• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2008/09 NFL season/post season

Mike87

Smash Ace
Withholding the grammatical errors of his post, there seems to be another issue at hand. This guy seems to be displaying the surefire signs of bandwagonery!! That is a serious crime in the world of sports! :ohwell:
really, who the hell has 3 favorite teams?

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Woooooooo Broncos actually might make it to the playoffs!

And then if they don't SUCK like they've done for about half of the year, we should do pretty good.

I'm not hating on the Broncos but I hate how if you win your division you automatically get a playoff spot. That would be ridiculous if either Miami, New England or the Jets got left out of the playoffs even though they all have a better record than Denver. They could all potentially have a better record by 2 games which is alot in the NFL. The same could hold true with the Arizona Cardinals as well if they stay on 8 wins and the Cowboys, Eagles, Saints, Falcons or Redskins end up with a better record with at least 9.

I don't mind having divisions due to it's fun to have rivalries by playing 3 teams twice in around the same geographical area. I'm just against having a team with the 7th or 8th best record getting in over the team with the 6th best record. The AFC and NFC Wests overall haven't even been all that competitive.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Week 16 Predictions

Well, here are my Week 16 Picks

Colts over Jaguars 29-13
Cowboys over Ravens 21-16
Browns over Bengals 17-13
Saints over Lions 30-17
Patriots over Cardinals 26-13
49ers over Rams 24-13
Titans over Steelers 24-21 OT
Bucs over Chargers 30-6
Broncos over Bills 17-9
Texans over Raiders 27-17
Jets over Seahawks 38-12
Vikings over Falcons 33-27
Eagles over Redskins 20-16
Panthers over Giants 24-16
Bears over Packers 31-10
Dolphins over Chiefs 20-17

Mike87

Smash Ace
Jake Long - 14 Starts - 5 Penalties for 40 yards - 2.5 sacks allowed for 15.5 yards
http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=8778&team=15

Joe Thomas - 14 Starts - 6 Penalties for 35 yards - 2.5 sacks allowed for 11.5 yards
http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=8257&team=5

Jason Peters - 13 Starts - 8 Penalties for 55 yards - 11.5 sacks allowed for 106.5
yards
http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=7122&team=2

So how does Jason Peters make the probowl while guys like Jake Long, Ryan Clady and Mike Roos get snubbed?

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
oh wow, i didn't know there was an nfl thread here...

scheduling got lucky this year, as the top two teams in each conference happen to be playing each other this week. amazing.

could either titans/steelers or giants/panthers be previews of championship games?

Peeze

Smash Master
Jake Long - 14 Starts - 5 Penalties for 40 yards - 2.5 sacks allowed for 15.5 yards
http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=8778&team=15

Joe Thomas - 14 Starts - 6 Penalties for 35 yards - 2.5 sacks allowed for 11.5 yards
http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=8257&team=5

Jason Peters - 13 Starts - 8 Penalties for 55 yards - 11.5 sacks allowed for 106.5
yards
http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=7122&team=2

So how does Jason Peters make the probowl while guys like Jake Long, Ryan Clady and Mike Roos get snubbed?
Based on name alone. That's why fans shouldnt get a vote. They skew the results.

D

Deleted member

Jake Long's stats look great, he'll be a Hall of Famer unless he gets injured.
Pro Bowl voting by fans is ********

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
Holy s*** what a game

2 Reed picks
fake FG run on 4th down
TD runs of 77 and 82 yards, longest in Texas stadium
Mason kickin a** with basically one arm

all this and much more on the last game in Texas stadium. All I can say is wow..

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
After seeing the Pats game, I just learned that we need more balance in the NFL.
Since when does the runner up for the Super Bowl get a ridiculously easy schedule? Detroit is a bad team and they had a much harder schedule than the Gaytriots.

D

Deleted member

It kills me to no end that the Chargers have an easier time making the playoffs than the Patriots. Patriots can go 11-5 and miss and the Chargers can go 8-8 and make it.

EDIT: Pick the Week 16/17 games to see who makes the playoffs. The Pats need a Baltimore loss or a Week 16 Jets loss and a Week 17 Jets win. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario

Bailey

Smash Hero
God that game gave me heart attacks.

I knew it would be an intense game.

Wind - 216 yards in under 15 carries

Earth - SEX and Hammer Time

Fire - EFF WITH HIM

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Go Titans! Straight to the super bowl!

I say Chargers win, beat Indy in the first round. Heard it here first.

Peeze

Smash Master
No they didnt. We ***** all day. We beat the Falcons in every major statistical category. Unfortunately, while dousing the Falcons in chloroform, we managed to spill a little in our eyes and woke up with butt pains.

Bailey

Smash Hero
They can't go winless it's impossible. Next week I'm betting all my money on the Lions.

Also Indy isn't losing to Chargers this year.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
It kills me to no end that the Chargers have an easier time making the playoffs than the Patriots. Patriots can go 11-5 and miss and the Chargers can go 8-8 and make it.
I agree. I'm not a Patriots fan or hater but that's very ridiculous if they don't make the playoffs despite the fact they could very well win 3 more games over Denver or San Diego. 3 games is alot. The NFL along with all sports needs to do away with "If you win your division you make the playoffs." Not only this but the Patriots schedule was more difficult than the Chargers and Broncos. Just look at the divisions. Of course it's easy to pick off wins from the Chiefs and Raiders as oppose to the Bills, and Dolphins. It should all be based on record.

They can't go winless it's impossible. Next week I'm betting all my money on the Lions.
The Lions will find a way to lose, they always do. Not only this but they haven't won in Lambeau since 1991. Won't happen this time, especially in the cold.

Mike87

Smash Ace
Awesome, Jets are on the verge of an epic collapse and Chad Pennington is looking for revenge.

Time to knock them the **** out of the playoff race

D

Deleted member

Wow, you're gonna lose all your money then. Going winless is not impossible. '76 Tampa Bay did it, and they actually lost 26 straight! Believe me, a 20 year Lions supporter, that Detroit will not win in GB.

And whoever said that if Dolphins win Pats won't go, there is actually another way for them to get in (Baltimore loss).

XACE-K

Smash Master
Awesome, Jets are on the verge of an epic collapse and Chad Pennington is looking for revenge.

Time to knock them the **** out of the playoff race
I seriously cried during the Jets game. They are all f***ing bums if they don't get in the playoffs.

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
^
True but Baltimore isn't likely gonna lose to Jacksonville at home. It could happen, but not likely.

Week 17 Pix
Atlanta
New England
Cincinnati
Green Bay
Tennessee- Colts still have bad run defense
NY Giants- closer matchup than I expected cuz Giants suddenly can't stop the run
Carolina- could end home win streak of all division games in NFC South
Pittsburgh
Tampa Bay
Houston- I swear to god they better win
Miami- same as ^
Philly- Westbrook!!
Baltimore
Washington
Arizona- they play good at home
San Diego- they are gonna play their a** off to make sure Denver loses. And they play at SD

--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI9C0n63F68
I think it was justified, everyone in Seattle was throwing snow at everyone.

XACE-K

Smash Master
True but Baltimore isn't likely gonna lose to Jacksonville at home. It could happen, but not likely.
That only comes into play IF the Jets and Patriots win. If that happens and Baltimore loses, Jets get 6th seed. I'ld rather have them get the AFC East title but as long as they get into the playoffs, idc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI9C0n63F68 I think it was justified, everyone in Seattle was throwing snow at everyone.
Ellis has been very up and down lately. First he gets caught with pot, than recovers a fumble for a TD that wins us a game and now this.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Man I was mad after Panthers lost. ;-;

We would have won if we were more aggressive in the Second Half like we were in the first half.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Week 17 Picks:

Falcons over Rams 30-3
Patriots over Bills 24-13
Bengals over Chiefs 27-6
Packers over Lions 24-0
Texans over Bears 24-14
Colts over Titans 17-13
Vikings over Giants 21-17
Saints over Panthers 27-16
Steelers over Browns 17-6
Bucaneers over Raiders 23-13
Ravens over Jaguars 34-7
Jets over Dolphins 20-17
Eagles over Cowboys 30-17
Cardinals over Seahawks 23-17
49ers over Redskins 20-13
Chargers over Broncos 31-23.

Kinda hard to picks some of these games. I bet alot of teams locked into playoff spots rest their starters. Might be backups vs. backups in the Colts/Titans game.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Haha, in my pathetic blindness I thought I saw the ball fly into 50 yards, not strait into the ground during that field goal. I jumped and cheered with what I thought was going to be the rest of my family. But they saw it, so I just kinda... sat back down quietly.

GG either way, and I don't watch football =].

Top Bottom