• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1 Day...! (New Brawl Site Countdown)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Nah sonic is too huge of an impact, being 3rd party and all and I say should be the last one revealed, that way many wil lgo: "Oh man one character left, looks like sonic chances arent that good" and the BLAM!! newcomer sonic!....

Im sayin maybe something like dedede, wolf or krystal, a metroid charcter (hopefully ridley) maybe midna or tp ganondorf or something like that will do... and hopefully the other 3rd party character (u know were gonna have 3: snake, sonic [obviously] and the other guy), heres hopin its megaman!!

Chepe

Smash Lord
Release date and Online info. are much bigger news than a new character or a trailer, Chepe.
Eh, depends on who you ask. For me, release date and online info are things that arent too hard to guess on, release date especially since the game will eventually come. Characters however, have so many possibilities that they are much more exciting to have revealed to me...

But this site relaunch still probably wont have too much info I think...

psyt

Smash Journeyman
i expect jus a little new stuff, it'll probly be like yoshi and dk are in brawl omgzor!!!! and then like a virtual countdown to e3 on the site T_T, hope im wrong, all this "almost" news recently just teaches you not to get ur hopes up ;x

Percon

Smash Lord
No new info is fine by me (though of course, I'd apreciate it, especially anything about online), I just want to see a gameplay video and a release date.

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
Also, online info and release dates don't have visual aids. People get far more excited seeing screenshots or a trailer*prays*. Also visuals means we can analyze what to expect etc

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Well, for us Mountain Time folks, the site will be revamped and available at 9:00 AM sharp on Monday.

I'm hoping for some releases dates and what have you... but I'll give almost anything to see Wolf O' Donnell make a Fox like entrance in a new trailer.

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
I cannot Wait OMG!!!! But know that i know that it will be updated time is gonna move so slow...

The Bino

Smash Lord
I 2nd that notion for Megaman, love that guy

I don't care bout what gets released as of in 6days, i just want a release date, that's it, give me a release date so i can go to Game Stop and get my copy reserved 1st

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!! *squeals like a girl*

YESSS!!! This is what I have been waiting for! My patience will finally pay off!

So slow... but who cares? WE'RE GETTING SOMETHING!!!

*asplodes*

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
I think closing the website for a week is pretty huge...

Im sure we can expect great things...

But its never good to be hopeful... watch my hopes get krusht...

The Director

Smash Lord
Look, at this point I would be perfectly content with seeing returning characters from Melee in Brawl form. Especially DK, who is my favorite character, and if you ask me DK seems like the next obvious choice for a Brawl unveiling. (accept Yoshi, who might get dibs before the big ape)

I have a feeling we'll get online details. It's been the most elusive part of the game thus far, and from what we've heard it could be the reason there's been this huge news drought. If that crazy Reggie is so die hard about being perfect, Brawl's online mode would be his first priority.

But to clarify; I'm on the east coast, at exactly what time should I expect to see news? Sometime Sunday night or Monday morning?

Croco

Smash Lord
Maybe we will see a "Revealed Character" every week.
Either way.. I will accept anything that comes up on Monday.

Keige

Smash Journeyman
Aww man! It's going to be up in the middle of one of my exams! Try not to have too much fun without me you stupid "I can be on the internets at 11:00 in the morning! lolz" people.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
OH SNAP! look on the bottom of the page (it says HAL is in on it!) Didn't Sakurai get like 'Sora' or something for this? or is he still part of HAL?

SmashYou6666

Banned via Administration
I just have one question.

When they showed mewtwo, G&W and all the new characters at the SSBM website launch, did they showed the hidden characters before the launch or months later after the game being released?

Keige

Smash Journeyman
I can't remember since I didn't get the game until that Christmas, but I think it was before.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
OH SNAP! look on the bottom of the page (it says HAL is in on it!) Didn't Sakurai get like 'Sora' or something for this? or is he still part of HAL?
HAL and Game Freak are still working on SSB, but as is the unnamed SSBB team, along with a lot of other Nintendo employees. Pretty much everyone who worked on the first two, plus tons of more people who have mad video game making skillz!

OMFG, I am excited! Seriously, if I see Wind Waker Link I will cry, and I never cry! :laugh: :) Same thing, but to a slightly lesser extent with Megaman, King Dedede, Ike, Diddy Kong (finally! :mad: ), Dixie Kong, Ridley, Dark Samus, Sonic, etc. Seriously, I also want to see more returning characters, looking more kick *** than they were in the past SSB games they were in!

Also, I think we can expect to find out some information on online detail, and the multiplayer, and sorta how it works, as well as release date possiblities! OMFG, I can't wait, and this is gonna be even better than the first two trailers combined! I might explode with happiness, I think I just wavedashed around my house for an hour (like 10x better than Luigi).

May 20th...10 days after my birthday, intresting the 20th...I remeber something big involving Nintendo happening on the 20th of May (or was it March=?), but I can't remember. It is also intresting to note that the Halo 3 beta comes out too, and the Halo 3 beta (along with Starcraft 2) are in the countdown mode. Serisously, coisidence, or not (I think not!)=???

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
I just have one question.

When they showed mewtwo, G&W and all the new characters at the SSBM website launch, did they showed the hidden characters before the launch or months later after the game being released?
Officially? After.

However, a completed character select screen with all of the hidden characters unlocked was leaked prior to the game's release. Hilariously enough, a lot of people thought it was fake.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
IGN is probably right, but it has not been confirmed. They simply are not idiots, so they assumed that the CC can be used. Just so people know.

It's NOT confirmed.

Thank you.

P.S. (It will use the CC)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
IGN is probably right, but it has not been confirmed. They simply are not idiots, so they assumed that the CC can be used. Just so people know.

It's NOT confirmed.

Thank you.

P.S. (It will use the CC)
IGN is probably right, but it will probably as well work with the GC controller of course! :laugh: :)

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Assuming it's a character a week to be covered...and there'll be 16-20 starting characters (just a guess) we could assume a release date from that...I'm sure they'll at least narrow it down come Monday.

About the copyright thing...Nintendo and HAL do own the copyright for the game. You see, when a third party developer is asked (or however that process works) to make a game in a first party franchise they don't necessarily gain any part of the copyright.

I just wanna see some in game screenshots, like some fight screens with percentages and some menus. Maybe a character select screen.

And, hopefully, some music. :3

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I just wanna see some in game screenshots, like some fight screens with percentages and some menus. Maybe a character select screen.

I hear you, man. A character select screen would make me drool. No more stupid fricken mock-ups.

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
Assuming it's a character a week to be covered...and there'll be 16-20 starting characters (just a guess) we could assume a release date from that...I'm sure they'll at least narrow it down come Monday.

About the copyright thing...Nintendo and HAL do own the copyright for the game. You see, when a third party developer is asked (or however that process works) to make a game in a first party franchise they don't necessarily gain any part of the copyright.

Me Too!!

We need to hear some music or a selection screen

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
What do you mean a completed character screen was released and hilariously people thought it was fake?

Got any proof on that?
It probably WAS fake.
How would it have gotten leaked?
And if that's the case, what characters were in it?
He was talking about the melee launch.:psycho:

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Officially? After.

However, a completed character select screen with all of the hidden characters unlocked was leaked prior to the game's release. Hilariously enough, a lot of people thought it was fake.
I remember that. Seeing that first picture of Young Link on Kongo Jungle 64. :3 And seeing Marth and Roy for the first time..."Characters from a Japanese exclusive RPG?...AWESOME!!!"

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Ya some nice new orchestated music by the guy who does the music for Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger will be awsome (he made one winged angel after all). Plus other musical geniuses, we'll be in for one of the best musical experiences in video gaming, if not the best. :) :) :)

Hopefully you can take full advantage of the downloadable music feature on the Wii in SSBB, cause I wanna hear some of my fav songs while playing Smash. Seriously, downloading music from my iPod and MP3 players will be awsome! If we get at least 20 or so courses fully orchestated, I might go crazy, cause I'll be happy! :)

Originally Posted by Evil E.
I hear you, man. A character select screen would make me drool. No more stupid fricken mock-ups.
Seriously, i would cry and drool at that, even if there have been some pretty awsome fakes, there have been even more crappy ones. My bet is on something like a SSB64 mix with SSBM screen, but when a new twist in the look. I bet it looks sorta like the Revolutinary Wii look on the title, but that is just my educated guess....:)

Side Note: SWF has already started to be flood with noobs, but in 6 days there are going to be like 10,000 new users (okay, maybe not that many, but you get what I mean).

I

i8waffles612

i dont know why, but i still have a funny feeling about Mario and Sonic at the Olympics....

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
^^^What? Didn't I say that quote that you changed to Evil E.? I'm confused.

@Johnknight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom