• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D

Deleted member

Question: Is it possible to have a subaction jump to another subaction, then jump back?

EDIT: Oh, and how do I hold an enemy in place, like with the final smashes of Ike and the Links?
use the "goto" command. read out the offsets* and use those.

for the second question you'd best look into those actions to see what they do.

*do this AFTER you have completed writing both actions AND added the goto command, due to shifting memory

D

Deleted member

no a clue. might as well be an animation that LOOKS a lot like that animation.

ALF

Smash Cadet
OK, I've tried everything I can think of. I've replaced all the code for the utilt with the code for the uthrow, I've made it change sub-action to the uthrow, even directly used a Goto for every event list, and it still fires horizontally. Obviously there is some code working that isn't in any of the event lists. Does anyone have any idea where that could be?

EDIT: I meant uthrow, not uair

D

Deleted member

all I can think of is that the laser will only fire that direction if an opponent is actually thrown
this would however be coded in the laser's properties, which we can't edit.

just for the sake of doing so replace Dthrwo with Uthrow and vice versa.

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
Which attribute affects how far you're knocked back when you take a hit? I think I accedentally changed it by mistake and can't find out which one it is since it doesnt have a discription.

D

Deleted member

Which attribute affects how far you're knocked back when you take a hit? I think I accedentally changed it by mistake and can't find out which one it is since it doesnt have a discription.
weight. 10char

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
A1000100: 1-0

Gives the screen a quick, violent shake. Nice effect for powerful moves, I'd think.
Thank you :D Now I can give Kari Earthquake.
EDIT: It isn't working... Is it supposed to be in the Main?

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I've got a big problem.

My Wii Freezes even before I can start a match. I did a very simple graphic change to Mario's dash attack just to try the program, but it always freezes on me.

I use a 2GB SD card, is that a problem?

My Wii also freezes when I try to use any texture, but when I downloaded Roy, (awesome project), it worked just fine. Do I need something special to make it freeze less?

Thanks.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
did make an "allow interrupt" on your mario's dash attack?

the sd card thing isn't a problem.

the textures shouldn't be a problem, unless you don't have the latest file replacement code.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Ok, I've got a big problem.

My Wii Freezes even before I can start a match. I did a very simple graphic change to Mario's dash attack just to try the program, but it always freezes on me.

I use a 2GB SD card, is that a problem?

My Wii also freezes when I try to use any texture, but when I downloaded Roy, (awesome project), it worked just fine. Do I need something special to make it freeze less?

Thanks.
Make sure the graphic things are in the "GFX" sub heading.
-DD

ALF

Smash Cadet
Thank you :D Now I can give Kari Earthquake.
EDIT: It isn't working... Is it supposed to be in the Main?
No, it belongs in the "Other" event list.

By the way, can anyone tell me what 07070200 is? I see it a lot in the Other list, it always has two parameters, the second of which is always 0-0, but I don't know what it does.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
By the way, can anyone tell me what 07070200 is? I see it a lot in the Other list, it always has two parameters, the second of which is always 0-0, but I don't know what it does.
That is the Rumble command. The first parameter is said to be the intensity, with the 2nd being the duration. I've not see that confirmed though. (Except that it's definitely the rumble command.)

Ninjajon19

Smash Rookie
****. whenever i finish a character and save the pac file on to my sd card, my laptop crashes. i take out my sd card and plug it to my wii and start with gecko os v1.9.2. when i play with the character, my wii freezes. i need help.

ALF

Smash Cadet
I think the first 1 and A are switched.
oops, my bad D:

****. whenever i finish a character and save the pac file on to my sd card, my laptop crashes. i take out my sd card and plug it to my wii and start with gecko os v1.9.2. when i play with the character, my wii freezes. i need help.
Don't save to your SD card. Save to your computer, then copy and paste it to your SD card. I had the same problem.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
oh, yeah, that's what I Do. I always save it into the meowmix pac files folder. Obviously I don't save over the original file.

ALF

Smash Cadet
08000100 0-X seems to control whether or not you fall off the edge when moving on the ground. So far as I've tested, 1 means you fall when you reach the edge, while 2 prevents you from falling off. I haven't tested it fully yet.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
08000100 0-X seems to control whether or not you fall off the edge when moving on the ground. So far as I've tested, 1 means you fall when you reach the edge, while 2 prevents you from falling off. I haven't tested it fully yet.
Or perhaps...this means you fall during the animation instead of stalling in midair.

This is good. This is very good.
-DD

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying to find the Code to make a character look as if he's always holding an item..
my reason being is i'd rather link's shield stay on his back..

if anyone knows this, i'd appreciate it :)

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
I'm having trouble installing mono. bleh.

I'll probably just end up buying a usb sd card reader for my desktop comp, and just stop using my mac lappy to get textures and stuff.

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
I'll go to a office depot and pick one up tomorrow, then I'll begin my assault upon SA...when I get back to my comp next week. >:O **** you anticipation!

MaxThunder

PM Support
isnt there some kind of program that allows you to use windows programs on a mac?... i think i've heard a friend mentioning something like that...

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Or perhaps...this means you fall during the animation instead of stalling in midair.

This is good. This is very good.
-DD
Hmm... Worth testing.
isnt there some kind of program that allows you to use windows programs on a mac?... i think i've heard a friend mentioning something like that...
Yes, there is, but I dunno how easy it is to use.

MaxThunder

PM Support
yoshi's double jump subaction got this:
Asynchronous Timer: frames 7
020A0100: 0-9
Asynchronous Timer: frames 29

... does this have anything to do whith his jump not shortening?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I'm trying to find the Code to make a character look as if he's always holding an item..
my reason being is i'd rather link's shield stay on his back..

if anyone knows this, i'd appreciate it :)
The only way to do that is to use the animations that the character uses when holding an item. For example, try replacing "Wait1" with "WaitItem". If WaitItem is what I think it is, that should get the job done.

EDIT: Well! I tried it myself. He does look like he's holding an item, but that doesn't remove the shield. Nevermind!

ALF

Smash Cadet
Hmm... Worth testing.
More info on 08000100:

Just looking quick at some of the code, I found it being used in Yoshi's, Ike's, Falco's, and Fox's side-b action codes. All of them are used in infinite loops, so the 08000100 code might be a frame by frame test or something. Note that Ganon and Captain Falcon have similar side-B moves, but they don't use loops or the code mentioned. Also of note is that while on the ground, the parameters used are 0-1, which allows them to fall of the side, and 0-2, which prevents them from falling off, yet the same code is called while they are using the aerial versions of those same moves and uses the parameter 0-5. I don't know what that does yet.

Top Bottom