• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2.6 impressions so far

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Edit: Spidermad, all the above I guess. haha
Multiple Wii's meant over the course of the years.
I spent more getting others to tournaments than myself.
And everything else between.

For both, makes sense, and cool, thanks.

That silliness is what I loved about some or Squirtle's stuff though... haha

I was having troubles finding a solid knock-back hit-box on it, at least I didn't find anything 'exceptional' on the end of it, and if there is one, it seems deathly impractical to actually land it other than raw hits high up.
I'll assume there's something I'm missing and keep playing with it. It's for sure functional, but not as universally 'throw it out there and it works' which is a good change. Good stuff.
Edit/PS: Nice analogy there. ;)

Shwagzamaxima

Smash Cadet
Ok, anybody F**KING LOVING METAKNIGHT?
He plays like a spacie and a floatie at the same time, it's amazing. I think I found my main. I thought Mario and G&W were cool, but this guy has so many options. Down-B+shield approaches are the best. Up-throw down-air juggles are the best. Everything is the best.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Everything but Dair is solid with MK.

Shwagzamaxima

Smash Cadet
I find the Dair to actually be ridiculously solid if you are fast and keep to the skies. It's great for SHUFFLing into for the purposes of popping somebody up. It's like a safer and faster D-tilt.
Also, it combos out of up-throw for a pseudo-chaingrab with fast-fallers. Now you know.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Does it actually combo out of Uthrow, because from what I'm seeing DI away ruins most followups for MK.

Shwagzamaxima

Smash Cadet
Again, fast hands. DI definately makes it harder, but not impossible, since they let you do the angle thing. If the person has great DI, you have to jump right after the grab, follow the DI, initiate the Dair, angle it, and cancel it in the window of one second. Hard, but doable. It's easier when you play someone with sh*t DI.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
After seeing what happened to Diddy's side-b, I'm hoping something similar happens to fox/falco/wolf. Shortening illusions is stupid hard and making it easier advances the metagame faster.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
MK feels incredibly solid and made of fundamentals rather than bull**** gimmicks.
Agreed. He feels like what Meta Knight should feel like: To Kirby what Lucas is to Ness; a counter-part that while having the same stature and background plays completely differently.

I am loving just about everything about Meta Knight right now, especially the fact that he is of course not a game breaker and community killer.

ItalianStallion

Smash Journeyman
Finally played 2.6. I love the new release. Just want to throw out some quick pros and cons so the PMBR can get the gist of how I feel.

Pros:
1. Like almost everybody is saying, MetaKnight feels really solid. I think you guys did an amazing job on him.
2. I know I say this after almost every release, and I am most likely getting placebo'ed again, but was the 1 frame lag fixed, because the game feels faster.
3. I didn't play 2.6 that long, but were shields fixed as well? Again, probably getting placebo'ed.
4. Holy crap, G&W is too beast! I did not realize that you guys buffed bacon/fish/hunks-of-meat that much.
5. SSE Jungle is now a competitive stage!
6. AI for Jiggz and Falco is hilarious!
7. Ivysaur is melee-fied!
8. Ganon's up tilt!
9. Link feels better. He feels smoother now. I was having fun with him.
10. I'm no Squirtle player, but it seems like you guys gave him well deserved buffs. His faster and more vertical Up-B was a good decision.
11. Lucario's f-tilt looks really cool with his OHC combos.
12. Lucas's dair and bair look nice and seem to fit the design of him better.
13. Sonic now feels really solid, but no longer so...annoying. Easily still a fabulously strong character, but no longer game breaking.

Cons:
1. Ness seemed like he missed out a little in this update. Things that I assumed would be automatic buffs (PK Thunder not being gimped so easily, magnet absorption not being so punishable) were not included.
2. Charizard losing his jumps after glide really impacted my game. I didn't realize how much it would impact me until after I played 2.6 tonight. I assume that he got some things to replace that, but nothing stuck out at me for the little while I played him (He might be faster, I don't know). I guess I don't fully understand the reasoning behind it. I really don't see a reason to nerf a character like that unless they are a lot better than the spacies. Nevertheless, Charizard is still my main and if this change is going to stay, I will just have to roll with the changes. For all I know, you guys did give him stuff that I'm just not noticing.
3. Is DDD's waddle dee toss slower? It felt like it. If so, I wonder why that happened.
4. I still have the opinion that although Pikachu is good, he still needs a little more to be in line with the rest of the cast. It seems like he missed out as well.

Jacob29

Smash Ace
So I guess not being able to wavedash is just me huh? :(

Could it be because I downloaded the wifi version instead this time?

Ekcho

Smash Rookie
Dear pmbr, if you guys go back and tweak sonic because of all the sonic whiners, please add the ice climbers while your at it.
As long as they bring the wavedash out of spindash I'm fine. That's all I need to be able to combo with him as good again. I think that's all that us Sonic fans need, based off of what everybody's saying.

Ekcho

Smash Rookie
Sonic didn't need finishers when he had total command of the entire game and could almost throw out random nairs and fairs during openings.

Finishing is the most overrated aspect as far as character traits goes. Pit was amazing before he got his kill moves super buffed, and he's great with them added.
Yeah, finishing is overrated with Sonic. He still has his F-air which to me is still great and his U-air is great, IMO, still. Plus, B-air still feels nice and his smashes still feel the same.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It really depends on what you define finishing as. The most important question to answer is whether you have the tools to reliably end that stock. Could be a powerful move or a powerful edge guard setup. Sonic was more like crazy edge guarding so he's probably not gonna miss power that much. HA and Fair/Dair won more games than Nair onstage kills or similar options. With that said, because some of his crazy onstage was getting nerfed I wouldn't see a need to scale back the power on hits as well. I haven't touched Sonic at all in 2.6 but I assume he was touched in naughty ways.

D

Deleted member

Ah finishing, my favorite topic.

Since I'm so good at sweetspotting Zelda's lightning kicks, I tend to finish early... a lot. The other player is usually upset and frustrated afterwards, which I can understand. I mean, if I blew you away while you were still raring to play, just dying to release all that pent up energy through your fingertips, wouldn't you be pissed too? But honestly, I couldn't care less about how they feel. I had a satisfying experience, and that's all that really matters to me. Luckily for them, I'm usually ready to go again in about 5 minutes anyway.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You god damn BETTER sweetspot those kicks because she ain't killing **** otherwise.

ItalianStallion

Smash Journeyman

Since I'm so good at sweetspotting Zelda's lightning kicks, I tend to finish early... a lot. The other player is usually upset and frustrated afterwards, which I can understand. I mean, if I blew you away while you were still raring to play, just dying to release all that pent up energy through your fingertips, wouldn't you be pissed too? But honestly, I couldn't care less about how they feel. I had a satisfying experience, and that's all that really matters to me. Luckily for them, I'm usually ready to go again in about 5 minutes anyway.
Ummmmm.....this was about sex.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232

I play Wario, so there's a lot of biting and farting before I finish. Once he unleashes his hot load, from his pelvic region, all over your face, he's got another one in the chamber in under 2 minutes! It's quite impressive, like clockwork, really!

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
-Metaknight
-Links Tweaks except for his boomerang.
-Bowsers Tweaks(Like Down B) except I dont care for his Fire breathe change.
- Ivysaur tweaks.
-Overall balance changes

Dislikes
-SSE: Jungle, It was better before. If we need more mid size stages there are plenty of bad stages we can still replace like Summit.
- Links Rang and its lost, range, utility for mind games and set ups. It makes me dislike PM Link

No Opinion
-Ganons Up-tilt
-GnW Changes although I really think he needed an airdodge after up-b before those changes.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
GnW is at a good place.
+ most changes (tech roll, chair change, dair change, etc)

- They should remove OMGWTFBBQ random big meat (hurr hurr) unless there's a specific, difficult way to do it. Like one of my other GnW brethren said "I want to play GnW, not the slots". Make it like dat purp, some sort of just frame bull****.
- Second hit of F-Smash. Revert it to 2.5. The old spotdodge punish was fine, especially since lingering chair was nerfed.

No opinion:
> Odd/Even number thing. Hammer in general.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Yeah, they had to replace it to avoid legal disputes. I suppose you could pull the Skyloft track off 2.5 and put it over the Hyrule Field theme.....

And for those questioning Link's Boomerang.......mix it up mid combo, and behold the true power of the Triforce of Courage....

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I'm very confused as to why the PMBR never releases a change list when they release a new version, or the fact that it takes WEEKS to compile a change log.

when the head people agree on a change, log it. It's not hard to do.

hell, even the SDR-BR released the change log within like 2 days after release and that was compiled by 2 people AND translated from technical jargon to layman's terms.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
We have almost 12,000 revisions to comb through - Multiple character builds, reversions, tweaks, etc. We make notes of things when they happen, but compiling it all into one cohesive, *correct* list at the end of everything can be a big task.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It's also hard composing concise thoughts when you have the body of an Alakazam and the brains of a Bidoof

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
I guess it has to be sorted out on what got into the public build from the dev one and what was kept the same from the previous public build.

edit:Welp, I got ninja'd XP too slow

Shadowtheoriginalone

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadoAnnaru
3DS FC
4528-3417-2533
Switch FC
SW 4317 5992 9594
Can anyone say if there were any kind of stage updates? New stages or updates to old ones? I don't want to go on replacing my old stages that I downloaded. I just want to replace/update ProjectM stages.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Lylat no longer tilts.
I just played on it, Lylat's background is horrendous and headache invoking. The stage needs to be thrown in the complete trash and then into a Saw mill and then paper mache'd over a balloon so I could throw it and the balloon into my local sewer drain

Also I feel weird on SSE Jungle now, like the opposite of a dream where I'm a ******

And Sonics homing attack, now it's like ZSS dair
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QymdoRBSIII

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
He was so amazed and fell in love with it, he's keeping it a secret

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I do believe I've noticed a numerous few stage tweak not yet given notice, Dearest Gentleman.
•Norfair is now a more middle sized state.
•Rumble falls has been rid of the visible stage shadow textures and polygons.
•Skyworld has a different layout(?)
I guess we just need to wait for le Patch List to confirm the little changes.

Top Bottom