• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1 Day...! (New Brawl Site Countdown)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
3 days left now.

That's right, we are now officially 72 hours away from new info.

Sidius

Smash Journeyman
Everybody who has computer class on monday should probably learn the way of the ninja.
Otherwise, the teacher might notice the cackling and the giggling and the "OHMY****INGGOD"ing.
lmao....so true...but my teacher doesn't give a s*** he let's everyone play games the entire period.

CStrife187

Smash Journeyman
the new info is that smash brawl is cancelled, there is no release date. That's what happens when you announce a game before you have a dev team together.

End Game

Smash Journeyman
This has absolutely made my day. We all have got to love nintendo for this...nintendo: the masters of hype. All i am hoping for is a release date that way i can buy the wii and pre-order the game.

Does anyone else think that this sudden burst of news means that we may be seeing brawl sooner than most of us predicted? i certaintly think so.

Oh an hi by the way, im new.

spjd

Smash Apprentice
This has absolutely made my day. We all have got to love nintendo for this...nintendo: the masters of hype. All i am hoping for is a release date that way i can buy the wii and pre-order the game.

Does anyone else think that this sudden burst of news means that we may be seeing brawl sooner than most of us predicted? i certaintly think so.

Oh an hi by the way, im new.
Well, it could very well mean that. But I'm not gonna count on it. I think I'll just wait for a release date, 'cause so far Nintendo has been far from easy to predict when it comes to.. Well, pretty much anything. ;)

Micahc

Smash Ace
I am a very happy boy. That is all. Hey, maybe they'll confirm Scyther and Marowak....

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I know that this is highly unlikely, but what if Sakurai decided to really blow our minds and reveal the entire character roster with the new site update?

To be honest, I would prefer it they decided to reveal four or five new characters every month until Brawl's release. As much as I would enjoy seeing the veil of secrecy lifted, that would leave us nothing to argue about on the Brawl character discussion forum...

CStrife187

Smash Journeyman
they didn't have dev team when they first announced the game, they hadn't even asked sakurai to come back yet.

This game is one of the only games to start development after it was announced, so I think that hoping for an early release is a little ridiculous. I was being sarcastic when I said it was never coming out, it's obviously coming out

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
^^^

I'd prefer it if they did show us the entire cast. After seeing Rudy the Clown, Baby Lugia, Dragonite, and King Bob-omb on the character discussion, I'd settle to get them all just so the character speculation ends. I'd rather discuss some new movesets for confirmed new chars.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
^^^

I'd prefer it if they did show us the entire cast. After seeing Rudy the Clown, Baby Lugia, Dragonite, and King Bob-omb on the character discussion, I'd settle to get them all just so the character speculation ends. I'd rather discuss some new movesets for confirmed new chars.
True enough. Also, if they add profiles for all the characters as well as new gameplay footage and screenshots to the website we'd have plenty to chew for the long summer months.

Come on Sakurai, throw us a bone. If people are actually predicting Rudy the Clown will appear in Brawl, you know that its only a matter of time before we all go over the deep end.

CStrife187

Smash Journeyman
I doubt we'll see a full cast list this early, but we may see all of the default characters. btw OMG!!! Hulk Hogan for Brawl!!! OMG!!! (sarcasm)

Sensai

Smash Master
When are you guys expecting this game to release, anyways...?

If Nintendo's planning on releasing their big three this year, then they're going to have to give us quit a bit of information soon. And since this is the one that seems to look like that might be coming...

Probably not, but maybe.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Rudy the Clown?

If that guy was actually serious then maybe we already have gone off the deep end.
I doubt an entire roster release, maybe 1 character a week, but i want the characters to be as surprise as i unlock them myself. i just want ridley as starter.

The Director

Smash Lord
As much as we pray and hope, we won't get the entire character roster on Monday...

More realistically, I think Sakurai should announce the entire starting lineup with this major update. That would make more sense.

I don't think we'll see any secret characters with the update...I hope, but chances are slim. (besides Snake, obvi.)

Yomon

Smash Apprentice
I would love to see which characters are in the starting lineup, an official number of how many characters are in Brawl, some pictures of the menu screens and items, information on what kind of play modes we are going to get, along with any kind of side-quest game (Like the lottery in SSBM), and two videos, one with the newly revealed characters fighting and another with the video that plays when you start the game.

Possibly a third video of Sakurai and (can't remember his name) battling with Snake and Mario.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Possibly a third video of Sakurai and (can't remember his name) battling with Snake and Mario.[/QUOTE said:
Multiple videos probably aren't going to happen, i think 1 is likley though

As for the game creators, they aren't going to be in the game. an official number of characters is vary likley and a great idea i think there will only be 1 character released a week though...

End Game

Smash Journeyman
I think we will get an official release date (thank the heavens,) the starting line up, and the whole "a character revealed weekly" deal that Sakurai did with melee before it was released.

Fawriel

Smash Master
That means that in 2 days it's only 1 day!

Redundancy is such a beautiful thing, isn't it?

... anyway, I'll be happy with as many newcomers as possible. One per week would be nice. I wanna know whether it's time to dance!

PB&J

Smash Hero
im so amp'd i hope its a full character list....chuck noris for brawl..he'll be impossible to beat..one hit k.o.'s for every move..lol

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
im so amp'd i hope its a full character list....chuck noris for brawl..he'll be impossible to beat..one hit k.o.'s for every move..lol
Didn't you get the memo? Jack Bauer from 24 is the new Cuck Norris. The man kills a dozen terrorists before his feet hit the ground in the morning.

Hopfully we'll be able to settle this argument once and for all after Mii is confirmed as a playable character on Monday. :grin:

The Director

Smash Lord
I'd love menu shots and a screen of the character select. (most likely starting roster only)

What kind of sidequests do you think are going to be in Brawl? Melee had trophies, and they were novel but I think Brawl should take it to the next level. Animated trophies? Something different? I hope we find out Monday! :)

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I'd love menu shots and a screen of the character select. (most likely starting roster only)

What kind of sidequests do you think are going to be in Brawl? Melee had trophies, and they were novel but I think Brawl should take it to the next level. Animated trophies? Something different? I hope we find out Monday! :)
Good idea. Pikmin 2 had animated trophies and that seems like the next logical step.

Artistry

Smash Apprentice
Wiseguy said:
Hopfully we'll be able to settle this argument once and for all after Mii is confirmed as a playable character on Monday. :grin:
That would be so awesome, if albeit a bit awkward, if Miis were playable characters. It makes perfect sense for Sakurai to do so, because:

1. Miis are addicting to create and play with.
2. They could use a. anyone's moveset you choose, or b. their own moveset of course.
3. Because he can.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
@ Kabyk-Greenmyst: That's a pretty sweet sig pic you have there. Young Link (especially in that style) showing up in a new trailer would probably make me cry tears of joy. I finally played through that game (LoZ:WW) and finished it a few weeks ago. Even people who can't appreciate the gorgeously smooth renderings of that game must admit that it probably has the coolest ending EVER! Even my friend who has beaten every other Zelda said so. (I've only beaten like 2 others.) Eh whatever, I don't want to be trolling here, just thought that sig was cool. ;)

P.S. What would they call him? Just Young Link? "Celda" would be funny/cool, even if it was originally meant to mock that game.

Oh yeah another thing...

I can't believe I (slyly) got out of work just to see this update Mon. morning! I wasn't scheduled to work yet for sure, but I kind of made sure that DIDN'T happen, even though I was already getting Sunday off. Heck yeah! Sat-Mon off! I'll be posting it up with the rest of you fine ladies and gentlemen. (O.K. fine, just LADY)

Fawriel

Smash Master
Celda would make no sense at all. More like... Celink or something.
I guess he could still be called Young Link... or Hero of the Wind... or Link of the Wind... Wind Waker Link ( if you see Wind Waker as some sort of title )...

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
About the whole Hylia Frosty thing:

"I don't mean to be cynical or anything, but are you sure that the message isn't just about the actual Wendy's Frosty Float promotion? I mean, that starts on Monday the 21st as well, (www.frostyfloat.com) and Nintendo could've been saying there would be more info. on the promotion Monday. Just thought I'd share that."

I posted that in the Wii topic.

Oh, and Jack Bauer pwns.

Pokemaster

Smash Cadet
Ninty is unpredictable. Who knows, they may even release the game on Monday(unlikely but possible, knowing Nintendo).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom