• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1 Day...! (New Brawl Site Countdown)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
If it's absolutely necessary, Nintendo will pack it in. Otherwise, they will probably map the controls to the Wiimote/Nunchuk with the CC as a more optimized option.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
I'm flipping through IGN archives and at this time in 2001, with the same amount of time relative to release give or take what we know about estimated release date, IGN was actually having hands on time with the title. Sakurai said last month he was having hands on time with the title himself. It seems to me this thing is playable and just may be demoed to Cassamassina at this press event.

Artistry

Smash Apprentice
I'm flipping through IGN archives and at this time in 2001, with the same amount of time relative to release give or take what we know about estimated release date, IGN was actually having hands on time with the title. Sakurai said last month he was having hands on time with the title himself. It seems to me this thing is playable and just may be demoed to Cassamassina at this press event.
It can be playable and still be in development, a la beta.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
i8waffles612
How about for us who dont have a CC controller? that wouldnt be fair....
What about the people who don't have Wiis? It's not fair to them either. You should be able to play it on nothing.

Johnknight1
I've said this a billion times, but watever. Unless a more traiditional controller is made for the Wii, the GC controller is going tobe used. Maybe the CC will work with Brawl as well, but again unless there is a more traditional controller made for the Wii, Brawl will use the GC controller. (yae!)
The CC is the most traditional controller they could have made.

Chidosengan
Now I'm staring to think nothing new will happen.... Just the site will look prettier. Oh well, pretty exciting still!
The last time they updated the site, I don't think the game was anywhere near complete and there wasn't that much to show. By now it should be almost finished, so they'll probably reveal a lot of new stuff.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
I'm well aware of that--what I'm getting at is, given how extensive the coverage was at this time in 2001, with about the same amount of time to go before the release of Melee, Nintendo allowed hands on time, showed a new trailer, showed all the characters, extreme details, etc. Therefore, I am arguing for the notion that we might get the megaton on Monday as well, although I would assume it would be subdued compared to the 2001 E3 since the game was their centerpiece of their show and I'm sure they'd like to save it for Min-E3. Nevertheless, it seems Cassamasina, Bozon, and Harris are getting hands on time with Metroid, so, given the similarities in time frame, amount of development time thus far, and relativity to release, it stands to reason that they may be getting hands on time with Brawl, and we may thus have impressions to pore over and analyze, as well as lots of video, as compared to the worst case scenario where all we get is a cheap site update with some tidbits.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The CC is the most traditional controller they could have made.
Yes, but it should be used for classic games only. I personally don't like it, and the GC controller should work for Brawl. The CC should be used as a control option, along with the GC controller. I think you'll find 99% of every SSB player will prefer the GC controller over the CC.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
Count me in that 99%--I'd prefer the rumble and the better contours of the GC controller to the CC--although its button layout is effective and comfortable, it does feel a tad cheap.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Count me in that 99%--I'd prefer the rumble and the better contours of the GC controller to the CC--although its button layout is effective and comfortable, it does feel a tad cheap.
I'm almost positive the GC controller will be used, maybe the CC as a alternate control scheme, but the more traditional Wii controller I ws talking about is basicallly a upgraded GC controller. Baiscally I'm pretty sure we would all be happy with that control options, too. C'mon who doesn't like the GC controller, or would love a upgraded GC controller (not counting the friggen awsome Wavebird controller)=???

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
So, I have the most homework I've ever had in my life for one weekend--Junior year of college gets rough, particularly with my major's typical reading allotment. 800 pages of reading for the weekend and a six-page essay due Monday (homework for four upper division English classes and an upper division history class) I got 200 pages in yesterday afternoon and then decided to tackle the essay. Writer's block ever since. Screw Nathaniel Hawthorne and Edgar Allen Poe--I'd rather read Alexander Pope, or, better yet and further back, Chaucer or Sir Thomas Malory.

Anyway, been reading the boards ever since last night practically while waiting for an essay topic to click. Writer's block always hits me when I get stuck in a course with junk authors like these two. The best thing that Poe ever did was produce the fitting title line for Eternal Darkness, which more or less works for our own Brawl waiting game right now: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting."

I can't wait for Smash News.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I love Eternal Darkness, and I definitely agree about Poe.

My favorite game series are Super Smash, followed by Dynasty/Samurai/Gundam Warriors games. I can play those for months... and Smash for... how long's it been since Melee was out? five years? lol

The Director

Smash Lord
How can anybody be positive that the GC controller is going to be how we play Brawl? I think we'll find out on Monday.

I'd rather use the GC controller since I've spent countless hours over the past 5 1/2 years playing Melee. But, the fact of the matter is that the GC is old news. It is but a shadow in the light of the Wii, and the Wii is Nintendo's biggest console since the SNES.

Do you really think Nintendo is really going to make all the Wii owners who do not have a GC go out and get a GC controller just to play Brawl? Not bloody likely, especially since thier new philosophy is to drag in as many non-gamers as possible, and at this point it seems that they're succeeding. I want to point out, that many of these non-gamers who just purchased Wiis have probably never even laid their eyes on a GC.

My opinion? The GC controller won't be how we play Brawl. I think they're going to go with the classic controller, but if they do I would really, really hope that they give us an option to use GC controller.

Who knows? Maybe they'll come up with a Wii version of the GC controller, all white and shiney. That would be awesome. :)

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Screw college..!
If I have smash everythings fine. I will probably get a gamestop job or something anyways.
"Tingle..Tingle..KoolOO...LimpaH!" for news.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Sakurai said that he tried implementing the wii controllers technology but it got in the way of the gameplay so they are either sticking to the gamecube or classic controchnology but it got in the way of the gameplay so they are sticking to the gamecube/classic controler
Just because he didn't find the motion sensing fitting ( I think we can all agree on that) doesn't mean the Mote+chuck won't be used.

If I could quote from the site right now, I could prove you wrong. Sadly, though, I can't. :urg: Sakurai said he didn't want to change the way that people control Brawl, like they did from N64 to Melee, so that implies that we'll use GameCube controllers.

Thank you for your time.
I'm pretty sure he just wanted people to keep an open mind. No need to get all pissy about it.

Now I'm staring to think nothing new will happen.... Just the site will look prettier. Oh well, pretty exciting still!
What makes you think nothing new will happen? I would be good money that something good is announced.

I've said this a billion times, but watever. Unless a more traiditional controller is made for the Wii, the GC controller is going tobe used. Maybe the CC will work with Brawl as well, but again unless there is a more traditional controller made for the Wii, Brawl will use the GC controller. (yae!):) ;) :cool:
The CC is just about as traditional as it gets.

You know good and well that the CC fits the bill, and while it may use the GC controllers also, it will default to the CC either way
DING DING DING! We have a winner!!!

How about for us who dont have a CC controller? that wouldnt be fair....
You'll probably be able to use a GC controller and a Wiimote+ Nunchuck combo as well, so don't get your undies in a bundle.

If it's absolutely necessary, Nintendo will pack it in. Otherwise, they will probably map the controls to the Wiimote/Nunchuk with the CC as a more optimized option.
I don't think they'll pack it in, but otherwise I agree with you that they will map controls to Wiimote + Chuck, but optimize it for CC.

Since the GameCube controller has similar controls to the Classic Controller, I don't see why we wouldn't be able to use the GameCube controller.
Because people who have never owned a gamecube should not be expected to purchase a GC controller. However, you'll probably be able to use either of the three, so don't worry.

Yes, but it should be used for classic games only. I personally don't like it, and the GC controller should work for Brawl. The CC should be used as a control option, along with the GC controller. I think you'll find 99% of every SSB player will prefer the GC controller over the CC.
Why don't you like the CC? Not to say I don't like the GC more, but the CC is a good option for those who have never owned a GC.

Bottom Line:

You will probably be able to use all three, but keep an open mind, and don't get pissed if you don't get what you want, 'cause we all know you'll buy it anyway.

Artistry

Smash Apprentice
So, I have the most homework I've ever had in my life for one weekend--Junior year of college gets rough, particularly with my major's typical reading allotment. 800 pages of reading for the weekend and a six-page essay due Monday (homework for four upper division English classes and an upper division history class) I got 200 pages in yesterday afternoon and then decided to tackle the essay. Writer's block ever since. Screw Nathaniel Hawthorne and Edgar Allen Poe--I'd rather read Alexander Pope, or, better yet and further back, Chaucer or Sir Thomas Malory.

Anyway, been reading the boards ever since last night practically while waiting for an essay topic to click. Writer's block always hits me when I get stuck in a course with junk authors like these two. The best thing that Poe ever did was produce the fitting title line for Eternal Darkness, which more or less works for our own Brawl waiting game right now: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting."

I can't wait for Smash News.
Haha, you say almost nothing to do with this thread and then you double post. o.O :lick: Oh well no worries.

Anyways, I hope that we will get some info on not only Brawl, but when another huge shipment of Wiis are on the way. I haven't been able to get one.

2 days left, and we're on the edge of our seats. Nintendo sure knows how to make you wait, like with Twilight Princess. It's like they have a handbook on how to keep people in suspense and wanting.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Mr.GAW
I hope all three are used, as long as they all work. In the end, as Creo said, Nintendo always has it work out just fine. We just need to be patient....38 1/2 hours remaining! =D

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
LOL!! well i heard you got owned owned owned!!

I love your sig only person on it tho that deserves a spot in brawl is megaman sonic banjo and wolf

I

i8waffles612

NOOO We are losing. the official super smash bros forums has a thread like this but they have 1282 replies!!! NOOOO lol

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
NOOO We are losing. the official super smash bros forums has a thread like this but they have 1282 replies!!! NOOOO lol
Just as long as the official SSB forums doesn't get inside information that we don't get it's all good. Plus there are probably more n00bs there, and they are probably having less meaningful discussions then we are. Plus well, we're way cooler! ;)

Artistry

Smash Apprentice
Conversation on Nsider forums in a nutshell:

Noob #1: omg they're going to update the site.
Noob #2: duz ne1 no how 2 chnge ur pw??/
Noob #3: dood i lyk pakman
Noob #4: IT IF PACMAN U DUMASS!!
Noob #5: DUDE SMAHS SUKZ AND HALO WILL ALWAYS BE BEETER EVEN THO IM ON A NINTENDO BORED.
Noob #6: Dude guess what?
Noob #7: What?
Noob #6: BALLS!!!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I doubt the official SSB forums will get inside information, and even if they do, we'll get it within a matter of minutes. Seriously though, when was the last time the official Nintendo forums got insider information=??? Answer me that one (seriously, I wonder about this one).

Side Note @ MooCowMoo
I can guarentee you their conversations are 100 times dumber than that=lol!

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
Conversation on Nsider forums in a nutshell:

Noob #1: omg they're going to update the site.
Noob #2: duz ne1 no how 2 chnge ur pw??/
Noob #3: dood i lyk pakman
Noob #4: IT IF PACMAN U DUMASS!!
Noob #5: DUDE SMAHS SUKZ AND HALO WILL ALWAYS BE BEETER EVEN THO IM ON A NINTENDO BORED.
Noob #6: Dude guess what?
Noob #7: What?
Noob #6: BALLS!!!
LOL
But seriously i am noob #3 on Nsider!!!!

TriforceJ

Smash Apprentice
The best thing that Poe ever did was produce the fitting title line for Eternal Darkness, which more or less works for our own Brawl waiting game right now: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting."
That particular line sounds about right.
Hopefully Sakurai will throw us a light.

See? I can rhyme too.

By the way, Poe did some other great stuff. Ever read The Cask of Amontillado? Pretty nice.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
two days two days two days two days two days two days two days two days two days two days two days two days two days two days two days two days two days two days two days two days two days two days two days two days two days two days two days two days two days two days two days two days two days two days two days two days two days two days two days two days two days two days two days two days two days two days two days two days two days two days two days two days

but seriously, do you think theyll just release information on a single new character, or more than one maybe? or any at all??? i would laugh if the site comes up, and on the front page it says, 'CONFIRMED: FINAL DESTINATION RETURNING FOR BRAWL!!!', and that was all we got.

Zarasai

Smash Journeyman
I know whats happening on the site overhaul - they are making the site display upside down so when we fall off our chairs in despair at the lack of new news we can still read it.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
Yeah actually, that's what I'm writing my paper on--a dual analysis of Cask and Pit and the Pendulum. I'm heading somewhere along the lines of the imagination in Poe, as stifled by the burden of influence and criticism, but how its creativity is born of this anxiety, manifest in the tortured individual of each story. Pretty good jargon ey? Needs refining, support, and some work on the rhetorical structure, but considering that's the first words I've actually written in regard ot the essay I'm now quite happy.

John Dryden's "MacFlecknoe" said it best: the literary market does away with good writing--turns it into "toast": crap. Poe's burdened by having to sell his literature, so his criticisms get burried in these trite occult narratives, whereas Dryden, Pope, Swift, and the other neoclassicists could wrap their treatises on creativity, politics, etc. in their own poetic devices--not necessarily narrative structure. The **** of the Lock, however, is a fantastic piece of Pope narrative with a good balance of criticism.

Anyway, sick of homework, want Smash news.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
^^just contradicted yourself there, bub

lol
How did he contradict himself?

That particular line sounds about right.
Hopefully Sakurai will throw us a light.

See? I can rhyme too.

By the way, Poe did some other great stuff. Ever read The Cask of Amontillado? Pretty nice.
I read The Cask of Amontillado, it was pretty good, I wouldn't call it great.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Anyway, sick of homework, want Smash news.
Thank god all the homework I got fro mthe three days I was sick was easy=YAE! :) Time seems to be going faster now...less than 37 1/2 hours to go. So what are all you people doing to kill time=? I'm playing FF2 and 3 ROMs=friggen awsome games! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom