• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2007 MLG Smash Series: MELEE-FC Diamond: Pools and CANDY in first post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGM

Smash Lord
Do you have the venue nailed down? when i say this i mean could i have an adress so i can get directions? if you cant do that just yet, its cool.

G@BE

Smash Lord
Awesome.
So i guess that means Me Xyro Sethlon and Chris may be making a showing at this FC
My first one to go to.

artarian

Smash Journeyman
ok so i definitely plan on coming to this, but i just have one question...if i fly into midway on the 11th or a day before FC (if the date changes), would there be some1 able to come pick me up and drive me and i guess house me for a day?

TGM

Smash Lord
Another thing, If i just wanted to enter singles, must i pay the whole 75$ or 65$ fee anyways? or can you break it down by event?

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
The entry fee is all-encompassing. It is not split down into smaller amounts, because there are a lot more expenses than just the prizes at FC. We always hope that everyone will participate in every event anyway once they arrive.

artarian

Smash Journeyman
so umm, yeah, could some1 pick me up from the airport if i were to come? cuz i really want to come, but i dont know any1 up there, sooooo yeah. whats the situation with pick up for OoS?

KishPrime

BRoomer
It's still kind of early yet. We can't pick up from Chicago, and there's not a lot of smashers there. You can fly into SBN from Chicago or bus in to South Bend.

KishSquared

Smash Master
I dare say (gasp!!) that people should plan on getting hotels. This is a major event, we have 200+ people to manage, and no, you're not more important than everyone else and you don't deserve free housing. So buck up, spend $10 and go in on a room with smashers if needed. There are plenty of hotels within 15 minutes of the church.

More details to come!!

KishPrime

BRoomer
I should also add that he means for before and after the tournament.

During the tournament you will stay in the church.

AS Money

Smash Lord
i'm sure theres no exact number yet but how much is this FC going to cost about per entrant just a rough guess will do fine

Tink

Smash Hero
i can also provide rides from the airports, but it would be MUCH better if people could fly into midway, when making plans. its ALOT closer then ohare <_<.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
<3 chicago

it has all that jazz, giordanos, and second city. oh yeah, tink & eddie too :D

<3 <3 <3

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
lawl greg ill fro the hell out of that **** falcon, please i dont think a falcon has nor ever will beat me in tournie... this aint chu son... bring azen's nub *** falcon... suckin on my ******* let the games begin.

KishPrime

BRoomer
To answer a question from way back, it will absolutely not go over last year's entry fees, which were $75 in total. That includes entry to 3 (and maybe 4 this year) tournaments, housing, food (yes bad food, but a good amount of it), and the right to play for 3 days.

There will not be an option to pay for only some of these rights. It is all or nothing.

EDIT: We are still looking for ways to reduce the costs, but we'd like to keep prizes at least as high as last year too.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
lol i thought he always sucked at this game. big c, you are also going down. $5 falcon vs peach, ****, ill even be fox, or mario if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom