• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

12/06/08 Orlando Play N Trade - Winter Smash Brawl Tournament

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Finally I get to go to a tourney but I can't stay for singles. Lucky for you guys cause Kirby was gonna ****.

Colin I did ask him. And don't worry hrnut Kirby is too good.
you're right, kirby would **** in singles and doubles, lol. kirby is tooo good. good luck sheer.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I'll figure out who I'm teaming with eventually.

Lot's of decisions to make once I get there.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I didn't team with anyone.

Hrnut and Smnut (MK/Snake + Kirby/G&W) are in Grand Finals against Co18 + Mk18. (Dedede/MK/Snake + Dedede/Wolf/Luigi)

Hrnut and Sheer came from winner's bracket.

3. Colbol + Hungrybox (MK/Dedede + Dedede/Jiggs)
4. GDX + Mampam (Diddy + Falco/Dedede)

OverLade

Smash Hero
Teams:

1. Hrnut + sheer
2. Co18 + mk18
3. Col Bol + hungry
4. GDX + Mampam

Singles:

1. Co18
2. Hrnut
3. Hungrybox
4. GDX
5. Mampam/Pit guy (sorry I don't know your name)

:colorful:
GOOD **** BRO!!!!!!

Nice beating GDX in winners, but u lost in losers. Its all good though. Mustve been fun. :D

CO18

Smash Hero
GGs everyone. I hate standing. Im pretty sure this were the results up to 7.

1. CO18(Dedede)
2. Hrnut(Olimar/Metaknight/Marth/Snake?)
3. Hungrybox(Dedede/Jigglypuff)
4. GDX (Diddy Kong)
5. Mampam(Snake/Fox)
5. Spike(Pit)
7. Mk18(Dedede/Wolf)
7. Radix(Metaknight/Snake)

Ive got losers, winners and grand finals recorded. Ill try to get it up soon..

Master Raven

Smash Master
**** good ****ing **** CO!

I hate standing too. I didn't mind it at first but I was exhausted as **** at the last PnT tourney I've been to after I was done with it.

OverLade

Smash Hero
GGs everyone. I hate standing. Im pretty sure this were the results up to 7.

1. CO18(Dedede)
2. Hrnut(Olimar/Metaknight/Marth/Snake?)
3. Hungrybox(Dedede/Jigglypuff)
4. GDX (Diddy Kong)
5. Mampam(Snake/Fox)
5. Spike(Pit)
7. Mk18(Dedede/Wolf)
7. Radix(Metaknight/Snake)

Ive got losers, winners and grand finals recorded. Ill try to get it up soon..
GOOD STUFF CO18 AND MAMPAM!!!! Thas wassup. Good stuff to everyone in the top, but I heard the attendance was a lil low.

CO18

Smash Hero
GOOD STUFF CO18 AND MAMPAM!!!! Thas wassup. Good stuff to everyone in the top, but I heard the attendance was a lil low.
Yeah it was low but good competition.

Not as many random scrubs showed up as expected for a PNT tourney. I dont think they advertised it.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
good shiat my *****. i think im quitting brawl singles and just play dubs from now on. game has been too boring for me. havent been putting effort in it for 2 months and its catching up. no point in keep on going if ur not having fun with the game.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Full results/brackets would be good.

Does anyone know exactly how many people came?
My bro said it was like 14, but I wouldn't know because I wasn't there. Heard it was small.

Can't wait to see the vids and be impressed.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
good shiat my *****. i think im quitting brawl singles and just play dubs from now on. game has been too boring for me. havent been putting effort in it for 2 months and its catching up. no point in keep on going if ur not having fun with the game.
funny thing is i feel the same way, i'm tired of getting owned by a character that only grabs, I always win money but the frustration isn't worth it, i pretty much started giving up on single while fighting CO18, no offense CO but your character is gay, i practice my characters to win matches like that and i have to do so much to do well but all you and the other D3 players have to do is grab and ftitt, i would learn that character so that i could **** all the D3 players but he's way too gay he's definitely worse than mk at high levels of play, i die at 20% from a fsmash, anyways after this next gigs i might stop doing singles, even if i do always win money, CO good job you beat me at PnT again, i don't know if its the standing but you always get me there. D3 players are making this game not fun anymore, but its brawl i don't expect anything less.

OverLade

Smash Hero
funny thing is i feel the same way, i'm tired of getting owned by a character that only grabs, I always win money but the frustration isn't worth it, i pretty much started giving up on single while fighting CO18, no offense CO but your character is gay, i practice my characters to win matches like that and i have to do so much to do well but all you and the other D3 players have to do is grab and ftitt, i would learn that character so that i could **** all the D3 players but he's way too gay he's definitely worse than mk at high levels of play, i die at 20% from a fsmash, anyways after this next gigs i might stop doing singles, even if i do always win money, CO good job you beat me at PnT again, i don't know if its the standing but you always get me there. D3 players are making this game not fun anymore, but its brawl i don't expect anything less.
Im sorry you feel that way about brawl but I dont think you should quit singles cause of one character.

Dedede is hard to fight but you can learn to play against him. I mean, a ton of characters get ***** by the CG, insane grab range, and Ftilt range, but plenty of characters can outspace/outgayhim.

I dont know how your set with CO went, but you use Olimar and Metaknight, who both do well vs. D3.

And worse case pick up Falco. :O

CO doesn't like falco. :p

CO18

Smash Hero
XD You cped me with my 2 worst matchups. All olimar does is pikmen spam and grab... Its just how you have to play the mathchup otherwise DDD gets ***** by him. Same thing for MK. Im extremely frustrated when playing those charaters too, I was almost thinking about forfeiting before hand since I had to win 2 sets but decided to just play and have fun with it and I did better that time.
I just happen to have alot of matchup experience vs Olimar since I play a really good one on wifi alot.

OverLade

Smash Hero
XD You cped me with my 2 worst matchups. All olimar does is pikmen spam and grab... Its just how you have to play the mathchup otherwise DDD gets ***** by him. Same thing for MK. Im extremely frustrated when playing those charaters too, I was almost thinking about forfeiting before hand since I had to win 2 sets but decided to just play and have fun with it and I did better that time.
I just happen to have alot of matchup experience vs Olimar since I play a really good one on wifi alot.
How about you both just stop doing singles and leave more room for me when I can go to gigs. :p

But yeah, Brawl is gay, and some matchups are really frustrating and gay. Both players at their gayest, the game is at its best, but not fun to play.

Big ups to both of you guys though. How much was the pot?

CO18

Smash Hero
Also your olimar is really good Hrnut and I think you use it vs other D3's you would win instead of using MK because its generally a harder matchups and without like alot of practice in it most d3's get wrecked by olimar. I used to be the same way, olimar pissed me off so much.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Play Kirby vs DDD. If you spam vulcan jabs they can never grab you.
Lots of characters do well vs. D3.

Hrnut you should just practice using different characters. Its all just outspacing his gay grab range really. And learn to gimp him. If your Meta can **** snake you should be able to **** Dedede harder.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
i can **** snake cuz i know snake, i don't know D3, i'm gonna pick up two more characters to deal with that matchup if i get gayed again then i'll probably just lay off of single for a bit...GJ CO18 looks like the crew keeps losing to the crew lol We got 1st/2nd GJ

OverLade

Smash Hero
i can **** snake cuz i know snake, i don't know D3, i'm gonna pick up two more characters to deal with that matchup if i get gayed again then i'll probably just lay off of single for a bit...GJ CO18 looks like the crew keeps losing to the crew lol We got 1st/2nd GJ
I'll teach you the D3 matchup if you teach my the snake matchup. Meta vs. D3 is probably the matchup I know best, and playing CO so much has made a lot of my playstyle leaned toward beating D3.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
what can i say its brawl. if u like to fight more than camp u migth as well play GG melee or some street fighter game. cuzu cant expect brawl to improve. its always gonna be camping in the game. itsa game of paitence. i like to fight not wait. its why i stopped using nades with snake. got madd rusty with all i do is f tilts lol. brawl aint the game for me though.

i hope u start playing melee though. u and fro have no idea how good u can be good at it. especially matt.

Top Bottom