• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2020 US Presidential Election Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm not one to really partake in political talks, but with Ohio swapping to red, and the gap in Texas growing more and more, it really does seem pretty much a lock at this point.

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
Been comparing 2016 battleground states to what's currently reported and Ohio, NC, and possibly PA are lining up very close to how they were in 2016. I'm thinking Trump will take Ohio and NC at least.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

North Carolina is very close right now. If Biden loses in North Carolina, this could be bad.
I'm not one to really partake in political talks, but with Ohio swapping to red, and the gap in Texas growing more and more, it really does seem pretty much a lock at this point.
Mail in votes are something to consider, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Here is another map.
View attachment 291116
The election is far from over, but man, how is Trump winning the popular vote? The hell?

I still think Biden will take a victory, but it will be close. Also mail in votes are a thing to consider, and Democratic voters tended to stay indoors a lot more.
Biden will win the popular vote big time in California. If you exclude Cali from the 2016 results Trump would've won the popular vote by like 1.5 million votes.

Shroob

Sup?
North Carolina is very close right now. If Biden loses, this could be bad.

Mail in votes are something to consider, though.
We're probably going to hit 270 tonight at this rate tbh. I don't think those will change anything. With how close this race is, most of Biden's leads where they're not completely obviously blue states are just fractions of a lead, and as we've seen in Texas and Ohio, and soon NC, those can slip.

D

Deleted member

Ilhan Omar won in Congress for Minnesota. Not surprising, but it is nice to hear, compared to this warzone.

D

Deleted member

Neoliberal corporate dems really gonna hand this country to a fascist clown for 8 years because they didn’t want to cut into the profits of health insurance and fossil fuel execs huh

D

Deleted member

Madison Cawthorn won, and he is a literal nazi who visited Hitler's summer house and admired it. Damn it, that sucks.
Neoliberal corporate dems really gonna hand this country to a fascist clown for 8 years because they didn’t want to cut into the profits of health insurance and fossil fuel execs huh
What scares me is that libs are going to yell at leftists rather than neoliberal corporate dems that pushed heavily for Biden.

The Democrats are so weak, they are literally compromising with Republicans on Democratic policies.

Shroob

Sup?
Well, with Pennsylvania flipping red, I think that's all she wrote. Losing all these swing states is pretty much impossible to come back from.

Shroob

Sup?
Even if Biden loses, no way would I call him the biggest loser of the night.

That title should go to the dozens upon dozens of pollsters who were giving Biden double-digit leads. Seriously, they've been so off about tonight so far that it's almost laughable.
I wish after tonight there could be civil discussions regardless who wins.

But it's politics. Hell, I was seeing this **** on this very site all week. Politics feel now more about "Owning" the other side than actually caring about the country.

D

Deleted member

Well, with Pennsylvania flipping red, I think that's all she wrote. Losing all these swing states is pretty much impossible to come back from.
I mean Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin are heavily based on mail voting, so it is really difficult to determine who will win those swing states.

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
I mean Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin are heavily based on mail voting, so it is really difficult to determine who will win those swing states.
With how closely things are lining up with 2016 I would not expect any surprise surges. I think it will largely depend on how much in gains Trump made in minorities versus how much Biden made in rich whites.

D

Deleted member

So AOC, Ilhan Omar, Cori Bush, Jamaal Bowman, and Sarah McBride won, which is some good news compared to this at least.
With how closely things are lining up with 2016 I would not expect any surprise surges. I think it will largely depend on how much in gains Trump made in minorities versus how much Biden made in rich whites.
Here is what the Electoral Map looked like in 2016:
1604459887278.png

Considering North Carolina, Michigan, and Pennsylvania are open, as I said, it could still go in Biden's favor.

Yes, Trump is getting close, but he is not guaranteed a victory. It is still getting way closer than I thought, and that concerns me. I thought Biden was going to do very well after those double digit polls.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That title should go to the dozens upon dozens of pollsters who were giving Biden double-digit leads. Seriously, they've been so off about tonight so far that it's almost laughable.
****, same thing happened last term, I'm not surprised.

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
Not looking too great for Biden right now. He would really benefit from Texas RN.

EDIT: Looks lime Trump just won Missouri.

Last edited:

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
Here is what the Electoral Map looked like in 2016.
You gotta compare by county. Compare NC or PA now versus 2016. You'll see they are incredibly similar and any discrepancies are currently heavily contested or only have half the votes counted.

This is likely going into razor thin margins so it will probably only be minor differences that decided things.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So, who do you all think is gonna win? Looks like Trump is going to to me.
I was fairly of certain of Trump for a while, but it was nice to have hope. Democrats just ****ed up not letting Bernie take the wheel. :239:

D

Deleted member

Oh boy, if Trump actually wins, I really hope people are FURIOUS at the Democrats.

They worked extremely hard to push Biden over Sanders. Sanders was clearly a stronger candidate than Biden. Biden cannot even speak clearly. It is their fault that Trump won.

Remember, do not get mad at nonvoters if Trump wins. The Libertarian Party, which is a right-wing party, is more popular than the Green Party. That is something to keep in mind.
So, who do you all think is gonna win? Looks like Trump is going to to me.
I am still holding in hope for Biden, but it is going to be close.

D

Deleted member

It just goes to show that the Democrats are so weak.

As much as I hate Trump, many people genuinely love Trump. It is a cult.

Meanwhile with Biden, the only reason why most people are voting for him is to remove Trump. Many voters, especially young voters, aren't happy for Biden or Harris.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
What people need to remember is that big cities usually get their votes in first, hence why Pennsylvania, Texas, and even Kansas were blue for a little while. Once we get to the less populated counties where grandma, grandpa, and everyone's favorite fishing lake are, that's when the red starts coming in.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I admit, this was my prediction before the election.
1604461714444.png

Even if Biden wins, I just want to say that I am going to trust polls far less from now on.

I think Biden can still take this by mail in votes. Biden is not out of the ticket yet.

However, things are looking bleak...

Shroob

Sup?
Lets hope mail in voting turns some things around. It is surprising how dumb the usa is if trump gets reelected
Tbh, most Presidents tend to get re-elected, despite how bad they're perceived, like Bush Jr. was. This has felt like this way for a long time, it's really only after their 2 terms are up that people tend to shake things up.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I never pay any attention to polls anymore because I know most of it is fudged in order for the sponsors or pollsters themselves to get numbers they want.

Insider polls (polls from the candidates' own team) are more reliable because they tell you what you might not want to hear but certainly what you NEED to hear. It's how the candidates decide where to put their money.

If you knew some of the numbers that both Trump and Biden were getting prior to election day, then most of this would be playing out exactly like you'd expect.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Tbh, most Presidents tend to get re-elected, despite how bad they're perceived, like Bush Jr. was. This has felt like this way for a long time, it's really only after their 2 terms are up that people tend to shake things up.
That is a terrible thought. 4 years if trump was already really bad. 4 more would be a disaster.

Shroob

Sup?
That is a terrible thought. 4 years if trump was already really bad. 4 more would be a disaster.
A thought that's probably happening tbh. Mail in voting may change some things, but if it's a huge margin of a gap when the polls close, then there's just no way.

D

Deleted member

Lets hope mail in voting turns some things around. It is surprising how dumb the usa is if trump gets reelected
It's the Democrats that are the idiots. They pushed so hard for Biden and tried to smear and hurt Bernie Sanders at all turns. The news claimed Biden was more electable. Bernie had a concrete platform, and he is beloved by many. Biden is some racist, sexist neoliberal war criminal that the Democrats pulled out of their ass. The Democrats got Biden to won, tragically.

It just shows that they care more about maintaining the status quo than making actual change. They are a party that serves the elite, and are weak against the Republicans.
Four more years of Trump would be horrible indeed...

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
It's the Democrats that are the idiots. They pushed so hard for Biden and tried to smear and hurt Bernie Sanders at all turns. The news claimed Biden was more electable. Bernie had a concrete platform, and he is beloved by many. Biden is some racist, sexist neoliberal war criminal that the Democrats pulled out of their ass. The Democrats got Biden to won, tragically.

It just shows that they care about maintaining the status quo than making actual change. They are a weak party.

Four more years of Trump would be horrible indeed...
Given the image, i cannot tell if you are for or against.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Given the image, i cannot tell if you are for or against.
I am totally against four years of Trump, lol. I see a lot of leftists use that meme.

View attachment 291127

There ain't 61 votes even left on the map lol. He'd have to keep his lead in AZ, MN, IA, win NV, and swing a swing state back into his favor to pull this out.
Oh damn, Biden is back in the lead?

Or am I reading it wrong? Probably the latter, because 209 + 61 = 270.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
You need 270 electoral collage votes to win. Dark blue are confirmed going to Biden, Dark red are Trump. Light blue is currently Biden leading, light red is currently leading Trump, grey is unknown.
That is a lot of red. I feel the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom