• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

11/21 Oneida Smash Tournament LOW TIER+++

altairian

Smash Lord
About me giving rides...unless someone is ON THE WAY, I won't be able to give them a ride. I will be working until 3pm and will head out for the tournament at about 3:30 (I have to shower, nobody wants a kid that smells like fish at their tourney). This puts my arrival time with no delays at around 6pm. And I'm going to operate under the assumption that CJT and Snakeee are getting a ride with me, and thus I only have 1 spot in my car.

Brawl second would be <3, as the only way I would make it in time for singles with Brawl first is if you held up the entire tournament for me, and I wouldn't ask you to do that lol.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
corneria is only legal for teams, and green greens are for both. but i dont think brinstar will be legal.
I don't see why not, but corneria's only legal for doubles? It didn't mention that on the OP. :p

altairian

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, I might have an N64 I can bring as well. I'll double check that it works at some point in the near future and let you know.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Oh, pdiddy, my tag is bcb.

I think imma make a new account so I'll have that name instead soon.

BetaBahamut

Smash Journeyman
Im pretty sure I can come to this, assuming it really is only 30 minutes away. Cura You and I should team cause erk prolly wont come. Jiggs + Sheik and name our team Grab Rest :)

pdiddy

Smash Cadet
@ Green Greens
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2HIycS2tko
It actually happens in tourney matches, just ask Snakeee.

@ Cura As long as there are setups, brawl doubles can start towards the end of Melee singles. People in both melee and brawl who are still in melee can have their matches held.

@60 ledge-grab rule: That's only if the game ends when time runs out, correct?
everything has changed to fit the proper schedule and...

-however the match may end 60 ledge grabs is disqualified....

and please if your going to post TELL ME IF YOUR COMING!!!!
so i expect CJT and snakee to be there

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Imma practice Green Greens a lot before this tourney. I wanna see how well I can do on it.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Imma practice Green Greens a lot before this tourney. I wanna see how well I can do on it.
It's easy. Just pick MK, hit the opponent once (or if you're feeling frisky, take off a whole stock) and then just run away. Glide underneath the stage to the opposite side if your opponent gets too close for comfort. Or do the same with Pit and spam arrows, that way it's technically not stalling.

But yeah, @ pdiddy, you can put me and Snakeee down as going. My tag is CJT, his is SNAKE. Idk if we'll make it in time for doubles, but if we do we're gonna team for this. I think we could make it for doubles.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
...Apparnetly Constantia =/= Oneida. It'll be a 1 hour 15 min. travel, not a 30 min. travel. :/

Sucks not being able to drive.

pdiddy

Smash Cadet
SHARKY PLZ FIND A RIDE!!!!! i want revenge...

and RTF dont worry so much bout the melee only tourney this one is gonna be bomb

Sharky

Smash Master
****, guess we're gonna have to wait some for teams =(

Bry, any chance I can get a ride from you? Otherwise, how about you, Cura?

edit: lololol corneria, that's gonna be interesting XD

also, there's a chance that I might suck hard at this tourney. I just changed my controls around so that DR will be easier to learn, but that means that b is jump and x is special, that's gonna take some getting used to. Hopefully I'll have it by then, but we'll see lol.

Kantō

Smash Champion
sharky im catching a ride with Pdiddy, but mabye we can grab you too, its up to him really. other than that, cura might be able to pick you up. is your car full mana?

also: 3 WEEKS FROM TODAY!!!!

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
i think we would be able to get sharky a ride.. Even if people are going ROM2 There will still be people here for melee. Some people might not be going do to the distances. Cost. Not sure how many people willl attend for melee but it will be fun regaurdless.

Sharky

Smash Master
it is, but it makes DR a lot easier. Still hard, but it's easier. I'm already starting to get used to it, as far as normal play, too, so we'll see.

altairian

Smash Lord
it is, but it makes DR a lot easier. Still hard, but it's easier. I'm already starting to get used to it, as far as normal play, too, so we'll see.
Different control schemes aren't as hard to get used to as people think. It took me like, a day to get used to having grab on Y and it helps me quite a bit. If you don't like the default control scheme, change it, that's why the option exists! ;)

Kantō

Smash Champion
idk, im just so set in how the default is from playing years of melee, im too lazy to learn any other way lol.

Top Bottom