• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

12/06/08 Orlando Play N Trade - Winter Smash Brawl Tournament

Life After Death

Smash Champion
chops we should team again some time.

we worked really well together.
fl prolly has the best ddd players lol

rx - yea ill team with u whenever colin isnt available. bah i think u ***** in teams last time. i didnt do much cept 1v1 people.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
Well everywhere it else, it's like.

**** Dojo.

**** DSF.

**** M2K.

And here's its like:

**** CO18, Hungrybox, and Seibrik.
fl prolly has the best ddd players lol

rx - yea ill team with u whenever colin isnt available. bah i think u ***** in teams last time. i didnt do much cept 1v1 people.
both statements are probably true, lol

nevershootme

Smash Master
Well everywhere it else, it's like.

**** Dojo.

**** DSF.

**** M2K.

And here's its like:

**** CO18, Hungrybox, and Seibrik.
more like **** playing in this country i'm going to japan (which i can't go really but i'm going to china instead during next year) and punt people around in smash

and pretty much melee > brawl for the moment. just the unlimited air dodging gets quite annoying

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
FL: **** DDD
Everywhere else: **** MK
ATL North: <3
At high levels of play in brawl D3 is just an overall harder opponent for most characters because he has an answer for almost anything with his attack/grab range, waddle dee, good recovery/good/fast/high knockback K.O. moves and being an extreme fat *** makes him ideal for fighting, everyone's like you can knock him around cuz he's big, but once he grabs you its pretty much over

CO18

Smash Hero
At high levels of play in brawl D3 is just an overall harder opponent for most characters because he has an answer for almost anything with his attack/grab range, waddle dee, good recovery/good/fast/high knockback K.O. moves and being an extreme fat *** makes him ideal for fighting, everyone's like you can knock him around cuz he's big, but once he grabs you its pretty much over
D3 has more bad matchups than any top tier...

He just ***** alot of characters

Life After Death

Smash Champion
he just has an easier time punishsing thats all. cuz of his grab is like tech chasing someone and its prolyl worth 3 snake f tilts. cept it takes mroe skills to trick someone into a f tilt than doing a ddd grab. game is gay cuz they made it that u can get away with **** being defensive. all good fighting games if u defend too much u get punsihed forcing u to just fight. in melee its easy to sheild poke people so theres no sheild camping like brawl and sidesteps wont do **** cuz theres so many attacksin melee that counters sidesteps and easier to punish. thats why i rather fight in a fighting game by playing a fighting game. not a game of patience. ITS A FIGHTING GAME GOD DAMMIT SON!

OverLade

Smash Hero
D3 has more bad matchups than any top tier...

He just ***** alot of characters
Yeah. He's the high and low end of the spectrum. He has more bad matchups, but they arent THAT bad, though I would say quite a few characters give D3 a lot of trouble. And then there are the **** matchups, Snake/Link/Wario/DK that its almost pointless trying to fight against D3 with.

CO18

Smash Hero
Yeah. He's the high and low end of the spectrum. He has more bad matchups, but they arent THAT bad, though I would say quite a few characters give D3 a lot of trouble. And then there are the **** matchups, Snake/Link/Wario/DK that its almost pointless trying to fight against D3 with.
Without infinite DK and Snake are nothing worse than 6:4. Ive lost to Snakes and a particular Dk before.

Link gets ***** hard cuz of gimps. Wario depends on stage.

BUM consistently beats top DDD's like ANTI and Basic Sausage.

Its just the infinite thats really gay.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I don't think there's any reason to complain about DDD.....

If you can't beat DDD, you're fighting too close.

DDD can't chase well.

He can be beaten by any good projectile set up, or by any decent MK who has the balls to tornado camp the whole match.

If you're getting punished by DDD for camping, you're not doing it right.

Characters with projectiles need to use them more.

You shouldn't play a character that:

1) Has an easily gimp-able recovery. (I don't know why Hrnut keeps trying Olimar...)

2) Gets absolutely destroyed by the CG.

Projectiles are a huge plus, regardless of whether they stun or not.

having a move that works vs DDD's repeated sidedodge is a bonus too. (either a sex kick or one of those pikachu/rob type downsmashes)

I think the reason some people find DDD so hard to beat is that they don't play patiently enough.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Without infinite DK and Snake are nothing worse than 6:4. Ive lost to Snakes and a particular Dk before.

Link gets ***** hard cuz of gimps. Wario depends on stage.

BUM consistently beats top DDD's like ANTI and Basic Sausage.

Its just the infinite thats really gay.
At the highest level of gameplay yes. Afros wario can beat Seibriks D3 but only by being EXTREMELY gay and smart. The same probably goes for Bum and Snake players. For snake to beat D3 you have to be pretty defensive and campy. DK has to space incredibly. The matchups arent THAT bad, but on paper they're still **** matchups.

This. Space your go**** fairs and dairs.

DDD can't chase well.

He can be beaten by any good projectile set up, or by any decent MK who has the balls to tornado camp the whole match.

Nado isn't even necessary, but this is still true.

1) Has an easily gimp-able recovery. (I don't know why Hrnut keeps trying Olimar...)

having a move that works vs DDD's repeated sidedodge is a bonus too. (either a sex kick or one of those pikachu/rob type downsmashes)

MKs nair FTW.

I think the reason some people find DDD so hard to beat is that they don't play patiently enough.

Real talk
Rx makes a post that should be sticked on the MK boards.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
why think so hard about brawl, at the end of the day its still just BRAWL!!!!!!

-hiro
because some people want to improve at brawl or just discuss what happened at the tourney. its the same thing with melee. you discuss how you can go against a certain match up that you had a hard time dealing with. and yes hroshi, its still just brawl. but people complaining about it isn't going to change it. regardless of whether its a slow or fast game, its still a fighting game. theres nothin anyone can do about it for now. i just hope everyone had a good time at least.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
i dare you to watch the grand finals of a brawl tournament

it's weird how when people lose at brawl they don't even want to see the game anymore it is so much vomit.
kinda true. after my 2nd gigabits brawl tournament, i went to train with some friends. but i didn't feel like i was improving since they kept beating me. so i decided not to compete anymore. then 3 months after being away from the competition, i came back after i went to my 1st smashfest (thanx tony). but i also felt the same way about melee too, although i quit since i couldn't keep up with the competition. so yea, kinda true, but some come back to compete.

CO18

Smash Hero
Xyz's Ike is too good btw. He should seriously use him in tourney along with Gaw. But I doubt Ike covers any of GaW's bad matchups... lol

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Typical smash session with xyz:

sheer: **** xyz's ike 3 or 4 games
xyz: ryan u play sooo gay you would never beat me without that grab combo
sheer: ***** xyz's ike 3 or 4 more times without grab combo
xyz: god ur so gay you only beat me because you backair so much

How pro can you go xYz? :)

Yah retro i'll hit up another tonyfest soon enough.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Xyz's Ike is too good btw. He should seriously use him in tourney along with Gaw. But I doubt Ike covers any of GaW's bad matchups... lol
If it werent for gay characters *cough*Dedede*cough* then mabye Ike would be tourney viable amirite? XD

And anyone who ***** with Ike is too pro.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
hungrybox should buy a lottery ticket

im the only person who doesnt hate brawl cause of what happened yesterday

manhunter098

Smash Lord

DDD can't chase well.

Olimar is pretty effective against DDD, but you really need a stage where its hard to gimp Olimar. He can really rack up the damage and he isnt lacking too much in power. Plus he can space pretty well too. Really though when you fight DDD as Olimar you have to keep fighting to control the center of the stage, dont even go near the edges.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
thanx, my ike is rapeeeee

Typical smash session with xyz:

sheer: **** xyz's ike 3 or 4 games
xyz: ryan u play sooo gay you would never beat me without that grab combo
sheer: ***** xyz's ike 3 or 4 more times without grab combo
xyz: god ur so gay you only beat me because you backair so much

How pro can you go xYz? :)

Yah retro i'll hit up another tonyfest soon enough.
LOL!!! haha, ryan I **** your kirby with wolf. and yes the grab combo on ike is extremely gay and should be bannnnnned for ikes only. lol sheer, strives to be the best, but he's just a noob kirby.

i use ike too
My ike would rapppppeee your ike. I have the best ike in the world. srsly.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
You guys all talk about ****** people's characters with your other characters.

If any of you guys REALLY walked the walk. You'd **** someone else during a tournament, IRL.

That's right. No Video Games. Felonies Only. Final Destination.

CO18

Smash Hero
Weruop is like an ungimpable Olimar. Hes like mastered his recovery to a point where its ******** and doesn't seem possible.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Yeah, he won his first tourney too knocking out WA's 2nd best player in Grand Finals.

Dudes legit for real.
Yeah he's legit but it was sorta random you bringing up someone most ppl in this thread have probably never heard of.

But Werup is legit as it gets.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
That dude looks like he actually CARES about being amazing at this game.

Everyone in Florida just cares about winning.

Weruop wins with finesse and style. He's like the Ginyu Force.

CO18

Smash Hero
Yeah he's legit but it was sorta random you bringing up someone most ppl in this thread have probably never heard of.

But Werup is legit as it gets.
It wasnt that off-topic.

I was just commenting that I know an olimar that is nearly impossible to gimp.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
thanx, my ike is rapeeeee

LOL!!! haha, ryan I **** your kirby with wolf. and yes the grab combo on ike is extremely gay and should be bannnnnned for ikes only. lol sheer, strives to be the best, but he's just a noob kirby.QUOTE]

wanna try my kirby against your wolf? and sheer has to teach me that kirby combo on ike, lol.

edit- oops, didn't quote it right. o well, lol.

Top Bottom