• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1 Day...! (New Brawl Site Countdown)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo.com -- major update. And I highly doubt that they would close the site just for a Wendy's promotion. Not to mention all of the remarks of a Nintendo event being held then by several reputable sources... this is more than just some Wendy's event.

EDIT: I don't think Matt's going to Seattle just for the Starbucks.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
What I'm saying is, how do you know the letter in the frosty had anything to do with the Dojo being closed? I'm sure that the update actually is big, but the letter from the Frosty may have nothing to do with it.

Ninty is unpredictable. Who knows, they may even release the game on Monday(unlikely but possible, knowing Nintendo).
Knowing Nintendo, the game is DEFINETLY not coming out Monday.

Pokemaster

Smash Cadet
Sure thing is, something huge is gonna happen on Nintendo's Kingdom this Monday. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Event (A mystery letter, Click here)
2. Smash site updating and every site has it's attention there
3. Official Ninty sites are talking about Major updates
4. Also, I think some info about Mario Galaxy will come out too. Miyamoto also said it will be there after 6-7 months of the Wii launch so they might have a release date for summer.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Hey, does anyone knows what time the trailer will come out here in the west coast=??? It would be very helpful to know

Side note: Hope I'm still sick on Monday, just to miss school and watch the trailer on Monday=lol! WW Link for Brawl!

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
EDIT: I don't think Matt's going to Seattle just for the Starbucks.
I'm assuming this is something about Matt Cassamassina going to Seattle, and he said somewhere it was for Starbucks or something, but you think it's really for some kind of MP3 or Brawl news?

Gah... I don't feel like guessing. Just elaborate please, 'cause I checked his blog and I don't know what you're talking about.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Logically, Celda wouldn't make sense, but still funny... like forgetting what it stands for, and it's just some random new name! :psycho: But I agree, Celink, or just Young Link would be the best.

Ouch, the 3 has curved surfaces :(

I have failed.
^That is as hilarious as it is ridiculous!

So anyway, I know a lot of people here want to know as much as possible, or at least a bunch of new info, but... I'm torn. Like someone said already, I want to enjoy unlocking new characters and squealing with delight when I first see them on my TV. That said, I guess I wouldn't mind learning all expected returning characters, or even maybe like 1 new secret character. I guess they should just show Sonic (along with returning Melee characters) and be done with it. Let us find the rest out on our own. But to keep us busy they could definitely show new stages and/or items/play mechanics. They should also keep the into-to-the-game-trailer under wraps. I want to see that when I first boot up the game, and not before... maybe my patience is far too ultimate for many of you to understand, but if you do, please tell!

Oh yeah, I was thinking Sakurai could just put up a bunch of silhouette boxes for however many characters he's going to reveal before launch, and that way if they're revealed systematically every week, each person can choose for themselves much easier how much info they want to see... Like I might open the site Monday Morning and be hit with 8 new characters. Sure I could get some else to check the site for me first, but like I'll be able to resist looking. (Especially since no one else will be around me at that time.) Same thing with a new trailer... I doubt I'll be able to resist watching it unless I know that it will reveal way too much. (Not a big deal, just thinking about how I want to do this for maximum enjoyment ;))

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I think regardless of if you know who the characters or not, Burning Lava, you will still get that feeling of delight when you see the "NEW CHALLENGER" screen. Don't worry about it too much.

Logically, Celda wouldn't make sense, but still funny... like forgetting what it stands for, and it's just some random new name! :psycho: But I agree, Celink, or just Young Link would be the best.

^That is as hilarious as it is ridiculous!

So anyway, I know a lot of people here want to know as much as possible, or at least a bunch of new info, but... I'm torn. Like someone said already, I want to enjoy unlocking new characters and squealing with delight when I first see them on my TV. That said, I guess I wouldn't mind learning all expected returning characters, or even maybe like 1 new secret character. I guess they should just show Sonic (along with returning Melee characters) and be done with it. Let us find the rest out on our own. But to keep us busy they could definitely show new stages and/or items/play mechanics. They should also keep the into-to-the-game-trailer under wraps. I want to see that when I first boot up the game, and not before... maybe my patience is far too ultimate for many of you to understand, but if you do, please tell!

Oh yeah, I was thinking Sakurai could just put up a bunch of silhouette boxes for however many characters he's going to reveal before launch, and that way if they're revealed systematically every week, each person can choose for themselves much easier how much info they want to see... Like I might open the site Monday Morning and be hit with 8 new characters. Sure I could get some else to check the site for me first, but like I'll be able to resist looking. (Especially since no one else will be around me at that time.) Same thing with a new trailer... I doubt I'll be able to resist watching it unless I know that it will reveal way too much. (Not a big deal, just thinking about how I want to do this for maximum enjoyment ;))

Not to mention,alot of people may have to resist the temptation to check the internet on how to release X character(Which I might be doing because I really don't care about the"suprise"gimick.).I don't really care about being spoiled,if I get to play with all of the obtainable characters,that's good enough for me.

>; )

aceoYe

Smash Rookie
just expect an major update what NOA said an major update, just look up the defintition of major and update and then you'll know what most likely will be shown characters, trailer, levels , gameplay. Im pretty sure the Sakurai vs. Kojima match will be up to watch and during they will be showing off moves gameplay structure, other stuff such as 1player mode, and extra like throphies, they might even show the online interface for the game, showing leader boards from each country whatso ever and all that good stuff. I think they will have diddykong, in the new trailer. hopefully, also want mew as a playable character not just making an cameo apperance out of the pokeball.

just expect an major update what NOA said an major update, just look up the defintition of major and update and then you'll know what most likely will be shown characters, trailer, levels , gameplay. Im pretty sure the Sakurai vs. Kojima match will be up to watch and during they will be showing off moves gameplay structure, other stuff such as 1player mode, and extra like throphies, they might even show the online interface for the game, showing leader boards from each country whatso ever and all that good stuff. I think they will have diddykong, in the new trailer. hopefully, also want mew as a playable character not just making an cameo apperance out of the pokeball.

I doubt that all of this will be available.And an online leader board system isn't really going to be implemented.Possibly like strikers charged? That would work.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think regardless of if you know who the characters or not, Burning Lava, you will still get that feeling of delight when you see the "NEW CHALLENGER" screen. Don't worry about it too much.
The "New Chanllenger" screen always made me happy and excited, from the first time seeing Jigglypuff in SSB64 and Melee, to the last time seeing G&W. You never know who you'll get next!!! :) :) :)

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
True to that. Thanks for the response guys, and yeah, I probably WILL still get that feeling of delight because even if I've seen most/all of the characters, I won't know exactly how to unlock each one or in what order they'll appear... So good, I'll try not to worry about it then. (I guess, I was just kind of trying to avoid the situation with Zelda: TP where there were SO many screens and videos right before the release, that I was pretty much used to/sick of the game before I played it.) No worries though, I'm still not sick of Melee!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
True to that. Thanks for the response guys, and yeah, I probably WILL still get that feeling of delight because even if I've seen most/all of the characters, I won't know exactly how to unlock each one or in what order they'll appear... So good, I'll try not to worry about it then. (I guess, I was just kind of trying to avoid the situation with Zelda: TP where there were SO many screens and videos right before the release, that I was pretty much used to/sick of the game before I played it.) No worries though, I'm still not sick of Melee!
Is it even legal to get sick of Melee, or even SSB64=??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I wonder if he will tell new characters through another trailer, or if he will just say newcomer so and so. i also hope he releases the amount of characters. i heard it was going to be around 40

Yomon

Smash Apprentice
Multiple videos probably aren't going to happen, i think 1 is likley though

As for the game creators, they aren't going to be in the game. an official number of characters is vary likley and a great idea i think there will only be 1 character released a week though...
Oh, I just realized how easy that is to take wrong.
I don't mean to have the developers as playable characters, but I meant to see the video where Sakurai was Mario, and the other guy as Snake playing against each other. <_<

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I don't mean to have the developers as playable characters, but I meant to see the video where Sakurai was Mario, and the other guy as Snake playing against each other. <_<
Or even better...Miyamoto (anyone of the billions of video game characters he created) , Sakurai (Kirby, MetaKnight, or King Dedede), and Kojima (Solid Snake) vs. Ken (Marth)! That would be good for a laugh or two! :laugh: :chuckle: ;) :psycho: :)

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

ohhh now i get it

them playing as the characters:laugh:

spjd

Smash Apprentice
One thing I'd really like to get confirmed is, what the deal is with Kirby's costumes this time.

Sensai

Smash Master
How in the hell are you people keeping up with this topic? Everytime I view it there are 5 more pages...

Nintendo would not release the game the same day of the announcement, nor the week afterwards. You're confusing them with Apple, who has done that.

(never going to see this post or it's responses)

Cisne

Smash Apprentice
have anyon discovered what that 8 thing means ? 3 days for us are like 8 for then , do they l-cancel in RL ?

how to hype ppl easily ? nintendo has the answer

3 days guys , read a book , sing a song , play bocasecaman´s game

AxemRed

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, this update happens on Monday, the same day the VC gets updated. Brawl demo, anyone?

...Nah, just kidding, I don't expect that. There's about as much chance of that happening as there is of Nintendo making a level editor for Super Mario World. Good thing I have Lunar Magic.

That would be awesome though XD.

And I think that symbol just means "days" in japanese, though I haven't gotten into kanji yet...

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
have anyon discovered what that 8 thing means ? 3 days for us are like 8 for then , do they l-cancel in RL ?

how to hype ppl easily ? nintendo has the answer

3 days guys , read a book , sing a song , play bocasecaman´s game
It's already been discussed several times in this topic. It's the kanji symbol for "days".

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

Usually, I enjoy mocking people who haven't seen something in the thread, but this one is going way too fast for that.

(zomg I've posted two times on the same page!)

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
^^^

Usually, I enjoy mocking people who haven't seen something in the thread, but this one is going way too fast for that.

(zomg I've posted two times on the same page!)
Heh, I STILL enjoy it! Here goes:

Holy cow!! It's like I'm caught in a time warp where the same things happen over and over again! Man, even I, a person who doesn't know Japanese, could figure that one out! Heh, JK, no hard feelings bro. And yeah, this thread is like... LIGHTNING ON SPEED!!! ...with BEES CHASING IT!!!!!!

(Too far? Sorry :laugh:)

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Yeah this thread is pretty fast. It's good though cause I'm bored.

God I hope Richard Nixon is a secret character in this game. (jokingly hoping)

I still don't understand the Wendy's float thing. I hope it's just a coincadence that Brawl comes out then, unless there is some... floaty character they were hinting at. Peach lol.

Artistry

Smash Apprentice
I think they will show all the characters from Melee in Brawl graphics and then be all like MINDGAMES SON!! and then they take out Pichu.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
WHENANES POEPS KATERMSNA BOLAS PELUDAS!!!!!!

*shoes start raining* IT WORKS!!!!!!

Now I'm bored. What to do? these 3 days are going to be loooooooong, especially the last one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom