• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2007 MLG Smash Series: MELEE-FC Diamond: Pools and CANDY in first post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
g-reg you are one of the few TA people I've never played in-tournament. Shrug. Maybe this time. I suck against Falcon anyway.

Also it will need to be noted that there will be a cap this year, and that there will be a professional sign-up system in place. Evolution filled up in about 2-3 weeks for 128 people. I don't anticipate our signups lasting that long. If you are planning on coming, please save the money and be prepared to go in the next few weeks, or you may lose your chance.

To those of you that don't believe us because you saw the way the OC2 cap last year wasn't real, I assure you that this will be. If we up the cap at all after we are full, it will likely only be for about 10-20 people...if that. I don't say this as a threat, but rather to ensure that everyone who really wants to make sure they get in need to make preparations.

I'll make sure to post all this again when the time comes.

Tink

Smash Hero
ROFL, G-reg thinking hes good :p. 5$ MMs son, falcon dittos, fox vs falcon, sheik vs falcon, falco vs falcon, marth vs falcon. that is all good sir.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
kishprime you can take my advanced payment from trail and tink amongst others who will undoubtably be paying for my entry fee.

BIG C

Smash Master
u guys actually mean capping the whole tourny???? what a horrible idea

and to g-reg i don't even really play peach anymore ill do $5 sheik vs falcon maybe depending on cash flow at the time

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm definitely looking forward to this.

If you guys need any help with recording, setting up, or just need someone with a camera again just give me a PM.

Tink

Smash Hero
thinking back, i didnt get to play the great g-reg at FC 6 =(. we will have to play MANY a matches.

KishPrime

BRoomer
u guys actually mean capping the whole tourny???? what a horrible idea
No offense but your opinion sucks. The church in fact does have a limit on how many bodies it can support for three days.

Also, yes, payment will be required in advance.

Tink

Smash Hero
i thought the kishes didnt wanna have FC, so joshu and iggy stepped up to have it? <_< or was that just a rumor?

also, whats the capping going to be at? hope not too low.

edit: talked to iggles, i know everyhting now =).

Watty

Smash Lord
idc if there is gonna be a cap cause imma be all signed up so haha in advanced to every1 that cant go to fc cause the cap was full

BIG C

Smash Master
heh i mean the cap is just not a good idea to me i understand the church has a limit but i dont think that many more than 200 are gonna be coming to this but you never know and i would hate to be one of those few ppl who dont make the cap and cant come. cuz i know i wouldnt come if i couldnt enter the tournies and its an hr away from me.

KishSquared

Smash Master
Except we had ~207 people last year, not counting people who didn't enter. Odds are that it will go up. Yeah, the cap sucks, but it's necessary. Hopefully no one gives us a hard time about it, it's not our choice unless people wanna donate thousands of dollars to us to find another venue.

Ummm... that's a crazy rumor Tink. Sadly, not true. I'd love to see Iggy and Joshu run this thing ^_^ FC was definitely not gonna happen. But it's happening now for a different reason. You'll find out soon enough.

And no, it's nothing too dramatic. But nothing's for sure yet, so we don't want everyone getting excited about it in case it doesn't happen.

EDIT: We're thinking of capping it at 5. The roster will be Me, Prime, Joshu, Iggy, and whoever signs up first. Sounds like it'll be Watty!

Drephen

Smash Master
To answer a question from way back, it will absolutely not go over last year's entry fees, which were $75 in total. That includes entry to 3 (and maybe 4 this year) tournaments, housing, food (yes bad food, but a good amount of it), and the right to play for 3 days.

There will not be an option to pay for only some of these rights. It is all or nothing.

EDIT: We are still looking for ways to reduce the costs, but we'd like to keep prizes at least as high as last year too.
i loved the food

KishPrime

BRoomer
Yay Drephen!

Big C, I don't know how you can think 200 people is an upper bound. we went from 185 to 207 while ADDING 0C2 to the summer schedule. At this point I'm not convinced there'll be competition, so that's like another ton of people too.

BIG C

Smash Master
heh tim thats where u r wrong OC 3 is already trying to shut u down

talkin bout FC happens all the time and OC is trying to get the japanese players so forget about FC donate money to get the japanese over here

KishSquared

Smash Master
If the Japanese wanna come, they can pay their own way. They're no more important than anyone else.

I'd rather hang out with Big C any day.

BIG C

Smash Master
heh of course i mean i speak good english and everything not hard to understand at all. o and yeah do u guys still need ppl for staff cuz i remember last FC i was helpin out alot and you guys mentioned maybe havin me on as staff this time around. im still up for such a thing if I'm needed.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
If the Japanese wanna come, they can pay their own way. They're no more important than anyone else.

I'd rather hang out with Big C any day.
If i bring Bombsoldier and other japanese players to FC, how much will be donated for them?

It will take money to fly them in to CA then to fly them to FC which is even more expensive.

Like i said, I'm dead serious i can bring bombsoldier to the US

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
Like i said, I'm dead serious i can bring bombsoldier to the US
What is the purpose of paying money so we can bring a player [who is probably] superior to most of us.. so that we can pay money to enter a tournament, that most of us [will probably] lose to...

.. you're also making the assumption that one player is more important than the rest... and if we pay for one player, than why not pay for the rest. Your logic hurts my hair.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
There is some appeal to WCers in bringing Japanese players over, but we MWers do not seem to see it.

KishPrime

BRoomer
If you are asking, hey would you like Bombsoldier at FC, then sure, everyone would love to see that. We'd love to have everyone in the world, EK and Helios and Nihonjin and all the Japanese. But as an organization, I think we as a staff are more concerned about the good of the many over the good of the few. We strive for every one of our decisions to be in the best interests of everyone without showing favoritism.

That being said, I think you'll have to wait for us to have a good discussion as a staff before expecting a response to that kind of request.

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
I can understan why, as an organizer, you'd want bombsoldier to show up. In some areas that'd be a huge attraction and cause more people to attend.

However, I gather FC is easily gonna reach their sap when it comes to attendants, so no need to pay extra to have BS there, especially since the competition is gonna be craaazy anyway =)

manacloud1

Smash Champion
lol

If you are asking, hey would you like Bombsoldier at FC, then sure, everyone would love to see that. We'd love to have everyone in the world, EK and Helios and Nihonjin and all the Japanese. But as an organization, I think we as a staff are more concerned about the good of the many over the good of the few. We strive for every one of our decisions to be in the best interests of everyone without showing favoritism.

That being said, I think you'll have to wait for us to have a good discussion as a staff before expecting a response to that kind of request.
favoritism in the japanese? Think about it kish prime, how can smash get any bigger if you just sit in the midwest and play all the people you play every year? How many times have you seen big C at your events Kishes. Ken and I are trying to expand this community over seas and all over the world. The Japanese are a good start including making smash more widely known as a competitive sport. Fc offers the smashers the same thing every year, I havent seen anything new yet. What Fc is this ? Fc 20? Right now ken's telling you he can actually help you, just give him a price. As for bombsoldier being like any smasher, your joking right? You havent seen this kid play so dont make assumptions. Videos dont prove ****.

Mars-

Smash Champion
I would rather play somebody that I can talk to like Wes, HugS, Crashman, Watty, and all the other samus players in the U.S. then somebody like Aniki who I couldn't even talk to and couldn't get any advise out of. That is pretty much one of the biggest reasons us bad players fight the pros. To get advise.

favoritism in the japanese? Think about it kish prime, how can smash get any bigger if you just sit in the midwest and play all the people you play every year? How many times have you seen big C at your events Kishes. Ken and I are trying to expand this community over seas and all over the world. The Japanese are a good start including making smash more widely known as a competitive sport. Fc offers the smashers the same thing every year, I havent seen anything new yet. What Fc is this ? Fc 20? Right now ken's telling you he can actually help you, just give him a price. As for bombsoldier being like any smasher, your joking right? You havent seen this kid play so dont make assumptions. Videos dont prove ****.
How about the Japanese players pay for us to come there?

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
If videos don't prove **** then that means he can just as easily be terrible, why pay money for a potentially bad player to come? And you say smash is dying anyway, so why expand a community that will die at the end of the year? Prime said what will happen, once we talk about it you'll get an answer. And I don't get your logic, it seems to change topic to topic.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
I would rather play somebody that I can talk to like Wes, HugS, Crashman, Watty, and all the other samus players in the U.S. then somebody like Aniki who I couldn't even talk to and couldn't get any advise out of. That is pretty much one of the biggest reasons us players fight the pros. To get advise.

How about the Japanese players pay for us to come there?
qtf. besides.. i thought that Japan couldn't have a standing army b/c they thought they were superior to the rest of the world...

manacloud1

Smash Champion
lol

If videos don't prove **** then that means he can just as easily be terrible, why pay money for a potentially bad player to come? And you say smash is dying anyway, so why expand a community that will die at the end of the year? Prime said what will happen, once we talk about it you'll get an answer. And I don't get your logic, it seems to change topic to topic.
a community that is dying for melee, but what makes you think the japanese wont play brawl? Atleast expanding overseas makes more sense, and is what mlg is trying to do anyways. Tell me whats the advantage of fighting the people you see everyday, compared to fighting players from another country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom