• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2/3/2007 MD/DC/VA C3's Smash battle! Singles/Doubles/Crew Battle!!!

Drephen

Smash Master
while im on the MLG website...........

Stage & Character Selection 1. The higher seed has first choice for their seat(s) and controller port(s). The higher seeded team has first choice for their team color. Teams must sit together on one side or the other. If players/teams meet for a 2nd time in the Championship Bracket, the winner of the 1st series will have seat and controller choice.
2. The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random unless both players/teams can agree on a stage. After the stage has been randomly selected each player/team may call for a reset. Each player/team can only call for a reset once during a series. If a reset is called, another stage must be randomly selected. The stage that was first selected can't be randomly selected again, but is still available for a counter pick.
3. Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium
4. Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Rainbow Cruise, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium, DK64
5. Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.
6. Stages banned for Singles Only: Great Bay and Mushroom Kingdom 2
7. Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City
8. Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach's Castle, and Kongo Jungle, Onett.
9. No stage may be used twice in a Best of 3 or Best of 5 Series. The random select stages are the only stages that may be used more than once in a best of 11 series.
10. After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose to knock out one stage. Stages that are knocked out won't be used during the series. Random select stages can't be knocked out. The lower seeded player/team must make their knockout selection first. Once the first game has started, stages can't be knocked out.
11. After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.
12. For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.
13. During Championship Bracket competitions, players may ask for a double-blind pick during games four and five of a series. Players must call for the pick after the loser of the previous game has chosen the next game's stage.
14. If players/teams meet for a 2nd time in the Championship Bracket, their series will expand to a best of 11, include the previous series, and pick up where that series left off. For example, if Player A beat Player B 3 games to 0 in the Winners Bracket, the Best of 11 will resume with Game 4 and Player leading 3 games to 0. The loser of the 1st series will choose the stage for the 1st game of the 2nd series and players may call for a double-blind pick before any game throughout the best of 11.
15. If the players/teams meeting in the Championship Match have not yet faced each other in a series and the team coming from the Losers Bracket wins first series, another series must be played to break the tie since both players/teams would only have one series loss.

if this tourney is standard MLG rules this should be right, right? Cept 2 outta 3 for matches and 3 outta 5 for finals

g-regulate

Smash Hero
@ drephen, its usually like this.

everythings the same except for a few differences. you are allowed to ban anything you want, and you are allowed to counterpick a stage that has already been played on, but only IF you haven't won on it in the set. its best 2 of 3 (not 3/5), with winners/losers/grand finals all being 3/5. there is no "expand series to 11" rule, if you meet again in the bracket, the set starts over completely. besides that i think everything else is legit. we will probably do pools and take top 2 or 4 out of each pool to create a bracket, seeded by pool record.

TAK$

Smash Ace
k so i was out driving my friends car with him just working on my driving skillz, then some ***** pulls out of nowhere, and well, crashed XD so i might not make it here anymore, lots of ppl are mad at me but if i make it to chozens tomorrow/today and he takes me i can make it.

so redd i dunno if i can take you to chozens now, but if by some miracle my older brother/mom drives, then maybe. XD

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i think we'd all love to see it banned, but it really shouldn't effect you@drephen. if an ic grabs you once you're gonna be dead anyway

Drephen

Smash Master
i know that plarnikk

but chu can wobbles me when we both have 4 stock, Stall the match for 8 min, and win. He did it to M2K at the last tourney.

Dont ban the wobbles all together, just as a stalling technique.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i know that plarnikk

but chu can wobbles me when we both have 4 stock, Stall the match for 8 min, and win. He did it to M2K at the last tourney.

Dont ban the wobbles all together, just as a stalling technique.
word, if hes stalling with it i'll personally come and unplug his controller.

chu, im not even joking. dont be gay

p.s we're $10 MMing this tourney no more avoiding it chudatz

Wife

Smash Lord
Onett is on sometimes too.

@Md/Va -- here is the reason you can't ban neutrals anymore. This only applies to a best of 5 tho. Person A bans DL and person B bans BF. There are only FoD, PS, FD, and YS left to play on out of the neutrals. We play those four. Now the fifth level has to be a non-neutral, and like 80% of us hate non-neutrals. So really we're shooting ourselves in the foot, the way I see it.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't know how much say you should have in it Chris.
You barely even come to tournaments anymore.

Besides when it comes to the finals, I don't see how it's that big of a deal to play on ONE non neutral level.

KM-013

Smash Lord
lol you have a chip on your shoulder or something. what can i do to make you stop rubbing that in my face? you won, good job. i look forward to playing you again in teams.

Wife

Smash Lord
Sorry KM. **** I totally hate myself now! Should have been more careful of KM's feelings (not being sarcastic!!) I deleted it. I guess it makes it harder, you know, because there's like 20-30 people rooting against us and 1 person (my roommate) rooting for us. So like if you win all those people know it and love it and celebrate. But if we win there is just awkward silence . . . which is what happened pretty much. Awkward silence. You understand, right buddy? Eh comrad?

Tope -- In actuality this will be the 3rd weekend in a row I've gone to a tournament. I'm back now, baby. As far as stages w/e I don't even dislike your rule that much I was just explaining why it exists. "**** mlg" sentiments are outdated I think from when m3d ran it. Man, what a ****fest that was.

one more thing though --
CAN EVERYONE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SHOWER FOR TOMORROW!!?? EGL AND CHU'S HOUSE SMELLED SOMETHING AWFUL GUYS.
I'M BEGGING YOU TO COME CLEAN. FREE MATCHES FOR EVERYONE WHO SHOWERS TOMORROW!!
AND DEODERANT!!!
DON'T FORGET DEODERANT!!
PRETTY PLEASE!!!!
THIS TIME WE WONT HAVE TO SHARE WITH SMELLY HALO PLAYERS, SO WE CAN DO IT UP RIGHT.
SHAMPOO!
SOAP!!
DEODERANT!
HAPPINESS!!

that is all.

KM-013

Smash Lord
Sorry KM. **** I totally hate myself now! Should have been more careful of KM's feelings (not being sarcastic!!) I deleted it. I guess it makes it harder, you know, because there's like 20-30 people rooting against us and 1 person (my roommate) rooting for us. So like if you win all those people know it and love it and celebrate. But if we win there is just awkward silence . . . which is what happened pretty much. Awkward silence. You understand, right buddy? Eh comrad?

Tope -- In actuality this will be the 3rd weekend in a row I've gone to a tournament. I'm back now, baby. As far as stages w/e I don't even dislike your rule that much I was just explaining why it exists. "**** mlg" sentiments are outdated I think from when m3d ran it. Man, what a ****fest that was.

one more thing though --
CAN EVERYONE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SHOWER FOR TOMORROW!!?? EGL AND CHU'S HOUSE SMELLED SOMETHING AWFUL GUYS.
AND DEODERANT!!!
DON'T FORGET DEODERANT!!
PRETTY PLEASE!!!!
THIS TIME WE WONT HAVE TO SHARE WITH SMELLY HALO PLAYERS, SO WE CAN DO IT UP RIGHT.
SHAMPOO!
SOAP!!
DEODERANT!
HAPPINESS!!

that is all.
I understand where youre coming from, but its not like i organized an entourage to root for chu and I, personally i dont need it and i dont care (although i appreciate the intent). maybe you guys will also get a following if you continue to come to tournaments like you have been lately.

by all means, be happy that you won, you guys did a good job, but i dont see why being completely caustic in your manner of speech was necessary. we all have to live with each other on earth (or play smash together, whichever scale you feel like going by), why make it harder by putting other people down?

lol, and it didn't hurt my feelings. i may have whimsical and childlike ideals, but im also used to the real world.

in conclusion, no hard feelings, im hoping to play some smashbrothers tomorrow and have fun.

Wife

Smash Lord
Caustic: Capable of burning, corroding, or destroying living tissue.

sweet.

kiwiii

Smash Lord
AND DEODERANT!!!
DON'T FORGET DEODERANT!!
PRETTY PLEASE!!!!
SHAMPOO!
SOAP!!
DEODERANT!
HAPPINESS!!

that is all.

i agree, please wear deodorant. -____-. it smelled like armpit and doll's cologne at chu's place. dear goodness please don't put the rest of us through that again.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
cant wait for thsi shiz! theres actual free space to breathe here!!! unlike chus ...

so many people are just...like...awkward

kiwiii

Smash Lord
bowsertree, have you found a ride or should i look for another teammate? x_x

EEvisu

Smash Lord
I may or may not show up now cause of Frozens incident, all hope depends on my Smash mentor and what hes doing.

Nightmare KoRn Kid

Smash Champion
Aight guys...

I know it's last minute, but thursday I came down with a fever which progressed and got worse into today...

Sadly, I have no idea if tomorrow I'll be well enough, or allowed to, go to this...

I hope to be making it since this **** is huge, but I can't be sure

=\

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
OMG it's Rick. GET THIS MAN A RIDE.

I'll find a teammate tomorrow, apparently there are no takers ^_~

Levitibus

Smash Ace
Harmoniously Gripping The Wang of Society
SOMEONE TEAM WITH ME!!!

I already stated earlier that I'd pay for my teamates entrance fee for teams.

someone.. anyone..

it's free, you can't really do better than that.

I just don't wanna be sitting around doing whatever when I could be part of a tournamnet.

Andrew Ott

Smash Journeyman
Redd, you don't have a partner and this topic is on page 40? >.>

I'll team if you con't find anyone else.

Um... I haven't posted much here, but I'll be there.

Top Bottom