• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

12 Bosses

Status
Not open for further replies.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
nixxon, you're mixing up players from north america and japan lol
Well, I think you could mix them all with the american version. Correct me if i'm wrong, but the japanese are (were?) used to very few or no DI (which is the real big difference between the two games), so I suppose if they play the american version with DI, they would only get better... Don't they play the american version online anyways?

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
well, in a couple of months, we'll not only see my new and improved samus for ssb64, but we'll also see my ssbm samus too :p
I wish to see some Videos of your Samus. My samus use to be bad A**, but now that I dont play her that much anymore I dont think it would be good to use her. I still wish to play you one day : D

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
I wish to see some Videos of your Samus. My samus use to be bad A**, but now that I dont play her that much anymore I dont think it would be good to use her. I still wish to play you one day : D
yeah, samus is a cool character to play the higher the level ur at. i just saw that tourney posting that u made. I was really excited when i first saw it cuz i was thinkin of goin, but then realized that im not gonna have the funds available by then :(. we definitely need to play. are u goin to genesis this july?

T1g3rbombz

Smash Journeyman
dre u knowing anyone else going for the 64 scene? r u mainly going for 64 or melee?

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Is the SMASH BUS still happening? Haha.
Or was that another tournament...I don't keep up very well.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Why are people playing brawl competitively? Because it looks cool is fun and is easy I guess. I played it once for like 3 hours. It was pretty fun but really lacking in obvious areas.

Still, I truly believe smash64 is MORE fun and you've gotta have melee at any good smash tournament.

Mahie

Smash Lord
I said it too, but any european supposed to be good enough?

We europeans "used" to play in a slower 50hz version of the game, lets say we are different from the rest
Come on nicks, you know that we play with the american version of the game. And yeah, I don't really know if we are good enough, gotta find that out...
Any american pro willing to p2p me ?

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Come on nicks, you know that we play with the american version of the game. And yeah, I don't really know if we are good enough, gotta find that out...
Any american pro willing to p2p me ?
Thats the reason why we are not good enough, we havent played on the american version so much compared to the americans, who have a lot more experience on their own version..

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I'll p2p you, even though we are almost at the opposite sides of the Earth :)

If the games are the same except for speed, then it won't be that hard to adapt to the new speed. Just a few days or so of playing it will make you close enough to how well you are at the European version. American to Japanese, though, doesn't work the same, as they are two completely different games.

Skrlx

Smash Champion

If the games are the same except for speed, then it won't be that hard to adapt to the new speed. Just a few days or so of playing it will make you close enough to how well you are at the European version. American to Japanese, though, doesn't work the same, as they are two completely different games.
Really? i find american and japanese the same to me.
the only bold differences i find is fox's invinsible up b, his weird down smash, mario's big head and tiny body and fireballs that give quite some knockback and other little things

maybe it's just me

Seala

Smash Apprentice
Really? i find american and japanese the same to me.
the only bold differences i find is fox's invinsible up b, his weird down smash, mario's big head and tiny body and fireballs that give quite some knockback and other little things

maybe it's just me
Well, the main thing I guess is that there's alot less DI and moves like Rest and Luigis up b become alot less powerful. Link also feels alot smoother in the japanese version, I don't really know why, he just does.

Mahie

Smash Lord

You know, i've been playing this game for 1 year and a half, and it has always been on US version. I don't think anybody uses the european one actually...

NixxxoN

Smash Master
You know, i've been playing this game for 1 year and a half, and it has always been on US version. I don't think anybody uses the european one actually...
Everyone in Europe who plays on console like me plays it.

But yeah, i prefer playing the american version of course, because its faster and you can do faster and flashier stuff, unlike the european version... Being slower leads to worse matches, less combos and more technical stuff... Its definitely the most different version of all 3. Just imagine playing online at 50 FPS instead of 60...

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
dapuffster is not pro level, sorry. dark link destroyed him at a tournament i was at; and this was long after dark link was past his prime playing competitively. i still think moogle should take jiggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom