• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1 Day...! (New Brawl Site Countdown)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Don't worry- I'm sure we'll get tons of info this week. Brawl Monday, the site is being completely revamped, it's gotta be good. And then I think we'll get some great MP3 news from Seattle. It'll be a good week in terms on Nintendo hype.
I've heard a couple people say that we'll get Metroid Prime 3 info. Please tell me where this is indicated. If I'm the Nine-thousanth ;) person to ask, you'll have to forgive me. This thread is just too long to read every single post.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Wiseguy, Matt Cassamassina (IGN) has hinted at it many times in his blogs, podcasts, and articles. He is really pretty trustworthy, and he always seems to have the inside-scoop on games. He can't say anything about MP3 because he is under embargo, but he has hinted many times that news will be coming soon, and he even specifically said May a few times.

While this doesn't confirm anything, I would be shocked if he was lieing/wrong/ being a *******.

I hope that sort of answers your question. Besides, we ARE due for Corruption news, we don't know WHAT the hell is going on with that game.

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
Hey, does anyone know when the site will be updated if I live on the West Coast? Thanks

I live in Hawaii btw. That's 3 hours behind Seattle.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Really? I think MP is great, but w/o online multplayer or at least decent non-online multiplayer it can't live up to Brawl.

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
Hey the countdown says 2 days (Japan time). Does that mean that the US will get the news on Tuesday instead of Monday since the time is different? It's too confusing to try to explain it.

Sensai

Smash Master
I think putting multiplayer in a Metroid game might be a mistake...

Sure, Hunters was fun but the single player was just frackin' terrible.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
hey did anyone see that it says Hal Laboratory at the bottom of the countdown screen? i dont believe they have even mentioned Hal being involved again until now!

El HP

Smash Ace
Brawl will be a fantastic im sure of it but MP3 to me is the game that shows what the Wii can do hardware wise and control wise the game seems to control fantastically with the wiimote bringing many new elements it will be epic.

I agree the series has always been single player and should stay that way hopefully Retro Studios if focusing in creating a fantastic single player experience and not wasting time and resources in multiplayer after all metroid is an action/adventure series not an online FPS.

Zag

Smash Rookie
Hey the countdown says 2 days (Japan time). Does that mean that the US will get the news on Tuesday instead of Monday since the time is different? It's too confusing to try to explain it.
The counter updates at 12 am [midnight] Japan time, which translates to 8 am PST or 11 am EST. So if it updated this morning at 8 am PST to show '2 days left', then the countdown should be complete on Monday May 21st at 8 am PST / 11 am EST.

I wouldn't necessarily expect the information to be up immediately at that time though. The countdown just means that we'll be getting new info at that time, give or take a few hours probably.
hey did anyone see that it says Hal Laboratory at the bottom of the countdown screen? i dont believe they have even mentioned Hal being involved again until now!
It says copyright HAL / Nintendo, because HAL was the original developer of the game. Some old team members from HAL that worked on Melee are working with Sakurai on Brawl [that was confirmed on the old website], but the actual developer isn't involved as far as we know.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

I disagree, though IMO they should get the single player down first. Hunters has a awsome multiplayer, and after most or a good portion of the single player is done, online multiplayer should be done, somewhat similar to Hunters. Just as long as Retro Studios gets the single player down first, then they should work on a mulitplayer similar to Hunters'. (plus playing as other characters is nice) I want a exellent single player like MP1&2, and multiplayer like Hunters, and I'll be more than happy! :)

Originally Posted by Zag
The counter updates at 12 am [midnight] Japan time, which translates to 8 am PST or 11 am EST. So if it updated this morning at 8 am PST to show '2 days left', then the countdown should be complete on Monday May 21st at 8 am PST / 11 am EST.

I wouldn't necessarily expect the information to be up immediately at that time though. The countdown just means that we'll be getting new info at that time, give or take a few hours probably.
Okay thanks, so I'll be up by 8 before I go to school, watch the trailer, go to school, and constantly find myself saying "zomg that trailer of brawl was awsome, can't wait to get it", and stuff like that! :)

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Wiseguy, Matt Cassamassina (IGN) has hinted at it many times in his blogs, podcasts, and articles. He is really pretty trustworthy, and he always seems to have the inside-scoop on games. He can't say anything about MP3 because he is under embargo, but he has hinted many times that news will be coming soon, and he even specifically said May a few times.

While this doesn't confirm anything, I would be shocked if he was lieing/wrong/ being a *******.

I hope that sort of answers your question. Besides, we ARE due for Corruption news, we don't know WHAT the hell is going on with that game.
Thanks Mr.GAW. IGN has always been a reliable source of gaming news so if someone on their staff has hinted that we'll Metroid news soon, that's good enough for me.

To me, Smash Bros is best game series in existance and Metroid Prime is a very close second. If Nintendo releases new info on both of these games this Monday, it would be beyond awesome. This is going to be one incredible fall for the Wii.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion

So long as they take their time on the single player, and don't sacrifice any of that time for multiplayer, it should be fine. They can just create an excellent single player game, and THEN delay the game for multiplayer. IMO, that would be worth it, and if it was good enough, it might convince someone to by a Wii instead of a 360. Just my 2 cents.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So long as they take their time on the single player, and don't sacrifice any of that time for multiplayer, it should be fine. They can just create an excellent single player game, and THEN delay the game for multiplayer. IMO, that would be worth it, and if it was good enough, it might convince someone to by a Wii instead of a 360. Just my 2 cents.
Basically exactly what I said, and I don't think I can agree more. The single player needs to be well off before Retro Studios goes and makes the multiplater (online). Idc if MP3 gets delayed for online, as long as the online is awsome! Seriously, awsome online in MP3 could play a huge roll in the Wii market, and Retro Studios and Nintendo realize that, and the same thing goes, probably to a much higher extreme with Brawl. :)

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Thanks Mr.GAW.
No problem.

Basically exactly what I said
Yeah, sorry, I'm just now reading the posts below Sensai's that I quoted, I didn't see that anyone had responded to that yet.

But yeah, great thoughts. I agree with you. Of course, by no means does MP3 need online to sell well, but it would boost sales for sure, and I would enjoy it.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
^^^Wow. I actually went to the Dojo real quick to check, then I realized how stupid I was.

Jack Bauer pwns.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
No problem.

Yeah, sorry, I'm just now reading the posts below Sensai's that I quoted, I didn't see that anyone had responded to that yet.

But yeah, great thoughts. I agree with you. Of course, by no means does MP3 need online to sell well, but it would boost sales for sure, and I would enjoy it.
Ya, but the online, along with Brawl's could definitely together be a great competition for Halo 3, and if Retro Studio dedicates enough time to the online, it will be played for a very long time. You would be surprised how well a good one console only FPS with online could do, and how much it could help a system. Considering how MP is a huge step out of the normal FPS, this effect only is greater, and if Retro Studio uses this to their advantage, they'll have a game that is one of the most played online games for a long time, thus boosting the Wii's sales amongst gamers. :)

Originally Posted by WR3K
everytime i go to the site i hear the beeping of the show 24's clock
So I'm not the only one. :laugh: Is that ticking a time bomb of n00bs, or a time bomb for "zomg this character is sick", or both=? I still can't deciede which one it is! :laugh:

Foxman15

Smash Journeyman
Tokyo, Japan is 14 hours ahead of where I live (Minnesota) and I checked this morning to see what time the site changed its countdown clock to 2 days. It changed at 10:00am, which is exactly when Japan is at midnight on Sunday. So if the site gets updated when its suppose to, it will be at 12:00am Tuesday for Japan, and at 10:00am on Monday for me in MN. This means that I will have to go to our school's media center during my study hall period which starts at 11am.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Tokyo, Japan is 14 hours ahead of where I live (Minnesota) and I checked this morning to see what time the site changed its countdown clock to 2 days. It changed at 10:00am, which is exactly when Japan is at midnight on Sunday. So if the site gets updated when its suppose to, it will be at 12:00am Tuesday for Japan, and at 10:00am on Monday for me in MN. This means that I will have to go to our school's media center during my study hall period which starts at 11am.
Gah dang it I have exams, well at least I wont have to stay up all night and wait for the info...

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
Well im skipping First and second period and using a Proxy to print out all the info!!!

Back on topic:I belive that they will release alot of info on how the online play will go...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well at least I get to see the trailers/info before I go to school! I'm finally happy that we start at 8:45 vs. the previous 8:20. I'll definitely watch it a couple of times before I leave, and at school I'll be like "omg tis is da best day ever, a new smash trailer with lots of stuff and info came out!" Ya, if you hear anyone screaming me that, it's me=lol!

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying not to overyhype myself thinking there will trailers, etc. Worst case scenario, they announce that there will be more info soon, which is what I'm expectign so as not to be disappointed. I think the site will probably just get revamped with slick character profiles for characters we already know, maybe with blanked/shillouetted profiles to be revealed leading up to release ala X-Men Legends. That, or the megaton.

The Director

Smash Lord
****. I won't get up until 2 on Monday. I'll have to wait until then, I guess.

brandutt845

Smash Apprentice
2 more FREAKIN DAYS LEFT! I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED i want to melt in my chair.

I'm trying not to overyhype myself thinking there will trailers, etc. Worst case scenario, they announce that there will be more info soon, which is what I'm expectign so as not to be disappointed. I think the site will probably just get revamped with slick character profiles for characters we already know, maybe with blanked/shillouetted profiles to be revealed leading up to release ala X-Men Legends. That, or the megaton.

I dont think the developers would make a big deal just for that crap.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
They haven't made a big deal really. They just made a countdown--it could be down because they are literally revamping it step by step. I don't want to get too excited.

Remember what happened to the God of War fans with the countdown Sony had on the site? Now, I trust Nintendo more than Sony as far as creating false buzz, but just to be sure, I don't want to get myself more hyped about this than I already am.

I haven't succeeded that well though--as you can see, I don't post here often; in the last 5 days, I've posted more on this board than I have in the last two years. I also burned the trailer #2 to a disc and analyzed it frame by frame. Like everyone else, I'm desperate to get myself into the advanced stages of hype, but I fear the let-down.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
feeew...thank god there going to do it on exam week which i get to leave school at 9:45 otherwise I would be able to see the countdown.

Bakuryu

Smash Ace
They haven't made a big deal really. They just made a countdown--it could be down because they are literally revamping it step by step. I don't want to get too excited.

Remember what happened to the God of War fans with the countdown Sony had on the site? Now, I trust Nintendo more than Sony as far as creating false buzz, but just to be sure, I don't want to get myself more hyped about this than I already am.

I haven't succeeded that well though--as you can see, I don't post here often; in the last 5 days, I've posted more on this board than I have in the last two years. I also burned the trailer #2 to a disc and analyzed it frame by frame. Like everyone else, I'm desperate to get myself into the advanced stages of hype, but I fear the let-down.
To add a little more confidence in you nintendo.com says its a MAJOR Update, so unless they REALLY planned to let us down with that we think its got to be something.

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
In regards to the single player, I hope they don't make the controls different from the multiplayer like they did with Melee. How many of you, like me, cannot play single player modes anymore, because of your reliance on the S-stick? As soon as I am airborn, I can't do any directional attacks, because I keep thinking the game is glitching or something. I'm just glad I did all the event matches before I started using the C-stick. :)

Edit: I'd also use Training Mode more if it had normal controls.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Johnknight, how does your school not start until 8:40?
It is actually 8:45, and it is sorta an odd story. Seriously, last year we started at 8:20, everyone was late (I was late all the time! :laugh: ), and then at the end of last year the school staff had us vote on what time school shoukld start, 8:00, 8:20, or 8:45. So naturally, we all choose 8:00, because it had the least amount of time, 8:20 was the current schedule, and 8:45 added 10 or so minutes.

But since the school staff hates us, they choose 8:45 because noone wanted it, and they want to make life harder on us. But in the end, this is a good thing (for me at least), because 3 hours of school is so worth 3 minues of the SSBB news, and a new awsome trailer! (not being sarcastic, either!) :laugh:

@ HideousBeing
I hear ya, I rely on the C stick wayyyy tooo much for Single Player! I think single player in Melee didn't like us that much=lol!

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
I dont have school at the end of the countown.

OMG IM SO EXCITED FOR THE UPDATE IM GOING TO HAVE A SEIZURE!!!!

Zodiac

Smash Master
Its got 79 pages so I am not reading it all but, I vote release date and confirmed online play for brawl, plus two or three new characters and possibly a new trailer.

X_Meta_Knight_X

Smash Cadet
That pisses me off, I live in Ohio and the site wont update until 11:00 AM here and I will be at fuc**** school til 3:00 PM then my 45 min bus ride home!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom