• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1 Day...! (New Brawl Site Countdown)

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, I think Hal Labs is on there because they own a part of the rights to Smash. Kinda like how Nintendo still tagged itself to the Zelda developed by Capcom. Or Creatures tags itself to pokemon even though it's all just Nintendo

and technically Hal did do a ton of the code they're porting

oh by the way
HHHHYYYYYPPPPPEEEE

I AM REALLY EXCITED
Ice Climbers for the win!
I can agree to that.

But as strange as it may seem,is it possible that HAL Labs. can be included in the development process?

I just know that the news will hopefully be a good addition to our small list of Brawl information.

Shuma

Smash Hero
It will be the same trailer where Fox appears, but after him Samus(with the suit) jumps on the screen, and the Trailer ends.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I can agree to that.

But as strange as it may seem,is it possible that HAL Labs. can be included in the development process?

I just know that the news will hopefully be a good addition to our small list of Brawl information.
Well, if you include the usage of HAL characters and the high possibility of the music being done by the same HAL music team that did the music for SSBM then ya. I'm sure they'd have some executive input, too.

And stuff.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
I've made a precidction of Monday on SWF...

If there's any big news, the forums will be spammed with "OMG!!! NEW CHARS IN BRAWL!!!11!" -treads.

If there's no news the forums will be spammed with "HATE SAKURAI!!!"-threads.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Cool. Some new news coming next week.

I think it's entirely likely that they'll just reveal a new character we already knew about (DK, Yoshi, etc), but the website being relaunched signifies that they're preparing themselves to divulge information weekly or bi-weekly or something. I'd expect a few new screens, maybe a new trailer (hopefully), but nothing huge in terms of a character announcement next Monday. Though, after that, we'll start seeing information more regularly.

Maybe they'll even confirm a release target. That'd be most exciting, I think.

Either way, I'm not getting my hopes up for a ton of new info right away. Rather, it seems like Nintendo will be committing to releasing more information on a much more consistent basis now.

If I'm wrong, though, I'm not really complaining. I'd love to see a ton of new info.

Cool. Some new news coming next week.

I think it's entirely likely that they'll just reveal a new character we already knew about (DK, Yoshi, etc), but the website being relaunched signifies that they're preparing themselves to divulge information weekly or bi-weekly or something. I'd expect a few new screens, maybe a new trailer (hopefully), but nothing huge in terms of a character announcement next Monday. Though, after that, we'll start seeing information more regularly.

Maybe they'll even confirm a release target. That'd be most exciting, I think.

Either way, I'm not getting my hopes up for a ton of new info right away. Rather, it seems like Nintendo will be committing to releasing more information on a much more consistent basis now.

If I'm wrong, though, I'm not really complaining. I'd love to see a ton of new info.

The Brawl launch is barring alot of similarities to the Melee launch,isn't it?

Either way you slice it,it is inevitable that new information will spawn.I just hope that it isn't too disappointing.

Shark

Smash Rookie
I didn't want to respond to this, mainly because I don't want to come back to the forum since my 600+ post count was reset, and my wish list sig was erased, but I had to.

Okay, what is the big deal with May 20th? It says 6 days from now, which at first I counted 21, but I realised the counter hasn't changed in 24 hours, so 6 days would now be the 22nd...unless it said 6 two days ago, which would make the 20th O.o Update the counter Nintendo!

Now, here's what I think it is, I think they are just adding the other 5 returning characters, and just want to mislead up and piss us off. You have to realise that Nintendo does not like their fans anymore, and just want to piss us off for fun. It's late, so I can't think of any point at the moment (except the constant lies they told about Zelda: TP that turned out untrue). So obviously, Nintendo will mislead us with this, get our hopes up with this, and then throw it in our faces that the game will be delayed to 2008, without any new characters, levels, ANYTHING confirmed except a late 2008 release. This is Nintendo's way.

Now, I'm going to go ahead and get my hopes up, simply because we haven't got a new character in 1 year (no Fox doesn't count. Expecting him to return was like expecting Mario to return, and on top of that, Fox's new look sucks). But if we get nothing, or we get another returning character from the original game, I will be PISSED. Now if we get a returning character from Melee (Marth, Mewtwo, Zelda, Ganondorf, ect), I would be alot less pissed, simply because we know everyone from the original will return, but not everyone from Melee, and because I fear Marth will be replaced by Ike, his look alike anyway. But if we get someone new for Brawl, even if it's just one character, even if it's somebody I hate (like Tingle), I will still be happy because we finally got SOMETHING!

Okay, rant over, but I had to express my feelings towards the way Nintendo is treating their fans lately.

Fawriel

Smash Master
It's probably obvious, but I'll say it nonetheless: It's next to impossible that Nintendo will disappoint us with this update.
They are a major company. What they are pulling, this hype, is a marketing strategy. They know how the human psyche works, and they are using it to make us anticipate the game and buy it like mad.
That sounds kind of ominous, but it's simple, really. If they disappoint us now, nobody will be able to trust them anymore. We only got a few updates spread over a long period of time, but whenever there was something, it was worth it. We are waiting so impatiently because we know that every time there *is* an update, it's a great one.
Disappointing us now would kill all the hype they worked so hard to build. Everybody would think that Nintendo is just out to get them, building up hype over nothing.

So unless all Nintendo executives were possessed by demons from Purgatory, there's no need to worry.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I didn't want to respond to this, mainly because I don't want to come back to the forum since my 600+ post count was reset, and my wish list sig was erased, but I had to.
Gosh darnit, Shark, this is, like, the fourth time I've seen you do this...You made another account and that one is the one with all your posts. Look at your previous posts to see more about it...

Okay, what is the big deal with May 20th? It says 6 days from now, which at first I counted 21, but I realised the counter hasn't changed in 24 hours, so 6 days would now be the 22nd...unless it said 6 two days ago, which would make the 20th O.o Update the counter Nintendo!
In IGN's podcast, they mentioned that there could be MP3 news on the 20th. They also said, in the last mail bag, that Matt C. was flying up to Seattle for a Nintendo Press thing that week. The counter is going by Japan time, in which midnight for them is early morning for the US.

Flying Pig

Smash Cadet
The Brawl launch is barring alot of similarities to the Melee launch,isn't it?

Either way you slice it,it is inevitable that new information will spawn.I just hope that it isn't too disappointing.

I have to agree on that because it seems like it too. Did meele come out around christmas or after it.

Shark

Smash Rookie

Gosh darnit, Shark, this is, like, the fourth time I've seen you do this...You made another account and that one is the one with all your posts. Look at your previous posts to see more about it...
First of all, your wrong. I never created another account. This is the same one I've always used since 2001.

Second of all, it's good to see someone remembers me after I've been gone for so long.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
If you click on someone's name and go to "Find more posts by this user" it'll take you to a page with all the posts someone has made. Since you have so few on that account, it was easy to find. And easy to confirm that it's the fourth time. :3

Huh...Maybe if I stuck around for more than a **** day I could remember >.<

And this whole thing could of been done in PM's...back to topic, NINTENDO WANTS TO TORTURE US!
What's up with all of the negative attitude?

You do know that Nintendo needs a flagship game to hold us over,and why wouldn't they release a game that has the potential to sell millions and have us occupied until they release new games?Just because you think they are torturing you?

Man,the Smash community sure whines alot. >_>

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
Man, I hope they dont reveal all the characters like somebody said earlier. I want the save some surprise effect (G&W was a total surprise for exemple) and I know that if the list is revealed, it will be written everywhere and I'm going to be spoiled ! AAAH !

Maybe I should exile myself to Himalaya until the game is released... But I may miss the lunch day ! What should I do ?

Man, I hope they dont reveal all the characters like somebody said earlier. I want the save some surprise effect (G&W was a total surprise for exemple) and I know that if the list is revealed, it will be written everywhere and I'm going to be spoiled ! AAAH !

Maybe I should exile myself to Himalaya until the game is released... But I may miss the lunch day ! What should I do ?
So what if they are spoiled? You would be as shocked seeing them in the game as you would seeing them on the internet...so what's the point?

You're going to unlock them anyway...But if you insist,just don't go on your computer for the next 6 months.

=/

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
I hope this will clear one certain annoying rumor I've always hated:
Bowser Jr, Cel Link, and Ridley being replaced from Ice Climbers, YLink, and G&W.

I'm guessing either a confirmed release date or another trailer (or a timer to mess with millions of fans' heads that does absolutley nothing). We'll have to wait and see...

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I can just see it now. The timer goes down to zero...

Super Smash fans around the world are glued to their computers in anticipation...

A link pops up and it lead to the new Smash Bros site...

Its exactly the same as the old, with one major difference...

There's a single sentence. It reads...

"Dr. Mario is returning. Oh, and his recovery is better. CHEW ON THAT, SUCKERS! Don't expect to hear from me or this game until 2012! WAH HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

-All the best, Sakurai"
Don't scare me like that, Wiseguy.

Seriously.

Smooth Criminal

0oo0

Smash Cadet
Im sure this Major Update will make me fail my finals starting on wednesday... Darn it! BUT ILL BE SOOOOO HAPPY IF I SEE A RELEASE DATE PLUS A NEW TRAILER!!!!!!!!

Fawriel

Smash Master
"As a way of showing our deepest loyalty and submission, we have given all character spots in Super Smash Brothers Brawl to our Martian overlords. Happy 22nd century, and may the great Glorg bless you all."

MarsBitrona

Smash Apprentice
Who needs something elaborate like ilovebees.com when you can just take down the site and replace it with a number?

Seriously, this isn't sarcastic. I'm trying to invent time travel just so it can be next monday.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
THE WORST THINGS THAT COULD HAPPEN

Sakurai "I think I'll have them unlock the last character by retyping out all the trophy text using the new fun wiimote! Happy Easter!"

Sakurai says "I've decided to add Pulsie+Minum and Raichu to join Pikachu and Pichu in this game"

Sakurai says "I will be replacing Kirby with Spongebob"

Sakurai says "Out of respect for Mr. Myamoto, none of his characters will take damage"

Sakurai says "Sonic Team is the secret developer that has joined me"

Sakurai says "You'll have to buy the unlockable characters on the Wii Shop Channel"

Sakurai says "I thought about Wolf and Krystal, but Slippy is far more popular in Japan"

Sakurai says "You can finally create your own movesets"

Sakurai says "2/5 of the stages are from Kirby's Dreamland"

Sakurai says "Wario Waft is the most powerful move in the game"

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
ilovebees.com was this weird viral marketing doodad involving Halo 2, if I'm remembering correctly.
Basically, something to build up hype.

And yep, it's 5 days left.
I have the site as my background and I've changed it every day the # changes. I'm such a nerd. =)

Caael

Smash Lord
THE WORST THINGS THAT COULD HAPPEN

Sakurai "I think I'll have them unlock the last character by retyping out all the trophy text using the new fun wiimote! Happy Easter!"

Sakurai says "I've decided to add Pulsie+Minum and Raichu to join Pikachu and Pichu in this game"

Sakurai says "I will be replacing Kirby with Spongebob"

Sakurai says "Out of respect for Mr. Myamoto, none of his characters will take damage"

Sakurai says "Sonic Team is the secret developer that has joined me"

Sakurai says "You'll have to buy the unlockable characters on the Wii Shop Channel"

Sakurai says "I thought about Wolf and Krystal, but Slippy is far more popular in Japan"

Sakurai says "You can finally create your own movesets"

Sakurai says "2/5 of the stages are from Kirby's Dreamland"

Sakurai says "Wario Waft is the most powerful move in the game"
I'm so gonna make a topic for that.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Trust me. Something big will happen.

REMEMBER!!! : on the website Sakurai said that he would update the website if anything newsworthy came up. And now there is a countdown for an update.

Showing Yoshi's new look is not particularly newsworthy. Plus Brawl's release date is coming soon (end of the year). So I bet Sakurai is going to unleash alot of information on the site in five days and then slowly leak information for the rest of the year until it is released.

So expect either a list of all the returning Melee characters (what I would prefer) or the roster excludng the unlockables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom