• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2B Automatizes!

Ricksaw

Smash Cadet
If you want to entertain something, Nier series producer Yosuke Saito announced a Christmas Niconico livestream/interview he is hosting with several Japanese developers including Sakurai and Yoko Taro. Joining them include Square-Enix's Takashi Anzai, PlatinumGames' Hideki Kamiya, and former Square-Enix employee Jin Fujisawa.

So yeah i was watching this but i cant really understand a lot and dont know what are they talking about, so do we have some news or they are just talking for fun?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
All this discussion and talk of 2B on the site had prompted my interest to pick up the game using my Christmas money on Boxing Day.

That said here's to wishing you guys luck in her making FP5 or post-Pass. Won't exactly say I'm supporting her or anything but she seems like an really interesting character who has an potential and unique moveset so I'd be down to seeing her especially how she'd play.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
What Neir autómata game for the PS4 should I get?
I mean there's only the normal version and then the Game Of The Year (YoRHa) edition. Get the GOTY one, it comes with all the DLC (which is a few extra bosses, costumes, and little developer bits and side missions).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean there's only the normal version and then the Game Of The Year (YoRHa) edition. Get the GOTY one, it comes with all the DLC (which is a few extra bosses, costumes, and little developer bits and side missions).
Will do, will do.

Senatiator

Smash Apprentice
NieR Automata has a collaboration with Shadowverse announced for Summer 2020.
More details should come soon.

Also, Belzifer and Emi Evans composed a song together called “Designed to End” for the end of the decade that started with NieR.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
They sure are crossing over with everything...

I'll try not to get too hyped unless it actually happens, but it's looking more and more possible that 2B could make it in Smash, which is insane because until this DLC cycle started she was there with Joker as my impossible dream. Sheesh.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
They sure are crossing over with everything...
Yoko Taro's words when asked if he would like to see 2B in Super Smash.

Yoko Taro said:
Definitely. Any collaboration, actually. If any of my characters could be in another game, then I’d definitely like to see that.
Source

He's loving this s***. lmao Nier Automata's crossover list is rather noteworthy if you exclude Square Enix properties, and it is long af if you include them. Without Square Enix we got

Shadowverse (Cygames)
Soul Calibur 6 (Bandai Namco)
Phantasy Star Online 2 (Sega)
Gravity Rush/Daze (Sony Computer Entertainment)
Monster Hunter Frontier Z (Capcom)

With Square Enix crossovers/cross promotions we got

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (notable for being on 3DS)
Bravely Default Fairy's Effect
Dragon Quest
Final Fantasy XV
Lord of Vermillion
Star Ocean: anamnesis
SINoALICE
Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
VALKYRIE ANATOMIA ‐THE ORIGIN‐
Spelunker World
Servant of Thrones
Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers

There's also Drakengard if you want to count that. I'm probably missing some s*** on both lists. I'm also anticipating a Bayonetta 3 crossover because of PlatinumGames.

Anywho, if Super Smash gets added to the list and we get a direct, I want Masahiro Sakurai and Yoko Taro to introduce themselves by floating down like the CEO boss battle. Yoko surprises us by dropping in midway.

Then they comment on how that took all of the direct's budget.

Last edited:

Matadormon

Smash Apprentice
If 2B made it in Smash, I can't wait to see R.O.B. die in her trailer, lmao.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
How likely do you think it is that we'd get this track in Smash if 2B got in?

Bipolar Nightmare seems like it would be a safe bet but this is another song I'd really love to see get in.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
I don't know about This Cannot Continue specifically, but Birth of a Wish has like 5 different variations, so chances are that one of them would get in, so very likely. Maybe two if we get the chiptune version. Maybe all of them and a remix if they give us the Terry treatment. Hell, I've heard all of them mixed together/playing simultaneously and that was good. The only version I doubt getting in specifically is Become as Gods, for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I was told to come here by KatKit.

Count me in y'all. I just finished playing Nier: Automata and I loved it.

The Prologue on Hard Mode not so much why the **** aren't there checkpoints and why the hell does the final boss 1 hit you so you have to go back and do the entire 20 something minute sequence just to try again

Edit: I beat the Prologue on Hard Mode. This game is good again.

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
^Adding this to the OP.

Also, had to remove a video from the OP, due to it being deleted.

Anyhow, with PlatinumGames promising loads of new info this year, it's possible a Nier: Automata Switch port might be announced. If that happens, then I could see 2B's chances rising.

I really hope to be able to join PlatinumGames someday. I really like their style. Like Nintendo, they value diversity and originality. Overall one of mine few favourite companies of all time.

Ricksaw

Smash Cadet
Well people tomorrow we will know if we get her in the first fighter pass or if we will have to wait a some more.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Stopping by to wish in your favorite female android possibility making the cut tomorrow.

The best of luck to you all.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Throwing in my final good luck for 2B. I really can't help this shaking feeling that she'll be present in Ultimate somehow.

Ricksaw

Smash Cadet
Well ****, but there are still 6 more characters coming so there is still a huge chance she can be in between those 6 already chosen characters. I still have hope and i will never stop supporting 2B.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Before Joker's reveal I thought she was just a pipe dream.

Now knowing that we have a second pass and Sakurai is clearly meeting with various developers to discuss these things...well... I don't think she's so crazy anymore.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Before Joker's reveal I thought she was just a pipe dream.

Now knowing that we have a second pass and Sakurai is clearly meeting with various developers to discuss these things...well... I don't think she's so crazy anymore.
Honestly I'd go as far as saying I think she's the most likely Square-Enix character.

Ricksaw

Smash Cadet
Do you think the amount of love the concert got recently will help 2B get into smash? I even saw that yoko taro and some other important people were there giving their signatures to the fans of the games.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Sign me up for the support list.

Nier Automata alone is such a masterpiece that I fully want 2B to be playable in the future. I could definitely see her be a Joker like pick to open the pass.

Also, Nier music in Smash.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
With Sora seemingly out of the running given that recent video. I feel 2B's chances has risen.

There is Geno and while demanded he's not as heavily demanded as believed.

Ricksaw

Smash Cadet
With Sora seemingly out of the running given that recent video. I feel 2B's chances has risen.

There is Geno and while demanded he's not as heavily demanded as believed.
What video? How is he out? Plz tell me this is real and he is actually out out for good. That would actually make her pretty possible.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
What video? How is he out? Plz tell me this is real and he is actually out out for good. That would actually make her pretty possible.
Imran Khan, former editor-in-chief for Game Informer and a reputable insider, says that Disney Japan is keeping Sora from being in Smash.

Now this doesn't mean that 2B is a lock, but I think she has a chance. I myself would love to see her make it in at some point.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I don't think negotiations falling through for Sora means anything for 2B, considering it's Disney vs. Square. Also, the implication here is that these negotiations were for Sm4sh and possibly pass 1, not 2.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Visiting from the Geno thread.

I think the video is more of a reason he hasn't been in the game yet more than a total disconfirmation.

However, if there is any truth to Sora not being in Smash Ultimate, I think this makes the front runners for another Square-Enix character to be 2B and Geno.

JoZerp

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 6326 4459 2403
Sign me up for the support list.

Nier Automata alone is such a masterpiece that I fully want 2B to be playable in the future. I could definitely see her be a Joker like pick to open the pass.

Also, Nier music in Smash.
How? sorry, i haven't played automata yet :(

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
While I don't think anyone is a "lock" for season 2, the closest I feel are Dante and 2B as the frontrunners as they have so much going for them. It would be great for me if she is FP6 so we can already get that out of the way soon. :p

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
While I don't think anyone is a "lock" for season 2, the closest I feel are Dante and 2B as the frontrunners as they have so much going for them. It would be great for me if she is FP6 so we can already get that out of the way soon. :p
I'd say Crash too tbh. That or I've just got a gut feeling about him.

Matadormon

Smash Apprentice
Can you explain what you mean they have so much going for them?

D

Deleted member

Can you explain what you mean they have so much going for them?
At least for Dante he has some things going for him, Capcom is really pushing the series as at lately:
-DMC 1,2, 3 with new features are on the switch, maybe 4 SE will be available in the future
-One of capcom's top franchises like Street Fighter, Mega Man, Monster Hunter and Resident Evil, all of them have some content in Ultimate
-Animated series coming soon directed by the same dude from the Netflix Castlevania series
- Came back to relevance with DMCV which was a hit, in turn increasing his demand
- New wave of merchandise
- some rumors about him being in Smash
-No capcom fighter dlc yet, I guess... With Resident Evil and Monster Hunter probably not getting a fighter I guess Dante would be next in line.

Not sure about 2B though. Though Rumors of a NieR game are mentioned, probably a remaster.

Normanz

Smash Rookie
At least for Dante he has some things going for him, Capcom is really pushing the series as at lately:
-DMC 1,2, 3 with new features are on the switch, maybe 4 SE will be available in the future
-One of capcom's top franchises like Street Fighter, Mega Man, Monster Hunter and Resident Evil, all of them have some content in Ultimate
-Animated series coming soon directed by the same dude from the Netflix Castlevania series
- Came back to relevance with DMCV which was a hit, in turn increasing his demand
- New wave of merchandise
- some rumors about him being in Smash
-No capcom fighter dlc yet, I guess... With Resident Evil and Monster Hunter probably not getting a fighter I guess Dante would be next in line.

Not sure about 2B though. Though Rumors of a NieR game are mentioned, probably a remaster.
From what i've seen, the evidence for 2b are:

-Nier's 10th anniversary is almost here and absolutely nothing has been announced yet
-Yoko Taro wants nier on switch
-Yoko Taro, in response to 2b being in smash said, "Definitely. Any collaboration, actually. If any of my characters could be in another game, then I’d definitely like to see that. "
-Yoko Taro and Sakurai know each other and have met before.
-No sqaure enix rep in dlc yet
-Sakurai has stated that he played all Drakengard and Nier games and is a fan of Yoko Taro's work. "I’ve beaten NieR:Replicant and NieR:Gestalt. I’ve played every game in the Drakengard series as well. "
-People have been saying there isnt a female rep yet, and the only highly requested character that people want right now for dlc that is a female other than 2b that i can think of is Shantae
-its pretty crazy how many games 2b is in other than Nier:automata, this is the list:

(Lord of Vermillion, Servant of Thrones, Gravity Rush/Daze, Star Ocean: anamnesis, SINoALICE, Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, VALKYRIE ANATOMIA ‐THE ORIGIN‐, Monster Hunter Frontier Z, Soul Calibur 6 and a collaboration with Shadowverse was teased too)

This list shows that Sqare Enix is definitely down to pretty much put 2b in any game.

The only thing i can think of that is holding 2b back from being in fighter pass is that Sora and Geno are being requested, and they are both square enix. But we do have some evidence on Sora being cut so i guess the main problem would be Geno.

Another thing people are saying is that 2b is too sexualized, but that can be fixed easy peasy. (also, Bayo is in smash, like c'mon,)

So yea that pretty much all i can remember from the research ive been doing for the past week.
if i missed anything, help me out and add on to this.

Edit: Hero is a Square enix rep, so add that to evidence against 2b.

Last edited:

Normanz

Smash Rookie
You do know who makes Dragon Quest, right (or at least publishes it, but that's the same with Nier)?
Oh ****, well i guess the fact that theres already a square enix rep in fighter pass means that the chances of 2b actually goes down.

Pallex

Smash Journeyman
From what i've seen, the evidence for 2b are:

-Nier's 10th anniversary is almost here and absolutely nothing has been announced yet
-Yoko Taro wants nier on switch
-Yoko Taro, in response to 2b being in smash said, "Definitely. Any collaboration, actually. If any of my characters could be in another game, then I’d definitely like to see that. "
-Yoko Taro and Sakurai know each other and have met before.
-No sqaure enix rep in dlc yet
-Sakurai has stated that he played all Drakengard and Nier games and is a fan of Yoko Taro's work. "I’ve beaten NieR:Replicant and NieR:Gestalt. I’ve played every game in the Drakengard series as well. "
-People have been saying there isnt a female rep yet, and the only highly requested character that people want right now for dlc that is a female other than 2b that i can think of is Shantae
-its pretty crazy how many games 2b is in other than Nier:automata, this is the list:

(Lord of Vermillion, Servant of Thrones, Gravity Rush/Daze, Star Ocean: anamnesis, SINoALICE, Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, VALKYRIE ANATOMIA ‐THE ORIGIN‐, Monster Hunter Frontier Z, Soul Calibur 6 and a collaboration with Shadowverse was teased too)

This list shows that Sqare Enix is definitely down to pretty much put 2b in any game.

The only thing i can think of that is holding 2b back from being in fighter pass is that Sora and Geno are being requested, and they are both square enix. But we do have some evidence on Sora being cut so i guess the main problem would be Geno.

Another thing people are saying is that 2b is too sexualized, but that can be fixed easy peasy. (also, Bayo is in smash, like c'mon,)

So yea that pretty much all i can remember from the research ive been doing for the past week.
if i missed anything, help me out and add on to this.

Edit: Hero is a Square enix rep, so add that to evidence against 2b.
Has there been any confirmation about what exactly is 2B’s and No. 21’s involvement in future roles are yet?
http://firesanctuary.com/blog/2019/...ll-be-hearing-news-about-yokos-new-game-soon/

Top Bottom