• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1 Day...! (New Brawl Site Countdown)

Status
Not open for further replies.

End Game

Smash Journeyman
This is the reason why i wanted Sakurai to implement a hours/minutes/seconds countdown for the last day...this way we can really know the exact time the site will be updated. Anyways, we'll just wait and see.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Alls Is knows is thats I'ms checkins thes sites ats thes regulars times, ands ifins its ain'ts updateds I'lls justs keeps checkins!

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
kk, it will NOT be pushed back 12 hours because of time differences....and anyone saying so is jumping to conclusions. ...

I mean, people, don't forget, Japan IS "THE LAND OF THE RISING SUN" their day begins before ours.....

expect the update to happen tomoro, whenever the counter has been normally changing for your area....

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
Somebody already beat me to the translation :(

The Japanese Nintendo site says that the page will be updated in the afternoon.

"June 22 afternoon, Sumabura Dojo renewal will open"

0oo0

Smash Cadet
**** today it was at 60 pages... now 99?! wow 0.0 So how will this board be when the info is released??!! :/

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
This was the message from gamefaqs from the person who translated it.

Kimarhi Ronso
Posted 5/20/2007 2:28:07 PM
message detail - The thing on Nintendo's news does say afternoon / PM on the 22nd. And yes, I can read it.

So rather than the site updating at 12 AM in Japan (which made little sense to me at all) they changed it to 12 PM/sometime in the afternoon for Japan, meaning it would be evening/night time for anyone in the states. This is assuming he translated it correctly, which I'm going to anyways.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
And we're beleiving this..., WHY?
Because it's true. Check out the links and threads, and you'll realize it's true.

We have 100 pages in a week....
I only have 37 pages, maybe I selected an option for more posts per page or something, anyway, I like not having to go through billions of pages.

Heh, that's how rumors start. Make sure the people saying this stuff actually back it up with something solid. Otherwise just go with what you know. Just a general rule of thumb, not trying to get in your face or anything. Plus I am saying this to everyone else as well...

So yeah, I don't think we have to worry about it. Maybe we won't get as much news as we want, but rest assured, the site will be up on time. And for anyone still trying to figure out when it will happen in their region... it'll be in about 16 hours and 7 minutes or so.
This isn't a rumor, it's true, check out the thread on it.

kk, it will NOT be pushed back 12 hours because of time differences....and anyone saying so is jumping to conclusions. ...

I mean, people, don't forget, Japan IS "THE LAND OF THE RISING SUN" their day begins before ours.....

expect the update to happen tomoro, whenever the counter has been normally changing for your area....
Nope. You're wrong sorry buddy, next time read some more threads and posts, and follow the links.

Has anybody else already noticed the site slowing down?

Dante Lazarus

Smash Journeyman
why doesnt everybody just chill the he!! out for a d@mn minute and just wake up tomorrow morning and press the refresh button... because we all know that none of you are actually closing down your smashbros.com tab in fear of sakurai removing the site...
its not gonna come any faster because you all throw down opinions that make this thread 100 pages long... truthfully, any true fan shouldve known about this site 6 days ago when they tossed up the countdown... and on top of it, this thread should be no longer than a page to two pages of "awesome"'s and "cool"'s...
just go play wii sports for a couple hours, go to bed, and check it again tomorrow, because i know half of you took off work to see it first... and i promise you, it'll still be there

Chepe

Smash Lord
Yes. 8 PM Pacific Time for me and some others, basically the PM equivalent of what you had thought before is 12 hours ahead...

Boy will there be mobs of angry threads tomorrow when that site doesnt open at the expected time...

travis.luckiest

Smash Apprentice
unless i see something from a more credible swf translator
..i will be up at 11am to look for info

(where are you samuraipanda?)

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't belive it.
I mean, Sakurai knows America's timezone is different from those of Japans.
Sakurai would not update the site at midnight for us Americans, he knows this.

Maybe there's a error in the translation? Or maybe it was just something from eariler when the people of japan thought thats the day it would update.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
For the love of god, somebody please ban this spammer.

@ EthanRodgers.

why doesnt everybody just chill the he!! out for a d@mn minute and just wake up tomorrow morning and press the refresh button... because we all know that none of you are actually closing down your smashbros.com tab in fear of sakurai removing the site...
its not gonna come any faster because you all throw down opinions that make this thread 100 pages long... truthfully, any true fan shouldve known about this site 6 days ago when they tossed up the countdown... and on top of it, this thread should be no longer than a page to two pages of "awesome"'s and "cool"'s...
just go play wii sports for a couple hours, go to bed, and check it again tomorrow, because i know half of you took off work to see it first... and i promise you, it'll still be there
I agree.

Everyone,if it was accurately translated,then just wait.

I can't see why everyone is exploding in denial.

so u no wat is werid? on ssbm, the trophy pit's last line states:
Will Pit ever fight again?
Really,no ****?

Black/Light

Smash Master
Well you all need to chill.

When did the time change from 2 days to 1 in your area?

Changed at 11 something to noon for me. . . And thats when it will be re-released in my area, 11 something to noon.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
i'll bet they put that in just in case they ever made this game.

24 hours for me now because i get home late

Edit: my prediction was right, it is already over 100 pages

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
@ Mr.GAW

Yeah thanks I already figured that out due to the links provided AFTER I posted. Just so you know, I'm not just bent on believing whatever I want, I just hadn't seen any decent evidence at that point. But yeah, I saw the other thread about the addition 12 hours, and it seems that is the case. Oh well, it's still Monday, just 11 P.M. instead of A.M.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
@ Mr.GAW

Yeah thanks I already figured that out due to the links provided AFTER I posted. Just so you know, I'm not just bent on believing whatever I want, I just hadn't seen any decent evidence at that point. But yeah, I saw the other thread about the addition 12 hours, and it seems that is the case. Oh well, it's still Monday, just 11 P.M. instead of A.M.
Sorry if I sounded like an ***, I just wanted everyone to know. And, there were links before you posted.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
I'm curious to see what the site will say when the timer runs out. I wonder if it will just keep saying one day or if it has a graphic for the interim between when it runs out and the webmasters load the updated site.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Ah... things are starting to die down now that everybody accepts the 12 hour push back.

It's nice.

Meta77

Smash Apprentice
I hope the news is worth while i have to go to college this fall and i want this game to help me get through college XD plus halo 3

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if I sounded like an ***, I just wanted everyone to know. And, there were links before you posted.
Righty-O dude! (Sorry, didn't see those I guess.)

Hey, I have an idea. Why don't we all just take a break from smashboards, or at least this thread, and then we'll all meet up again tomorrow night to talk about nothing...

I'm sure there are some other threads out there thirsty for love. :embarrass

Oh, and those ideas about playing Smash or Wii Sports for a while... not bad. I personally might go out for a jog, then a shower, then play some Chibi-Robo, Megaman X3, or even 1p Smash of some kind. (Haven't done that in... a long time.)

Yeah, this is sort of off topic, but maybe people will heed my word, and leave. Seriously, I won't be back on until tomorrow. There's no point to this thread right now. (At least for me, since I've been sorta here since the 6 days marker.) Peace in the Middle East.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom