• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1 Day...! (New Brawl Site Countdown)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Did anyone happen to take a picture of the page everyday? I wanted to make a countdown gif, any poor/lucky? soul happen to get them?
That would be awesome. Someone, ANYONE, please at least take a screenshot of the page as it is now with that awesome reddish 1 on it!

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Actually it's tomorrow not on the 22nd, but tomorrow the 21st and it's not really one day left anymore it more like less than 17 hours left
Well, it will be the 22nd for some people on the east coast and in the tropics, 'cause the sites not being updated until noon of the 21st in Japan. The link is above you.

Chepe, make a new thread. Just so everyone knows.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
GFaqs isn't THAT bad. There's a lot of noobs, but there is a lot of intelligent people too, trying to keep things under control. There is a guy who already posted in that topic that knows Japenese as well, who has been translating things for the past year along with SamuraiPanda, I think this news is confirmed.

Shame.
Well, maybe I should have said "similar" rather than "a lot like." It has its intelligent people, but there are a lot of dumb threads with a lot of support around there.

If that news is confirmed, that just means waiting a few hours longer then. Waited 7, I'm sure an extra 12 hours won't kill anyone. Wonder what They'll replace the 1 with? A 0? Wonder what that'd look like xD

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
OK, so when is the official countdown going to end? I see people saying that it is pushed back 12 hours or something. If so, when will it be announced in Hawaiian time? Thanks

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
Gamefaqs forums seem to be a lot like Nsider forums. A lot of random crap that doesn't make sense, so you can never put too much trust into what's said there. But since it is a link to the nintendo of japan site, and it could have possible news, you just need someone who can translate Japanese =/
This topic is easily just as bad as GameFaqs forums, if not a tiny bit worse.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
ugh its like im 90% thinking that Sora will not make it in Brawl...

but my other 10% is saying "NO NO NO HE WILL MAKE IT; JUST BELEIVE!!!!!'

lol is he is in the trailer tomorrow, i will be soooo happy
I hope we even get a trailer. I'm not very optimistic... however. Blizzard announced Starcraft 2, and I love Sonata Arctica's new album, which are both NOT disappointments... maybe Brawl will blow my low expectations away, God I hope so.

So, when EXACTLY is the site launching? Is it tomorrow 11 AM, 11 PM, or what?

edit : yeah this thread is fast as fox's shine, this sucks like gamefags, lol

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
This topic is easily just as bad as GameFaqs forums, if not a tiny bit worse.
Well, it didn't start that way, I don't think, and wasn't intended to get so, big and off topic at some areas? It just sort of evolved in some places to talking about some unrelated stuff. Seems back on topic now with the news of the noon opening, so at least we have that to work on.

I

i8waffles612

ok this is too many posts for one week... we need a mod in here to close this thread....(forever)

then right after they close it they should make a new thread for the official updates of the game/site... and close that thread too......then tomorrow when it shows the news, reopen that thread and thisone just stay closed forever.....

ughhhh

The Mailman

Smash Rookie
So, to clear things up, are we going to see the site open and stuff tonight ( technically tommorow as in very late/early AM)? Or are we going to see news tommorow?

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
So, to clear things up, are we going to see the site open and stuff tonight ( technically tommorow as in very late/early AM)? Or are we going to see news tommorow?
You'll see news tom. night/tuesday morning. Anywhere from like 6pm. to 2 am. depending on where you live. Not tonight.

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
The news is tomorrow...and it has been pushed back 12 hours:(

Also, if it has been pushed back 12 hrs, when will the site be updated if I live in Hawaii? Thanks

The Mailman

Smash Rookie
Are you sure about this? Because they are 12 hours ahead of us. Not behind us. So if it was originally supposed to be on monday at noon in japan. It would have to be midnight on sunday here. Meaning if it was puched back by 12 hours. Then it would be at midnight in Japan, meaning that it would be noon on monday for us.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Well, it will be the 22nd for some people on the east coast and in the tropics, 'cause the sites not being updated until noon of the 21st in Japan. The link is above you.

Chepe, make a new thread. Just so everyone knows.
Done... Now hopefully we can get someone to really confirm it...

I

i8waffles612

so im going to school tomorrow, when i come back will it still say 1 day?

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
I thought I read the last few pages, but maybe I missed something. Why on earth would it be pushed back 12 hours? Or ANY hours??? The site will open when the countdown ends. Simple as that. The most that will happen is that they take maybe an hour tops to put it up after the countdown ends. (Which will be at the same time it has been everyday.) ((For me that's 11 A.M. and I live in Michigan.))

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
I thought I read the last few pages, but maybe I missed something. Why on earth would it be pushed back 12 hours? Or ANY hours??? The site will open when the countdown ends. Simple as that. The most that will happen is that they take maybe an hour tops to put it up after the countdown ends. (Which will be at the same time it has been everyday.) ((For me that's 11 A.M. and I live in Michigan.))
Well, I thought it was pushed back because everyone else was saying it was.

GenG

Smash Lord
And why that change isn't announced in the NOA page? Maybe the Japanese one had an estimate even before the countdown started. But it clearly says "22nd May in the afternoon, Smashbros Dojo makes its initial open". 午後 = afternoon, pm (pre midnight).

We'll have to wait and see. The web isn't just Japan only, it's worldwide.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
GUYS, where are you getting that it's pushed back 12 hours??

The conference is on Tuesday--in Japan, it will be Tuesday on Monday for us, because they're so far ahead.

If the were to update it the same time they've been updating it every day, it will be at about 11am tomorrow.

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
GUYS, where are you getting that it's pushed back 12 hours??

The conference is on Tuesday--in Japan, it will be Tuesday on Monday for us, because they're so far ahead.

If the were to update it the same time they've been updating it every day, it will be at about 11am tomorrow.
Someone got a link from another message board. It said that it is pushed back 12 hours or something like that

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Well, I thought it was pushed back because everyone else was saying it was.
Heh, that's how rumors start. Make sure the people saying this stuff actually back it up with something solid. Otherwise just go with what you know. Just a general rule of thumb, not trying to get in your face or anything. Plus I am saying this to everyone else as well...

So yeah, I don't think we have to worry about it. Maybe we won't get as much news as we want, but rest assured, the site will be up on time. And for anyone still trying to figure out when it will happen in their region... it'll be in about 16 hours and 7 minutes or so.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
^^^ They aren't updating it the same time as they have everyday Destiny Smasher. There's a thread on it, check it out. It's pretty much confirmed that whatever we were thinking before is pushed back 12 hrs.

Chepe

Smash Lord
The Japanese Nintendo site says they will update noon and not midnight is where I got the info...

Sakurai could very well make the red 1 stay longer than it should... He makes the rules after all, and you know what, it wouldnt be innacurate. 1 day means tomorrow, but it can be ANYTIME tomorrow and it would still be 1 day from today. Stop trying to put rules into this peeps... -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom