• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2007 MLG Smash Series: MELEE-FC Diamond: Pools and CANDY in first post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

artarian

Smash Journeyman
so are there any tentative dates yet for FC? also, where exactly in Indiana is it taking place? thanks much!

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Everything's still on track, and we're looking at the second weekend in July, as promised. We're still waiting on some outside information to come in, and then we're make full announcements.

Cort

Apple Head
Second weekend in July is also a gigantic anime convention in CT that I believe PC/Lil want to attend, atleast. =[

But whatever...

KishPrime

BRoomer
Unfortunately, date is set in stone, same date we've had every year. At least we're consistent...

AS Money

Smash Lord
its ten drephan i think it would make sence 1,3,6,?

the difference in all the numbers in this pattern is incresing by 1 each time from 1 to 3 is 2 and from 3 to 6 is 3. and if we use the pattern to put the next gap between the numbers 4 so 6+4=10.

now that is too easy and i am board so this is a warning to all those not fluent with pre-calculus or sequences it may confuse you a little oh well

since the pattern is incresing by one each time it is a geometric sequence simply meaning that it is a sequence where the first number is multiplyed by a set number then the answer is then multiplyed by the same number to get a series of numbers

the equation for this series is (.5n)*(n+1). the first number in the series is is n=1 pluging it in to the equation it comes out as (.5*1)*(1+1)=(.5)*(2)=1

the next number used is for the second event so n=2
(.5*2)*(2+1)=(1)*(3)=3

so for the fourth event n=4
(.5*4)*(4+1)=(2)*(5)=10

so if the FC-Melee is one of the greatest tournys ever known and goes on for 100 events the 100th event would make n=100
(.5*100)*(100+1)=(50)*(101)=5050

so if FC makes it to event 100 it would be FC5050

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
That's just propaganda to make everyone feel like the Kishes actually know how to count. Luckily for them, the numbers of the FC tournaments have gone in a sequence as described in the post above yours.

And yes, this is FC10. And yes, I will be there no matter what. I said that last time but I mean it this time for cereal.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Actually there HAS been an FC for every number 1-6. Just at a lot of them the turout is small for some reason.

artarian

Smash Journeyman
yeah seriously, where are those FC6 crew vids, i wanna see south owning up........until they lost.......:( lol.

_milktea

Smash Lord
Me too, I wanted to cosplay Amane Misa but it's probably/possibly the last summer of Melee, you might as well go to FC because you've already gone to Connecticon. I already paid too lol, I'm going to e-mail one of the staff members there to see if I can switch my pre-registration to some other kid, like one of Louis's friends.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
mm lil.. you haves a point... meh.. ill probably go to FC. i remember how much i regretted missing it last year hah.. CT ROAD TRIP!?! NUS YOU GET THE WET SEAT!

TGM

Smash Lord
Sethlon, i will have money and DAYS off. is it sat and sunday? or fri sat and sun? let me come with u and chris! PLEASE!

The FC will experience the legendary TGM combo.

KishPrime

BRoomer
It's actually Thursday through Saturday, as it is held in a church.

EDIT Oops typo!1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom