• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

12 Bosses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
lol i remember when he made a team game and was like 1v1 and i said spam bombs at edge and it work haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa wada

P D

Smash Ace
lol i beat smoke and tiger in fox dittos all the time D:

D

Deleted member

lol i beat smoke and tiger in fox dittos all the time D:
I have never faced you in fox dittos since all you do is dodge or give an excuse about your parents or religion that prevents you from playing

I enjoy fox dittos though so if you want to prove yourself instead of making up random crap feel free to face me

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
Ken sucks and doesn't play Melee much anymore, he even got 3 stocked by Mew2King in a crew battle lol. Isai doesn't play Melee anymore either.

EC has:

Mew2King, Forward, DaShizWiz, Cort, Forward, PC Chris, Chu Dat, Hungrybox, Jman, Scar, MattNF,
and other amazing players

WC has:

Mango, SilentSpectre, *maybe* Ken and Isai, Zhu (lol he got ***** at RoM by EC players), PinkShinobi and... that's about it. Most WC Melee players retired.

Here's a vid of M2K single handedly destroying some good WC players in a crew battle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsqlstAQeg8

But what you're forgetting is, mango ***** everyone at RoM.
Also, to my knowledge, Forward is from Arizona (as are taj and wobbles).
Now I'm not from the US or anything, but how the heck is that not West? xD
You also forgot TANG, Lucky and HugS.

So as I see it, ideal teams would be:

WC:
mango, SS, ken, isai, taj, forward, wobbles, TANG, Lucky, Zhu, HugS

EC:
Mew2King, DaShizWiz, Cort, PC Chris, Chu Dat, Hungrybox, Jman, Scar, MattNF

Pretty evenly matched if you were to ask me. :p

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace

WC:

EC:

thanks for the clarification doc. i knew the WC had some more great players, i just didnt have the time to research it :p
and i know some of these players are retired now, but what would the melee scene be like if they werent???
im just starting to get back into melee again after a few years of inactivity, so hopefully my name would one day be up there under the WC section :bee:

MattNF

Smash Lord

WC:

EC:

Mango didn't **** everyone, he was actually even with m2k in the matches that m2k used a serious character. M2K also said he can beat mango once he gets a good Spacies controller again, so he can use fox.

Yeah Forward is from Arizona, I forgot.

Tang isn't very good. Zhu got ***** by EC players at RoM, and Lucky is VERY inconsistent in his playstyle... sometimes he does very good, sometimes very bad. Probably why his name is Lucky.

Ken and Isai aren't going to Genesis anymore, and Isai got 7th at a recent tourney so he isn't that good at Melee anymore.

Hugs is the best Samus player, but against top tiers samus just phails.

Chu > Wobbles
M2K > taj

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
Mango didn't **** everyone, he was actually even with m2k in the matches that m2k used a serious character. M2K also said he can beat mango once he gets a good Spacies controller again, so he can use fox.

Yeah Forward is from Arizona, I forgot.

Tang isn't very good. Zhu got ***** by EC players at RoM, and Lucky is VERY inconsistent in his playstyle... sometimes he does very good, sometimes very bad. Probably why his name is Lucky.

Ken and Isai aren't going to Genesis anymore, and Isai got 7th at a recent tourney so he isn't that good at Melee anymore.

Hugs is the best Samus player, but against top tiers samus just phails.

Chu > Wobbles
M2K > taj
?
I don't get you, he won 3-1.
1-0 in puff vs marth and 2-1 in puff vs fox. Aren't they mew2king's main characters?
The controller stuff sounds a bit like johns to me.

Also, I could say "I can beat Isai".
Of course, I have never beaten him in a set (never played him actually, but I certainly won't beat him), so you wouldn't believe me (and rightfully so).
How is this different to the m2k mango situation?

Meh, I'm using logic from the limited information that I have.
I did see that there were videos taken down from youtube that were m2k vs mango at RoM.
Not sure why this is...

You probably know more about this situation than I do, but I'm just trying to act as an unbiased judge.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
It's because East Coast didn't want to post their best player losing to West Coast. At least that's the best explanation. They were never posted, other than on a smashboards thread.

In the winner's finals (first Mango vs M2K), the commentators (Scar especially) john the entire set about how broken Jigglypuff is, and make the match sound completely boring. The second set, Mango never uses puff, M2K never uses Marth, and Mango wins again. The commentators john that M2K never used his main (though neither did Mango).

As for East vs West players, why not actually have a crew match. Wouldn't that not solve the problem? Just get all the good people to go to a major tournament, and have an EC vs WC top 5 from each crew battle.

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
It's because East Coast didn't want to post their best player losing to West Coast. At least that's the best explanation. They were never posted, other than on a smashboards thread.

In the winner's finals (first Mango vs M2K), the commentators (Scar especially) john the entire set about how broken Jigglypuff is, and make the match sound completely boring. The second set, Mango never uses puff, M2K never uses Marth, and Mango wins again. The commentators john that M2K never used his main (though neither did Mango).

As for East vs West players, why not actually have a crew match. Wouldn't that not solve the problem? Just get all the good people to go to a major tournament, and have an EC vs WC top 5 from each crew battle.
Sweetxignorance had them up I think.
mango used falco and falcon, m2k used falcon and sheik.

MattNF

Smash Lord
Let's make a different topic for this. >_> It's completely unrelated from SSB64.

BTW, I'm pretty sure there's going to be east vs. west crews at Genesis. But there's also going to be Midwest, and Taj, Forward, Darkrain, and Wobbles fall into Midwest zone. That would weaken WC a bit more

what the ****?

he was ****** the whole time, lol. I clearly remember..
can you link me to the results thread? I searched for liek 15 minutes but couldnt find it lol

I thought he got like 10th or something, maybe I was mistaken.

I don't get you, he won 3-1.
1-0 in puff vs marth and 2-1 in puff vs fox. Aren't they mew2king's main characters?
The controller stuff sounds a bit like johns to me.
I mean the matches where M2K used falcon were **** by mango, but the match like M2K's sheik vs Mango's Falco were a bit more even

M2K had his controller stolen a while back, so he's had to use other controllers.... the one he used was not a spacies controller so he had a hard time using fox (which is probably why he side-b suicided that one match).

Being a spacies user myself, I know how important a controller can be to playing. Call it johns, but it's true.

Also, I could say "I can beat Isai".
Of course, I have never beaten him in a set (never played him actually, but I certainly won't beat him), so you wouldn't believe me (and rightfully so).
How is this different to the m2k mango situation?
lolwut?

D

Deleted member

Let's make a different topic for this. >_> It's completely unrelated from SSB64.

BTW, I'm pretty sure there's going to be east vs. west crews at Genesis. But there's also going to be Midwest, and Taj, Forward, Darkrain, and Wobbles fall into Midwest zone. That would weaken WC a bit more

can you link me to the results thread? I searched for liek 15 minutes but couldnt find it lol

I thought he got like 10th or something, maybe I was mistaken.

I mean the matches where M2K used falcon were **** by mango, but the match like M2K's sheik vs Mango's Falco were a bit more even

M2K had his controller stolen a while back, so he's had to use other controllers.... the one he used was not a spacies controller so he had a hard time using fox (which is probably why he side-b suicided that one match).

Being a spacies user myself, I know how important a controller can be to playing. Call it johns, but it's true.

lolwut?

pretty sure Arizona isn't mid west, Darkrain isn't from Arizona so he is clearly in Mid-West

nevertheless, even if Mango is the best, East Coast simply has more good players than West Coast

P D

Smash Ace
I have never faced you in fox dittos since all you do is dodge or give an excuse about your parents or religion that prevents you from playing
lol selective memory...?
ive played atleast 5+ fox dittos with you

lol, you also thought that smash stores its data in the memory cartridges that plug into the controller.
i do it all the time lmfao... thats what the part in the back of an n64 controller does -_-

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
i do it all the time lmfao... thats what the part in the back of an n64 controller does -_-
not for smash. smash saves to the cartridge. don't believe me? try playing the cart without a memory card in the controller. you'll still have all your saved data. because it's saved to the cartidge. not the memory card.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
not for smash. smash saves to the cartridge. don't believe me? try playing the cart without a memory card in the controller. you'll still have all your saved data. because it's saved to the cartidge. not the memory card.
you should see my signature
it shows how smart he is

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
Not for Smash64. It's all save-to-cartridge.

And sadly, even stupidly, Ocarina of Time also only saves to cartridge. If they made it save to memory card or, like Perfect Dark, give you the option of on-cart or memory card, then I wouldn't have had to re-play it on Wii instead of 64!

P D

Smash Ace
Not for Smash64. It's all save-to-cartridge.

And sadly, even stupidly, Ocarina of Time also only saves to cartridge. If they made it save to memory card or, like Perfect Dark, give you the option of on-cart or memory card, then I wouldn't have had to re-play it on Wii instead of 64!
oh, well you can do it for zelda mm and mario 64

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
You should use the crooked cartridge glitch in ocarina of time and win with no sword daedatheus, that's fun.

Google ocarina of time crooked cartridge and voila if you dunno what im talking about, I just copied this glitch for fun times. You need an n64 of course.

MattNF

Smash Lord
spacies controller? what? hax? isn't using modded controllers banned? what is soo different with a spacies controller that a regular controller doesn't have?
Different controllers work better with different character playstyles... has nothing to do with modding. A more tight and responsive controller would work better with a technical character, while a more loose and free controller would work better with someone like Marth.

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
I don't know many Pro Brawl players, just know that for me I am a Link All-Star, I could use him so well. :)

But these guys can probably play circles around me I don't know.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
I don't know many Pro Brawl players, just know that for me I am a Link All-Star, I could use him so well. :)

But these guys can probably play circles around me I don't know.
What? This isn't about Brawl... this is ssb64 you're in the wrong section ._.

D

Deleted member

lol selective memory...?
ive played atleast 5+ fox dittos with you

no you didn't

the only time I played was when I went Yoshi and you play for like 2 matches and say something about you getting owned and leaving

oh, well you can do it for zelda mm and mario 64
mario 64, ocarina of time saves to the game, not the controller memory pak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom