• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1 Day...! (New Brawl Site Countdown)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I personally might go out for a jog, then a shower, then play some Chibi-Robo, Megaman X3, or even 1p Smash of some kind. (Haven't done that in... a long time.)

Yeah, this is sort of off topic, but maybe people will heed my word, and leave. Seriously, I won't be back on until tomorrow. There's no point to this thread right now. (At least for me, since I've been sorta here since the 6 days marker.) Peace in the Middle East.
You are quite correct, and I commend you for playing my favorite SNES game of all time, MMX3. Don't be too harsh on Vile.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I kind of agree with burning lava except my parents have banned video games for the night and i have nothing better to do than post here, read, and regularly go back to smashbros because i can't get enough of the red number 1

travis.luckiest

Smash Apprentice
i still don't accept that
..some guy translating from japanese is not a credible enough source (unless it was someone who has proven their credibility over and over like samuraipanda)
..i take anything i ever hear about smash that is not affiliated with something official with a grain of salt

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
..some guy translating from japanese is not a credible enough source (unless it was someone who has proven their credibility over and over like samuraipanda)
..i take anything i ever hear about smash that is not affiliated with something official with a grain of salt
wait 24 hours and let time be the proof then.

adding to the randomness in this thread is fun!

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
I see how it is. Don't trust me then >.>

I'll still be checking tomorrow at 11 am just in case... even though I know my translation is correct.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
So yeah..It's my guess that they will show the starting roster in the video. Then they will show the secret characters closer to launch. This is sort of what they did with melee. I remember a trailer with all the starters.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
^^^ Mhmm. Shouldn't it actually be udated everywhere in the U.S by 11?

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
Although the idea that a bunch of children translating some text I can't even find on the Japanese site is a ridiculous source to take seriously, a delay has seemed like a reasonable proposition to me since I started considering the actual site launch. I don't have any experience with professional website updates--I have written for some big name sites, but the way that worked was enter a password and copy paste your article into an uploader. I'm assuming the technicians behind layout and such actually have to upload several pieces of the framework manually and make sure everything is functioning coherently before they allow the content to run on the front page.

Now, if somebody knows better than me, please tell me how that works. Would it be simple few clicks to launch the site, is it posible it's automatic, or would a series of technicians have to be working simultaneously to upload the content? If I had to guess, I would say this framework builing occurs offline in some sort of FTP thing (I've never used FTP, but I have a primitively rough understanding of the basic idea behind it), the site webmasters can probably just click upload and their content will go live. If that's the case, then I imagine the content is done and ready to go live, and, so long as there is a webmaster at that hour able to upload it, or, if they can somehow set it to go live automatically, it will run on time. However, that doesn't seem likely--it seems to me the site will have to be run during operating hours by a technician, which would automatically add nine hours to the countdown if they plan to launch it in Japan first, unless NOA technicians are planning on running the content.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Man, people just can't accept that the site won't launch at midnight in Japan, eh? The Japanese Nintendo website clearly states it will open in the afternoon on the 22nd (speaking to a Japanese audience), which means it will launch between 7 and 10pm or so Stateside depending on your timezone. We don't need SamuraiPanda to translate a simple Japanese sentence. Many of us are serviceable enough in the language to recognize two Kanjis and the word "reopen".

Twelve additional hours is that much of a hurdle? Don't you people have, like, a backyard you can play in? Maybe go hang out with some friends. Play a different game. The time will actually go faster, you know.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ Mhmm. Shouldn't it actually be udated everywhere in the U.S by 11?
I skimmed over the last 30 pages (wtf?: I go to a A's and Giants game, and 30 pages go by!!!), and can you explain to me what all this 12 hour delay stuff is about=??? I didn't quite get it, because I sorta skimmed over it all! ;) I'm not sure if I 100% understand it all...

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
It's not really a delay, the site is just being re-opened 12 hours later than we expected.

Before we thought it would open at Midnight of the 22nd in Japan, like all the other number changes, but we learned that it isn't re-opening until noon of the 22nd in Japan.

There's a thread on it if you need to know more.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It's not really a delay, the site is just being re-opened 12 hours later than we expected.

Before we thought it would open at Midnight of the 22nd in Japan, like all the other number changes, but we learned that it isn't re-opening until noon of the 22nd in Japan.

There's a thread on it if you need to know more.
Do you got a link to this thread=? :)

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
Man, people just can't accept that the site won't launch at midnight in Japan, eh? The Japanese Nintendo website clearly states it will open in the afternoon on the 22nd (speaking to a Japanese audience), which means it will launch between 7 and 10pm or so Stateside depending on your timezone. We don't need SamuraiPanda to translate a simple Japanese sentence. Many of us are serviceable enough in the language to recognize two Kanjis and the word "reopen".

Twelve additional hours is that much of a hurdle? Don't you people have, like, a backyard you can play in? Maybe go hang out with some friends. Play a different game. The time will actually go faster, you know.
Nice to know Nintendo's thinking of us European's when thinking about the update.

If it's in the afternoon, it'll mean it's after midnight in Europe.

Pathetic.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Are all the mods hiding in the BRoom?

Just wondering, cause I haven't seen one post since like, noon.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=104062
Not that hard to find, JohnKnight

And ethanrodgers, it'll be at 10 pm tom.
Okay, thanks sounds very intresting. Oh well, I'll watch it at 8:00 P.M. instead of 8 A.M. Now I don't need to worry about setting off my alarm clock on my phone! :) Plus, this also attracts more attention to it all, and could either mean we get more or less n00bs incoming tomorrow and Tuesday, but more likely it means more! ;) :mad: :psycho:

Chepe

Smash Lord
Guys, Sakurai is thinking of his people with the update. Stop *****ing about how your country got the shaft when it comes to the site reopening. Yes, it is likely that most places wont get info until late into the night, even the US might be past midnight (the NoJ site says after noon) when the site opens, but thats just too bad.

If you seriously thought Sakurai would rather place the site opening when everyone is sleeping in Japan and everyone else is enjoying the bright sunny day... -_-'

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It isn't too bad, idc IMO. In fact, now I get to watch it at 8 PM vs. 8 AM, and not being lazy or late to school!

Side note: ethanrodgers223 don't double post, use the edit button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom