• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1 Day...! (New Brawl Site Countdown)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THE BALLS ARE INERT!!!

VEGETA,WHAT DOES THE SCOUTER SAY ABOUT HIS POWER LEVEL???!!!
"what....It says nine thousand!

-Nine Thoussssannnndddd!...THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!"

On Topic: Johnknight1's newcomer picks for the upcoming and very likely soon third trailer, in order of their apearance (warning: these are my guesses, not 100% guarentees):

-Wolf
-Ridley
-Lucario!
-King Dedede
-Sonic
Any thoughts on my predictions=???

tirkaro

Smash Champion
IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THE BALLS ARE INERT!!!

VEGETA,WHAT DOES THE SCOUTER SAY ABOUT HIS POWER LEVEL???!!!
SH*T THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE IS GOING TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!
balls
OBJECTION: S**T
USE THE BOOST TO GET THROUGH!!!!!
NO NO BOOST, NO BOOST, ARE YOU 2 INSANE
yugi:WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WE MUST CONSTURUCT ADDITONAL PYLONS
with my....ninja info cards 8)

...yeah, we are getting very desperate to pass the time.....
anyway, 10 bucks one of the first confirmed characters will be either ridley or king DDD.
deoxys better appear, or else I'll sue.

smashmv

Smash Apprentice
they wiill defenetly give out at least three new or returning cjaracters and thats good enough to me

spam^

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
3 fracken days, yea I'm excited today I traded to work Sunday instead of Monday because I want to look over the news that day... I'll probably go nuts when Brawl actually does come out.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
they wiill defenetly give out at least three new or returning cjaracters and thats good enough to me

spam^
Heck, one is good for me, three is awsome, and 5 is incredible! I seriously can't wait=too true!

Originally Posted by Sculelos
3 fracken days, yea I'm excited today I traded to work Sunday instead of Monday because I want to look over the news that day... I'll probably go nuts when Brawl actually does come out.
I've said this once, I said this a dozen times, Monday could very well tell the story of how Brawl will look, and continue to look! That alone excites me, add possibly more returnies+newcomers to the trailer, and I'm on the edge of my seat (I'd probablt fall off sooner or later=lol! :laugh: ). When Brawl comes out, let's just say I'll camp outside of GameStop for a longgggg time (a couple of days I figure=okay a little too much), and when I get the game, drive home at 100 mph to play it online=njk. I'll probably play it 4 weeks straight...obsessive=I know! :laugh:

Originally Posted by tirkaro
I think a better question is: who isn't going to be camping out for this game
I'll be camping for o let's say...tooooo long! I'll get it at exactly 12:00, ahead of everyone else at my local GameStop=suckas! :laugh:

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
On Topic: Johnknight1's newcomer picks for the upcoming and very likely soon third trailer, in order of their apearance (warning: these are my guesses, not 100% guarentees):

-Wolf
-Ridley
-Lucario!
-King Dedede
-Sonic
Any thoughts on my predictions=???
Well... mmmaaaybe, but I'd wager only the last two, and really only sonic has a real shot out of that list... but mmmmaaaaybe.

I think a better question is: who isn't going to be camping out for this game :laugh:
I second. Seriously, I'll probably, wait, I KNOW I'll be more excited when that game comes out than I was when I was waiting in line Nov. 19 for a Wii... and that was pretty exciting...

(Though strangely, it feels at this point like my DS Lite was a better purchase... Oh well, Brawl and Galaxy will change all that.)

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
My predictions:

They won't release that much info. Think about it. There isn't a Nintendo Event on Monday that I know of. I think that it will be like announcing Fox in Brawl, along with a new stage. Maybe DK or Yoshi revealed in a possible new trailer, along with a DK stage or something. Luigi maybe be announced as well.

But that's just my opinion on it. Don't worry about it. There's a chance that they will announce at least some newcomers.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
^^ Actually I think there IS supposed to be a Nintendo event of some kind. I have now given you hope! ;)

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
^^ Actually I think there IS supposed to be a Nintendo event of some kind. I have now given you hope! ;)
There is an event? Yes, now I have hope for more info!:laugh: :laugh:

This new info may explain SamuraiPanda's thread saying that there may be news soon.

Foxman15

Smash Journeyman
Same here. Waited in line from 2:00am-8:00am, not bad, right? Think again. I live in Minnesota, and on November 19 there was a below zero windchill, and it wasn't that windy. Meaning that is was just fuc*ing cold.

Anyway, I think I will be considered a threat to myself and more to others on Brawl's release date.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Ah, the weekend. Waiting is much easier when I don't have school. My weekends always fly by, so the news will come fast.

AxemRed

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, sorry if someone said this already, but if Sakurai just wanted to add a couple of characters to the site, couldn't he have done that without revamping the entire site?

It seems to be like we'll be getting a lot of little things. A few characters and stages, maybe what the 1p mode will be like this time, what will happen to things like event matches, stadium matches, the trophy system...I'm just throwing ideas around (as usual XD) but I'm pretty sure the info we get will be fairly varied in its scope.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
SH*T THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE IS GOING TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!
balls
OBJECTION: S**T
USE THE BOOST TO GET THROUGH!!!!!
NO NO BOOST, NO BOOST, ARE YOU 2 INSANE
yugi:WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WE MUST CONSTURUCT ADDITONAL PYLONS
with my....ninja info cards 8).
Oh, man. I almost fell outta my chair laughing at that one. :laugh: Instead of Yugi going "Wahhh," you should've put:

Yugi: IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-D-D-DUEL!

Anyway. I wonder what kind of stuff they're gonna be showcasing if a new trailer came rolling out of the wetworks? New characters aside (though it is a prominent hope), do you guys think that Sakurai and Company are going to be touching base on any more items if said trailer were released? Sure, it is the last thing that I'd wanna see (or care about, in actuality) but just hypothetically speaking.

Smooth Criminal

Artistry

Smash Apprentice
Hey Vegeta? Vegeta? Vegeta? Vegeta? Vegeta? Are you OK?? What does the scouter say about his balls? It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAND!!

But on a serious note... it's interesting how wonder grows into speculation, which grows into longing, which grows into expectation! People will be so upset if Sonic isn't in Brawl.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I could see a small clip of Fox shooting off the Super Scope or something, or Link swing a Wii-mote as a weapon :D as small clips in some trailers. Hopefully someone will be blocking, so we can see the shield bubble has returned...

Lol did we really need to bring Kajetokun stuff into this? in that case...

I hope by body can take it.

End Game

Smash Journeyman
Maybe, they did reveal the nintendogs to be the new snorlax in brawl. Wait, what trailer was that? i think it was the first one. Also, i seriously want them to clear up the whole super smash attacks thing...that has been bugging me for the longest.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
All I need is one new character, and it looks like I'm getting more than I need=happy me. Well the weekend makes the wait shorter...but I'll still be excited about the very likely upcoming trailer, release date info, online info (*cough* ranking system), some neat new stages, features/modes/ooptions, etc. I think we'll be given a lot of things with this new updae, not just a awsome trailer (fingers crossed)...

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
End Game I love your signature so much, Skull Kid was my number one pick for a character in Melee... then I kinda gave up when he wasn't in, since Majora's Mask is now kinda old... oh, and I agree, they need to tell us more about the "super smash moves"

I think I speak for everyone when I say how hungry I am for a release date.

I

i8waffles612

I never understand the ITS OVER NINE THOUSAND thing ppl always say

Artistry

Smash Apprentice
^^^^ Nope. Nothing about controllers is confirmed.
Actually, Sakurai said that he didn't want to change the way that players control the characters like they did with the N64 to the Gamecube. That implies that the Gamecube controller (the only older controller that connects to the Wii) will be used to control Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

In yo face. o.O

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
Man I wished I never visited this thread. I saw it the first time, kinda excited not looking at it every day. Now I started looking through and reading all the pages, and now time seems to go slower because of all the excitement and hype.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Actually, Sakurai said that he didn't want to change the way that players control the characters like they did with the N64 to the Gamecube. That implies that the Gamecube controller (the only older controller that connects to the Wii) will be used to control Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

In yo face. o.O
And possibly a more traditional controller (not saying the CC) for the Wii could work with Brawl as well. It isn't probable, but it is possible there will be a more traditional controller for the Wii other than the CC (which will probably only stick only with Classic games).

Originally Posted by i8waffles612
I never understand the ITS OVER NINE THOUSAND thing ppl always say
It is a DBZ joke...look it up on youtube or something, and watch someone replay it over and over in a youtube vid, and you will randomly find yourself cracking up! :laugh: :)

I

i8waffles612

ok i will look at the video...

it would be cool if they made a new controller for brawl, and when you buy Brawl the controller comes with it lol

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Same here. Waited in line from 2:00am-8:00am, not bad, right? Think again. I live in Minnesota, and on November 19 there was a below zero windchill, and it wasn't that windy. Meaning that is was just fuc*ing cold.

Anyway, I think I will be considered a threat to myself and more to others on Brawl's release date.
I hear ya on that one. I as you can tell, I'm from MN too. It's bloody cold. (And bloody awesome!) More people will probably get hurt in this game launch than in any of the console launches, but not because of hateful savage attempts at nabbing a copy... It will be because people are just too excited and stupidly happy to control their BODIES!

Hopefully someone will be blocking, so we can see the shield bubble has returned...
I would also really like to see this, as well as know if you'll be able to roll into an edge hog or not. (I don't really want it to be that way.)

Hmm... it worries me a tiny bit how people say they can't wait for trailers/characters/release date/game play info/whatever else. I'm sure it will be a cool update, but they'll probably save SOME news for closer to launch. We'll see. I'm really interested to hear from Sakurai. I liked it when he was kind of leaving messages for the fans. A nice long blog style piece from him about the development, or anything else would be cool. (In addition to an awesome trailer revealing the release date of course ;))

Oh, and as was spoken in another thread;
Personal entries Smash 64 style, or some such cool intro animation to each fight would be awesome. (As long as it doesn't take too long, or you can turn it off in options for tournaments.)

Kelp Plankton

Smash Apprentice
My personal theory?

We're going to get the first TRUE gameplay trailer. And maybe, just maybe, we'll get to see the mythical fight between Sakurai and Kojima, the Mario VS Snake match. Though that's somewhat doubtful.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
ok i will look at the video...

it would be cool if they made a new controller for brawl, and when you buy Brawl the controller comes with it lol
Seriously, that would rock. Maybe the more traditional Wii controller I was talking about=? I'm guessing it would just sorta be a upgrade of the GC controller, and I'd get 4 if they were as awsome or even better htna the GC controller=awsome controllers!! :laugh: :) ;) :cool:

Originally Posted by TRC
Hopefully someone will be blocking, so we can see the shield bubble has returned...
Don't worry, blocking won't be reomved. Even if the shield bubble is taken away, something just as awsome will replace it, but the air bubble is about as permanate as Mario is in the SSBB series. Impossible to even try to shake, so I don't see it getting removed.

Originally Posted by JediNaruto
My personal theory?

We're going to get the first TRUE gameplay trailer. And maybe, just maybe, we'll get to see the mythical fight between Sakurai and Kojima, the Mario VS Snake match. Though that's somewhat doubtful.
I'd still pay money for a Sakurai (Kirby, King Dedede, or MetaKnight) vs. Kojima (Solid Snake) vs Miyamoto (Mario, Luigi, Link ,WW Link, Zelda, Shiek, Bowser, Peach, Capt. Falcon, etc. forever and ever) match, especially if they had skills to own Ken without getting damaged, or were total n00bs. But ya, if they were totally skilled, that would be a hilarious and awsome match that anyone would pay to watch. :) :laugh: ;) :cool:

Originally Posted by Devastlian
It won't be midnight in Japan for over ten hours.
So what time will it say day 2 here on the west coast=? If anyone knows it, can they seriously tell me it, so I can watch the trailer the second it comes out! :)

Sensai

Smash Master
Or 11 AM central, like I and many others have said a myriad of times.

I wouldn't be up on your case about it (god knows this thread moves fast) but everytime I've posted, I've said that. But it's cool, I'm only jesting. It's midnight where I am now, and I'm up waiting for Blizzard's announcement listening to Rage Against the Machine, ready to be pissed if it's not Starcraft 2.

How 'bout you guys? How you guys passing time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom