt naked. :4pacman::troll::kirby::pikachu:
One word, bruh: Bayonetta. That's mostly hair you're looking at.

Last edited:

Kokiden

Smash Ace
No. Just looking at the outfit itself, 2B is covered for the most part. Tiny cleavage and the top of her thighs aren't outrageous when it comes to revealing skin. She's 90% covered.

They can just reduce cleavage if it's that huge an issue.

The choreography, animations, and existing movesets that 2B has in NieR would translate very well into Smash, so I think she would be a great addition to the roster.

She would be fast, have good range, and powerful. I'm hoping she would be high or top tier if she gets in =P

Matadormon

Smash Apprentice
No. Just looking at the outfit itself, 2B is covered for the most part. Tiny cleavage and the top of her thighs aren't outrageous when it comes to revealing skin. She's 90% covered.

They can just reduce cleavage if it's that huge an issue.

The choreography, animations, and existing movesets that 2B has in NieR would translate very well into Smash, so I think she would be a great addition to the roster.

She would be fast, have good range, and powerful. I'm hoping she would be high or top tier if she gets in =P
2B is going to become Bayonetta 2.0. if she is in.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
They went overboard on Bayonetta's nerfs but she's not that terrible. Sheeeeit.

Although I wouldn't mind Bayonetta passing the torch of her former glory to a Nier rep.

Last edited:

cosmicB

Smash Ace
Throwing my support in. 2B would probably be one of the DLC fighters that best fits my play style with really only Lloyd being a contender. Would also love it because I know a few streamers that would finally play the game if she got in.

KatKit

Smash Lord
So we're still in the running for FP5, and even if it doesn't happen, there's always future DLC (which I think is more likely). But someone mentioned that 2B was deconfirmed in a different topic, but the only thing that I recall is an old statement by Yosuke Saito. This was the translated version of the quote:
It's regrettable that NieR wasn't called to Smash. But choosing is up to Sakurai-kun isn't it?
And this was my response to said statement way back in May. Pay close attention to the bolded part:

Square Enix France didn't even know about 2B's inclusion in Soul Calibur in advance; they REALLY tried to keep it a secret, even internally. If she was in Smash, I'd imagine a statement like Saito's being thrown out to keep people off her trail. Think about it... maybe Nier wasn't "called to Smash," but what if they reached out to Nintendo instead? Is the decision up to Sakurai? Why did Saito even ask that question?
As we know now, the same dude who made the alleged deconfirmation quote way back when later asked to meet with Sakurai and asked him to meet with Yoko Taro. And I totally called it based off of how he worded his response!

I'm adding this to the long list of reasons why I think 2B might happen eventually. I feel like a detective or something. Like, I'm picturing myself having one of those stereotypical "wall of clues" ahaha.

Last edited:

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
So we're still in the running for FP5, and even if it doesn't happen, there's always future DLC (which I think is more likely). But someone mentioned that 2B was deconfirmed in a different topic, but the only thing that I recall is an old statement by Yosuke Saito. This was the translated version of the quote:

And this was my response to said statement way back in May. Pay close attention to the bolded part:

As we know now, the same dude who made the alleged deconfirmation quote way back when later asked to meet with Sakurai and asked him to meet with Yoko Taro. And I totally called it based off of how he worded his response. (BTW the 'kun' honorific is kinda throwing me off if he really said that; IDK his age but he doesn't look much older than him. How familiar with each other are these guys?! HMM?)

I'm adding this to the long list of reasons why I think 2B might happen eventually. I feel like a detective or something. Like, I'm picturing myself having one of those stereotypical "wall of clues" ahaha.
Ayumi Tachibana posted a translation of the excerpt with the full context a few months back (I cleaned up the quote a bit).

Yosuke Saito, SE Producer: "It's amazing Persona 5 came to Smash."
Kazutaka Kodaka, Too Kyo Games CEO: "That's because of the tie-up with Persona Q on 3DS right?"
Saito: "Yeah, I think it has to do with that, but didn't it make people of Shinagawa quite upset? How was it like, Hayashi-san?"
Katsuhiko Hayashi, Famitsu Editor-in-Chief: "No no, I'm not from Shinagawa lol. But It was a good thing Nintendo, MS, and Sony stood together at TGA."
Saito: "Yeah but, you know P5 got an award at the PlayStation Awards two days before right, so Shinagawa people would be upset you know? There were third party reveals before like Cloud, but the reveal of P5 joining in was so... I mean,everyone was so excited..."
Hayashi: "Well, It's a good thing."
Saito: "It's him right? Sakurai-kun made the call?"
Hayashi: "Yeah, it was."
Saito: "*Sigh*... It's so frustrating NieR didn't get the call."
If you want to entertain something though, back during the DQXI S Japanese launch stream, Sakurai posed with Saito on-stream (time-stamped link below, starts around 2:55:56 mark). This was one of the three appearances that Sakurai made during the stream (the interview with Horii, the midnight countdown, and this of course). It should be noted that Saito is the series producer of Dragon Quest and the Square-Enix business division in charge of Dragon Quest is also in charge of Drakengard/Nier as well, so this might not mean much, though it strongly suggests that Saito and Sakurai are very familiar with each other in the industry.

Though if 2B does happen, I would think this meeting on-stream would have had some role in her inclusion. The one thing you definitely can't deny is that Saito is straight up trying to pull a Kojima on Sakurai.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Oooo, I've never seen that! Interesting... Thanks for sharing. If all goes well, we can call it pulling a Saito and a Goichi Suda while we're at it.

I wonder what conclusions I would've drawn back then had I seen that initially. Probably a similar one. I might've assumed that Saito was either playing dumb or willing to reach out or something. Oh well.

In any case, let's keep backing our girl.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I cannot believe I'm living in a world where four of my top five pipe dream characters that aren't completely impossible like Marina Liteyears or Scrooge McDuck are either already in Smash (Joker, Terry) or are heavily rumored to be in (Phoenix, 2B).

Wild.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
If we get f***ing Scrooge Mcduck you are officially Masahiro Sakurai's daughter.

I wonder how many people here support Drakengard. I would like music and spirits at least.

Last edited:

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Quite honestly even if she is not character 5, I think there is a good chance she could be the first post pass DLC character announced and I think the first post pass DLC character will be announced alongside character 5 at TGA so we could still see her.

Top Bottom