• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

100% Juice - The best things in life are free.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Lol... Electivire is a great pokemon gone wrong. So much potential, just never made the cut on stats. It's a shame really.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Elec is still OU either way, he doesnt NEED a motor drive, but in the OU metagame it's really easy to get one with a gyarados on ur team to lure it in
If people see it coming it doesn't make much of a difference though =(

Everyone who plays pokemon KNOWS Gyarados is just used to lure for a tbolt.

EDIT: CHIBO knows what's up about Electivire!

Who are your other favorites?

iRJi

Smash Champion
Elec is still OU either way, he doesnt NEED a motor drive, but in the OU metagame it's really easy to get one with a gyarados on ur team to lure it in

true, hes one of my top 6 favs
Reguardless of that, he still can't take hits nor dish out enough damage to make up for anything. Honestly on the next switch on the tiers, he should go down to at least BL. His speed is not the only issue with him, all his staple stats really are below the line of where it makes him good or not.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Oh yeah, never posted my team.

Metagross @ Occa Berry ** Redemption
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Atk / 12 Def / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf ** Sin
Trait: Adaptability
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Tri Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers ** Purity
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Dragon Claw
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb ** Slumber
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spd
- Focus Punch
- Spore
- Seed Bomb
- Stone Edge

Vaporeon (F) @ Leftovers ** Cleanse
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Surf
- Wish
- Protect
- Yawn

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb ** Valor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Extremespeed

Anyone have suggestions? I did the breakdown of all my weaknesses and resistances and it seems to be really solid, aside from a glaring weakness to fire. Luckily, Vaporeon effectively shuts down any common fire types and Dragonite is also capable of resisting + crippling them with Thunder Wave.

The only other types more than one member of my team is weak to are ice, fighting, and ground. For the two ground weaknesses, I have one that resists it and one that is immune to it. For the two ice, I have three resistors. Only one member of my team resists fighting, however.

Right now, Infernape can do a number on my team once Vaporeon's gone. I can hope to kill with Dragonite or maybe an Extremespeed from Lucario, but eh. I also have a problem with Focus Sash Mamoswine leads--Metagross can take an Earthquake and 2HKO with Bullet Punch, but it involves sacrificing the ability to get a Stealth Rock set up early game. I'm also sure that Salamence would eat this team alive unless I get Lucario to set up before him, or revenge kill one that's only Dragon Danced once with Porygon-Z.

My team has no problem with things like Tyranitar, Hippowdon, etc. I'm quite sure that Skarmbliss is deterred by a mixture of Breloom and Porygon-Z. Breloom nicely handles both of them via Focus Punch and once Blissey's gone, Skarmory fears PZ big time. Vaporeon and a set up Lucario handle Azelf well, and Dragonite has the special defense to take a hit and cripple it with Thunder Wave/hurt it with Dragon Claw badly. Opposing Breloom hurt me badly unless I get a revenge kill with Porygon.

I'm not really sure what I should do. Right now it seems like the weak link on my team is Dragonite. Having a cleric and paralysis support is awesome, but do I really need it? I already have Wish on Vaporeon. It also adds a nasty 4x weakness to my team (unless I decide to sacrifice my turn to reduce it to 2x) to a common attacking type, and weaknesses to rock and dragon. Also, Heal Bell doesn't help Breloom. Unfortunately, it seems like in getting rid of him, I lose a lot of bulkiness and the ability to spread status effectively.

Considering Starmie. I could put in a Life Orb Azelf over Porygon to help against Swampert (who also happens to damage my team outside of Breloom). Azelf eliminates a second weakness to fighting and shares no common weaknesses with the rest of my team. I do lose a sick revenge killer, though. 361 speed is good but it can't cope with boosted dragons.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Bronzong might be problematic for you. Could be/probably am wrong though.

My sig is no longer appropriate, because Zucco is now a cool kid with a sexy arcade stick and SSF4.

Max Ketchum

Bronzong can't do **** to Vaporeon and Breloom. Since Breloom is poisoning itself, it won't be susceptible to sleep, then it proceeds to resist Earthquake/take minimal damage from Gyro Ball/put Bronzong to sleep. Focus Punch does an average of 71.5% to Bronzong with its standard spread, and 56.5% with the most physically defensive spread possible.

Vaporeon resists Gyro Ball and doesn't fear an EQ coming off of Bronzong's measly base 89 attack. Being asleep doesn't even bother it, and the worst case scenario is taking 38-45% from Explosion. If I really fear that, I have Protect.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
my team was ****

Ursaring
Ambipom
Claydol
Bronsong
Metagross
Garchomp

Ursaring had that basic Poison Orb --> Facade
Ambipom had Fakeout --> Last Resort
Claydol/Bronsong had --> Light Screen/Reflect --> Explode
Garchomp and Metagross just sped themselves up using agility or gained attack by swods dance and washed *****z.

Max Ketchum

Shouldn't Ursaring be using Flame Orb instead of Toxic Orb?

Also, I find it ironic that a dragon, a bulldog, and a...whatever Blissey is...can learn Heal Bell, but not Victreebel and Bronzong, the two bell Pokemon in the series.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Shouldn't Ursaring be using Flame Orb instead of Toxic Orb?

Also, I find it ironic that a dragon, a bulldog, and a...whatever Blissey is...can learn Heal Bell, but not Victreebel and Bronzong, the two bell Pokemon in the series.
Doesn't Flame Orb **** up his attack because of him being burned? i need that diesel Ursaring.

Max Ketchum

That's what Guts is for. It negates the attack drop from burning and turns it into a boost.

Guts + Facade = ****.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
you guys are killing me.
k, let's talk about something.

I saw Carlito's Way: Rise to Power tonight. It wasn't that great at all, but the sex scene was tight. P.Diddy playing a gangster = pretty lol.

Also, Chris Hu's Cody is pretty legit.

Ninja Edd

Smash Journeyman
They need to make a Pokemon MMO. I'm pretty sure everyone would play it and at least 2 months would be lost out of everyone's life.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
you guys are killing me.
After you and Rob stopped playing I did a medic+heavy combo with some other friends and got 6 doms in one life / round. After that all their players didn't leave the spawn room. ;_;

Allied

Smash Master
k, let's talk about something.

I saw Carlito's Way: Rise to Power tonight. It wasn't that great at all, but the sex scene was tight. P.Diddy playing a gangster = pretty lol.

Also, Chris Hu's Cody is pretty legit.
We need to see that again lol juice WE WATCHING MOVIES

Chris Hu's Abel is kinda sexy too i like seeing different characters being used

They need to make a Pokemon MMO. I'm pretty sure everyone would play it and at least 2 months would be lost out of everyone's life.
I would play it :S

lmfaoo that actually sounds hot.
Shut up blacka

After you and Rob stopped playing I did a medic+heavy combo with some other friends and got 6 doms in one life / round. After that all their players didn't leave the spawn room. ;_;
ROFL nice, i got off a little after my spy is getting nice i still need to unlock some spy guns and stuff

Btw get @ me and Rob running a Medic/Pyro combo and ******.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, never posted my team.

Metagross @ Occa Berry ** Redemption
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Atk / 12 Def / 8 Spd
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf ** Sin
Trait: Adaptability
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Tri Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers ** Purity
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Dragon Claw
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb ** Slumber
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spd
- Focus Punch
- Spore
- Seed Bomb
- Stone Edge

Vaporeon (F) @ Leftovers ** Cleanse
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Surf
- Wish
- Protect
- Yawn

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb ** Valor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Extremespeed

Anyone have suggestions? I did the breakdown of all my weaknesses and resistances and it seems to be really solid, aside from a glaring weakness to fire. Luckily, Vaporeon effectively shuts down any common fire types and Dragonite is also capable of resisting + crippling them with Thunder Wave.

The only other types more than one member of my team is weak to are ice, fighting, and ground. For the two ground weaknesses, I have one that resists it and one that is immune to it. For the two ice, I have three resistors. Only one member of my team resists fighting, however.

Right now, Infernape can do a number on my team once Vaporeon's gone. I can hope to kill with Dragonite or maybe an Extremespeed from Lucario, but eh. I also have a problem with Focus Sash Mamoswine leads--Metagross can take an Earthquake and 2HKO with Bullet Punch, but it involves sacrificing the ability to get a Stealth Rock set up early game. I'm also sure that Salamence would eat this team alive unless I get Lucario to set up before him, or revenge kill one that's only Dragon Danced once with Porygon-Z.

My team has no problem with things like Tyranitar, Hippowdon, etc. I'm quite sure that Skarmbliss is deterred by a mixture of Breloom and Porygon-Z. Breloom nicely handles both of them via Focus Punch and once Blissey's gone, Skarmory fears PZ big time. Vaporeon and a set up Lucario handle Azelf well, and Dragonite has the special defense to take a hit and cripple it with Thunder Wave/hurt it with Dragon Claw badly. Opposing Breloom hurt me badly unless I get a revenge kill with Porygon.

I'm not really sure what I should do. Right now it seems like the weak link on my team is Dragonite. Having a cleric and paralysis support is awesome, but do I really need it? I already have Wish on Vaporeon. It also adds a nasty 4x weakness to my team (unless I decide to sacrifice my turn to reduce it to 2x) to a common attacking type, and weaknesses to rock and dragon. Also, Heal Bell doesn't help Breloom. Unfortunately, it seems like in getting rid of him, I lose a lot of bulkiness and the ability to spread status effectively.

Considering Starmie. I could put in a Life Orb Azelf over Porygon to help against Swampert (who also happens to damage my team outside of Breloom). Azelf eliminates a second weakness to fighting and shares no common weaknesses with the rest of my team. I do lose a sick revenge killer, though. 361 speed is good but it can't cope with boosted dragons.
Few things.

Pory-Z with CScarf is nice, but the issue remains that Scarf-Tyranitar is one of the most popular pokemon out right now, and Blissey is still common enough to cause issues. Because of this, Pory-Z tends to get ***** by the select few. Even if he has HP fighting, it will won't do enough for him to care, and then he will proceed to laugh at you while he eats him. Pory-Z He isn't scary, and has plenty of counters, even if you are using it for revenge killing. Despite the fact you have Breloom, Blissey is known for carrying Flamethrower, as well as toxic. Flamethrower can do significant damage to breloom, but I know you know this already. A good prediction is all it takes to switch the flow of the game.

Outside of Breloom, you lack a good amount of physical power for mid game. Lucario is a late game sweeper, and does poorly in mid game due to a few counters, and Metagross is good, but he is your lead (meaning he is expected to die a bit earlier then most of your pokemon)

Dragonite is one of my favorite pokemon, but his heal bell set is kind of lame. It's a shame a pokemon so versatile is hindered by SR's, and because of that his switch in's are harder to do since he take a min. of 25% every switch. Even if you have roost, you might need to burn a turn healing Dragonite, allowing your opponent to switch into a good counter. It's a -1 situation, and that is never good to have unless you are purposely trying to stall out the person's team. (Take it from me, I made it to the leader boards 2 times, both using an offensive team, and my prized possession stall team). What I would do is switch dragonite's set with a revenge killing set. IDK if you knew, but Dragonite acquired Extreme speed, making him a viable revenge killer now, depending on which pokemon you are dealing with.

Vaporeon I still have if's about, but the only suggestion I will give you for vap is to use Ice beam, or heal bell. If you get rid of the dragonite set, heal bell would be first priority, since you already have a sleep inducing pokemon on your team.

You might think that Tyranitar does not pose a threat, but you are making a grave mistake thinking that. Anything special Tyranitar Laughs at, and normally Tyranitar isn't in long enough to switch into a Pokemon who can just easily take it out. While you might be able to use Lucario, Scarf-Tar will still have an advantage.

Overall you need to cover these options in order to survive OU now-a-days.

In Order:

Salamance
Tyranitar
Gengar
Scizor
Gyarados
Heatran

If you can decently cover them, the rest of OU threats will fall into place. While it is impossible to cover all of those options, you can prepare and expect them. Picking you weaknesses is key on how to actually win the game.

Overall, you have a nice team, just do some tweaks and it will **** people. =]

bajisci

Smash Ace
a pokemon mmo made by a real mmo company on pc would be the greatest game ever but nintendo would never allow it itd be sum awful pos on the wii :(

they could make a gear system for pokemon, imagine like raiding the legendaries, **** would be so cash

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
So, i'm trying to use some of the Street Fighter stuff i'm learning and it apply it Brawl. Found some stuff and by accident I stumbled upon...

A pretty far glide toss with Snake without tossing the grenade. I'm gonna try to replicate it, because this is huge, and effectively a true wavedash. I was sitting there confused as hell...

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
ether if its true, give me inputs and stuff like that. or even send me the replay and ill upload it for you

**** pokemon. talk about ssf4

juri so fun. played with atomsk and fats and invited diem and edd

BUT THEY DIDNT COME.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
So, i'm trying to use some of the Street Fighter stuff i'm learning and it apply it Brawl. Found some stuff and by accident I stumbled upon...

A pretty far glide toss with Snake without tossing the grenade. I'm gonna try to replicate it, because this is huge, and effectively a true wavedash. I was sitting there confused as hell...
If Snake can actually do a lagless slide like that he'll be broken and easily better than MK.

EDIT: @Edd - A hacked copy of TF2 wouldn't be able to play with us. Just buy the game on steam you cheap *******

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I'm not gonna be able to replicate the technique. Someone should have a hacker investigate it, i'm too lazy.

Today would be a grand day for street fighting.

Edit: I just thinking the same thing. Bison is crazy. Psycho C-Section!

Allied

Smash Master
I'm not gonna be able to replicate the technique. Someone should have a hacker investigate it, i'm too lazy.

Today would be a grand day for street fighting.

Edit: I just thinking the same thing. Bison is crazy. Psycho C-Section!
thats my new name in tournament

Allied AKA WE ARE THE STREETS

tag: WATS

ROFL

Top Bottom