• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2020 US Presidential Election Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I will say it again, mail ins could boost Biden to victory, but man.

I overestimated Biden so hard.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
I am totally against four years of Trump, lol. I see a lot of leftists use that meme.

Oh damn, Biden is back in the lead?

Or am I reading it wrong? Probably the latter, because 209 + 61 = 270.
Reading it wrong.

Yes, Biden has a lot of confirmed Blues, but that's the problem, he has a lot of confirmed blues, and the pending blues he have don't add up to 61. Likewise, Trump has a LOT of pending Reds, and ones like Texas, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Florida are worth a LOT.

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
Yes, Biden has a lot of confirmed Blues, but that's the problem, he has a lot of confirmed blues, and the pending blues he have don't add up to 61. Likewise, Trump has a LOT of pending Reds, and ones like Texas, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Florida are worth a LOT.
Well, there's a reason why we only focus on those specific states.

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
At this point, he pretty much has to keep his leads and win Nevada, while swinging a state back in his favor, otherwise he's ****ed lol.
Given that it's the Hispanic vote that seems to be deciding things, I think those states are precisely what Democrats should be worried about.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I am going to bed. As of now, looks like trump got away with murder. The world is screwed. The usa will never get rid of covid and it is a hell hole.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Hard to say what will happen, though a divided Congress seems more and more likely. Whoever wins the executive will most likely be a lame duck President in terms of legislation and the Court system being set up for more packing by McConnell.

Hopefully down ballot elections in certain states will help protect against Gerrymandering; though Ohio & Florida seem like lost causes at this point.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
The fact that they're still unwilling to call Florida is ridiculous.

More than 98% of the vote is in, Trump has a three point advantage, and they still want to wait. At this point, you'd have to assume nearly every remaining vote was for Biden.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Georgia is now leading slightly towards Biden, according to the New York Needle thing.

That is something, right?

D

Deleted member

Biden is live, I think. I am not interested in listening to Biden, but I wanted to say this just incase anyone was.

Also:
1604467850643.png

Biden is basically guaranteed to take Nevada, and likely to take Arizona, so those are 16 points for him. He will have 243 points.

Biden needs to take at least two of the states listed in light red to beat Trump. Texas and Florida seem very likely to be in Trump's favor, sadly. That leaves Biden with Georgia, North Carolina, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. He needs to take two of those, and he will win. One thing to note is Biden taking Wisconsin and North Carolina would bring him to 268, which is VERY close, but not enough.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Well, at least my district in Ohio went for Biden. Still, many Trump Ohioans are saying to give the victory to Trump. Ohio has a hugely inflated ego because “we decide who becomes president”. Then again, Ohio Democrats were also doing that in 08 and 12. I’m not very surprised that Ohio went for Trump. Just within my family alone (I have 16 members within my extended family on both sides), I am the sole “Democrat”. Everyone in my family are crazy for Trump along with a cousin who is a member of the Proud Boys and participated in Charlotte (he was one those screaming while wielding a tiki torch).

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I’ve resigned myself to Trump winning. It was a good run but the numbers and results are looking like it’s going to go that way.

It’s just my hope that if this does come to pass, that the protesting and demonstrating that comes afterward doesn’t resort to violence from either side.

D

Deleted member

Alright.

Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan are Biden's only hope. If Biden takes two out of those three, he will win. Mail in ballots will give him a needed boost. It is all up to these three states.

Also...
1604468895549.png

Leave the Polish alone, you *******.

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace

This seems to be matching 2016 almost down to the letter. If what Cohn is saying here is true then Trump may take Arizona again.

D

Deleted member

This seems to be matching 2016 almost down to the letter. If what Cohn is saying here is true then Trump may take Arizona again.
Alright, if Biden loses Arizona, then he will need to take Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan to win. He would need a huge comeback if he loses Arizona. Thankfully, Arizona seems pretty safe for Biden right now.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
After looking at the numbers, I don't think there's really any state outside Nevada, Arizona, and Maine that I could see Biden winning. The leads in Wisconsin, Michigan, Georgia, Texas, and North Carolina are too high.

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
Alright, if Biden loses Arizona, then he will need to take Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan to win. He would need a huge comeback if he loses Arizona. Thankfully, Arizona seems pretty safe for Biden right now.
Comparing current maps to 2016 they both seem to be similar with the exception of Monroe county in PA breaking for Trump when it went Clinton in 2016. Unless Biden significantly swings a county in Wisconsin then all three will possibly go to Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom