• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[22 JAN] Comprehensive Guide to AT's, Discoveries and Glitches (Posting Rules in OP)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'm going to do an update soon.

I'm just bogged down with other responsibilities and ventures at the moment >.<

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Link is completely missing.

Smooth Boot, Bombslide, DAC with Bomb, Boomerang Arrow Cancel Lock, Double Arrow, Triple Arrow...reverse bomb slide...

If you want I can do this for you :p (the above AT for Link)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'd definitely appreciate it if you or somebody could present the facts on Link. (preferably in the format used in the thread).

There's only so much I can do to keep up with everything, and Link is definitely one of the characters who's techs need to be in here.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Thanks Niko >.<
I'm most likely going to update this tommorow, since I'll have a whole lot of nothing to do.

Alopex

Smash Ace
Vyse, under Stutter Stepping you have a list of characters that can do it. That list is Ganondorf, Sonic, Mario, and Captain Falcon.

This is the topic that most confuses people in Brawl, because we have two techs with the same name.

So, Stutter Stepping is exactly what your Stutter Stepping thing describes. And every character can do it.

The unique thing that Mario, Sonic, Ganondorf, and Captain Falcon do is something different and I think we should call it Backstepping.
All it really is is a revery Fsmash. Face right, C-stick left, and the character will use the Fmash but will take a noticeable step towards the left, essentially increasing the range of the Fsmash by automatically moving the character.

Here's a good video that explains everything in detail: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRFFZyfeG2o

This is a topic we NEED to address because even the SBR is getting confused about what Stutter Stepping is, as can be seen in their discussion of Mario: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=203550

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
It might be a good idea to make a new thread about it so people know there's a difference.
*goes to make thread*

Tenki

Smash Hero
Really really easy!

What the Glitch does: It allows you to purposely make characters the same color with any amount and any color.
How To:
1: Select the desired character and color you want with one player.
2: Go down to where it Says Player 1.
3: Click it till it that player is not playing or a cpu and is un selected.
4: Let the other player choose the same color but not un-select this time.
5: Switch it to team brawl.
6: While In Team brawl Join the first player back in.
7: Switch it back to regular brawl .
8: Hit start.
9: Select desired stage.
10: Enjoy!

To have more then 2 of the same simply Select color on first player un-select then the same on the others wanted and on the last simply choose the color then switch to Team Brawl. Sorry if this is already known I searched and could find it no where.

lol a glitch! :laugh:

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
lol, crap, I still have to update this. My internet ran out the other night hurrr.

I'm going to update soon, I promise.

I'm just really really really busy with traineeship related work.

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
This is completely pointless, as Brawl is not competitive. Everyone starts out as a pro in Brawl.

Serious mode: This is actually really sick, though I was disappointed that Ike has no character specifics. Makes sense though. I'm going to have to start practicing these if I want to keep up it seems.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
vyse said:
- Down-B to F-Smash
How to Perform: On a stage with a large slope (Green Hill Zone, Yoshi's Island Melee, etc), perform a Down-B up-hill towards the slope. When you're on the slope, Jump to cancel the spin dash and execute an F-smash. Hard to do with the joystick, easy with the C-stick.
Effect: Sonic will go straight from a spin dash into an F-smash with no lag in between.
This works on the lower portion of the dorsal fin on Corneria as well. More importantly... you can do anything, not just an fsmash. Sonic will stand up in neutral position with the momentum carrying him forward.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Finished the latest update finally.

Redefinition of stutter stepping and 'back stepping/pivot F-smash' is worth a look.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Even though you added a link to the FLUDD and Cape guide, you never added FIHL (FLUDD Induced Hit Lag).

comboking

Smash Master
-Tilt Landing (by Sino)
How to Perform: Do a D-smash/D-air at the very beginning of your character's landing animation.
Effect: Character does a D-tilt instead of a D-smash or D-air. Timing is super-difficult, but it is possible.
*Note: On-land D-tilts can be performed without glitches by holding Down and pressing A/C-stick-Down during landings.*
what is so special aout this

Jewdo

Smash Journeyman
-Tilt Landing (by Sino)
what is so special aout this
Nothing, as far as in-game applications are concerned. Though it concerns the buffering system, it's just a Miscellaneous Glitch. It's an unexpected behavior of the game engine, but it isn't practical or useful for combat at all.

The Tilt Landing, more than anything, is an example of Brawl incorrectly interpreting input data. Or, more accurately, an example of Brawl interpreting input in a way that is completely unexpected. If you C-sticked down upon landing, you'd expect either (1) nothing to come out, or (2) a D-smash to come out as soon as possible. But neither of these things happen. Hence the existence of the Tilt Landing.

There are other special-case results for other inputs in Brawl, like the Super Secret B-Stick. However, neither the Tilt Landing nor the Super Secret B-Stick are useful at all. Neither of the buffer failures have been explored enough as to know their cause, and neither have led to the discovery of a truly powerful buffer exploit yet.

BOTTOM LINE - Tilt Landing is not very useful, but is noted because I found it amusing when I was compiling the Guide. I apologize for the confusion. That is all.

Itburns

Smash Journeyman
This has been known for awhile at the PT Boards but here are some AT's that have been discovered:

Ivysaur's Instant tether
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVSmzY_VRrw
How to Preform:
With Ivysaur, Run off the ledge and press up+b. He will automatically tether the ledge. If you Push A after tethering will grab the edge.
Effect:
This sets up Ivysaur for great follow ups including, but not limited to; nair spikes, bair, re-tether, dair and so much more.
Not only can you put excellent pressure on someone trying to recover but you can also pull off some awesome gimps.

Squirtles Hydro-toss.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCxZU7_iMEM
*hydrotoss starts at 2:10*
How to preform:
When squirtle picks up an item(Diddys Bananas, Peaches Turnip, ZSS armor pieces), RUN, Pivot then automatically JC an item throw in any direction.
Effect:
This gives squirtle extra momentum from the item throw and can slide half the distance of FD. He can also follow up with any attack without losing the momentum of the slide.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Why does a CPU sometimes get a Final Smash after being K.O.ed when I have items off?

comboking

Smash Master
A Pity Final Smash occurs when a player is KO'd and is 5 points behind compared to the current leader (thereby allowing the player in 2nd place to earn one, provided the gap is large enough.) This player respawns with the ability to perform a Final Smash. This Final Smash cannot be dropped by the player. Pity Final Smashes can be disabled only by turning Final Smashes off completely. Setting their frequency to 'None' alone will not be enough.
from smashwiki

BuLhaNuL

Smash Rookie
Wow, this post is awesome :D

And for my first message in smashboards, i will say a little situational glitch.

First you need to be Zelda/Sheik and play a match in Hal Berd stage. The glitch can be done when the flying platform arrives to the ship´s deck. When the lower platform is about to go into the deck´s surface, use Transformation (you know, Down+B).
If done right, Zelda/Sheik will not be pushed upwards by the ship´s platform and will remain INSIDE the Hal Berd. Being somewhat completly invincible as long as she is there (she can jump out whenever she wants) Also, she can move from right to left until the limit of the ship, and can attack whit Utilts and Usmash, Din´s Fire, etc.

Well, and that´s it ^^

Oh, and a silly curiosity. You can Falcon Punch MetaKnight while he is in his Tornado attack. As long as Meta´s attack doesn´t hits you first, and if he is in the reach of Falcon´s attack, he will PAWNCH Meta Knight hard! :D

Reeaaally hard to do in real combat. But well. It works. xD

ungulateman

Smash Journeyman
What about the glitch of the super-smash DI, i.e. when you hit a CPU and they fly at a right angle?

I think I worked it out. if you hit an opponent on their back, they super-smash DI automatically if you hit them up.

Try it.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Wanted to post this first, just saw it today.

Okay, this glitch creates an area that teleports people to the IC's and then back again very quickly.
I don't know the specifics of it, but I have a replay.

I will post what happens in the replay that I believe causes the glitch.
This was on Final D
The IC's used side-B and nana was immediatedly grabbed by DDD.
The camera pulled back as if there was an invisible object on the right side of the stage.
When characters entered this area, they teleported to the IC's for what seems to be one frame, then teleport back to the invisible area (Lets call it the Nana Pocket)

Also, Nana was stuck in her falling-after-side-b state and was stuck to Popo.

After IC's died, this went away.
Before this happened, we experimented with the Nana Pocket, and I was able to footstool Nana from it.
Also, IC's were fighting lucario, and I got hit with one of lucarios attacks while in the Nana Pocket.

If anyone can easily make a video, I have the replay and can send it, just PM me. I will try to reproduce this ASAP

Top Bottom